User Tag List

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles. Have you got that save? I'd love a crack at rescuing that.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, next time I fire it up I'll send you a Dropbox link. They're just close to dropping to the regional Vanrama which would leave them unplayable so I'll add that tier before saving too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. How did they lose £1bn last season?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles took over and signed all manner of shit to unsupportable contracts then holidayed until they died.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was about to bin my Southampton game but I always wanted to see could you kill a club in this (you can't btw, bottom of league one in admin and 600m in debt, you suddenly get 800m 'sponsorship' and a 300m transfer budget for the next season) so I resigned from St Mary's and holidayed the main manager and added another. The trick is that you can still offer massive deals to players in the U18 squad even if you can't for other players. 50% wage rises, long contracts for 34 year olds that you bought for 35m from Airdrie, and selling decent players for 0 with 100% selling club wage contributions also help. I pop in from time to time to sack all their new staff and make sure they keep dropping but they're on their own now as I've taken over from Jose at Man U with my main guy in 2028. I'm also interested to see how they fare out in rising again when fully simulated. Though they are down to regional rep, have sold the training ground and academy, and are getting a new loan every month so I'm not sure if big money will come now to get them back. Still pulling in around 12000 a home game though.

My Man Utd squad is full of wingers and I'm playing a 5-3-2, and the squad hate me for shipping Martial off to America and Pogba off to Turkey but CL looks handy enough.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to ask if they've had to close Anfield and start ground sharing with Runcorn.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to develop a target man formation for PSG, I think....

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a perfect formation here to use him to his absolute best:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a .fmf? I'm struggling to import it....

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I didn't even realise he was that tall... I was just randomly doing a player search and decided to search by height... and he was top, and just happenened in my reserve team.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is his jumping reach only 16? It ought to be pretty much 17-18 by just standing on the ground.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So annoying when the best 4 players in your team are all right backs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't go off height @John Arne, it doesn't make a difference because the jumping attribute takes it into account already. He maybe looks more like an advanced forward or something. His dribbling's better than his heading.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I got Flotow on loan for another season. 7 games in and he's got 13 goals. If I can possibly get him signed permanently in January, Colidio can fuck off with his work permit.
    The fickleness of it. Love it.

Good read.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the achievements on this game broken? I've just noticed I have yet to activate a few despite having achieved it. EG. Stay at one club for 5 seasons etc.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bored so I thought I'd have a little go with Australia. I've never seen such a major nation with so few front options. The best available is 36 year old Tim Cahill as a defensive target man.

Still, we're going to the World Cup. I hope.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As opening matches go, that was a bit

Each side had a five minute period where every time they got the ball it was an automatic goal. Not convinced it wasn't a horrible match engine glitch, as they were all going straight through the goalkeepers.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abdulrahman

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United 2028/29.

That was too fucking easy. Jose had built quite a squad of players, even though I'd to do some re-training to fit them where I wanted some of them.
    Biggest challenge for the coming season is to try get enough young players in there that I can pick a 25 man squad for the competitions. There's only enough home grown there for me to pick 20 tops.

Transfers:

Squad Stats:

Cups:

League:

Tactics:

He doesn't look all that outstanding on paper but 50+ goals, PWA player of the year, and PFA player of the year. Just signed a new deal for only €150k a week too

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham just inflicted our first league defeat of the season after 23 league games which had seen us drop just two points. I thought we might be on for an invincible campaign.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's anything in the world that makes me seethe more than losing 1-0 to Arab shithouses.

Australia's problem (and I assume this is the same IRL) is they simply don't have any good footballers at all, other than perhaps the goalkeeper Ryan. As such I'm always made massive favourites for every game but other than GDP I really can't see any reason for it.

Having just seethed our way to defeat in Baghdad, we still have to host Japan and go to Saudi, as well as Thailand away which has even more seethe potential. In between times we have to go to the Confederations Cup, which will be still more misery as we have Germany, Chile and the worst possible draw, New Zealand.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never in doubt.

Based on the absolute buttfucking we got from Germany and Chile at the Confed Cup though, we're going to need a kind draw to have any chance of getting out of the group.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how my time with China tends to go.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early red cards vs Denmark and Egypt, thrashed out of sight in all 3 games. 25+ opposition shots every time. Well worthwhile.

On to the Asian Cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank the lord for the January transfer window

Toggle Spoiler

Any idea how to make that image bigger??

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ftfy

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has the slow as fuck inbox issue I had, where it can take seconds to go into it and a second or two to go to next news item, there's a fix:

With FM17 not open, go to C:\Users\[youruseraccount]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\Preferences\version 3

and delete thee two files

inbox_scrollbar_state.xml
    inbox_content_state.xml

And it should be back to normal. You'll have to do it when it slows again, seem those files get huge and take a while to access. My game is now flying along again.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I've had that a lot.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new game as Roma, didn't sign anyone and got a challenging Champions League draw, but it's worked out quite well so far

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool FC - Season 2032/33

Summary

We were expected to make big moves in the summer but as it turned out, the only arrival at The Dalglish Stadium was to be Borislav Kolev who arrived for £40M from Napoli. It seemed disappointing at the time to only bring in one of our targets but as the season unfolded we were left in no doubt that that was all we needed anyway.

