User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH WEREWOLF House of Cards - The Rise of Burnham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. Well I have no response to that because really I did it because I didn't understand what I was supposed to do. It was a mistake on my part, whether you take it to mean either stupidity or guilt is just personal opinion.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    Let's run with Maz not being Burnham, hence the no night kill. Which leaves us with Burnham amongst THE FIVE. Considering everyone opposed the idea of 7om being Burnham, this really leaves it between Vim and Niko (Browning seems safe to me due to Maz nominating him when he could have nominated me or 7om). Considering Vim had 5 voters, one or two of whom possibly being wolves, should that exempt him from being Burnham? This naturally leaves Niko, who I'll be honest has come across as very helpful and truthful, but at the same time Mahow's logic does make sense. Hmm.
    No night kill doesn't mean Maz wasn't Burnham. He didn't vote for himself (the lynchee) so they didn't get a night kill.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume nominations are open until Monday sometime?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    No night kill doesn't mean Maz wasn't Burnham. He didn't vote for himself (the lynchee) so they didn't get a night kill.
    I think I was going off the fact that if he was Burnham he would have voted for himself to ensure they'd get the night kill.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily. The vote was fairly close so he did have some hope Vim would die in his place. Really we don't know if he was Butnham or not.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vote was close, but the die was cast, he was clearly going to die when Toby went on to him.

I was thinking that the write up would have had a more Burnhamy feel to it had he been said scouser, but I guess first time we knew because of the way Jimmy voted and the night kill, not the story. Might have to go back and re-read.

I am genuinely surprised Maz turned out to be a wolf. I thought his actions were way too mad for that. In that regard I suppose he played it well.

If it is the case that he wasn't Burnham, then that is confounding on a number of levels. I really didn't think they would put two wolves in the winning vote boat considering what was going to be the strategy on the following turn - ie only nominate potential Burnhams. Having more than one wolf in the Hammer voters doubled (or increased by a factor of the number of wolves) the odds of the next phase going badly, as it seems to have.

Maz was online late enough to realise a double wasn't going to happen without outside assistance, which wasn't going to be forthcoming. He could have voted for himself. There would have been no downside to doing it if he were Burnham. I was watching the last few minutes very closely, as was Browning and, also apparently Vim, although I didn't notice him in the also viewing this thread bit until after the deadline. Now, if I were Burnham, I would have tried to double Vim out. I don't think I will necessarily survive this round, so that would have killed an innocent (?) and given a night kill (this would be assuming the wolves hadn't been even more insane and stuck 3 in the Hammer votes). The other two watching had the choice as well. If Browning was Burnham he could have done it, but that would have outed him and he has been under little pressure, so I doubt he would risk it. If Vim was, he couldn't, because he would have to have killed himself to make it work, which would be a bit of a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up and lolled at this:

Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I really thought you were going to drop the double then, Browning. Seeing as we were both watching this thread like a hawk, it would have made sense for either of us to have tried the double, if we were Burnham.
    Talk about trying to mould perceptions.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting him to do it (assuming both Maz and Vim to be likely innocents). 2 dead, and a night kill to biff Corbyn would have put the wolves in a strong position.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate niko_cee (second nomination, first nomination by Mahow)

I followed Mahow in on the nomination of Mazuurk last round and it paid off so fully willing to follow his theory on this one too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back at Jimmy's death, the prefaced bit about Andy made it clear he was Burnham. So, absent that this time, it would appear Burnham is still at large among the 5 remaining Burnhams, which would fit with Maz not voting for himself. I am happy to abide by the same plan again (ie not voting for the lynched person), and you can choose to kill me if you wish (if you think it is better to have a landslide candidate) although you should be aware that when you kill me, Corbyn will be vulnerable. Now, if Burnham is still in our midst (our being the 5 remaining Hammer voters) then he will have to choose to out himself to kill Corbyn tomorrow. Cameron should be able to abate that, but who knows what he would do.

Now, ideally I'd prefer not to be biffed, as I'd rather kill Burnham in the next phase, as opposed to simply being the bait to draw him out, But who to suggest?

I reiterate, if I were Burnham, I would have chanced a late vote on Vim to kill him and get a night kill.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ermmm...

Is this it?

One nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by The Merse
    It is day, nominations are open until midnight, voting across all of Sunday up until 9pm.
    Fuck it. Get the nominations in in time for Monday then...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, totally didn't notice that. I assumed they would be open until 3pm today. You could probably still do a normal 3pm/9pm schedule, although things are slow with it being a weekend.

