User Tag List

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the best regen I have ever managed.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally took my first deep dive into scouting Youth Intake yesterday, what should I be looking for in 15/16 year olds? Just need a couple of 14-15s in key areas? (Like tackling/heading for a Defender etc.) or are there more specifics?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been weeks since I even turned this on, has there been an update which ups the ceiling on player values? Prior to that mad Brazilian I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a value over seventy million quid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's been weeks since I even turned this on, has there been an update which ups the ceiling on player values? Prior to that mad Brazilian I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a value over seventy million quid.

Might have something to do with the transfer fee I paid for him.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my Bournemouth game, after the first season, 3 players moved for over 110 million quid each which seemed mental.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

Might have something to do with the transfer fee I paid for him.
    Possible but I've seen plenty of players go for that sort of money and never an assigned value anywhere near that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same thing 3 seasons in a row with Arsenal and it's more accentuated each time. Design a good tactic in the summer, smash in 60 goals before Christmas and then completely collapse in March. Three seasons in a row we're going to score 90+ goals and come fourth. This year we were borderline untouchable before February but now have hit April and will not win again. We were 21 points ahead of United in January, but now level.

I'm pretty sure it's just good old fashioned tactic cracking. It makes no sense otherwise. I've had three quite different setups each year as well.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Glorious.
    Must be nice to see these start to pay off further down the line. Patience is a virtue...or something like that.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I've had the same thing 3 seasons in a row with Arsenal and it's more accentuated each time. Design a good tactic in the summer, smash in 60 goals before Christmas and then completely collapse in March. Three seasons in a row we're going to score 90+ goals and come fourth. This year we were borderline untouchable before February but now have hit April and will not win again. We were 21 points ahead of United in January, but now level.

I'm pretty sure it's just good old fashioned tactic cracking. It makes no sense otherwise. I've had three quite different setups each year as well.
    Do you put the tactic in all three slots and train tactic only? Its the way I've been doing it for years and they never get cracked, but then the ones I use game the match engine a fair whack so the AI can't do anything after 3-4 years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    There's no beating a World Cup success with USA so I swiftly resigned on top and now find myself with Napoli and an eye on ending Inter Milan's four year resign as champions. It's time to do some globetrotting.
    After nearly eighteen years as Liverpool manager, a stint that brought about eleven league titles and forty-two cup victories I finally brought my time to an end and gave international football a crack. A brilliant tournament saw USA crowned World Champions and as I mentioned previously, you're not going to better that so I immediately went back to club management.

"It was like living in a foreign country."

Although Giovanni van Bronckhorst had left the Partenopei to the Serie A league title five years prior, the club had failed to capitalize on it finishing 6th, 5th, 7th and more encouragingly, 3rd prior to my arrival but by God what a terrible decision. We may have toppled Inter Milan who had won the previous four league titles but what I didn't know is that the club had failed the FFP for Europe and so the 3rd place didn't actually bring Champions League football because the twats had screwed it up already.

Losing 4-3 on aggregate to Roma was a bitter pill to swallow given their away goal came five minutes from time but ultimately we achieved the main objective. Not me however, I was bitter about the Europe incident so I fucked off to France and took over PSG who do have European football. The French giants have been crowned Ligue 1 champions for over two decades now but the Champions League trophy has always alluded them.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This tactic is fucking disgusting btw, started as Burnley, no changes bar bringing In Ronaldinho and Simao on frees, and we win 5-0 v Stoke first game, completely blitzed them.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...aggressor.html

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    This tactic is fucking disgusting btw, started as Burnley, no changes bar bringing In Ronaldinho and Simao on frees, and we win 5-0 v Stoke first game, completely blitzed them.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...aggressor.html
    There are three. Which did you use? Defensive?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    There are three. Which did you use? Defensive?
    Start with defensive, then if you need to chase it, or playing weaker, go attacking. Timewaste seems akin to its name.

Lost 3-2 away at Arsenal, its defensively good considering the players I have are all utter wank bar Keane.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now this:

Seems a cracking tactic for smaller teams.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its shit away from home

But it is Burnley. Not getting battered, but City/Southampton won.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG - Season 2035/2036

Having signed a one-year deal to become the new manager I had but one goal. To win the Champions League. The gulf in quality between PSG and the remainder of the division was plain to see. A total of 34 points separating second from first. It was to be the clubs 24th league title on the spin.

The Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue were both claimed as welll as the season opener, Trophee des Champions? Community Shield, right?

An easy run to the final. No legit challenge domestically at all which is why the solitary defeat to Nice in the league grinds my gears.

Yasin Ozer returned to the club in January after I signed him whilst at Liverpool almost a decade ago. A fitting end to his career.

Away from home and our quest to land the European Cup got off to a rocky start until we rattled off a hat-trick of victories in the return fixtures to set up a tie with Spanish Champions Real Madrid.

Madrid have dominated La Liga for the past 7/8 years now but proved to be walkovers as over 180 minutes.

I feared a return to England given I expected Liverpool to beat Benfica but the Portuguese nohopers actually caused the shock of the round. It was a return to England however Tottenham and then Man City stood in our way.

City and ourselves were evenly matched and Rousseau's late strike in the first leg probably saved us. The return saw a melt down of epic proportions. Poor City.

