User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stag Do

I'm due to be part of a Stag Do next summer and the Best Man hasn't got a clue, so he's asked me to help 'because I know travel' and I'm an organised person, so I'll keep everything in order.

The usual places have been mentioned but knowing TTH is a HIVE OF KNOWLEDGE, I wondered where you've been on stag dos, what activities you did and if there's anywhere to avoid like the plague (e.g. Syria, Glasgow)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prague is pretty awesome for Stag Dos. I've also been to one in Berlin. Both were cool, but Prague was by far a better suited city for it.

Slightly depending on the crew, you wanna go somewhere where people actually tend to go for Stag Do's. That might not make sense, but it does - because if you are somewhere where people only moderately frown upon stag groups (there's nowhere where they just openly welcome it I think), you'll have a much easier time getting into clubs and pubs etc.

Berlin, for instance, is so damn precious with their big industrial clubs and places like Berghain where you have to have visible nipple piercing or whatever freaky appearance to get in, oh and basically not be a tourist. So attempting to give the groom a traditionally weird (not berlin weird) outfit would never work for instance.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the darts.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edinburgh during the festival is immense, that's when mine was. There's so fucking much to do.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to Madrid and Amsterdam. Madrid was a lovely city but unsurprisingly Amsterdam was the better one for a stag.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to stag dos in Newquay, Riga (Latvia) and Magaluf. All of them had their pros and cons. Magaluf was cheap because we got an all inclusive 4 night package for £200. Riga was nice - we went on a Saturday and Sunday, but the city totally shut down on the Sunday night so after driving around in a taxi for 30 minutes to various bars and clubs that were all closed, we ended up back at the hotel.

Newquay was good during the day, but it seemed like there were a huge amount of knobheads out at night. Seemed to be fights and people trying to cause trouble everywhere we went.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't recommend Brussels enough if at least a few of the group are into beer.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best man has been pushing for months for Prague so he was extra disappointed when I told him I wasn't having one at all. Seems to be very popular for them though, but I'd say it's mainly because of brassers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prague is brilliant, Kraków gets the nod as well. Both lively cities and very much on the cheap side and decent enough for stag dos. If your not bothered about expense then Amsterdam is the best shout, arguably the most fun one.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amsterdam maybe, but you'd end up chopped up by some iron curtain gang in the other two.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am going to Prague next weekend so will report back on that one for you then.

Have been to Budapest which is cheap, loads of women and strip clubs etc, loads of activities to do but the City is a bit strange there's no main square or street and everything is all spread out. Use Ubers as the normal taxi drivers try and rip you off massively.

Tallin was really good but fairly expensive as they use the Euro. Not a huge amount of bars and clubs but enough for a few days. Few stag do groups there.

Amsterdam is immense but really expensive and could be shitty if half the group are into drugs and the others just want to get pissed.

Kraków is the best place I've been to for a stag. Really cheap (50p a pint), loads of pubs/clubs etc and some really nice restaurants which are really cheap too. Really nice city to be in as well. Of the places I've been id recommend Kraków the most.

Next year I've got a stag do in Ibiza as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    My best man has been pushing for months for Prague so he was extra disappointed when I told him I wasn't having one at all. Seems to be very popular for them though, but I'd say it's mainly because of brassers.

If you're going for the brass it's got to be Budapest. They are everywhere.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amsterdam gets my recommendation. It's mega expensive, ten euro a drink in the main pubs, but there's plenty to do and a great atmosphere about the place.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago and it didn't seem that mega-expensive.

Chance for some decent cultural hiatus amidst all the debauchery as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't be that costly if you were there on a weekend city break, but when you're there for a pure piss up and getting hit for a hundred and twenty euro a round it's mega expensive.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine in London but been to one in Berlin and Stuttgart. My mate picked Stuttgart for the red light district and away from it, it was actually pretty lively. Berlin was good for drinking through the day and London was a good laugh as I ended it in Fabric.

I reckon Bratislava could be a good shout as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We rented a big mansion out in the peak district and went shooting, paintballing, did a brewery tour and then did a MASSIVE night out in Manchester.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to Bratislava on a stag do years ago and it was fairly mega.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are prossies on a stag do a common thing? It's been half heatedly brought up in the past at a stag do, but never followed through with. Choosing the location based on the quality of hookers seems mental to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strippers at the ones I've been at, but not hookers.

One last year had a 'roly-poly gram' which was a fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The groom's dad went to the 'hairdresser' most days in Bratislava.

I wouldn't say it is that common, but then, thinking about it, most of the stag dos I've been on have had at least one deviant that has dabbled.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever theads from my work went to Prague it was always for hookers so I'd imagine a stag would be no different.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the younger LADS spent the fortnight before the Amsterdam trip and the whole journey talking about how he wasn't going near the brass the whole time we were there, only to go into literally the first one we saw.

