Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    The unlikely final next week

Half my team is injured, being replaced or playing in a horrible matchup next week though, so I think you’ve got it.

I’m just pleased to make it back to the final though - the overturned Roethlisberger TD would’ve been enough for Browning to beat me, so I got very lucky.

Managed to win three out of four semi finals in my Yahoo leagues, with my only loss coming to someone with Gurley, Bell & Crabtree, so I’d say it’s been a good week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first properly good week in a while has come at a good time.

That's even with Wilson and Green not pulling their weight. Opponent could still win in theory but he'd need 50 points from Julio Jones without Austin Hooper getting anything.

Assuming miracles don't happen, that has set up a rematch of last seasons final. Last season he went 13-0 regular season and all the way to the championship game with me, which he lost. No doubt he'll want revenge for that. Both of the other semi-finalists account for my 3 defeats this season, but the one who has gone out has the team I'd much rather be facing. Last season I was confident. Not so much this time around.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still seething.

Dan should take down Mahow in the final

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Julio puts up about 50 points tonight I’ll win 4/5. If he does I’ll also crash out of the league I autodrafted.

If Julio gets 3 points (so 2 catches or 1 longish one) then the guy who finished second in my dynasty league and got Rodgers back for the play offs is out too, which would be nice. That he lost to the commissioner of my main league that he had his falling out with when he got banned is just the icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ibb.co/kiRm5R

1 FUCKING YARD JONES,1 FUCKING YARD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you could have lost by 0.4 instead?

Looks like he needed 6 yards there, but that's still horrible.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my first big final of the week, my Dynasty league:

QB- Case Keenum Vs Cam Newton

My opponent is spoilt for choice most of the season at QB having drafted of added Mariota, Newton, Wentz, Alex Smith and Bortles. With Wentz down I can only assume he plays Newton here against the shitty Bucs. Projections actually have Keenum to outscore him by 1 point, but I can't see it. Newton probably wins here, hopefully only narrowly, but we'll see. Cousins is the man who bought us to the dance, but I just can't trust him this week I don't think.

RB- Le'Veon Bell and Todd Gurley Vs Melvin Gordon and Carlos Hyde

One place where my opponent isn't blessed with options is RB as he's largely had to run the same 2 all season, with only James White or a banged up Coleman/Riddick as potential replacements. We meanwhile have a ridiculous set of RBs and despite their horrible match ups these 2 should be 2 of the best. They are projected to hit 50 points Vs roughly 34 for my opponent, but it could easily be even worse than that for him. This could be what tips the match up.

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen and Devin Funchess Vs Julio Jones, Michael Thomas and TY Hilton

This is much closer on paper, although hopefully Funchess can eat into it should Newton go off.... not that that would have worked this week. We lost Devante Adams to injury it seems, but Funchess is ready to step in and replace him. This should be closer than the RB match, but hopefully we can win it, especially if Keenan suits up. If he doesn't we could be in trouble. Easily could see the top 4 WRs in the whole league here.

TE- Hunter Henry Vs Jack Doyle

Doubling up on Colts away at the Ravens isn't probaly ideal for my opponent, but he's struggled with TE all season. So have I to be fair, with Henry cementing himself as my number 1 but being piss poor 50% of the time. Coin flip.

Kicker and DST

Will Lutz and Baltimore/Jacksonville Vs Matt Prater and Kansas City[/B]

My opponent has stuck firmly by Kansas City every week, while I've ended up cutting them in every league I had them in I think. I definitely prefer my options, although I'm bound to get the Ravens/Jags decision wrong. Can I trust the Ravens with a final? Part of me is tempted.... part of me REALLY isn't.

Flex- Mark Ingram and ??? Vs Golden Tate and ???

Ingram is a stud this season and that he has to play in the flex shows how spoilt we are for RBs. The other player is undecided for me, with McKinnon, Jordan Howard and Sanu the likely contenders, although Sterling Shephard is also a big temptation if it's true he won't see Peterson. For my opponent, he played Marquise Lee last week but after his 0 score I can't see him sticking with him. He may look to his bench where he has Riddick, John Brown, Tyrell Williams, Moncrief, Beasley and Fuller. Who knows what he'll do with that.