And so off to Austria to face Barcelona in the final, the Catalan club having knocked out fellow La Liga side Athletico out of the competition they win just twelve months ago. Miroslav Kudela and Erdi Yildiz gave us a comfortable lead in what had been a comfortable game in general before we switched off.

Thankfully we recovered despite Steve Gaillard getting sent off in extra time.

As usual it's the front three that bring the success but in Richard Alonso's case it was a killer as broken foot ruled him out of the las three months of the season.

Recently named th Best Player in Europe which was some consolation, I'm sure.

The experienced Paul Reekers hit a personal best but still hasn't justified the £80M PSG paid out for him in 2030.

He never will either.

The ever improving Emilien Rousseau was the point of the triangle with 25 in 30, a poor return compared to previous sides but still the focal point of the team. He scored the important goals.

The board want to renew the deal but Champions League success means there's no point. It's off to Germany or Spain next in a bid. At just 51 years old I reckon I have at least another 20 years left in me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've really messed up this Facepack business. Most my players now have bald heads. I deleted them thinking it would load the originals but has it heck. Uninstall job or is there a work around?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how careers can take shape up this game. Dominating with Liverpool over an eighteen year period. Defeating Italy in the World Cup final just months before moving to the country to take over Napoli. Winning the Scudetto in my only year in charge before sodding off to France. Completing a domestic clean sweet whilst landing a 10th European title as manager defeating Barcelona in the final. After winning six trophies in my first season at PSG I decided not to renew my one year deal and swiftly moved to....Barcelona.

With just one Copa del Rey trophy in the last eight years whilst watching Real Madrid race to eight consecutive league titles, these were bleak years for the Catalan club.

In truth after Lionel Messi retired in 2025 the club had won just four honours. The La Liga title, two Cop del Rey cups and the Supercopa. 652 league appearances, 482 league goals. He holds the recorders for top league scorer, most goals in a season, most goals in a match, most assists and having enjoyed a 23 year career at the top for the Spanish giants, he became the club's oldest goalscorer at 37 years 267 days with a strike against Leverkusen in his final year as a player.

CV.

Liverpool 2016 to 2034.

Premier League - 2018, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034.
    Community Shield - 2018, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032.
    FA Cup - 2019, 2024, 2025, 2031, 2034.
    League Cup - 2022, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034.
    Champions League - 2019, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2033, 2034.
    Europa League - 2024.
    Super Cup - 2025, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032.
    FIFA Club World Cup - 2019, 2026, 2027, 2029, 2030, 2033.

United States 2034 to 2034

World Cup - 2034.

Napoli 2034 to 2035
    Serie A - 2035.

PSG
    Ligue 1 -2036.
    Coupe de France - 2036.
    Coupe de Ligue - 2036.
    Trophee des Champions - 2035.
    Uefa Champions League - 2036

Barcelona - 2036 to....

In my mind now I'm hoping to reclaim the La Liga title from Madrid whilst getting some more European success, possibly a domestic clean sweet given I signed a three year deal. Then I plan on moving to Germany in a bid to do the same, Borrussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich still dominate there and then a return to Italy so in an attempt to win a European Cup with an Italian side too given Napoli were expelled from the competition in my only year in charge and thus hopefully completing league and european success with a club from the top five nations.

Some globe-trotting ala Sven should follow that to America, Asia and the like before settling down as the manager of Wales whilst taking over a newly promoted club from the Conference North and South.

Currently only 51 so I reckon I got a good 30 years left before retiring.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much time left but may be of use to someone.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/24/footba...ekend-6532269/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona - 2036 / 2037

Former Liverpool reserve manager Michael Beale was the last man to win the league title with Barcelona having done so in his debut season back in 2027. After nearly five years at the club that was the best things got with the exception of a token Copa del Rey trophy. Beale later moved to Benfica which brought a couple of small successes before being appointed Manchester United manager in 2035.

It was as clear as day that that wouldn't be a road I would be following but I wanted to at least mirror his league success and we gave ourselves the best possible chance of doing that by winning ten of our first eleven matches. By time Real Madrid came to the Nou Camp on matchday #19 however we were in the running and a championship challenge was a viable target. After eight years dominating the division I had expected Madrid to be harder to overcome especially as the club had had our number for the past decade. The Catalan's winning just a handful of head to head matches. This season was to be different however with all three meetings bringing about the same outcome. Just as well given how close the league table ended up.

Transfers In

I initially agreed to allow the clubs Directer of Football to be the man who kept the squad topped up but I swiftly realised the error of the ways and duly took control back. £12M on this geezer being the only reason I needed.

He was the only arrival in the summer but after a few players started moaning about the quality of players at the club we had to act again in January. This time it was all me.

Although we had agreed for him to join at the end of the season we decided we'd buy him earlier which cost us £15M, I figured he would be a worthwhile addition from Borussia Monchengladbach but he flattered to deceive when given a chance and spent much of the season overcoming petty injuries. I'm attempting to retrain him as an attacking midfielder given I don't tend to use wingers.

On a better note, our £80M signing of Tiago Francisco paid off a little better although I'll be expecting much more once he's had a full preseason.

As of right now, I'm not sure what the budget will be for the summer but we've got so many areas we need to improve as I inherited an ageing squad who surpassed my expectations this season although one that I don't think is cut out to repeat the feat over the next two years.

Back to the cups though.