There are little cottage industries in Amsterdam built around stag dos, which amused me no end. We hired a dwarf dressed as Smurfette to be handcuffed to the groom, which is far funnier in theory than it is when you have to build your night around the whims of an angry dwarf.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If you're going for the brass it's got to be Budapest. They are everywhere.
    I'll let him know for their next work outing. That shit won't be going on during any weekend away for me though. I know most of their Mrs too, and it's the main reason I'm not having one at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There are little cottage industries in Amsterdam built around stag dos, which amused me no end. We hired a dwarf dressed as Smurfette to be handcuffed to the groom, which is far funnier in theory than it is when you have to build your night around the whims of an angry dwarf.
    Yeah we thought about doing that, but after 5 minutes of laughter I imagine it'd just be really awkward.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Are prossies on a stag do a common thing? It's been half heatedly brought up in the past at a stag do, but never followed through with. Choosing the location based on the quality of hookers seems mental to me.
    I kaboshed them on mine because it's just plain weird but my other mate seemed happy enough to be going to Stuttgart. It was grim.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me old fashioned, but having a significant other notwithstanding - I wouldn't go near a prossie even if I was single and hadn't gotten laid in a year. I've ended up in some strip clubs on a few Stag dos before, but they always gave me this dirty feeling of contributing to all the horrible stuff behind the scenes that surround that stuff, something like pouring oil into a pristine lake would feel, but 10x worse. In Berlin for instance a mate of mine had ended up chatting (classic) to a stripper instead of the supposed lapdance he was gonna get, and her story ended up being quite grim (huge debts, asshole boyfriend or some such, came from Ukraine and tried to pay back the money, hated stripping and, presumably other things...but didn't have any other options left now).

I'm sure many times it's quite harmless in the pricier and classier establishments in maybe the westernmost parts of Europe (maybe), where strippers can actually make an absolute shitload and may not have to go out back to shag some 60-year-old for 60 EURO. I also think that the US has a more established and at least slightly less seedy culture around strip clubs, but I don't actually know.

Nowadays if the idea comes up at a Stag do I just tell people to get on with it, but that I'll go do something else, which as it turns out, usually seems to make most people relieved and just want to tag along doing something else.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if I was single I couldn't pay for meaningless sex.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was roughly what you and your wife's relationship was.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get any sex whether it's meaningful, meaningless, paid or unpaid so you're completely wrong. In fact I'm paying for everything else except that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    . In Berlin for instance a mate of mine had ended up chatting (classic) to a stripper instead of the supposed lapdance he was gonna get, and her story ended up being quite grim (huge debts, asshole boyfriend or some such, came from Ukraine and tried to pay back the money, hated stripping and, presumably other things...but didn't have any other options left now).
    Next thing I knew, he said he was moderating her chat room and flew out there to see her.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Latvia, my mates younger brother spent an hour talking to a stripper and ended up buying a dance off her and tipping her £50. He asked for her number afterwards

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kiko hehe yeah, I was expecting that one
    @SvN LOL did he get it?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know someone who ended up taking a stripper to a Michelin star restaurant and shopping in London.

There was a fancy dress element and the stag went as a Somali pirate. Blacked up, fake Ak-47, bullet belt and all, on the tube and then South London. What could possibly go wrong?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. She said she wasn't allowed to give it out. But he got mocked a fair bit. The "I'm in love with a stripper" song (which I'd never heard of before) was very much the theme song of the entire stag do.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what the fuck did he expect. Hah.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no fucking idea. We were only in the country for 3 days, and this was the last night. He was only about 19 though and don't think he'd ever had much luck with the ladies #betalife.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was single I'd pay a small amount to knock about with a prossie. Some of them are pretty good looking tbf.

Strip club is a cornerstone of most stag do/lads hols isn't it? Think I've been to one in every one of the above I've been on. Ibiza was the finest I've found for such debuchery.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help me out with some stag do ideas. I've got to organise one. It's just going to be in London as the groom doesn't want to ask people to pay loads to go away somewhere and all that. He's so laid back he's basically just talking about going to the pub and a nice restaurant.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if London is cheaper than Budapest or something.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that most of the people going already live there then yeah, it is.

It's also less hassle and commitment to ask people to come along for the day rather than a whole weekend away somewhere.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds so much better than the Prague fuckwittery that mine had been pushing for.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be decent and none of us are really into 'fuckwittery' but I'm a little worried it'll just end up a bit like doing stuff you could do any weekend.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a cracking Owl Sanctuary.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet it's a hoot.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    It should be decent and none of us are really into 'fuckwittery' but I'm a little worried it'll just end up a bit like doing stuff you could do any weekend.
    With a different crowd of people though presumably? Or at least getting the crowd all together when they ordinarily wouldn't be. That's the main thing, not what you actually do.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frisbee golf.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this your cousin? He doesn't hang about.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is this your cousin? He doesn't hang about.
    Ha, no. That engagement is over.