Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 17.65%
  • No

10 58.82%
  • Certain team(s) but not others

4 23.53%

Thread: Do you support other English/British/UK/Irish teams in the Champions/Europa League?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you support other English/British/UK/Irish teams in the Champions/Europa League?

E.g. if you are an Arsenal fan, do you want Man City to win when they play in the Champions League?

Forgot to make votes public, noooo!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did when I was younger (I think), but there is absolutely no point nowadays. All the big 6 teams are predominately foreigners - so you aren't really back English teams/players. I probably supported Spurs recently given they have a fair few English lads, and they aren't really a "big" team.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but I remember 'supporting' Chelsea in 2012 (until the final) because I had been telling a Porko I played football with that 'AVB' was a chancer and this seemed like the best proof.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for the 'big' teams but when someone like Leicester get in I hope they go far.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends, but on the whole yes. There are certain foreign teams that I like for reasons probably related to FM which I'll half-heartedly cheer on, but for the most part I'll back the British side. Man City are an exception at the moment. Also, while I wanted that Irish team to trump Zenit this year, I think that was because of underdog status as opposed to giving a shit about the Irish.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally prefer to see British teams winning (apart from the odd occasion when it's more enjoyable to lol at Arsenal or Man City) but not for any defensible reason other than familiarity. Football rivalries are amongst the most childish things in existence so lol at anyone who goes in for that kind of rubbish, for reference see: Smiffy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last European game I watched was the Real Madrid 4-1 Atletico extra time final, so I don't really cheer anyone on.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind seeing any of the Irish teams doing well in Europe as it's never on the radar so does be a bit of a novelty if they win a game, even Cork City. For the English teams I like seeing Man U and Chelsea do well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. I last enjoyed someone elses fortune in the mid 00s when Fulham and Middlesbrough had their runs.

Otherwise, the sooner they're knocked out the better.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I did, then I moved onto wanting to lol at United's rivals, now I mostly don't care. Though I'd probably support a team of reanimated Nazi ubermensch if they were playing one of Real Madrid or Barcelona these days.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did in the early days when Europe still felt like uncharted territory.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Once I did, then I moved onto wanting to lol at United's rivals, now I mostly don't care. Though I'd probably support a team of reanimated Nazi ubermensch if they were playing one of Real Madrid or Barcelona these days.
    So you're a fan of Bayern Munich then?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support any Mexican team on an international competition. By support I mean I prefer them winning over some South American, not shouting at the TV or wearing their tricot.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was an avid season ticket holder for Torquay United (lol) so I guess I support them by lolling at them every time they lose a match which will eventually get themselves relegated to the South West Devon Premiership league or something similar to that next season.

I do like to see Devonian sides do well in higher EFL leagues though (which is a fucking rarity these days).

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, unless I've got a bet on.

I only want Liverpool to win.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    So you're a fan of Bayern Munich then?
    I'm not even from Munich. Classic racial superiority supporter.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if 1860 Munich fans do tedious small time gags to their Bayern supporting mates, such as 'Oh I bet it's a long trip back to Lower Saxony'.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. The opposite actually. Fuck em all.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope! In saying that I always root for the underdog or if circumstances are wrong in a game I'll vote for the unjust decision team. Lol at that sentence.

Anyone but scum basically.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope all our rivals fail but there have been moments during the occasional match where I've silently rooted for them for one reason or another. Usually a greater dislike for the opponents or because it will benefit Liverpool.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not particularly bothered, but I'll tend to watch UK vs. European matches way more than European vs. European.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hardly support my own team in the Champions League so it's unlikely I'd ever find myself supporting the others.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not overly fussed but it's nice to see English teams win. Don't give a fuck about Scottish teams.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestershofs View Post
    Upon having your supplies, you are ready to prepare your personal Wigs For Black Women
    locks. Before installing the lace wig, you will need to condition and wash your own hair. To maintain your locks healthy and scalp from Wigs For Black Women
    itching, an effective wash and deep conditioner are proposed. Be sure the your hair is completely dried up and moisturized. A trim is also encouraged if you have damaged hair or split ends. One of several primary excellent reasons to Wigs
    put on a lace wig is advertise healthier hair when getting versatility.

Soon after cleaning your hair and carrying out some of the advised head of hair treatment options, you might have 2 options. Some girls choose to wear a skin area Wigs For Sale
    toned wig limit within the lace wig for additional security while others basically brush their head of hair back and then apply. If you want to put on the wig limit make certain that it suits the skin tone. You can braid your hair underneath the cap or simply cover it.

A great idea to generate a more practical looking head is to apply Ace bandage. Ace bandage is definitely a Wigs
    economical athletic bandage for muscle tissue accidents that could be obtained at your community drugstore. It clings to itself so no glue or tape is applied in your head of hair or scalp. The texture of your bandage offers a bumpy look which copies the scalp physical appearance under the lace entrance wig. It just Wigs
    has to be covered round the brain sometimes on the top of an ordinary wig cover or right to the hair. Make sure to cleanse your hair line with rubbing alcohol and let it dried out completely.
    @Lewis.