It had been a decade in waiting to avenge a cup final defeat to Madrid as we were victorious at the Nuevo Mestalla.

In Europe we took a bit of a hit.

When Rapid Wien equalised in the last five minutes to knock us out of the Champions League I almost had a bitch fit. Only once before had that happened in my twenty plus years although this time it received a better ending. In 2031/2032 after being eliminated from Europe's premier competition we ended up progressing to the Europa League final before losing to Tottenham. Five years later we against entered a Europa League final against London opposition although this time we proved victorious.

It was the first time since 1966 that the competition had been won but given how it's viewed by the top clubs I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff Smiff

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. It's awesome looking back at clubs histories. You can almost see where it went completely tits up for some.

In Barcelona's case it was rather curious at best. Luis Enrique had lasted a decade as manager landing 7 league titles in the process before he moved on to manage Arsenal. Leonardo Jardim couldn't quite escape his shadow and resigned after nearly three years in charge. Then in came Michael Beale who did manage to grab the La Liga title back but he was sacked just months shy of his 5th anniversary at the club when that proved to be the high point.

Luis Enrique made a return to the club in 2032 in an effort to rebuild the Barcelona brand but the cliche'd "you should never go back" statement rang true in this instance as three bleak seasons somewhat tarnished his previous stint. Gareth McAuley was the surprise choice to replace him and twelve months later it was me.

Luis Enrique's career has seen him go from Barcelona > Arsenal > Spain > Germany > Romania > Portugal > Man City > Barcelona > Arsenal > West Ham.

Hugely successful all round, you'd think? Not quite. After leaving Barcelona in 2024 he has won the Europa League and that was in 2026.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing as Stevenage. Was comfortably ensconced in the play off spots for 95% of the season and then melted down at the death to finish 9th. We were right at the top of possession and passing tables so morally we got promoted ofc.

We have even less money second time around but I like my lean, young squad and we've smashed Tranmere on the opening day and dumped Championship Burton out of the League Cup.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 - 18

Last time I updated this thread with the travails of the mighty Bournemouth, I was in my first season in 7th place with 9 games to go. My first choice striker, gone. My second choice striker, gone. My third choice striker, on loan. I lost or drew most of those games and ended up finishing just outside the Europa League in 8th place behind Sunderland.

Since then much has changed, Max Gradel who never seemed to do anything but the press raved about went for 25 million, Jordan Ibe went the same summer for 22 million. Jack Butland came in from relegated Stoke for 19 million, was absolute rubbish for 18 months only to seal his dream move to Arsenal for twice the price(?) along with; Jerome Ongeune, as backup for an ageing defence, David Concha and Fabien Benko, who were cheap U21s that could replace the not doing much and the not playing much holes left by the two partees and John Flanagan just so my bench didn't look quite as stupid with it's 5 right sided attacking midfielders and a centre back as well as an assortment of youngsters. Rob Holding follows in January for 3 mil to push old man Francis out the team.

2018/19

The following season my top scorer from last year, Callum Wilson, did his cruciate, would be lucky to play 8 games all season and it's September. Benik Afobe is firing blanks and in desperation I turn to the guy who was on loan at Fulham the season prior. Lys Mousset scores 23 goals in 26 Premier League games to rescue me 7th.

Gonzalo Martinez, my flair winger that I bought instead of playing Jordan Ibe, left to Schalke for 18 million after I paid 2. Jack Butland followed as mentioned previously. After the success of Jerome Ongeune I decide to hire another in Jeroen Zoet to replace Butland. I went back to Latin America to pick up Stefano Driussi who my scouting department assured me would be excellent and Nuno Santos, who's agent told me was transfer listed while I was desperate. And a load of kids.

Meanwhile, Gareth Southgate was knocked out in the group stages after a last minute equaliser from Belgium had them finishing third in their group and I, putting the disarray of English coaching on full view took the job on full time. I don't often do International Management but it's the first time in a while I've felt like I was setting up a career and thought why not. I figured it might give me a chance of signing higher profile players as well but I'm not sure if that's true.

Onward and upwards I thought, only to go through the roughest patch of form I've had on a game I was invested in and couldn't quit. The only bright light was an EFL cup run where I managed to beat Sheffield Wednesday, Burnley, Arsenal, Wolves, Nottingham Forest and Watford getting me into the European competition I always dreamed of.

England walked over the Italians in some competition called 'European League Div. A' and finished top of a 3 person group. This apparently qualified me for something called the International League Semi-Final? The seriousness with which I took on the competition was evident by the fact that I was knocked out by Belgium at the first hurdle. I thought I was in for a world of trouble only to find out the FA had never heard of it either. Phew.

2019/20

I waste a shedload on Youri Tielemans who I've always failed to buy in other games after he's transfer listed by Real Madrid. 23 million quid. He's shit. Sven Van Beek also comes in from the shadows of the PSG transfer list and is a complete boss every second he's not injured for months at a time.

We spend most of the season in 3rd place despite averaging 35% posession only to collapse at the end of the season; winning 2, drawing 3 and losing 9. We finish 8th.

This years Europa was a load of wank where upon ruining my team by qualifying, I beat Sevilla twice only to go out to Bordeaux after failing to beat the team from Cyprus.

