User Tag List

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Willian for Mahrez and Vardy for Morata for me. Tah for Sule too.
    I have Vardy in the squad I will have to give him a go, enjoying Morata right now though. I went for IF Mahrez so will come compare him to Willian and see.

Is the pace that much of an improvement there? Might have to look at that, he does feel a bit sluggish at times. Might get Tah into the rotation and see

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Thinking of going from this:

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/929508

To this:

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/929472

I'm not liking my second team all that much (although Kimmich and Fahrmann are brilliant) so thinking about this to get them into the first team.

Ideally Walker will get an IF sharpish and I can sell him and bring in IF Valencia.
    Is the keeper that good? Better than Leno? or have you not tried the latter? I got him for about 8k and he seems solid so far. 68K for that Kimmich seems like a steal.

I think I will end the week in Gold 3, which for getting the game Friday doest seem too bad.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to trying my scream players. Kovacic has been great with just the +1 overall boost, his shooting and positioning being far better, so the further +6 should be very fun. Forster is in goal in place of Ederson and Bender on the bench.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have Vardy in the squad I will have to give him a go, enjoying Morata right now though. I went for IF Mahrez so will come compare him to Willian and see.

Is the pace that much of an improvement there? Might have to look at that, he does feel a bit sluggish at times. Might get Tah into the rotation and see

Is the keeper that good? Better than Leno? or have you not tried the latter? I got him for about 8k and he seems solid so far. 68K for that Kimmich seems like a steal.

I think I will end the week in Gold 3, which for getting the game Friday doest seem too bad.
    I haven't tried Leno but Fahrmann is probably the best keeper I've tried thus far.

If he had the long throw trait he'd be perfect. He's made so many mental saves.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.

Deulofeu's normal scream version has scored 35 and assisted 19 for me in 25 games, so I'm guessing the boosted one is going to be unplayable.

Got Kovacic like yourself to have a go with, plus Boateng from the bench.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boosted Deulofeu scores after 1 minute and 40 second of my first game with him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scream Forster and Kovacic are monsters. The former has made me realise I really need a top class keeper in that team to replace Ederson. Kovacic has 4 goals in two starts and a sub appearance from CM.

13-5 so far this weekend. Elite 3 would be one if I could stop the inevitable deterioration of my game later tonight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent 40k on a 90 rated Sturridge scream card. Better be worth it.

Should've known there was a catch with it. Only 90 rated till tuesday. Back on the transfer list.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Spent 40k on a 90 rated Sturridge scream card. Better be worth it.

Should've known there was a catch with it. Only 90 rated till tuesday. Back on the transfer list.
    They’ll also be upgraded at other points during the year but EA haven’t yet share that schedule.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I made a FUT account for the first time ever, go through the first 2 CPU exhibition games, then try to play a seasons match (in Div 10!) with a bunch of 60-something players and immediately get matched up against a dude with mid 80's in every position. Got hammered 7-0. Obviously I fucked up along the road to get myself into this position but what exactly am I supposed to do

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now playing squad battles on world class difficulty. First game i lost but wince then, ive won game straight scoring at least three goals in all those games. I find being patient is key to scoring goals. I pass from left wing across the midfield to right wing until i see an opeining.

Won IF mahrez from rewards which i immedialty sold.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Elite 3 and together with my Icon edition packs and some from the Marquee Matchups, pulled the worst set of rewards ever. Paulinho was the best player I pulled from 13 packs and not even a billboard in sight. The Loan IF trolling continued too, with some random Swedish striker.

Guess the luck on my account has well and truly been stopped.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how does the featured squad battle game work? I've only ever played it on semi-pro (to be 100% sure of winning), but I only ever get the guaranteed 1,600 points and nothing for goals scored etc.

Are the bonus points all you get whether you win or lose? If so, I might as well play on Ultimate difficulty, get smashed, but claim the 2,000 reward.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perisic might be my favourite card ever. Might have to play him through the middle so I can try IF El Shar.

