User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will George Martin die before he gets another book out?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 27.27%
  • No

4 18.18%
  • He's already dead

1 4.55%
  • I don't care

4 18.18%
  • Magic's dad told me books are for queers

4 18.18%
  • Dunno, I'm just watching for the tits

1 4.55%
  • Turtle/dragon

2 9.09%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1097

Thread: Game of Thrones Series 6: sponsored by Clarke Excitement Vacuum vs. Dinklage

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Finger's facial expression after that was actually pretty quality. Just a shame he's been making inexplicably shit plots and decisions all season.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shit decision was offing him in front of everybody when they could have done it secretly and harvested his face.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The face and that lol voice.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have loved it if they made him shit himself when he died, as he's been sounding like he's been holding in a massive shit throughout the whole series.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept expecting him to burst into song.

'Where are those happy days, they are so hard to find...'

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I would have loved it if they made him shit himself when he died, as he's been sounding like he's been holding in a massive shit throughout the whole series.
    You notice this even more when you hear what he sounded like in the beginning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was the same in The Wire. The man can't stick to a consistent accent, he will jet off all over the world over the course of a few sentences at times.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He turned into Batman come the end of it so he didn't have to bother with the accent.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may have been mentioned in here and I missed it but in all my assuming that it'd be the Hound who'd do for Mount Zombie I totally forgot that way back in season 1 Ned Stark sent Beric (being played by a different action) to bring him in or kill him.

Poor Ned.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's always been one of my favourite scenes from Game of Thrones, and probably my favourite Ned scene full stop. I like how they show the shock (from the small council) and awe (from the commoners) that someone has rolled up who's willing to dole out a rare bit of actual justice from the Iron Throne. Obviously got him nowhere like, but impressive all the same.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had forgotten Beric was sent out to bring him to justice though. It probably got a bit lost in translation, what with that acting doing little else than nodding in Ned Starks direction before getting replaced.

Would they sacrifice "Cleganebowl" to let Beric take him down instead though? People would be annoyed. There are large sections of the internet that seem to exist solely to see The Hound and The Mountain throw down at some point. I wouldn't be mad at it though, given there's a definite "fan fiction coming to life" feel to the whole thing at the minute.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will combine them. The Don will either have another unsuccessful attempt at killing him, at which point the Hound avenges him, or the Hound will say 'Mate, he's done you twice' and step in for him.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finger putting his quill back in his book like a boss at the end of that scene. I miss Old Finger.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That's always been one of my favourite scenes from Game of Thrones, and probably my favourite Ned scene full stop. I like how they show the shock (from the small council) and awe (from the commoners) that someone has rolled up who's willing to dole out a rare bit of actual justice from the Iron Throne. Obviously got him nowhere like, but impressive all the same.
    It basically sums up Ned the character. The reasons to like him (sending a hundred men to kill the Mountain) and the reason he was such a naive fool (thinking that summoning Tywin was going to end well for him.)

Sky are starting re-running them from the beginning this week. I'll be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Would they sacrifice "Cleganebowl" to let Beric take him down instead though? People would be annoyed. There are large sections of the internet that seem to exist solely to see The Hound and The Mountain throw down at some point. I wouldn't be mad at it though, given there's a definite "fan fiction coming to life" feel to the whole thing at the minute.
    I saw something else saying Cleganebowl was "off the cards now" but I've no idea why. I dunno if they assumed the Hound's comment about knowing what's coming for Gregor meant somebody other than himself.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of great scenes have taken place in the throne room. Personal fav:

A hall to die in, and men to bury me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a boss but all I see now in that scene is the Kingsguard on the far right struggling to put his sword away.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I remembered seeing that as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Even now, I could cut through the five of you like carving a cake!"

I love Joffrey's reaction when he throws the sword on the floor too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It may have been mentioned in here and I missed it but in all my assuming that it'd be the Hound who'd do for Mount Zombie I totally forgot that way back in season 1 Ned Stark sent Beric (being played by a different action) to bring him in or kill him.

Poor Ned.
    Wasn't it that little mission that both saw him form the band and got him killed as well?

Tussle between Lil' Bro and Dondarian for his scalp, no doubt.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tywin riding his horse into the throne room to be named Hand of the King (and letting it shit on the floor in the process) also has to rank pretty highly in terms of "boss-like shit that's happened in the vicinity of the Iron Throne" too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not throne-room but Tywin:

Just that tiny movement of the head and expression when Joffrey has the dig at him is better acting than half of the rest of the cast could dream of.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that him from the Ali G film?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always loved that he's not joking about serving Robb's head to Sansa on a plate in that scene Ian just posted. What a maniacal little shit he was.

