User Tag List

Page 127 of 312 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,350 of 15569

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've become good at beating the teams that we should beat. Next step is to compete with the best.

I'm glad for this reality check now, rather than cruising into the play-offs and coming unstuck. Like Dallas last year. From watching the first half, we seemed to struggle with what we've been doing to other teams. We just could not get to Wilson. It's one thing getting about their O-line but the man is possibly the most illusive QB in the league.

Next week will show us what we need to see. Away to the Rams. Their QB will be easier to get at, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this week went about as well as it could’ve for us. Another Vikings/Saints double next week would be fantastic, and if the Eagles & Rams can find a way to tie their game that would probably be the best result imaginable for us.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There goes McAdoo, to the shock of no one.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry Reese too. Peyton to take over please

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inevitable but strange timing.

Let him continue to tank so you get a nice draft pick.

Spags might be able to win 1 or 2.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 game for Gronkowski.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really shouldn't work that way, suspensions shouldn't count when he's injured.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of his own medicine for Burfict

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...%2F682%2F&_rdr

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JuJu is now my favourite non-Eagle just for that hit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, fully deserved after all the shit Burfict has pulled.

Knew it would take a Steeler to do something like that to him though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick'em results time, and for the second week in a row the winner nailed multiple positional picks.

@Sir Andy Mahowry - 27pts
    Me - 21pts
    @Pleb - 20pts
    @Limoutsonik - 19pts
    @Gray Fox - 16pts
    @Browning - 12pts

'how coming through with the double on Kelce & Kamara, as well as getting the lone wolf pick on Dallas. I came second mainly by getting Fournette almost spot on, although I also lone wolfed the 49ers. Pleb & Gray Fox were the only ones to get both parts of the Eagles/Seahawks game right, although Limoutsonik did get the over/under. Browning also played.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need to know which teams are going to win in order to destroy everyone in the fantasy league.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As we head towards the playoffs there are some very significant games this week, with both teams from last week's GotW having games worth considering again this week. In the end, though, I've gone for the Mahow special.

Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts.

Eagles v Rams
    Seahawks v Jaguars
    Saints v Falcons
    Vikings v Panthers
    Raiders v Chiefs
    Broncos v Jets
    Patriots v Dolphins
    Buccaneers v Lions
    49ers v Texans
    Bengals v Bears
    Colts v Bills
    Giants v Cowboys
    Packers v Browns
    Titans v Cardinals
    Chargers v Redskins

#1 QB:
    #1 RB:
    #1 WR:
    #1 TE:
    #1 DST:

JUSTIN TUCKER will score:

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts. Could we be witnessing the triumphant return of play off Joe?Jury is still out plus Steelers have more potent offensive weapons.Over 39,5 points and a Steeler win.

Eagles v Rams=Now that's interesting.After an insipid performance against my Hawks,i don't think the Eagles are that invincible. I am gonna go against the grain and say Rams win.
    Seahawks v Jaguars=Another interesting matchup,mainly because the Jags haven't faced the most elusive QB in the game.Bortles to have a shitter so Hawks win.
    Saints v Falcons=Falcons might be picking steam but Saints aren't missing a beat behind Kamara. Saints win.
    Vikings v Panthers=Keenum keeps his hot streak and Newton throws another fit.'Vikes.
    Raiders v Chiefs=Chiefs only because Raiders cannot force any turnovers.
    Broncos v Jets=Josh McCown for MVP. Jets easy.
    Patriots v Dolphins=Blowout. Pats win.
    Buccaneers v Lions=Lions bounce back,Jamies eats another L.
    49ers v Texans=Garoppolo is Jesus? 49ers win.
    Bengals v Bears=3rd times is the charm,Jordan Howard returns to form. Bears.
    Colts v Bills=T.Y Hilton to post #1 stats. Colts win.
    Giants v Cowboys= Cowgirls win.
    Packers v Browns=Packers win even though Josh Gordon might go off.
    Titans v Cardinals=Titans' exotic smashmouth offense improves to 9-4.
    Chargers v Redskins=Bolts for AFC's biggest underdog?Cousins goes off again but Bolts's pass rush and WRs make the difference.

#1 QB:Russell Wilson
    #1 RB:Fournette
    #1 WR: T.Y Hilton
    #1 TE:Kelce
    #1 DST:Packers

JUSTIN TUCKER will score:13 points.

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5? Over.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry will be happy.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GAME OF THE WEEK: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts - A Sunday Night shitefest. This can only go one way. Flacco will probably have a meltdown knowing him.

(Thursday Night) Saints v Falcons - This is going to get messy. Brace yourselves Dan I'm backing your team again #shockhorror
    Eagles v Rams - Coin toss.
    Seahawks v Jaguars - Rape.
    Vikings v Panthers - Fuck you Cam Newton.
    Raiders v Chiefs - The fuckup continues.
    Broncos v Jets - This one is proper filthy.
    Buccaneers v Lions - Garbage.
    49ers v Texans - Next.
    Bengals v Bears - Garbage.
    Colts v Bills - This can only end in tears.
    Giants v Cowboys - The Giants are proper dead now surely?
    Packers v Browns - You know something is completely wrong when your backing a garbage team such as the Browns have been this season. Garbage.
    Titans v Cardinals - Woof.
    Chargers v Redskins - Kirk Cousins doesn't like this pick. Protential blowout.
    (Monday Night) Patriots v Dolphins - Don't bother turning up Miami. Rape.