Marchisio and Pjanic are so good. Have been trying Khedira in the middle of the two but his High/High is absolutely fucking me - prick is always never there to stop counter attacks. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Also, how does the featured squad battle game work? I've only ever played it on semi-pro (to be 100% sure of winning), but I only ever get the guaranteed 1,600 points and nothing for goals scored etc.

Are the bonus points all you get whether you win or lose? If so, I might as well play on Ultimate difficulty, get smashed, but claim the 2,000 reward.
    You get 1600 for playing on semi pro? I get 1000 on pofessional. Are you sure that difficutly and points are correct?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Perisic might be my favourite card ever. Might have to play him through the middle so I can try IF El Shar.

Marchisio and Pjanic are so good. Have been trying Khedira in the middle of the two but his High/High is absolutely fucking me - prick is always never there to stop counter attacks. Any ideas?
    Put him as stand on each of box for crossing and stay back while attacking. If your formation has him as CM. I notice they still go forward a little. If you want him to stay back at all times, he beeds to be CDM

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Higuain from one of my packs today.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be time for you to cash-out on those coins your giving

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    You get 1600 for playing on semi pro? I get 1000 on pofessional. Are you sure that difficutly and points are correct?
    1,600 on semi-pro for the featured squad battle (the one where you face a pro's team). I play on professional as a minimum for all other squad battle games.

Basically, do you get the bonus points whether you win or lose?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a screenshot showing the 1,700 points for professional difficulty (albeit it doesn't show the difficulty).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,600 on semi-pro for the featured squad battle (the one where you face a pro's team). I play on professional as a minimum for all other squad battle games.

Basically, do you get the bonus points whether you win or lose?
    OK i understand. I had some weird man with a moustache on mine. You should get bonus points regardless of outcome. Losing 3-2 on world class is probably better than winning 4-0 on professional.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's an old picture from Google images.

Thing is, I only ever get the bonus points and nothing for scoring goals etc. (as per a normal squad battle). Does everyone else?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's an old picture from Google images.

Thing is, I only ever get the bonus points and nothing for scoring goals etc. (as per a normal squad battle). Does everyone else?
    When it first came out, im 99% sure you get bonuses points. It may have been patched though as it sounds like it rewards losing on a higher difficulty somewhat.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put him as stand on each of box for crossing and stay back while attacking. If your formation has him as CM. I notice they still go forward a little. If you want him to stay back at all times, he beeds to be CDM
    Might just have to change formation from 4321 to the 433 with a sitting midfielder then. The difference with RF/LF and WF/LW is so noticeable though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Might just have to change formation from 4321 to the 433 with a sitting midfielder then. The difference with RF/LF and WF/LW is so noticeable though.
    What is the difference? Ive yet to use the 433 with the LF and RF. I hear its one of the best formations in the game. I dont use a CDM anymore. Just two CM, both not going forward.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's miles better as the wide players as forwards get in far more threatening positions.

You probably lose a bit from crossing opportunities, but I have my full backs set to bomb on to mitigate that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packed Cazorla and Slimani (for the 3rd time) from the Squad Battles pack. None of them are an improvement.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's miles better as the wide players as forwards get in far more threatening positions.

You probably lose a bit from crossing opportunities, but I have my full backs set to bomb on to mitigate that.
    I don’t really cross at all. I have my full backs to stay back to cover my midfield who are never in position to defend. Plus, I always play with a midget up front as I’m so much better with agile forwards with 4* skill moves. (Muriel or Gomez)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still get plenty of chances to cross in a 4-3-2-1, trust me.

It's where I get most of my goals.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right Mahow, you sexy bastard.

When you've played the featured squad battle game and lost, did you still get the bonus points?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't bother risking it in the end and played on professional, winning 2-1 for the 1,700 points. Just played the shittest team of the four on World Class and cuffed them 5-2 (Scream Deulofeu is going to take some beating as my favourite player in this version - now 42 in 28 games for him) to get another 1,836 points.