I turn up to the Euros deflated, my first game? Belgium. I'm cursed. I go into half time 2-0 up only to come out of the game with a point after Christian Benteke runs wild in the second half. 2-2. People are calling me Gareth. I struggle for the win against Bosnia and swat aside Estonia and finish behind Belgium on goal difference.

The Gods gift me a reprieve with half my team nackered to the point of collapse with a second round game vs Greece. I swap a few people round and roll away with a simple 2-0 victory.

No time to rest though because Portugals up next. a 35 year old Ronaldo on 575k a week tears me apart but I get to extra-time with a clean sheet and Dele Alli smashes one in from 30 yards.

I'm in the fucking semi-final lads but I feel I've met my maker when I come up against France. We've got a bit fluky to get this far and get flukier after we get a penalty in the first 10 minutes and I realise I've never set Penalty Takers in the 2 years I've managed this team. John Stones smashes it in and we come out with a 2-1 win.

I've never won any major trophy outside of a League in this game since going on 2001 (maybe even 97/98 I can't remember) so I'm buzzing. I haven't even been looking at the other draws just slamming continue when it flashes up, Belgium.

We haven't beaten them in our last 4 competitive games. All at crucial times.

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Smiffy How do a few of your newgens have real pictures?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody struggling to sell player since the 17.3 update? I have 5 good players on the transfer list, relatively cheap (including 2 for $0), but I'm getting no offers at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    @Smiffy How do a few of your newgens have real pictures?
    It was a pack like that Demski fella that I used but then I don't remember where I found it. I wouldn't bother either as it's quite shit for the best part.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona - 2037 / 2038

Although we managed to win the La Liga title last season I felt we would still need to strengthen for the upcoming campaign after our early exit from the Champions League. We may have went on to win the Europa League but the dip in quality is a noticable one. With that in mind we went and spunked a load of money we haven't really got.

Transfers In

Zeljko Juricic
    Toggle Spoiler

Nothing special but given his contract was close to expiring at Hajduk we took a punt on his agents say so. As the season developed he wasn't getting a look in for the first team so we loaned him to Alcorcon where he didn't fare much better.

Nico Alegre
    Toggle Spoiler

One of Spain's golden boys. Nico started his career at Villareal before being lured to Manchester United. After two solid seasons at Old Trafford we decided to spunk £70M on him. 25 goals in 53(2) matches was a decent enough return in his debut season and the nine assists merely added to that. Still a costly one.

Pau Perez
    Toggle Spoiler

A true WTF moment. He started just once in the league which should tell you all you need to know. I'm sure we got the wrong player or something because at £22M he's been an absolute flop. Possibly the worst of my 'career'.

Dariusz Liberacki
    Toggle Spoiler

Signed in January from Arka for a much more modest £800K and looks as though he might actually make a name for himself in the game. Admittedly he was only signed due to the squad needing an injection of youth but definitely one to keep an eye on.

Nicolas Soto
    Toggle Spoiler

We needed cover in midfield and spotted plying his trade in China was this man. We duly snapped him up for around £1.8M....then forgot to register the fucker.

Season Summary

After claiming the La Liga title last season I expected us to retain it although we things much harder than we ought to have and at one point trailed Real Madrid by a hefty nine points until they finally started dropping some of their own after the New Year. We struggled through far too many games, suffered defeats against teams we shouldn't have and the warning signs were there last season too but I failed to fix them.

Our start to the season was rather telling in that it appeared as though we were in for a hard time against the supposed bigger sides. (I say supposed, Barcelona have dropped out the top ten in recent years).

Defeat against former club Liverpool in the Super Cup was a bummer. As annoying as such competitions are you still want to be the one taking it home. We followed this disappointment up with a double whammy against Madrid too which made things worse.

Thankfully our fortunes were to improve as the season progressed but it took a while getting there. Real Sociedad and Atletico were all rather close by the turn of the year too.

We may have retained our league crown but we wouldn't be claiming a domestic double after Sevilla pounced at the wrong time.

Winning at the Santiago Bernabeu would have been nice but our time would come.

Sooner, rather than later.

We managed to expell last seasons demons in the Champions League as we were drawn against Rapid Wien once more.

Normality resumed however.

Qualification to the 1st Knockout round was all well and good but not when January saw promises dished out to three first team regulars that they could jolly well fuck off if we didn't win the entire competition.

Celtic were drawn in the next stage which increased our chances. Two 3-0 victories ensuring a safe passage. The quarter finals saw every man and his dog hoping to draw Wolfsburg or Inter Milan, the two 'easiest' ties left and sure enough we drew the Italians. Whilst a 4-2 aggregate scoreline looked close, it wasn't and we were deserved victors. Ourselves, Manchester City and former clubs PSG and Liverpool made up the final four. Madrid and Arsenal faltering. We were now the weakest team left and easy pickings for Man City for sure but a 2-2 draw at the Etihad followed by a comfortable 2-0 victory at home meant we would be marching right across Spain and back to the Bernabeu for the European Cup final. Liverpool at this point had a 3-1 first leg lead. PSG didn't give a fuck.

And so it became a repeat of the 2036 final. Barcelona vs PSG. The French were victorious under my command just two years ago before relinquishing the honor to Liverpool just twelve months ago. After roasting the Merseysiders in the last round, they felt confident.

We felt like winners though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that Richard Alonso like?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a bit of a beast tbh.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More updates in here please people. I enjoy reading them god damn it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-one commented on my greatest success ever so y'all can get fucked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I missing something?