#1 QB: Tom Brady
    #1 RB: Jordon Howard
    #1 WR: Doug Baldwin
    #1 TE: Jimmy Graham
    #1 DST: New England Pats.

JUSTIN TUCKER will score: 8 points

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5? - Bodies will be everywhere. Expect it to be about roughly 5-7 players.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sashi's gone, Hue's staying.

Here come the Manning boys

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts. - I think this will be another low scoring, fiery affair, but I'm pretty sure I set this 5pts too low Gonna take a shot at the under anyway, despite it being a 24-17 type game in my head.

Eagles v Rams - This should be good, and there's the obvious WENTZ V GOFF narrative to chuck in too, but I fancy the Eagles DEF to make the difference.
    Seahawks v Jaguars - That Jags DEF should tear holes in the Seattle O-Line, and even Russell can't dodge four guys at once, surely?
    Saints v Falcons - Julio should do well against our gammy CBs, but much like the Carolina game I think we have just enough to edge it.
    Vikings v Panthers - Minnesota might well be the #1 seed in the NFC by the end of the season. They should dominate Cam.
    Raiders v Chiefs - Fuck I don't know, they're both trash. Chiefs have more weapons I guess, but this could be ugly.
    Broncos v Jets- A few weeks ago I said Oakland was quietly the worst team in the league. Right division, wrong team. Denver are somehow even worse.
    Patriots v Dolphins - Of course.
    Buccaneers v Lions - If Stafford plays I'll change my pick, but for now we'll let Jameis eat.
    49ers v Texans - I want the Niners to win, but I have a hunch Houston will show up this week.
    Bengals v Bears - Should be low scoring, but the Cincy DEF will shut down Chicago. Please unleash Gio.
    Colts v Bills - This deserves to be played in an empty stadium with no cameras. I might go Bills if Tyrod plays, but we'll see.
    Giants v Cowboys - Giant to continue their ultimate clusterfuck of a season by winning their way to a worse draft pick.
    Packers v Browns - Didn't I say I wasn't going to make this mistake again?
    Titans v Cardinals - Blaine Train boys
    Chargers v Redskins - Remember when the Chargers were going to finish last in the AFC West? They might be the only decent team in that division now.

#1 QB: Tom Brady - Everyone's allowed a few Brady picks a season.
    #1 RB: LeSean McCoy - I had to make myself not pick a Saints guy, but it's a shitty week for RBs. Shady might be Buffalo's whole offence though...
    #1 WR: DeAndre Hopkins - I just fancy him to go mental this week.
    #1 TE: Jack Doyle - Indy only have two competent receivers, and when he's going well he gets peppered with the ball, so why not?
    #1 DST: Bengals - Not many great options, but Chicago could easily end up in single digits.

JUSTIN TUCKER will score: 17pts - I had the Ravens scoring around 17pts. Three Tucker FGs (one from over 50) & one TD gives them 16 & him 17, so that's good enough for me.

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5? There's almost always a dodgy hit somewhere & that's when it all kicks off. We're also overdue for some injured Ravens, so watch out Alex Collins.

---

Still need picks from @Sir Andy Mahowry, @Browning & @Gray Fox from the regulars, even if it's only TNF for now.

Nevermind, 'how posted his while i was typing

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts - Doesn't help that Jimmy 'Antonio Brown is in his pocket' Smith is out but I think our pass rush is going to have a BIG game as will Collins. I'm expecting a 20-17 affair or something similar.

Eagles v Rams - I keep changing my mind over this one but I think the Rams will have just enough.
    Seahawks v Jaguars - This is the type of game that people will hype Sacksonville a lot over only for them to narrowly lose. Russ is playing lights out this year and will escape the sacks.
    Saints v Falcons - Alvin Kamara will have a field day.
    Vikings v Panthers - Panthers just don't have enough on either side to stop the Vikings.
    Raiders v Chiefs - I want to say the Raiders but I think the Chiefs will finally get out of the slump in a HUGE divisional game.
    Broncos v Jets - Chimpman is one of, if not the worst the QB in the league. They'll get rolled over by the Jets.
    Patriots v Dolphins - Patriots near the end of season against the Dolphins? Stick your house on it
    Buccaneers v Lions - Stafford will win it.
    49ers v Texans - Clowney is going to go out hard and Savage will try to lose it but Hopkins will catch enough.
    Bengals v Bears - The Bengals are a bad team but they've beaten all the shit that has come in front of them.
    Colts v Bills - I feel like they're going to lean on Shady a lot.
    Giants v Cowboys - Brother Eli wont have any fun trying to start THE STREAK back up. Dak will finally be able to find some joy in a game without 'Zeke.
    Packers v Browns - Jamal Williams will win the game for them.
    Titans v Cardinals - I have a feeling that the Cardinals will manage to squeeze out a win.
    Chargers v Redskins - I feel that the Chargers aren't as good as people are starting to believe and feel that the pressure will make them crack.