Costly but we recouped £27M in fee's and much more in wages with the departures of Reece Oxford, Huw Sanna and Scott Lacey who were all earning far too much for the roles they were playing, something of a recurring theme at the club.

We were looking good for an unbeaten campaign until West Ham ruined the party. Struggling Wolves then launched a 'surprise' 1-0 win on our patch, a feat we hadn't experienced all too much since leaving Anfield.

Failing to score isn't something that happens all too often so when we do it's usually a shock defeat.

Premier League's top three goalscorers. Love it. Hughes has really come on in the last few seasons.

Proud of the twat.

Performances like 'this' helping out, no end.

We still haven't beaten the 11-0 win over Stromsgodset though.

The FA Cup wasn't nice to us as West Ham again proved a thorn in our side. It wouldn't be too bad if they were actually a good team but they are such a shithouse club it's unreal.

We fared much better in the lesser cup though so I can't complain too much.

Domestically we've been the best team in the country for many a year now having claimed our 9th successive league title but it was Europe's premier competition that we wanted more than anything. After exiting at the group stage last season we had to delay our domination of the old big ears but thankfully by the seasons end we had returned the cup to it's rightful place.

Still belongs in the North West.

Come pre-season I've decided to freshen up the squad somewhat and go through all the youngsters (not as many as you'd imagine given it was meant to be a YDWAWK save). Trent is retiring.

Although you could argue he retired last season anyway.

Whilst the clubs most expensive ever signing is finally off.

I just can't justify the wage any more.

Quite sad, really.

Other
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just offered Kondogbia out for £30mil, he's kicked up a fuss too many. City offer me £4.8mil

The fuck.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing as Arsenal at the moment (trying to turn them into a winning outfit, and so far failing) and I have to say that turning off regen faces is the best thing I've ever done on this game, it both adds realism/seamlessness to the 'narrative', and also speeds the bloody thing up.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'm playing as Arsenal at the moment (trying to turn them into a winning outfit, and so far failing) and I have to say that turning off regen faces is the best thing I've ever done on this game, it both adds realism/seamlessness to the 'narrative', and also speeds the bloody thing up.
    How do you do that?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    How do you do that?
    Preferences > Interface > Untick 'Show pictures of players who have been generated by the game'

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Preferences > Interface > Untick 'Show pictures of players who have been generated by the game'
    Nice one. Haven't played it in a while but between that and your earlier tip it should be much better next time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I barely touch it between December up to late Feb then when European football comes back, it draws me back in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New patch. http://www.footballmanager.com/news/...er-update-2017
    - Official 17.3.0 Update Database added - including winter transfer window data

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

I don't think I've ever seen a worse rating than that, especially from a useless cunt who spent the first month of the season moaning about being FORCED OUT of Arsenal by me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back!

My Celtic game goes on.

Summer ins/outs:

Scott Sinclair is out for 7 months, Craig Gordon too. My Moussa Dembele replacement (Sanabria) seems to be a total bust. James Forrest is still a god.

I'm looking for a half decent CL run and try push this into a fun looking job down South. If not I'll start a new game.

edit: I tried to buy a super Young'un to turn him into a Celtic player according to Homegrown rules. Is this guy going to be any good or complete wank?

edit2:

Is there a way to get news updates for when Premier League teams sack their managers?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    My Moussa Dembele replacement (Sanabria) seems to be a total bust

edit: I tried to buy a super Young'un to turn him into a Celtic player according to Homegrown rules. Is this guy going to be any good or complete wank?

edit2:

Is there a way to get news updates for when Premier League teams sack their managers?
    Give the foreign players a season's grace to find their feet. People always moan about this but you've got to judge them on their second season, once they've picked up the language.

That youngster is ok - he's got a decent spread of stats where you'd want them. Not top-tier, but absolutely fine for Scotland.

To get notifications of when PL clubs sack their manager (it's unsurprisingly a ballache), subscribe to the club and configure the notifications for staff changes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool - Season 2033/2034

Season Summary

Premier League

We kicked off the league campaign with a 4-4 draw away to Tottenham, Yasin Ozer and Gavin Pilkington scoring late to earn us a point before following it up with another four at home to Sunderland. One week later, we were in 'crisis' following a surprise defeat to Wolves. Four points from our first three games and after a summer that saw the departure of many big characters, it was asked if the squad was about to enter a transitional period. It was the first and last time that that question was ever asked as we proceeded to go the remainder of the season unbeaten. Not a bad way to secure a 10th successive title but an invincible campaign is still the target.

Domestic Cups

We enjoyed a comfortable ride to the EFL final before dismantling West Ham to claim the trophy for a fourth successive time whilst taking our total to 13.