Toggle Spoiler

I did load USA, China and Australia at the end of the season if that's had a effect on it? I'm going to struggle after Barcelona as the only 'realistic' move that fits is to Germany with Bayern Munich. Dortmund are too good at the moment and still feels a tad too soon to return to Italy in a bid for a European title.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona - Season 2038 / 2039

Transfers In

Rafael Contreras
    Toggle Spoiler

Although £40M was a huge outlay given our financial state we desperately needed to strengthen at the back at Rafael ticked the right boxes. IE. £40M isn't 'silly money'. A solid campaign and well worth it in the end.

Mory N'Diaye
    Toggle Spoiler

Linking up for a second time after I siged him twelve years ago at Liverpool, Mory and me go way back. Although he cost £17.5M this time around, he eventually forced his way into the first team when we switched to three at the back.

Season Summary

Our season got off to a winning start in more ways than one as we won a hatrick of trophies. The 'All Stars' Trophy (shh), the Super Cup against Bordeux and the Spanish opener, a 5-1 aggregate win over Sevilla in the Supercopa Final.

After rattling off ten goals in our first two league games, we were widely tipped to retain our title once again until a 2-1 defeat at the Bernabeu silenced that talk. As it was though we went about our business easing past the likes of Alaves, Athletic and Osasuna but stumbling when faced with a contender in Atletico. It didn't help we had lost 5-3 to West Ham in the Champions League just days earlier. However we were still on course for a third successive league title and we need not have panicked.

After losing to Atletico Madrid we swiftly embarked on a 16 game unbeaten run before local rivals Espanyol ended the streak albeit in a meaningless second leg match after we trounced them 5-0 in the first. I blamed tiredness based on our successful FIFA Club World Cup stint but the press were having none of it. The mark of a championship team is always in its ability to bounce back and we did that in style just one week later by beating Real Madrid not once, not twice but three times in the space of seven days. The Catalan hadn't had it so good in years.

By this time the title was ours to lose and despite a hiccup here to Getafe, and another over there to Rayo, we were never really in doubt as to where we would end the season.

Come May we were once again crowned La Liga champions. Winning it after beating Espanyol in the league at the Nou Camp being a small cherry on top.

The Copa del Rey was a competition we had had mixed fortunes in but we were more than deserving victors this season as we seized a domestic double.

All is forgiven Pau Perez.

I'm claiming it as a trophy. I don't care.

In Europe our quest to retain old big ears was in vain as Liverpool knocked us out of the semi finals. It was gutting but expected. Thankfully they/we beat Real Madrid in the final too securing their 16th European Cup. Every silver cloud etc.

My three year deal with Barcelona is up and as luck would have it, Napoli are looking for a new manager although once again have no Europe having finished in 7th place. Unfinished business?

Liverpool 2016 to 2034.

Premier League - 2018, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034.
    Europa League - 2024.

World Cup - 2034.

Napoli 2034 to 2035
    Serie A - 2035.

PSG
    Ligue 1 -2036.
    Coupe de France - 2036.
    Coupe de Ligue - 2036.
    Champions League - 2036

Barcelona - 2036 to 2039

La Liga - 2037, 2038, 3039.
    Copa del Rey - 2037, 3039.
    Supercopa de Espana - 2038.
    Europa League - 2037.
    Champions League - 2038.
    Super Cup - 2038.
    FIFA Club World Cup - 2038.
    All Star Trophy - 2038.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chorley FC tale of the tape so far

Got stuck into a cracking save with one of my local clubs on FM16 here is how we have got on so far...

Season 1 in the Vanarama National League North - We are semi pro which is a new scenario for me as I have never managed this far down the pyramid, not being able to secure players to long term contracts was a massive pain in the arse, I managed to get a few loans in from football league clubs and surprisingly managed to finish top of the pile, had a cracking run in for the title over the last 10 games ourselves and our local rivals AFC Fylde swap positions a few times it was neck and neck up to the last 4 games but thankfully they bottled it and we won the league by 10 points in the end.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 2 in the Vanarama National League - Our first season in the national conference was a fucking nightmare, we didn't win a league game until our 10th game of the season when we smashed Altrincham 4-0 at home. We then sort of turned a corner and picked up some decent draws away and some good results at home that kept us just clear of the drop zone coming into January. A shit load of injuries and some loans then went back to their parent clubs saw us not win any points in January and we slumped back into the relegation places. Things were looking pretty shit coming up to March but we went on a cracking run of results that pushed us all the way up to 14th and that's the position we finished in ultimately, which considering that we struggled for most of the season I was pretty happy about that.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 3 in the Vanarama National League - I fucking hate this league, board wont let me turn pro, They wont sort out a parent club so I have got to loan 17 year old's from shite teams like Port Vale and Oxford. Season was steady nothing spectacular and we ended up finishing 11th, which I guess is a step forward.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 4 in the Vanarama National League - Last seasons finish saw a slight boost in our rep which meant we could bring in some better quality players on loan also some young lads on free transfers that have been released from league clubs academies. The improvement in players saw us finish 3rd and go into the play offs. Two games away from Wembley and we were in good form, we drew Ebbsfleet. The First leg was away from home and we secured a 0-0 draw which I was really happy with, we got them back to our place and managed to turn around going a goal down and won 2-1, on we go to Wembley. In the Final we would face Eastleigh. A massive day for us if we win this we are a league side for the first time in our history. An absolutely bonkers game and I'll have to just show you as words just wont do it justice.
    Toggle Spoiler
    I honestly thought we were going to bottle it against 10 men, I went fucking wild when we scored in ET. Into League 2 we go!

