User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shit's Going Down in Vegas.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a live demonstration on how misinformation carries.

Meanwhile, here's a quality series of tweets.

and on the other side of the dumbass tree. This guy,

Who wants to tell him he, infact, did do that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Warmest condolences" just doesn't sound right.

They have to be heartfelt, or perhaps deepest.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very obviously a bad joke.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's comments?

In all seriousness, he's the kind of crackpot they need to actually do something about this (this being the proliferation of serious weaponry/the second amendment). He won't, but it'd be awesome if he did. Total liberal mindfuck. It might take some sort of direct/personal involvement to rile him sufficiently. Maybe someone shoot Barron.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone close to him was shot he'd be more likely to have the offender beaten to death with Posse Comitatus than to address the wider issue.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's talking about my second screen cap. It's not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True.

Also true.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing earlier, if a school full of dead kids wasn't enough to get something done then where do you go from there? Is there even a rival organisation to the NRA?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For every Sandy there will be an Orlando which some will agree with.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with the above. There is literally nothing that could happen that could make America decide that liberal access to guns is a bad idea. It doesn't matter how many of these type of events occur.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the most intelectually dishonest thing going that whole, "Can't you wait one day? Don't politicize this event." takes. Can you politicize the one that happened a month or so back instead then?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably still worth adhering to as a way of weeding out the immediate shit 'takes'.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is worth adhering to because moralizing to gun owners doesn't work and stops any progress. Gun deaths are roughly equivalent to automobile deaths and the mean gun death is a suicide. Gun owners don't tie their gun to a mass shooting any more than a driver does to a horrific car accident. Nobody thinks "I was driving today. That increased traffic on the road and contributed to the accident."

It just stops conversation and turns it into debate. And we don't have honest political debates about anything in the US. Sadly, gun control does work here. How do we know? If this turns out to be a fully automatic weapon, then it will be the fourth crime of any type involving an automatic weapon since 1934.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Shares in gun companies rose between 1-2% in the first few minutes of trading on Monday, just hours after the Las Vegas massacre.

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, told the BBC that shares in gun manufacturers tended to rise after events like these because "investors believe there will be a rush to purchase guns before new gun control regulations are put into place”.
    If we needed any more evidence that America is fucked.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the battle you have to face. Gun control only happens in the US if the consumers (because it's a consumable product) don't rush to buy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    "Warmest condolences" just doesn't sound right.

They have to be heartfelt, or perhaps deepest.
    I was thinking about this earlier when I saw his comment on Twitter, absolutely bizarre wording. The fucking exclamation mark on "God bless you!" too, perhaps I'm being pedantic here, but it's just not appropriate, tonally, is it? Why not just thrown a fucking sad face emoji on the end for good measure. Jesus.

His tweets always come across this way. Even on the off chance that the actual content of them isn't complete shit, they just never strike you as "presidential" in any way, shape or form. The entire White House press team must be fucking desperate to wrestle control of the Twitter account away from him, but presumably nobody dares try.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    It is worth adhering to because moralizing to gun owners doesn't work and stops any progress. Gun deaths are roughly equivalent to automobile deaths and the mean gun death is a suicide. Gun owners don't tie their gun to a mass shooting any more than a driver does to a horrific car accident. Nobody thinks "I was driving today. That increased traffic on the road and contributed to the accident."

It just stops conversation and turns it into debate. And we don't have honest political debates about anything in the US. Sadly, gun control does work here. How do we know? If this turns out to be a fully automatic weapon, then it will be the fourth crime of any type involving an automatic weapon since 1934.
    Yes but cars have much convenience. Guns don't have any. Shite argument.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier when I saw his comment on Twitter, absolutely bizarre wording. The fucking exclamation mark on "God bless you!" too, perhaps I'm being pedantic here, but it's just not appropriate, tonally, is it? Why not just thrown a fucking sad face emoji on the end for good measure. Jesus.

His tweets always come across this way. Even on the off chance that the actual content of them isn't complete shit, they just never strike you as "presidential" in any way, shape or form. The entire White House press team must be fucking desperate to wrestle control of the Twitter account away from him, but presumably nobody dares try.
    He's a classless cunt.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cars can fuck off too.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikes only.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car argument might just be the worst argument ever conceived on anything, ever.