And whilst Arsenal and Man United tried, we showed just why we were the most dominant club in the country by easing past both. It's always that more satisfying knocking out Man United as they remain four FA Cups ahead of us.

Another domestic treble and England is a bit of a one horse race these days.

Other Cups

Not that I'm overly bothered about the Community Shield, I still don't like losing trophies. We gained revenge later in the season but still, it was a shit game and the result matched it.

The same applies for the Super Cup tbh. I fucking hate David Pickwell, he's been a thorn in my side for nearly a decade now.

We fared better in the Club World Cup whilst sustaining our impressive league form.

But there's no doubt it was the Champions League where we truly excelled. We had made the competition our own and knew if we were to retain it once more we would become the most decorated team in its history. We did exactly that.

The group stage was a doddle, the so called Battle of Britain more of a five minute scuffle and the 3-0 collapse away to Real Madrid a major irritation but we redeemed ourselves. The final against Juventus was the first time since 1985 and had a much better ending.

----------------

Armand Sery, Metin Okur and Jose Valenzuela were all brought in at various points for a combined total of £72M as we looked to install some fresh meat into the squad, Serypotentially adding an extra £30M on top when he inevitably activates his add ons.

Lee Hyo-Jin, Cristopher Castro, Fakredine Haddadi and Kilian Maschke fee's exceeding that by £40M made it a productive summer however as we shaved nearly £2M a week off the wage bill. Club legend Trent Alexander-Arnold retiring and Magnus Bakkerbraten being released saving over £600K a week in itself.

As per the top three goalscorers were Gavin Pilkington, Yasin Ozerand Danny Hughes although this time llija Trajkovski had a breakout season and grabbed 25 himself as he pushed Hughes all the way.

I signed a new five-year deal at the beginning of the season by which time I hope to have obtained the record for most FA Cup's won but it's a bit of a slog at times. I think when Pilkington and the like retire I may have to move to another country.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post

I've got him at Arsenal (start of 18/19 season) and although I don't play with wingers, if I did he'd be finding himself on the fringes of the side. Looks a touch better than that.

I've had a fun time, spent a shitload of money and come 4th twice, and rewarded by having my expectations lowered for year 3, it's just like being Arsenal manager in real life.

The first thing I did was flog most of the squad including Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere and countless overpaid others. I actually had to sack Walcott as he wouldn't accept a contract elsewhere, even at PSG. Have gradually replaced them with a mixture of expensive marquee players and young Britishers, team looks something like this:

GK Cech
    DR Bellerin
    DL Grimaldo (from Benfica, released Gibbs at end of 17/18, have Charlie Taylor as backup)
    DC Rugani (god)
    DC Holding (could do better but I like him)
    MC Kessié
    MC Sheaf (inferior stats but has forced £43m Kimmich out of the side with performances)
    AMC Ozil / Ward-Prowse
    AMC Asensio
    CF Sanchez
    AF Belotti (goal machine)

All sorts of random English in reserve including Dwight Gayle, Joe Hart, Ben Osborn from Forest, and Zach Clough.

We absolutely smash the goals in but can't defend to save our lives. Looking better this year though. This could be our year™.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I holidayed 6 months in to see what was going down in the Premier League. There was Everton at the bottom of the table, and I thought 'That looks like a fun challenge' and having taken over I've got us to the FA Cup Semi-Final but we're now 10 points adrift of 17th

I'm fucking Tim Sherwood. Much like my spirit manager, I'm refusing to take any of the blame though. Koeman wanked away all my money on Federico Fernandez leaving me a mil short of buying Tielemanns. That's my excuse at least.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I signed a new five-year deal at the beginning of the season by which time I hope to have obtained the record for most FA Cup's won but it's a bit of a slog at times. I think when Pilkington and the like retire I may have to move to another country.
    Weeks later I resigned and took over USA for the upcoming World Cup. Well...

Toggle Spoiler

I came close to signing Al Clark many years ago but decided he didn't warrant the fee and allowed him to move to Arsenal. I reckon he'd have done more for us.

There's no beating a World Cup success with USA so I swiftly resigned on top and now find myself with Napoli and an eye on ending Inter Milan's four year resign as champions. It's time to do some globetrotting.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new save without a job. Didn't take long to get one. I assume I slipped them my CV while visiting the city for @Baz's stag do.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got bored of Celtic and that Everton game was so depressing I would never play the game again if it carried on. Decided to start a new game with Bournemouth and it's going so well that I figure we're about to get ripped apart. I started off the season with Surman and Harry Arter out injured for 6 and 10 months respectively but thankfully Dan Gosling has been amazing, Wilshere has been rubbish, Callum Wilson is godlike and if I can keep hold of him I'll be amazed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you add some graphics? That looks shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They distract me/I can't be bothered.

Things have somehow improved, including Callum Wilson. What a player.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So close:

Toggle Spoiler

So far:

Toggle Spoiler

edit: lol

Toggle Spoiler