Season 5 in League 2 - Our maiden season as a professional club, god damn it feels good having players on 3 year contracts! One slight disappointment was our rep, I didn't feel like it had improved in anyway, so I was still only able to sign the same quality of players as my last season in the National League, still the board wont give me a senior affiliate club to get some decent loans. Summer was really difficult as I was struggling to find any players of real quality and was mainly filling my team with squad players. Towards the end of July I managed to pick up a couple of decent players and felt confident we could stay up. We did just that finishing 10th in our first season, I was absolutely delighted with that finish we were comfortable all season and never struggled at any point during the season. Onward and upwards.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 6 in League 2 - Coming soon...

Other news
    No cup updates so far because we have done sod all in any of them, we got to the 2nd round of the FA cup twice but that is about it. We were also the subject of a takeover in our 3rd season by none other than Randy Lerner, I was expecting a decent amount of money to be pumped into the club from him, but so far I have seen nothing. Transfers have been ok we havent brought any old major names in, so far we have spent a total of £120,000 on transfers and almost all transfers I have spread the payments over 48 months so that we could afford to bring them in, in terms of incoming money for transfers we currently sit at £0.

Thanks for reading !

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it should get easier now. I like League Two when doing LLM games because of that extra promotion spot and your entry into the League Cup gives another chance for a money spinning tie against a big side. Three seasons in the Vanarama must have been a slog although again it's easier now more than one go up.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loaded up 12 European leagues, gave myself the best coaching badges and holidayed until a job came up. Got Club Brugge. The Belgian league format is fucking stupid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought my man Pilkington would have retired by now but the guy is still a beast.

785 goals in 1,405 games.

Oof.

Top five managers in the HoF are myself, Antonio Conte, Massimiliano Allegri, Jose Mourinho and Unai Emery. The careers of all are incredible.

Me - LIVERPOOL > USA > NAPOLI > PSG > BARCELONA > NAPOLI.

Conte - CHELSEA > BAYERN > ARSENAL > REAL MADRID > LIVERPOOL > BARCELONA

Allegri (retired two years ago though) - JUVENTUS > MAN CITY > REAL MADRID > BAYERN > WEST HAM > PSG

Mourinho (retired three years ago) - MAN UNITED > PORTUGAL > FRANCE > ENGLAND.

Emery - PSG > MAN CITY > WEST HAM > REAL MADRID > CHELSEA >.....Bordeaux?

Between us all we've amassed 214 trophies.

Pep?

He's had a weird one given he isn't meant to stick around. After claiming only the Champions League and FA Cup in his time at the Etihad, Guardiola left the club in 2021 to join Italian giants, Juvetus. A successful five years proceeded with four league titles wrapped up but no European gold to show for his time with the Old Lady. Surprisingly he turned to England as the new manager of Chelsea in 2026, a Europa League and EFL Cup double in his debut season was promising but just three FA Cups in what turned out to be a decade in London merely confirmed what many thought. He was yesterdays news.

When Chelsea sacked him just two weeks after his tenth anniversary it was said to have broken Pep. A return to Italy was concluded a month later but it was to be a dismall twelve months with Inter Milan and a second successive dismissal. In what came as a surprise to most he then upped sticks and returned home to Spain and endured a rocky ride with Real Sociedad before resigning just eighteen months in. It has been ten months since he made that decision and he's still to return to management.

Scarred.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napoli - Season 2039/2040.

Season Summary

After a flawless preseason we felt ready to hit the ground running and look for a top three finish. Italy losing the fourth Champions League spot just twelve months earlier. The first time I joined Napoli the club had no European football due to the FFP, this season would see no European football due to the clubs 7th place finish last season and so a third year spent with the club and no attack on a trophy I believe to be my own just won't be acceptable.

We kicked off the Serie A campaign with two successive 2-0 win's over Carpi and Palermo before suffering a surprise 4-3 defeat away to Brescia. In fairness since returning to Serie A in 2033 the club have progressed on a yearly basis, finishing one place above Napoli last season as early as last season, in fact.

I forever measure a squads ability in its ability to bounce back from such defeats but the manner in which we responded to that defeat surprised even me as we proceeded to remain unbeaten for the rest of the year and beyond. Marcus Vinicius, a much better player than five years ago, Jamie Muphy, yet another talented American and perhaps our signing of the season, Johan Stromberg all ensuring goals were easy to come by, a solid back line ensuring they were just as easily kept out too.

Milan (2-), Inter (2-1), Roma (3-0) and Juventus (5-1) just a few of those put to the sword by the attacking trio.

As we entered 2040 we were flying in the league and with no challenge in sight, no European football to hinder we were able to benefit hugely. February 18th we were finally stopped in our tracks as Bologna secured a 1-0 win to end our unbeaten run of 26 games. Another response was desired and after 10 day break we would return to hammer AC Milan, last seasons league champions 3-0 in the TIM Cup. Not quite needed given we had beaten them 5-2 just a fortnight earlier in the first leg. It was a bit of a statement though we would still need to win the final for it to mean anything. Palermo being the opponents increased our chances considerably.

