User Tag List

Page 41 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you either get hit and die or (presumably, because I never managed it) get out like a normal mission for a slightly different ending. I'm not as forgiving of it as you though, I thought it a fucking awful thing to throw in at the end. I tended to approach the levels like little puzzles so it was particularly annoying not to be able to do that on the last (really cool) level.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll spoiler this in case anybody else has bought it:
    Toggle Spoiler

I'm going to give it a go over the weekend but it occurs to me that given I'm not ever going to kill every enemy on that level I'm probably trying to kill way more than I actually need to.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen both endings I'd agree with that, it felt like the right thing I just found it mechanically frustrating not having at least a courtesy checkpoint. One of those times I felt a game wasn't respecting my time, out of the blue as well because I was loving it up until that point.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed doing the last level from scratch each time, to be honest. It didn't take me longer than one gaming session, and it meant that the early stage of each run was a well-oiled machine by the time I was done. There was something really enjoyable about absolutely nailing down the precise series of moves required for the early sequences, then wildly improvising as things get less familiar in the back half.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randomized Link to the Past is so good, I had no idea this kind of thing was a thing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Ronin. Not sure I like it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Golf Club 2 review:

Servers are beyond fucked. Tried for 30 minutes, couldn't even buy any new clothing. Quit.

10/10

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @phonics and anyone else. Consolevania is back. I think you might have mentioned this to me before but I'm not sure. Is the only way to see to give them money via patreon?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I bought Ronin. Not sure I like it.
    Really? Huh. Despite the differences I really had it down as a Likes Gunpoint = Like Ronin open goal.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Really? Huh. Despite the differences I really had it down as a Likes Gunpoint = Like Ronin open goal.
    I found the controls a bit weird. And the jumping cursor thing doesn't seem to be very good. Also I'm a bit crap at it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    The Golf Club 2 review:

Servers are beyond fucked. Tried for 30 minutes, couldn't even buy any new clothing. Quit.

10/10
    Fine and dandy on PS4. Jumped into the Free for All society, started a round and rage quit the second hole because I'm so shit at putting. The game did slow to a crawl when I switched my golfer's gender on my first day with the game, mind.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the controls a bit weird. And the jumping cursor thing doesn't seem to be very good. Also I'm a bit crap at it.
    That annoyed me initially, especially as there's a tooltip explicitly telling you that the arc is a lie. If he knew that why not just code it properly?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Fine and dandy on PS4. Jumped into the Free for All society, started a round and rage quit the second hole because I'm so shit at putting. The game did slow to a crawl when I switched my golfer's gender on my first day with the game, mind.
    I'm on PS4. If I go offline its fine, if I could play at like 10am it'd probably be fine. 6pm it was a fucking disaster zone.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @phonics and anyone else. Consolevania is back. I think you might have mentioned this to me before but I'm not sure. Is the only way to see to give them money via patreon?
    It's been pretty good too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    That annoyed me initially, especially as there's a tooltip explicitly telling you that the arc is a lie. If he knew that why not just code it properly?
    Isn't it only a lie when you make contact with other things? Like if you hoof an enemy into the air first? Otherwise I've found it pretty reliable, despite the warning from that tooltip.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not even that. It seems to move around terribly when I'm trying to aim it and it's an absolute pain to get to point where I want. It's like I'm using a terrible mouse that barely works but I'm not because my mouse is grand for everything else.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Isn't it only a lie when you make contact with other things? Like if you hoof an enemy into the air first? Otherwise I've found it pretty reliable, despite the warning from that tooltip.
    Either way it adds frustration in the place of challenge which is never good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quickly learned to ignore it when either enemies or those floaty ledges were involved but you're probably right, you shouldn't really have to do that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Golf Club 2 also has a problem where it gets a little framey when judging your swings. I'll not put it down to my poor ability from ... everywhere but it definitely fiddles with your speed. Had my first disconnect before but the game tends to pick where you left off and I got back online after two attempts.

18.6 handicap. Room for improvement. Found the shot limit for my first time. I knew there was one but didn't realise it was +7. Fucking hell. Given how they supported the first one, what actually is new in 2?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always been around +7, 10-12 shots is the cap. Apparently there's a patch and server issues are much improved so I'll be jumping on when home in an hour or so.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I'm not complaining about the limit. More my ability to actually find it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Tour clubs, that shows the huge difference between them both. Not had an over par round yet, but just played Little Brook at -8 and Denali at E. The physics, shot system and look of the game is much improved. Driving on Tour is nails as fuck but worth it, and the added spin on shorter clubs is a Godsend.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Dragon Age 3 yesterday, I'll be interested to see if the criticism is as overblown as it was for the previous game.
    I'm not sure I'll ever find out as I've given up part way through the opening mission, the controls are that bad. No click to move, no queueing abilities/orders, you can't rebind half the controls, and you have to hold down a button to attack something. If I wanted to play Mass Effect I'd have given myself a lobotomy and bought that instead.