All told the projections currently have me winning it 198-163 with Howard and Lee in the flex, but this likely gets closer when he replaces Lee. Got a few decisions to make, but I'm hopeful we can land the inaugural title. God knows I fully expect to screw it up somehow though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consolation final. This is what it's all about.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate games like that. You look at your bench and literally every other option would have got you over the line.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Main League- AKA Mahow's Wet Dream Final

QB- Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers/Joe Flacco Vs Drew Brees and Russell Wilson

My opponent went 1-2 for QBs and owns the best pair in the league by far. Mariota being a crock of shit and Luck never coming back left me with Big Ben as my default QB1 and then Rodgers came back after I stashed him in hopes of solving the issue. With Rodgers now likely to sit the final game, I searched high and low for someone to start.... and he was pretty fucking low, let me tell you. If Flacco does start for me and fucks this up.....

WR- Keenan Allen, AJ Green and Marvin Jones Vs Doug Baldwin, TY Hilton and Juju Smith Schuster

Facing Hilton in 2/2 of my main leagues means I could really do with..... The Ravens shutting him down. The Wilson/Baldwin combination is a concern. I've never had great WRs in this league but the fact I found Marvin Jones on free agency in the week where I needed to start 3 free agent WRs is still a bit insane. BIg Ben will cancel out Juju somewhat too.

RBs- Todd Gurley and Mark Ingram Vs Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt

If Kareem Hunt could go back to where he was before the last couple of games, that would be nice. This is closer than I would have liked any RB battle to be given how great my 2 options are.

TE- Kyle Rudolph Vs Evan Engram

Ironically, both TEs were dropped by the other team and scooped up by their current teams. I dropped Engram after his 0, I just couldn't trust him again when he scored 0 in a match where the Giants had no WRs. I regret the drop in hindsight, but have been very happy with Rudolph as a replacement.

Flex- Alex Collins and Steffon Diggs Vs Greg Olsen and Melvin Gordon

We also face Gordon in 2/2 of my main leagues after Dan rode him to victory over me last week..... fun times. Collins should be solid against the Colts but I'm not sure how much I trust Diggs. Like dynasty, my most likely replacements would be Sanu/Shephard, and they are probably much closer to playing for me here than they are in Dynasty. If I could start 4 RBs I would start Dion Lewis over any of them, but unfortunately I can't.

The Rest- Baltimore, Succop, Forbath, Sean Lee, Poyer and Calais Campbell Vs Los Angeles Chargers, Lambo, Gould, Ogletree, Neal and Graham

Who cares? The big difference will hopefully be the Ravens DST wrecking the Colts. Unlike Dynasty there is no chance I play any other DST.

Current projections have him beating me by 3 which will upgrade to 6 if I have to play Flacco. Both teams smashed it last week with me scoring 258 and him scoring 240. He did however outscore me in Week 14 for the first time in ages, putting up 203 to my 198. It's basically a coin flip it seems. Here's hoping....

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for the breakdown of my work league final. I'm looking to defend my title in a rematch from last year and there's the small matter of £100 for the winner.

QB - Russell Wilson vs Aaron Rodgers

This one is very dependant on how Rodgers feels about the Vikings. Sense says sit him now there's nothing to play for, but he got hurt by a Viking early this season and they are a divisional rival looking to use this to gain homefield advantage in the play-offs. I could easily see him playing out of spite to Minnesota. If he does play it's a bit of a coin toss as I expect both guys to hit 20 points or so. I've put in a tactical waiver claim for Bortles, just incase he is tempted to pick up the best option.

RB - Jordan Howard and Kareem Hunt vs Ezekiel Elliott and Melvin Gordon/Alvin Kamara

I'm sitting Shady this week. On the road to a now stingy NE defence, no thanks. You have to ride the hot hand in Hunt in another good looking matchup, while Howards should be close enough to warrant him getting decent touches. I both do and don't envy his choice though. To have to leave one of them out is tough. He did pick Elliott up a few weeks back once he had his bye confirmed, but whichever 2 he plays will be solid at least. I think I'm a fair way behind here.