We would remain unbeaten still. By time the final game of the season had been played we had already set records left right and centre. No team had claimed as many Serie A points, no team had won so many games (33), our 16 league games won in a row became a new Serie A record, as did the 97 goals we ploughed past the rest.

Top Goalscorers

37 in 43.

17 in 37.

Signed for little over £5M from Malmo and has become arguably the most important player in the first first eleven as his 27 goals and 14 assists suggested Italy would be no problem. Plenty of resale value too at 21. A break out year that saw him pick up the European Golden Boy award, a domestic double as well as making his Sweden international debut.

^^

The others signed during that summer may have cost a grand total of £5M themselves but all are for the future. Napoli's financial situation isn't the best (although Europe now changes that!) so I wanted to avoid splashing out huge sums. Having spent four seasons playing at the top end of the transfer market, its been a nice change of pace looking for value in the market this time round.

I'm hoping Pino starts the 2040/41 season as our new number one although current number one Diego Parma is perfectly fine, he's 28 and I think Pino will develop to be a much better keeper. I only intend on staying for three years as per my contract but I'd like to leave some sort of imprint before I do.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on - you won the World Cup with America?

I'd completely missed that

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Hang on - you won the World Cup with America?

I'd completely missed that
    I did indeed.

2034 World Cup - In Focus.

For the second time in just twelve years the event was held in Morocco but England went into it hoping to retain having claimed the 2032 World Cup, ending the pain of 66.

Group A

Belgium made easy work of the group by finishing first which is more than can be said for the Republic of Ireland who finished runners up. A 90th minute required in their opener against Paraguay, a 1-1 draw against host nation Morocco followed by a defeat to the impressive Belgiums but still enough to qualify for the next round.

Group B

With Greece, Senegal and Spain to contend with, we (USA) felt confident of getting 2nd place which is exactly what we ended up with but not in the manner expected. We opened up our group with a 1-1 draw to Senegal whilst Greece took three unexpected points against the Spanish. Our following opponents. Defeat and there was a very real chance we were out already. However we went on to win 2-1, our only victory of the group stage due to Greece claiming a third successive 1-0 win to top the group. Spain went home. Eh up!

Group C

Brazil were always going to finish top in a group containing Czech Republic, South Africa and Australia although the Brazilians 1-0 defeat to South Africa was probably the shock of the tournament at that point. It wasn't enough mind as they slipped up against the Aussies to give Czech Republic the runners up spot.

Group D

Sweden and Mexico eased past Mali and China. China's expensive experiment working to an extent although three defeats out of three probably wasn't what was hoped for.

Group E

A group of death. Argentina, Japan, Netherlands and Portugal. Argentina had lost the final to England four years ago, Netherlands had lost theirs eight years back. Japan stood no chance. Neither did the Netherlands as Portugal spanked them by a couple of goals to finish top of the pile. Holland out at the group stages but then someone big was always joining Spain.

Group F

The WTF group. DR Congo finished above Germany. Russia and Honduras barely turned up.

Group G

France were favourites to finish top but were made to scrap for it with runners up Iran. Quite an open group when it was expected the French and Chile would go through. Angola should have stayed at home.

Group H

Costa Rica, Ecuador, England and Italy. The holders remained unbeaten in the group stage but much to their dismay, they remained winless too as both Italy and Costa Rica secured the vital wins against Ecuador to qualify for the knock out rounds.

Second Round

The big guns mostly avoided one another with Germany V Portugal perhaps the biggest game of the round. We kicked off the proceedings with a 2-2 draw against Belgium before progressing on penalties. Greece slaughtered Ireland by four goals to nil. Still to concede a goal in the entire competition. Brazil left it late against the Mexicans, Sweden capitulated against the Czech's whilst France and Italy eased past Costa Rica and Iran. Argentina though. Argentina 0. DR Congo 1. Shock of the last few decades.

Quarter Finals

We were handed a favourable tie against Czech Republic which we duly won whilst the rest of the tournament took a mental swing. Greece defeated Brazil 2-0. Still no goals conceded. Italy triumped in a very Italian way by keeping out Germany to go through 1-0. DR Congo proved the last round was no fluke by knocking out France. The last four. USA. Greece. DR Congo and Italy. Wow.

Semi Finals

Whether it was good fortune we drew DR Congo could have been disputed before kick off due to their form in the competition but we had little to worry about in securing a 3-0 win. We would go on to face Italy in the final. You had to feel for Greece.

Final.

Not since 2006 had Italy tasted World Cup glory, an opportunity to land a fifth crown. For the USA, a first. But make no mistake. We were no pushovers back then. I just never realised it until I took over.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al Clark is actually still going. I can't believe I didn't sign him when I had the chance. I practically let him join Arsenal.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work.

Can't believe SI haven't done something about the regen faces. They are horrific in this version.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napoli - Season 2040 Preview

The summer transfer window opened in impressive style as our very own Andreas Chapman moved to Tottenham for £37.5M rising to £58 and we made the decision early on how we were going to invest it. Youth.

Roma had an impressive market by their standards and I imagine it'll be them, both Milan clubs and Juventus who are challlenging again.

The Youngsters

Finally, one for Scotland to get excited about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Nice work.