Awful.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So HITMAN is better than Absolution was, thank goodness, but they've still not perfected the disguises. This guy knows most of the employees, I getcha, I like that addition. it makes sense. How does he recognise me from behind when I'm in my hazmat suit?

Really enjoying it so far though.

I'm not sure I'll ever find out as I've given up part way through the opening mission, the controls are that bad. No click to move, no queueing abilities/orders, you can't rebind half the controls, and you have to hold down a button to attack something. If I wanted to play Mass Effect I'd have given myself a lobotomy and bought that instead.

Awful.
    I like 3 better than 2 but it's done the same as I've read about Andromeda and they've decided that what people want is a single-player MMO. I can't remember enough of it to say what I thought the shit stuff was, though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't complain about the structure or missions as I've barely seen any, I bounced so hard off the atrocity of a control scheme that I doubt I'll ever go back.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely don't remember the controls bothering me but I think I was possibly just glad in the first instance that I wasn't playing as sodding Hawke.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It plays like it used to be a third person shooter, there's no way to play it as a tactical rpg like you could with the other two (the 'tactical' camera, brilliantly, doesn't work inside buildings). I couldn't even find an option to auto-pause at the start of combat at which point I realised it was just Mass Effect with swords rather than anything approaching the other two.

I didn't mind Hawke (the lady version at least), in fact I'd have been happy to have another game in the same style as the second.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Crash trilogy actually looks really nice. It's had actual work done to it. Looks easy as owt, though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm enjoying Wolfenstein: TNO but these between-mission fetch-quests are a pain in the arse. It's all well and good having BJ mutter that he feels like he's "a damned errand boy" when he's given one of them but that knowing joke doesn't stop them being a shit idea. I just murdered four million Nazis and their little dogs, too, so maybe let somebody else do the legwork dickheads.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer Games Done Quick is go.

www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's depressing

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched my mate play it last night, fuck me it looked boring. Hold a direction and occasionally press x.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never liked Crash Bandicoot, I tend to hate anything where you're running towards the camera. Too nervy and tense, or with Super Soccer on SNES just a load of shit.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you go left!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw shit. The biggest platform exclusive launch of 2017 just got that little bit bigger.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great but it's buggy as fuck

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post

Well that's depressing
    What am I missing here?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That an HD remaster of a set of super shitty games, that probably cost a few hundred grand, had a better launch than one of the best looking and most innovative open world experiences of the year, that probably cost near to a hundred million.

Can't see a bean counter try to address that issue.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were they shitty? I really don't know as I've never played them but they're certainly loved and have the advantage of many years of nostalgia, doubly so over something that has yet to move out of 'next big thing hyperbole' territory.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the Crash Bandicoot games, but I prefer to leave things I'm nostalgic over in the past, in case they do turn out to actually be crap.

It's far from surprising, and not at all depressing, that a full remaster of them is selling well. And the amount of money they cost is so irrelevant it's actually stupid to bring it up.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, ROI has never affected budgets in the video-game industry.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a remaster of a game that was already one of the best selling games on the console. Budget is utterly irrelevant.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I loved the Crash Bandicoot games, but I prefer to leave things I'm nostalgic over in the past, in case they do turn out to actually be crap.
    Yeah, I played the original again last year. It's possible the later ones might hold up better, is all I'm saying.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the nostalgia tip, I've got a SNES mini pre-ordered for September. A lot of the times when you go back games aren't as good as you remember but watching the games I already know only F-Zero looks like it's aged badly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get on board the HD remake train when someone does Pandemonium!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I watched my mate play it last night, fuck me it looked boring. Hold a direction and occasionally press x.
    Is that not generally how platform games work?

I never liked Crash Bandicoot though. First game I had for the original Playstation and I was shit at it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Golf Club 2 is easily the best game of golf I've ever played in a videogame. The bounces, the hooks and slices, the way the ball rolls, the wind, the lie of the ball hampering your shot (if you're on a downhill lie it takes distance off, distance on if uphill). Its so much different to the first in everything bar putting, which is only slightly different.

Slowly mastering the tour swing, can get perfect/perfect tempo with the line in the cone now. Still hook/slice a little. Went -30 through four rounds on St Andrews earlier in 12mph+ winds.

HB have nailed it now the servers work.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game with the biggest ratio of 'loved it then/hate it now' would definitely be Destruction Derby on PS1. I'm sure you only yammed into other cars in about two settings and that was it. I'm not even looking at videos to confirm it and ruin the memories.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driving backwards was the way to win that game.