I'm gunning for Elite 2 this time round and I think I'm going to need to average 1,300ppg to make it, which will need a fair number of World Class difficulty wins in there and probably next to no fuck ups on the professional games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and did the Scream returns and pulled Kuivert jnr, which is a bit shit, but I'm slowly building up a special team of Dutchies/Dutch League players without really trying as a result.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scream Boateng and the Bender brothers are amazing.

I love this game but defending is pointless. I’d feel confident scoring and conceding 3+ every game with a bronze squad.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Scream Boateng in my current squad and (even boosted) I'm not a massive fan. He's so immobile, albeit I have a Hunter on him rather than a chemistry card that would actually help with that like an Engine.

Current squad stats:

Not sure Goretzka and SIF Kimmich are offering as much as their 200k+ cost denotes they should, so may have a play with other options on that front tonight. Strangely tempted by Kroos - no idea how is stats make him a 90 rated player, but he's nowhere near as sluggish as his pace suggests and I absolutely love 5 star weak foot players.

Straight race between Williams and Ben Yedder for first player to get 100 goals this season, with both in separate squads.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t touch him if he didn’t have 4* skills but they make him so much more useful. Scream Deulofeu is utterly bonkers too. Sheeeeesh

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished on 7,413 and firmly in Gold 1 for the squad battles (including 2 wins on World Class), which was nice.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some terrible spreadsheeting there. Surely the player name and the type (SIF/Scream) should be a 'type' or something

Didn't you have a trillion coins or something? I thought your plan was to get Shearer and make some kinda England 90s/Golden Generation thing?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sat on over two million coins, but am too tight fisted to spend any on players where the prices are hugely inflated, Shearer being one of those.

And don't knock the spreadsheet, it's perfectly sufficient.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the first 4 games in Elite 3. Three big wins on Legendary and one on Professional (the warm up).

Taking on the challenge team now on World Class.

edit: 2-1 win. Not pretty but christ that team. Up to Elite 2.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Ben Yedder stats on Yev's spreadsheet.

His IF was bananas for me last year but he wasn't close to that sort of assist rate.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the 4-2-3-1 this year coupled with through balls.

My OTW Lukaku is on 89 goals and 64 assists in 94 games.

Not as good as Yev's Ben Yedder but it never feels as if he's getting as much as he is.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see there's been an update. I can only imagine what that's done to the match engine.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Marquee matchups. Danes are going for crazy prices.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After getting zero predictions correct for this week. Looking at the marquee matchups for the week of 31st October. Full on this ting. Bold are my predictions again. Premier teams have already featured so i dont feel they will come up again back-to-back

Dortmund vs Bayern
    River Plate vs Boca
    Man City vs Arsenal
    Middlesbrough vs Sunderland
    Guadalaja vs Atlas
    Chelsea vs Man Utd
    ADO Den Haag vs Feyenoord
    Genoa vs Sampdoria
    Got three out of four with germany, Argentina and italy correct. Some danish game being the other. Ive learned that silver defenders, especially CB are your friend.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one game after this patch but I hate it.

Game seems so much slower, through balls are wank and each of my players have the first touch of a necrophiliac.

They always seem to go too far in their changes. The last one was fine as it was actually enjoyable to play.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it much harder as a result?

I've started so well on Squad Battles, so I'll be trying it out on a totw/seasons game before jeopardising that.

Oh and domestic Danes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 Danes sold for 50k net of tax. Okore and Kusk went for 10k each.

I suspect there are too many coins in the economy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it much harder as a result?

I've started so well on Squad Battles, so I'll be trying it out on a totw/seasons game before jeopardising that.

Oh and domestic Danes.
    I got beaten 3-2 which isn't that bad of a result but I never actually felt like I would win it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent found it too bad except for one game where the EAids were real. It wouldnt have been so bad it if I was on sweaty legendary but it was only world class. Players felt sluggish and unresponsive. Ended up losing 1-0

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played one game so far, winning 4-0 against the totw on professional.

It might feel a bit slower, albeit I may be saying that because Mahow put the idea in my head. Doesn't seem too bad otherwise in fairness though, but I'll reserve full judgement until I've played a few games at the higher difficulty.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An IF Smolov is appearing in a lot of the TOTW predictions.