User Tag List

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking into it, Costa also has the same low balance and agility problem that Lukaku suffers from. Kane however has 90 agility. I'm interested in trying him out to see if it's that. His balance is still low and he has much lower acceleration than his sprint speed.

TOTS Alli bought for 230k. Looks a massive upgrade on his 86 card. Leaves me with 250k to spend. I could go with TOTS Kane and TOTS Keane.

@John I had no idea Andre Gray had gone so cheap. 27k on XB1. I remember him being 100k+ and going almost instantly.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love TOTS Kane. There are better cards out there, but he works a treat if you pair him with someone pacey with good dribbling and a creator behind.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things struck me today.

I'm thinking of moving away from the 4-1-2-1-2 (2) as I think the lack of width isn't helping me. Any suggestions on what the best wide formations are?

Additionally, by spamming two or three legends into the squad I should be able to link in some of the cracking players from obscure leagues, like Smolov, for example.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you any good with 3 at the back? I quite like the 3-5-2 where the centre mids are deeper than the wide mids (no10 in front).

Otherwise the 'wide 4-2-3-1' is alright, a bit negative though.

I don't play UT btw, so things may be different.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like whichever 4-3-3 it is which has the midfield structured as one CDM and two CMs. Doesn't have as much hybrid potential as some of the more convoluted formations but it's fundamentally sound at the back so it's a good basis for however you want to play going forward.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers gents, just looking through the legends to see who is worthwhile and I'll then decide on formation. I'm veering towards one with three at the back as I'd still like to have two strikers.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 4-3-3 (4)

Two CM's and one CAM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 4-3-3 that has the false 9. You wont be pinging through balls in behind all day, but that's very good for width and playing triangles to keep the ball. Quite defensively solid too as you can just use the CF to hound the ball down and leave the entire team behind you.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you do the celebration where your player runs towards the camera face on?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just run at the camera guy. They're random from then on. Like the ad board ones, you've no control over which it does.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More detail on the futties:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultima...=1499197106751

Looks like they're going balls deep, albeit if voting consists of doing an SBC where the only reward is the player in pink then why would anyone bother?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they do a release a version of Lacazette at Arsenal in any kind of upgraded fashion, I'll not care if they put sparkles and rainbows on it. I will sell everything.

The voting by completing the SBC of said player is a very interesting concept.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    If they do a release a version of Lacazette at Arsenal in any kind of upgraded fashion, I'll not care if they put sparkles and rainbows on it. I will sell everything.

The voting by completing the SBC of said player is a very interesting concept.
    I love the idea, but it seems somewhat ruined by the fact that the reward is a bit useless. Well, unless you need that card to do the actual upgraded player SBC, which now I think about it you probably will.

We're so getting an upgraded Renato Sanches.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see it being a bit a of a pain if you pick the "wrong" player. They should make it so it costs next to nothing to complete the player, if you have the pink version already by doing their voting SBC.

You may find it almost necessary to complete every player just in case.

Upgraded Sanches, Smalling and Bailly. Just imagine.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All three of those have gone up in value over the last few days. I have Smalling and Renato Sanches already, but I should probably pick up a Bailly just in case.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought TOTS Kane and played through division 7. All wins and pretty easy at that. I didn't get to properly test him out for 2 reasons. Firstly I was dominating games, and so with my opponent sat back it was just a case of popping passed into space around the box and having shots.
    My other problem is that 3 of my games saw my opponent quit after I went up early. I was 2-0 in the first two and then only 1-0 in the last of those. It seems people see the team and think fuck it.

Overall he seemed faster than Lukaku did and I think it is down to that agility. But I'll stick with him and try the DKT to see what he's like against tougher opponents.

I will say one thing though. I'm having to re-learn how to finish. Usually I put 1/4 power and the player will put their laces into it, but not too hard so as to send it by the goalkeeper about knee height. But these guys are all so good at finishing they do an animation where, with the same power applied, do a sidefooted shot that goes more along the ground. In doing so it loses a lot of power and it's a much more saveable shot. There's no better feeling than emphatically thumping one in with Kane. The rest seem to try and place them. He tries to take the net with it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the agility and balance I think they're so key. There are players with dribbling over 90 on the face of the card, but poor numbers in those areas so they won't play anything like it as a result.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we reckon it's safe to assume there won't be any new cards in packs as a result of the Futties stuff above?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've said on Twitter that FUTTIES items will be SBC only. Not in packs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIFA 12: TOTW 41
    FIFA 13: TOTW 42
    FIFA 14: TOTW 40
    FIFA 15: TOTW 43
    FIFA 16: TOTW 39,42
    FIFA 17: TOTW 42

Lee Dong Gook, the late season hero.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opened my 21 packs earlier and pulled him, but accidentally discarded the entire pack he was in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shambles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After disconnecting while winning in the semi-final, I've done the DKT at the second attempt. It's safe to say Eriksen and Kane are very good. I think I won 4-1, 7-1, 4-1 and 5-1. The guy put his controller down in the 2nd and last games. The 7-1 was level at half time too. But I scored multiple times in a few minutes and they have enough. The guy in the final had a full Ligue 1 TOTS team. That first half was so tricky. Those cards are fast as hell and intercept anything. I'd figured him out by the 2nd half though and used it to my advantage.