And how Tywin twists the knife by ordering the nightshade to "help him sleep" even after he's already essentially won by removing him from his own small council meeting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tywin was great. His look in that scene when Joffrey oversteps is not dissimilar to Tormund's when that letter from Ramsey mentions skinning the wildlings.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really can't imagine anyone but Charles Dance playing the character so well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of killed off characters who had the best actors. I thought Joffrey was great actually.

A couple of Tywin/Olenna scenes probably realised the show's acting peak though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never can when someone has sort of defined a character well like that already.

But, Ben Kingsley maybe. I could sort of see someone like Ralph Fiennes do a decent job at it as well (too theatrical, maybe).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    There are a lot of killed off characters who had the best actors. I thought Joffrey was great actually.

A couple of Tywin/Olenna scenes probably realised the show's acting peak though.
    The show has gone more crazy as well though, leaving the remaining actors with not so much to really work with, I feel like. They are all just in super extraordinary scenes all the time now, and have all been reduced to one definiting character trait per character (this one is GOOD, this one is BAD, this one is FUNNY, this one is SMART, etc).

Take Tyrion who during the first 4-5 season got to do a wide range of different types of scenes, whereas now his only ever role is to look puppy-eyed and trying to be "the voice of reason" whilst all choked up, every single scene.

Jon Snow is similar in that now all he does is different variation of his meant-to-be-epic "I doont knoo much... but ah doo knoo we well ALL die soon onless...!"

Davos has gone from conflicted, troubled and mourning father to some sort of comic relief character.

Cersei used to display a certain range, now she just articulates a lot and sticks out her lower lip in every scene (look how HATEFUL I am).

Etc.

Denaerys has had these shit hyperbolic scenes throughout which is why she's seemed extra shit throughout (even if here acting isn't very good in even the few more regular scenes).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great point actually. I bet watching it back now will be pretty jarring. Going from a storyline to all out action hero will be pretty SAD!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Wasn't it that little mission that both saw him form the band and got him killed as well?

Tussle between Lil' Bro and Dondarian for his scalp, no doubt.
    If he's managed to die six times since then, probably best just put him down. He's clearly not good at staying alive.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky are reshowing it from the first series so I'm starting it again. It's mostly been Daenerys getting taken from behind or otherwise getting her wabs out so far.

I also forgot that Joffrey tries to straight up murder Arya in the second episode.

Ned, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking to rewatch the whole thing again but I'm probably going to let it for next fall-ish, when season 8 is about to hit.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I could sit and watch them all again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon I'll enjoy the first two or three series and then get to a point where I'm just winding through most of the scenes of Dragontits moping about in Mereen and getting bored of Ramsay devouring scenery.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to forget how brilliant the first 4 seasons are in particular, definitely the sort of thing that benefits from re-watching.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd watch the first couple again, but once Dany hits Meereen it grinds to a halt and you might as well skip everything bar Charles Dance and some Tyrion/Arya.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oberynn appeared after the Queen of Toasties hit Mereen, didn't he? Every scene he's in is worth watching.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's good stuff in every series. It's just some have more utterly skippable stuff than others.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every season apart from one are very good tele. I think it was season 5 which was actually quite shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest season was probably the weakest as a whole. You could tell the books were done and character development went out the window completely. Still enjoyed it but it definitely lost something from being so rushed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was still massively entertaining though, in my opinion. Season 5 (if that's the one I'm thinking of) was just boring.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the last season more consistently than I had the one or two before that, I think.

I mean, Ramsay being consistently evil, Theon being consistently shat upon or literally anything that happened in Essos wasn't exactly great character-building work either.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with RL, the most recent season is a load of bollocks but because of all the work they've done establishing the characters, settings and stakes, the bollocks doesn't actually impinge on one's enjoyment of it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last season was the most un-Game of thrones-y one easily and somewhat made a mockery of the premise of the show, but at the same time it was pretty entertaining.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that not expected though given what the end game must be?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer The 2nd View Post
    Was that not expected though given what the end game must be?
    Not talking that much about the plotting and stuff as such but mostly the thoroughness and the intricacy of the plot. It has sort of evolved to cheesy Hollywood movie stuff plot-wise.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On previous series pace we would still be on Dragonstone backing the ships into the harbour, so they had to speed it up; but then the inherent problems of any fantasy bollocks (most people would not watch something like this without the tits and the violence) start to become obvious once you start running low on the interesting characters who turn a nerdfest into a SERIOUS DRAMA.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good story made adequately with adequate performances, only they were always going to run out of good story so it has to survive on your familiarity with the remaining characters and a desire to see how it ends.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My view on this is the same as it was a few weeks ago. The 'end game' necessitates a transition from Machiavellian power plays into unashamed fantasy epic. If you're going to make the transition, you might as well do it properly rather than half-heartedly. The character development is already in place to support the transition.