Or you could just kill me to punish the town for being feckless idiots.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, this is a long shot considering it will need 8 other people to do something, but if we believe Burnham is sill at large amidst the 5 remaining Hammer voters, I suggest we put them all up for nomination and then repeat the draw out Burnham vote process. For this it would be better if the town had a clear target so we can vote the other way (and not abstain as that does feel a bit cheaty). I don't mind being the person people vote for, although if you could pay attention and try to save me if one of the other Hammer voters (ie Burnham) does try to get on board for a night kill, I would appreciate it. Worst case scenario you kill a vanilla villager and deny the wolves another night kill - which is more investigations for Murdoch and Jezza.

To this end, of the other potential candidates, I find it odd that Burnham didn't try to make it a double. Browning was online and could have done it, as was Vim, apparently, and so was I. Of those three only Vim had an obvious motivation not do do it, ie he is Burnham, there would be no point in killing himself in the double to get a night kill. I think the motivation for me to try it would have been strong as it seemed likely I would be in jeopardy in today's voting phase. Of course, the reason it wasn't attempted could also be because Burnham wasn't online to do it. Which would have been negligence in the extreme but that's the way they seem to be playing it.

I nominate Vim (first nomination)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vim really isn't a wolf. I just can't see it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, I do think we need to lump on Niko and have the FIVE vote the other way

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate vim (2nd nomination)

We need some more people up. I thought vim was Burnham in the last round of voting and I've not seen anything to make me change my mind since.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise there were people still in the game who've actually posted less than me. What's the score on this front, are we focussing our efforts around the Six or is it worth nominating some of my comrades in inactivity to see if they squeak when we poke them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To this end, of the other potential candidates, I find it odd that Burnham didn't try to make it a double. Browning was online and could have done it, as was Vim, apparently, and so was I. Of those three only Vim had an obvious motivation not do do it, ie he is Burnham, there would be no point in killing himself in the double to get a night kill. I think the motivation for me to try it would have been strong as it seemed likely I would be in jeopardy in today's voting phase. Of course, the reason it wasn't attempted could also be because Burnham wasn't online to do it. Which would have been negligence in the extreme but that's the way they seem to be playing it.

I nominate Vim (first nomination)
    I think that there is a pretty big flaw with your argument there. If I were Burnham, I would have just voted Maz early on in the voting round, justifying it by saying that it makes it less likely that I die. If I were Burnham, not voting for Maz (not voting at all actually) would be a big waste of a night kill, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then we would know you are Burnham.

Burnham didn't vote. They did waste a night kill. My point was Burnham could have taken another person down by using the double. He would then be out, but would be able to vote for himself tomorrow (today) and maximize their night killing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to ruin the spirit of the game or anything, but it's pretty obvious Matt's a wolf. Are we just pretending we don't know or what? Or is it actually only me that's realised it?

What's the case against niko, exactly?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I don't want to ruin the spirit of the game or anything, but it's pretty obvious Matt's a wolf. Are we just pretending we don't know or what? Or is it actually only me that's realised it?
    Care to elaborate? He's pretty much passed me by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then we would know you are Burnham.
    I don't understand this. How would people suspect I'm Burnham if I vote for the only candidate other than me that has a chance of being lynched?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know what SvN is alluding to but at least in my game and possibly others there have been examples which would contradict it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to have missed it SvN.

edit: I think I might have got it too, actually.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the Matt thing. Someone explain.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also lost with Matt.

Being cryptic doesn't help..

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume he means he thinks Magic would have just been modkilled or ignored if he didn't have a role and wanted out. I don't think this is necessarily the case. I made a change for a non-role and I don't see why you wouldn't if you had a replacement available.

Even if it does mean he has a role it also doesn't necessarily make him a wolf, does it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a comments outside the game-thread issue, I assume. Magic had a post elsewhere after he was removed. Unless there's something else I've missed, in which case SvN should expand, but it would be a shame to target Matt based purely on that.

I'm more interested in him and Igor's inhibitions about actually contributing to the game at all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Magic moaned like a little bitch, was replaced (would you replace a villager?) and hasn't posted once since taking over from Magic.

Edit: And the out of thread comments that Toby alludes to.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced a villager. The wolves immediately killed the replacement.

Am I the only one who's ever bothered?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I'm sure that's happened a few times before, I don't see any reason to be suspicious of that at least.