The Spurs trio up front works really nicely. Eriksen makes some lovely runs, but both Son and Kane being High/High workrates next to him is nice. They also drop back when defending which helps for playing your way out. It can be a little annoying when you'd be wanting someone on the shoulder of the last defender, but holding the ball a few seconds more will fix that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Marquee Matchups almost exclusively from players I had in the club and in even better news pulled 89 Hazard. A player I was actively considering buying for my 3-5-2. Must be a first that.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One left to go, which I have to buy a player for to meet the requirements, and I have packed Matip, (83), Alli (82) and Coleman (82). So I will make my money back atleast.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like End of an Era Futties tonight. I still have Lampard in the club, but annoyingly sold Gerrard a month or so ago.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First glance it looks like they've nailed this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Totti

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does 2 FUT Champions Reward players mean?

If it means what I think it does then that can fuck right off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 red ones.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, scrap my praise.

The Marquee transfers cards all being just their base stats and on loan is wank and needing a FUT Champions reward to get Totti can also die in a fire.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to be cautious and do both Smalling and Bailly just in case you need the winner's pink card.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Totti is perfect, right up to the point where he has 70 stamina. He's going to be dead in the 60th minute.

Given the amount you need to give up for him, I think I'll pass on this one. I'll do Smalling just for the sake of having a pink one of him. If he gets the upgrade, great but if he doesn't, I wont use the other 2 anyway.

I also want an Arsenal Lacazette, however he's insta-selling for 100k on both platforms. Absolute madness. I'm also quite disappointed that it's just the standard card. There should at least have been some kind of upgrade.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I've decided to be cautious and do both Smalling and Bailly just in case you need the winner's pink card.
    My plan too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the looks of this tweet you could use Smallings card in Baillys SBC for example. Just so long as you vote in one.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the players to do them anyway. I have Bailly in my rotation and thought about Smalling. No real loss.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'm also quite disappointed that it's just the standard card. There should at least have been some kind of upgrade.
    They really have managed to fuck this. If the end of an era requirements all involve a FUT Champions reward and the marquee transfer SBC's are all loans then that's two sets of SBC's a week that I can't/won't bother with, leaving just the pink cards.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, this has been a big let down personally. I mean if they aren't going to give these 'premium' SBC players any kind of reasonable stamina, they're pointless. Similarly these standard transferred versions are pointless, minus maybe Lacazette by this point in the game. At least make the SBC version an upgrade.

Looking at last year the FUTTIES items are looking at anything from a 2 to 4 point stat upgrade. So assuming Smalling wins we get an 86-88 version of him. Most likely looking at 80 pace and 90 or so in both defending and physical.

One thing to note that I missed. Past SBCs are apparently returning. It doesn't say if it's every single one, but apparently certain ones will come back. It looks likely that FUTMAS, FUT Birthday and EPL POTM SBCs will come up again. With having an EPL team that last SBC set interests me. I didn't have the coin for Hazard back when he came out and Lukaku would also be good. It all depends on how expensive they make them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did all three Futties in the end, but probably won't use Umtiti.

Nice to see they've added IFs to the FUT Champions requirement.

Next task is to finish off a couple of league SBCs that I'm in touching distance of to bolster the SBC rewards Ibcan use.

Annoyingly I've used the Belgian and Turkish rewards already.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done my duty and completed Smalling. Managed to do it with untradeables from the club. The pink card looks good too.

Hopefully the winner one will see you having to hand over that pink card and not a lot else. At this point in the game they shouldn't be asking for the world in exchange for players. More almost giving them away as thank yous to those still playing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed.

The player size must be shrinking quite a bit right now.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did all three, although I'm barely playing at the minute, so just dipping in & out to do the SBCs.

Thinking of selling up a lot of my TOTS players & making a BPL side or just trying out a different hybrid. Would probably have about 500k to spend, although I'm waiting until we know what we'll need for the Futties winner SBCs. Speaking of which, I'm very much looking forward to the prospect of a boosted Renato Sanches to chuck back into my Bundesliga side

Those Marquee Transfer & End of an Era SBCs are typically LOL from EA. Futties will probably be every bit as awful as TOTS was, although hopefully a lot of the re-released SBCs will prove to be affordable.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bournemouth and Chelsea away from finishing the Prem SBC.

The formers silvers are stupid expense.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now...

I was really close.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA are cunts for making the requirement 84.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Smalling and (given I want to keep Bailly and Umtiti) I also did Butland's tonight too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a list anywhere of old (player reward based) SBC's and their requirements?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who do we reckon the midfielders will be in the futties then?

Sanches is probably one. I might pick up one or two of his OTW card just in case....