Can't believe SI haven't done something about the regen faces. They are horrific in this version.
    Mine all look fairly normal, not a clue what's going on with some of the abominations on show.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye I use a regen facepack and its helped massively.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napoli - Season 2040/2041

Transfers

Frank McInally, Jason Silva and Florin Dragomir all made a dent in the first team which was reassuring with our Scottish arrival McInally scoring 14 times in 34 games. Not amazing but given he's not long turned 19 and has potentially 5*stars then I imagine he'll be a worldie for years to come.

Slightly gutted to have lost Andreas Chapman but overall it was a decision that needed to be made given the clubs financial situation over the last few years and given he signed on a free in 2032, it pretty much forced my hand.

Nothing special in AI terms.

And on we go.

We won the season opener against Palermo in the Supercoppa, a meaningless trophy (I think?) but a trophy all the same.

It was perhaps a sign of things to come but we were far from at our peak as the season got underway despite what looked like good form on paper.

Defeat to Pescara was followed by defeat to Inter Milan and that was enough to decide it was time to go back to three up top. The change was almost instant but it was still a close fought affair between ourselves, the Milan clubs and indeed Bologna. We went into the final game of the campaign against AC Milan, top at the time and one point clear of ourselves. It wasn't to be.

For them.

A successful retention of our league title which is more than could be said for our TIM Cup effort.

Juventus really are shit. Not as tough as they once were.

So a league title was fine and dandy but it was European football I looked forward to the most given the last two seasons at Napoli saw none.

You could tell from the group stage that it had been a while. We were outclassed against Man United despite our four goals in the return game. Basel beasted us which was a shock, we eventually got revenge there though.

A favourable draw in the 2nd round was welcomed but again we made half work of the first leg. A lot of 0-0 draws during the season. A 4-2 win in Holland was much better.

The away goal was all we asked in the quarter finals and whilst we got it against a very powerful Manchester City, the manner in which we dispatched them in the return was brutal. Semi finals on route and a genuine chance of winning the competition. Again.

But it wasn't to be. Madrid facing Man United in the final. The Red Devils starting their upturn in fortunes again. A return to England being muted.

Liverpool 2016 to 2034.

Europa League - 2024.

World Cup - 2034.

Napoli 2034 to 2035
    Serie A - 2035.

PSG
    Ligue 1 -2036.
    Coupe de France - 2036.
    Coupe de Ligue - 2036.
    Champions League - 2036

Barcelona - 2036 to 2039

Europa League - 2037.
    Champions League - 2038.
    Super Cup - 2038.
    All Star Trophy - 2038.

Napoli - 2039 to 2041

Serie A -
    2040, 2041.
    TIM Cup - 2040.
    Supercoppa di Lega - 2040.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern Munich - 2041/2042

After claiming a second league title with Napoli the decision was made to leave the club twelve months early due to the Bayern job coming around once more. I came close to becoming the new Munich boss after leaving Barcelona but opted to move back to Italy however Germany was always in the pipeline such was my 'ambition' to win a treble in each major nation. A dream that has since died down somewhat having failed to land the European Cup with Napoli.

A one year deal agreed and the target was simple. To be crowned Bundesliga champions once more after losing the crown to Bayern Leverkusen last season and to end the clubs ever increasing wait for another European Cup. Not since 2012/13 had Bayern Munich won Europes biggest honor. That said, with the exception of PSG in 2035, the European Cup has lived in the North West and occasionally Spain.

Oof.

Season Summary

After surrendering their league title last season by finishing 3rd, Bayern knew they would start the season having to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League however friendly games against Man United, Real Madrid and Barcelona suggested we wouldn't have a huge amount to worry about.

I made the decision to stick with the squad I invested given I only intended to stick around for twelve months and in truth, I was looking to move away from Europe in the next few seasons anyway.

Leverkusen were no match despite finishing just three points adrift and the Bundesliga title meant the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 all five domestic leagues had been successfully navigated. It was about to get much better though.

The first time in a long time that the club would feature in the premier competitions final but to do so against Liverpool was difficult given the Merseysiders are the record holders with 16 cup wins. A return to the former stamping ground from a club who are finally starting to get things right again after three years without a league title.

Ouch. Sorry lads.

So after starting this save on January 5th, I am now finally ready to leave Europe and rock up in America, China or Australia. Time for the Asian Champions League and some backwater travelling.

Liverpool 2016 to 2034.

Europa League - 2024.

World Cup - 2034.

Napoli 2034 to 2035
    Serie A - 2035.

PSG
    Ligue 1 -2036.
    Coupe de France - 2036.
    Coupe de Ligue - 2036.
    Champions League - 2036

Barcelona - 2036 to 2039

Europa League - 2037.
    Champions League - 2038.
    Super Cup - 2038.
    All Star Trophy - 2038.

Napoli - 2039 to 2041

Serie A -
    2040, 2041.
    TIM Cup - 2040.
    Supercoppa di Lega - 2040.

Bayern Munich - 2041 to 4042

Bundesliga - 2042
    Champions League - 2042

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain to me how to deal with agents that tell me literally nothing about what they want and I get to play the contract guessing games? It's eternally frustrating to suggest something, than they're immediately pissed off and negotiating even slightly downwards results in talks being cut off immediately.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate that, mainly because of the amount of buttons I have to click.