WR - AJ Green and ? vs Stefon Diggs and Jarvis Landry/Robby Anderson

I'm assuming he'll bench Anderson due to the other 2 having very good matchups. Green should be a decent play(I refuse to trust Evans at this point) but for a 2nd starter I'll be turning to the waiver wire. The 2 names I see there are Robert Woods and Larry Fitz. I've put in a request for both, but for now Fitz has priority due to his strong home form and the Giants having nothing to play for. Should I not get either, it's going to be a bit tricky.

TE - Zach Ertz and Austin Hooper vs Hunter Henry and Charles Clay

Ertz is the only stud of these, but it could all be a toss up after that. Any one of the 3 can catch a TD and be useful, mainly Henry. But the other 3 could just as easily post 1 or 2 points. I think I have the slight edge here.

DST - Ravens vs Saints

This is where it is now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a change. I think I've got the best defence for Championship week that isn't Sacksonville. Watch them fuck me over.

Kicker - Lutz vs Gostkowski

Should be 10+ points for both guys. Saints coach going for it a fair bit on short 4th downs is a bit annoying though.

HC - Jaguars v Eagles

Both teams should win and win well. There's a point limit of 10 points on this position so it might not matter too much, but every point helps.

I'd like to still be in it Monday morning. If there's less than 10 points or so, then maybe Ertz can save the day. Either way this is going to be one nervy weekend.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't play the Saints DST again if they were facing me and you, so yea, I'd assume he'll waiver in a replacement.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He tends to pick his defence up late in the week as a FA. With that in mind I've put in to waiver claim the Bears, so he might not be able to use the tried and tested method of any defence that plays the Browns.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to put in a waiver claim for a TE in case Hunter sits in dynasty as my only back up is OJ Howard. Slim pickings so I need to decide between Jared Cook, Benjamin Watson, Charles Clay, Vernon Davis and Tyler Kroft. Please pull through Hunter....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scheduling really is everything in this game, isn't it? Reading my Play Off recaps I went 3-0 against my main league opponent but would have gone 7-8 if I played them every week. Meanwhile I went 2-1 against my Dynasty opponent but would have been 13-2 if we played every week....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rodgers is out.

Oh dear God.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter too, so it looks like you're going to need that waiver claim. I'd go Watson personally, but Davis has a decent matchup, while Clay & Kroft are probably worth considering too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to start Newton over Watson in TTH for shits and giggles but looking at the projected stats and shit I may hold off.

In other words, expect me to get fourth

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hunter too, so it looks like you're going to need that waiver claim. I'd go Watson personally, but Davis has a decent matchup, while Clay & Kroft are probably worth considering too.
    This sucks so bad.

It's a toss up between Watson and Clay for me. Clay was piss poor last time out against the Patriots but so were all of the Bills. He is seemingly Tyrod's favourite target so I'm leaning that way, but I've got so much invested in the Ravens smashing the Colts that it's almost in the "fuck it" territory of grabbing Watson and going all in. With it being a massive 1.5 PPR though I'll probably have to go Clay as over the last 5 weeks he's drawn 25 targets to Watson's 14 so it seems like a no contest there. Of course, my opponent could grab Clay to try and fuck me over.... we shall see.

I lied though, I do have Ricky Seals-Jones as another back up, and my opponent is a Cardinals season ticket holder..... just imagine I'm not doing it though, he's getting binned off for whoever I can grab.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a good sign that I’ve made 22 waiver claims in championship week, right?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m amazed nobody put a claim in for Martavis. Chiefs were my second claim (well, fourth as the first three were all Bryant), but I’m okay going with Denver or Arizona.

My team is still a sack of shit for this week though I’m almost hoping Amari Cooper plays, which says it all really.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it only from my end or does NFL.com's fantasy website is a bit borked on the add new player section?No matter what i do i only get players alphabetically,not sorted by points.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waivers went as planned and Charles Clay is in for my Dynasty Super Bowl.

My main league projections now have me losing by 12 points despite benching Collins for Lewis which added 2 more to my score. Still torn between those 2 and whether or not to trust Diggs (or go with Sterling). Would love to win both those leagues, but the main one is looking like I have a mountain to climb.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waivers have gone through on both sides and quite annoyingly he's picked up Foles as his QB. That does 2 things. Firstly it nullifies Ertz as a big threat. Secondly it now means I have to be taking a pretty good lead into Monday. He's also dropping Kamara and playing Diggs.

