Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
If it hasn't already been said do not under any circumstances bother going up the Statue of Liberty. It's shit and pointless.
And booked up until July. Right, so I'll get back, have time to do the MoMA whilst it's free.
@Josh I'm looking to do:

- Financial District (WTC, Occulus, Wall Street, Federal Hall) and can probably sneak in the One World whilst I'm there. It's a cheaper Observatory than Top of the Rock but if I miss a view I can get one at ground level from Brooklyn Bridge or something.
- Guggenheim is free Saturday evening so I can take a wander around there. New York's got too much art for me to be bothered by most of it but at least this has a building to gawp at.
- Grand Central. I'm a sucker for big stations.
- I've got a couple of things to get me out of Manhattan. The Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria and the Transit Museum in Brooklyn. Might get out to Flushing for the Hall of Science and Flushing Meadows.
- Oh, the Intrepid. It's a bit of a walk from the nearest subway but it's my option for looking at planes and stuff. And I like the idea of being on a massive carrier.

I've listed stuff out in an email to myself with nearest subways and streets. Might actually make my way down to South Street Seaport and gawp at the old boat. Fraunces Tavern might be an idea as well.