I would say at this point, there's no harm in voting to get rid of Matt or Igor as they're doing absolutely nothing. To save it being a timewasting kill, we have the five potential Burnhams vote for whoever we decide to lynch, and split everybody else's votes out evenly. Then we can know for sure if Maz was Burnham or we just got lucky with another wolf.

Is it 18 still left in? If so we'd need five nominees for that plan to work.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works for me.

I nominate Matt (first nomination.)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually quite unsure of Niko being a wolf now. Cast your mind back to when he and Maz nominated Jimmy. Would two wolves really run the risk of associating themselves with each other as well as with fellow wolf Jimmy? One, sure, but not two of them. Too much risk for not that much gain. This makes me think that if Maz wasn't Burnham then it has to be either Vim or wait for it, 7om.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Maz was a regular wolf rather than Burnham.

That said, let's just do this:

I nominate Matt (second nomination)

When does voting start?

I'm actually quite unsure of Niko being a wolf now. Cast your mind back to when he and Maz nominated Jimmy. Would two wolves really run the risk of associating themselves with each other as well as with fellow wolf Jimmy? One, sure, but not two of them. Too much risk for not that much gain. This makes me think that if Maz wasn't Burnham then it has to be either Vim or wait for it, 7om.
    I've highlighted why it would not make sense for me to be Burnham.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate 7om (first nomination.)

Going to give it another go. He said he knew he was voting late for Hammer and still voted for Hammer. Stated that he was ensuring the prevention of a double lynch, but anyone who would have caused the double would have just been killed the following day. Niko gets off for nominating Jimmy alongside Maz, awfully risky ploy to pull off. Browning gets off for being nominated by Maz. Vim is already up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    If I were Burnham, not voting for Maz (not voting at all actually) would be a big waste of a night kill, in my opinion.
    But voting for him and getting a night kill would just confirm to everyone that you were Burnham as you'd be the only one of THE SIX who had voted for the winner. As it is, this turn you're just part of THE FIVE rather than THE ONE.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't prescriptive because as Toby mentioned, it was an out-of-thread thing - but I reckon Magic gave it away, really. If Matt was contributing then it would be harsh, but as is, I can't see the harm in getting rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But voting for him and getting a night kill would just confirm to everyone that you were Burnham as you'd be the only one of THE SIX who had voted for the winner. As it is, this turn you're just part of THE FIVE rather than THE ONE.
    Ah yes I see that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Matt is a wolf then the game is a bit busted. He's probably Sturgeon and Magic was trolling whoever saw whatever it was.

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There hasn't been much contribution required. We've had a set nominating/voting strategy each round.that along with a busy month end at work and a busy weekend at home have led to a lack of activity.

If you have any questions you want answering let me know and once the kids are in bed I'll try and answer them.

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nine posts is still very few. Have you had no opinions on anything at all?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, 90% of posts in this thread have been explaining to Vim how the Burnham voting to get a night kill mechanism works.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Nine posts is still very few. Have you had no opinions on anything at all?
    Out of the 6 potential Burnhams in the last round I thought Vim was the strongest candidate and nominated and voted for him. Now that group is down to 5 I still think is the most likely to be Burnham and so have again nominated him.

The quite structured, methodical way the game is being played doesn't lend itself to wild speculation and opinion. If we do carry on down this route, once this Burnham has been found and we open the net again there are a couple of people I think are playing the game in a very different manner to what they usually do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's three nominated with 7om not yet seconded. If we're going with the plan to figure out if we still have a Burnham in the game, we need five up for the vote (in theory, we probably won't since we've not yet had a round where everybody actually voted).

In the interests of having another name up there, and because it annoys me that he's literally done nothing so far:

I nominate igor balis (first nomination)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate 7om (Second nomination. 1st Nomination by P_3)

We need names on the ballot. It pretty much comes down to that. There's slightly more reasoning for him being there than Igor. I've not really been following the thread over the last couple of days due to being busy but I should be able to catch up properly now. Toby says we need names in order to prove there's no Burnham left (well, obviously there's one SOMEWHERE, but I assume he means in THE FIVE (formerly known as THE SIX) so in the interest of clearing any suspicion from me (as I'm still on the list) let's get some people up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I make it Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om up for the vote. Should we have opened them by now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah was meant to open at 3pm. Feels like a lot of people have lost interest though. Fuck know's who to vote for out of those four but I'm assuming any strategy is out the window at this point.