I don't like my chances any more. I'll know how screwed I am by the end of the Ravens game. I really need their defence to show up this week. A switch to the Bears D is considered, but I believe sticking to my guns is best here.
    At RB, I think I'm screwed. Melvin lost his backup so will see all of the ball and Zeke is Zeke.
    At WR it could go either way. Depends on game script really. There is 1 late change I can make however as a grumpy Seahawks owner has dropped Doug Baldwin.

To add a little bit more. This is the end of the 3rd year in this league and I've only ever beaten this guy once. In last years final. I've lost every other matchup. Can lightning strike twice?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 Hours until I have to watch the shitty Ravens and pray they can deliver for me just one time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck @Sir Andy Mahowry

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and @Mert is the game of the week.

Probably basically relying on Todd Gurley again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far this is going shit. Fucking Ravens.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've accepted fourth

It's better than the "El Plebbo".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work Flacco

Now need the Ravens to remember they have a defense.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't those cunt Raven defenders actually catch a sure fire INT but Hilton can catch everything that comes his way?

Going to cost me both leagues at this rate. I knew I shouldn't have trusted them.

Most sacked QB in the league and 3 of the pricks can't take him down in the rain? Fucking garbage.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 picks I could have made myself. That's going to end up costing me a title. I can feel it. Fucking Weddle.

I could do with Diggs getting less than 10 points. But who am I kidding?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main league seems to be gone and dynasty is now 52-48 having started at about 70-30... fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that got decided quickly

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alls I know is it's going to hurt to get to the final and fall short.

I wanted a successful defence of my title

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opponent has made a switch. Out goes Melvin Gordon and in comes Kamara. I personally would have stuck with Gordon knowing Ekeler isn't being used in the offence this week. I'll have to hope for a Mark Ingram game.

This opponent has the midas touch when it comes to me. He'll bring in a player for 1 week who will smash it. He also tends to bench the right guy. The only way I beat him last year was to score the highest that anyone has still managed in our 3 years of this league.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently moderate to heavy snow in Chicago. Shovelling around the field. That's a run heavy game all day surely.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Currently moderate to heavy snow in Chicago. Shovelling around the field. That's a run heavy game all day surely.
    Guess that’s my Kendall Wright play fucked then

I’m all for Ingram dominating today as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's convinced me to firmly have Howard over McCoy this week. Opportunity should be better and they are less likely to fall way behind.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably only be able to see the 9pm games if that

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My late decision is now down to 1 thing. Do I play Austin Hooper as my TE2, or do I get Antonio Gates in, with Henry now out. It's probably the last time you'll be able to play Gates. Though I suppose both guys are really TD dependant.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Gates for nostalgia.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone swap my defences for me, I can’t connect to the app long enough to do it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it. Gates is in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R.I.P to all those facing Gurley.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbymania is running wild once again.

By which I mean I've got Goff and Gurley in and they're making up for the failings on my line-up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynasty- My opponent has an 8 point lead thanks to the late TDs for Anderson and Newton. However he only has Carlos Hyde left to play Vs my DeAndre Hopkins and Le'v Bell tomorrow. Oh, I also have what remains of Gurley, if anything.

Main League- I lead by about 80 points with him having Wilson, Baldwin, Juju, Engram, Lambo, Elliot, Ogletree and Graham Vs my Big Ben, Sean Lee and Calais Campbell. Projections have him reaching 222.37 points meaning I'd only need another 13 points which is easy enough, but I just need to hope none of his players go off big time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st round of games over. State of play:

I lead by 17.1 points. The late pickup of Gates over Hooper is most of that lead. That 17 points is all cushion for now as he has played 1 player more. I'm really going to need that cushion with Zeke about to take the field. I just need him to not go all Todd Gurley on it.

I could use a 20 point game by Wilson and whatever Larry Fitz gives is a bonus. If my luck is in, I go into Monday up 20 or so. If not, then it's not my year.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    R.I.P to all those facing Gurley.
    I'm in two non-TTH finals. I'm playing him in one & I'm facing him in the other