Although I note that Henners isn't rushing to the defence of/to use it in this thread.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Bikes only.
    Thinking of thousands of leather-clad Americans or, even worse, spandex-clad Americans going around their bikes almost makes me reconsider.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count me in.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Thinking of thousands of leather-clad Americans or, even worse, spandex-clad Americans going around their bikes almost makes me reconsider.
    Maybe you wouldn't be such fat disgusting cunts.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying cars kill more people, blah blah. I'm simply saying people have a hard time connecting something they use without incident to a larger problem.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really so easy to inflict mass casualties if you put your mind to it, it's a stroke of luck ISIS has been as consistently incompetent as they are.

Sad day for America. The number of people on social media (including an executive at CBS with a degree from Columbia Law School who was promptly fired) seemingly triumphant at the deaths of what they assume to be Trump supporters, is really sickening.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    It's really so easy to inflict mass casualties if you put your mind to it, it's a stroke of luck ISIS has been as consistently incompetent as they are.

Sad day for America. The number of people on social media (including an executive at CBS with a degree from Columbia Law School who was promptly fired) seemingly triumphant at the deaths of what they assume to be Trump supporters, is really sickening.
    Yes, it's the very tiny minority of fuckheads offering no sympathy that is the real tragedy here.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying cars kill more people, blah blah. I'm simply saying people have a hard time connecting something they use without incident to a larger problem.
    It's a lethal weapon for Christ sake.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument? If the wider problem is mental illness, then wouldn't it be a good idea not to give mental people such easy access to weapons?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between a car and a gun, or people and a gun, or mental illness and a gun, is that a gun is literally designed to kill people. Its only purpose is to kill people. If it didn't kill people, it would not exist - and the only reason to own any kind of gun is to be able to kill people (or animals) if necessary.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gombine haircut from American Armed Radio or somesuch (!!!) they had on Channel 4 news yesterday was top notch. You had Krishnan Guru-Murthy flailing away with all the classic lines, and this thousand yard stare just coming back with the daftest shit imaginable.

Sir, it is already illegal to kill someone with a gun!

In many ways I respect his shit happens perspective (even though it wasn't really) as there is no (honest) argument in favour of the status quo that doesn't end up there.

Couldn't even roll out the gun free zone defence, unless everyone is now to be armed with sniper rifles or bazookas to return fire in this situation (would be awesome).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    The car argument might just be the worst argument ever conceived on anything, ever.

Although I note that Henners isn't rushing to the defence of/to use it in this thread.
    Because we don't have people deciding that we should abandon our civil liberties that I have to respond to.

And no, owning machine guns isn't a civil liberty.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worked this out - adjusted for population, just this event is worth 50% of the UK's annual gun murder rate.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Because we don't have people deciding that we should abandon our civil liberties that I have to respond to.

And no, owning machine guns isn't a civil liberty.
    You don't think it is (and neither do I), but lots of Americans do, so it's hardly a conclusion that can be reached objectively.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Swimmingpool defence is my favourite. BAN POOLS SO PEOPLE DON’T DROWN!!!1. How they fail to grasp that murder is the main reason that one of the items exists in the first place is beyond me.

But that’s enough about Barrymore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like isn't the right word, but it is interesting to look at that US mass shootings archive thing. I see some drop kick killed 8 people and then was shot by police on 10th September. Didn't hear a word about it. In any other civilsed nation that would be quite a big deal.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Like isn't the right word, but it is interesting to look at that US mass shootings archive thing. I see some drop kick killed 8 people and then was shot by police on 10th September. Didn't hear a word about it. In any other civilsed nation that would be quite a big deal.
    What's a 'drop kick'?

EDIT: Assuming it isn't the wrestling move.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussie slang for loser isn’t it?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    It's really so easy to inflict mass casualties if you put your mind to it.
    These things could always be worse, though. Police response, how quick the crowd is to disperse, etc. And then you get situations like Randy Stair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_W...rkets_shooting

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, gun control doesn't actually lower gun crime rates per statistics:

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/...e-gun-control/

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her advice? Instead of focusing on feelgood policies that won’t do much of anything to reduce gun violence or on massively heavy-handed policies like confiscation, which have zero chance of passing, instead consider policies that will address the social pathologies that drive the three most common forms of gun homicides — suicide, gang violence, and domestic violence.

PMSL. So instead of doing something really simple like having GUN CONTROL she thinks the best method is to focus on gangs (impossible!), suicide (lol America health care) and domestics (lol wtf?).

What a fucking stupid cunt.

Instead of not having a lethal weapon to murder your wife, why don't you just go out for a meal? Don't shoot, sloot.

Thinking of a gang war between your rival drug dealers? Just punch each other instead guys, c'mon.

Don't kill yourself with a readily available lethal weapon with literally no chance of failing whilst you're in a seriously unstable state, just hold off, phone the Samaritans or something.

Fucking hate this bitch.