User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [FOOTBALL] The Magic of the UEFA Super Cup and Carabao Cup

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I never realized how awesome away days were until I did the 6 hour bus trip to Atlanta a few weeks back.

some old guy in "Atlanta United" grab was flipping us all off just because we dared to wear purple in his town

Awesome experience.
    Good lad. You should have caved his head in and smashed up the bar.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean would have thought him well.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    that Sarris bloke being a fucking bombscare against us last season. Had one of those comedy attempted clearances that go in completely the wrong direction.
    His defending this time was genuinely okay. but whenever he had the ball he genuinely didn't ever look to his right for a pass. It sounds daft but it got so bad that I was genuinely looking to see where he was looking and he never looked over to his right, even when the options were there. Instead he'd put his toe through the bottom-right of the ball EVERY TIME after seconds of dawdling and hope somebody to his left would pick it up. Fucking infuriating.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a Mohsni special performance. He would go four games at a time without ever passing the ball, instead choosing to pick it up at the back and just run with it until he lost it. When he did pass it was invariably a mad punt to a player only he could see.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Sarris' is a brilliant name for a devastatingly bad centre back.

Mohsni was brilliant. Probably the maddest person I've seen playing any sport professionally.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    I had planned to do similar last year, but my mate with a season ticket and his brother went to nearly every game so I couldn't.

Enjoy it - it's nice going to some different grounds, winning games for once and actually having an affinity for the players and for team you support.
    I've been to all but four or five grounds in the Championship but it's still nice. Carlisle away is a good draw in the cup but I may struggle to get tickets.

Jimmy, you must have pretty much unlimited options. If I lived in London and had the time and motivation (e.g. if I was retired), I'd probably regularly go to non-league games, or pick a club and have them as my second team. East Dulwich would be a likely contender.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Barnsley is a cracking away day. Loads of little pubs and chippies and you get the whole end. Went a few years ago for a midweek game when we won 3-0 and it was just brilliant.
    Last time I went we took 8000 and I couldn't even get a ticket, had to sit in the home end.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The mackems have the bonus of not expecting to bounce straight back up, too. So home games might not sound so dire when they concede early.
    Some people are, and the home crowd could still easily turn. The good thing about last week is that whilst there was only 30,000, it was more of the hardcore support as you'd expect, and not the Premier League hangers on.