#1 QB: Brady
    #1 RB: Kamara
    #1 WR: Hopkins
    #1 TE: Kelce
    #1 DST: Jets

JUSTIN TUCKER will score: 11 points

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5? No ejections but I'm expecting a few injuries.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm disgusted with your Tucker projection, to be honest. I was expecting at least 20pts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to give him more but I feel that's the way the game will go.

2 PATs and a 50 yarder and 40 yarder.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 10pts, is it not? Or have I not noticed that we do 4pts for 40 yarders all season?

10 yard carry on a fake kick is also worth considering, I guess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our fantasy league it's 4 for 40 yarders, that's what I'm basing it from.

Anyway, all you lot are fools for not picking us. We have the AFC defensive player of the (last) week in Eric Weddle and there's also this:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saints tonight I guess. Could easily be wrong.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on the Falcons game Dan?

I just want you boys to twat them.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely hadn't realised it was 4pts for a 40 yarder I should probably add an extra point to my Tucker projection, but I'm already way above everyone else so I'll leave it where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Thoughts on the Falcons game Dan?

I just want you boys to twat them.
    I think it'll be a game with lots of yards, but not as many points as you'd expect. Julio should have a decent game, with potential for some real danger if Lattimore sits,, and I'd expect both Freeman & Coleman to do okay, but I don't feel like we're going to get destroyed by their offence. I'm thinking 6 catches, 70 yards for Julio, and roughly the same amount of rushing yards for Freeman. Coleman will probably be lower, but has the potential to break one for a big chuck if he keeps going up against our linebackers. Hooper's got the feel of a 2 catches for 8 yards & a TD type game, and Matt Ryan will probably end up around where he usually has this season - 280 yards, 2:1 kinda stuff.

On the other side I think Brees will end up with similar numbers to Ryan, with Michael Thomas having the same type of game he's had all year - a quiet 7 catches, 70 yards type of stat line. Ingram sounds like he's going to play, which is great because I don't think Alvin would be as good if he had to be the featured back. It's a nice matchup for him, but I would imagine the Falcons make the effort to try to take him away a bit, so while I reckon he'll still make plays I'm not sure he'll have the kind of insane numbers he's been putting up lately. I kinda fancy this to be an Ingram game if he's fit enough, but if he's playing a lesser role I'd expect us to throw a bit more rather than give Alvin 20 carries.

Andrus Peat being out might take a little bit of the upside away, but Senio Kelemete has been playing well when he's had to step in. We're fucked if anyone else goes out on the line though, as our depth beyond Kelemete is shite, and if it comes down to kickers I fancy Bryant over Will Lutz, although I think they could both see a lot of use.

I've got it down as a 30-24 game, although I do kind of fancy it to come down to a field goal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts. Steelers in a tough defensive game. Only just too. The Ravens missed the play-offs last year by an Antonio Brown arm length so I expect them to bring A game. However Big Ben > Flacco. I'll go for under.

Eagles v Rams - Rams to take this I feel. We've had an easy schedule til now. If we can get to Goff I could maybe see it changing, but the Rams are no mugs.
    Seahawks v Jaguars - Hawks to win. Jags offence is stuttering and the best QB in the league is coming to town. Letting him have the ball a lot is a big problem.
    Saints v Falcons - Falcons. Saints offence is better and they are much more enjoyable to watch and root for, but the Falcons have the better defence.
    Vikings v Panthers - Vikings. Cam Newton is not a top QB.
    Raiders v Chiefs - This is surely the Chiefs chance to click back into gear. Chiefs.
    Broncos v Jets - Jets. The QB merry-go-around is becoming a joke for Denver.
    Patriots v Dolphins - Pats by about 30.
    Buccaneers v Lions - Famous Jamies has been nothing short of awful all year. I wouldn't be shocked to see them draft another QB(though more likely in 2019). Lions take this if Stafford plays.
    49ers v Texans - 49ers. I like Jimmy G and have this as my sneaky upset of the week.
    Bengals v Bears - Bengals. They have the slimmest of hopes left, while Chicago just need to find the right groove for their QB going into next year.
    Colts v Bills - This matchup has pain all over it for everyone. I'll go Bills but, ouch.
    Giants v Cowboys - Eli returns victorious. Giants.
    Packers v Browns - Browns. The hype train of Rodgers returning derails with one loss. I think they take their eye off the ball.
    Titans v Cardinals - Titans win to keep moving to the play-offs.
    Chargers v Redskins - Chargers. They are on a roll now.

#1 QB: Brady
    #1 RB: Lev Bell
    #1 WR: Josh Gordon
    #1 TE: Engram
    #1 DST: Patriots

JUSTIN TUCKER will score: 9 points

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5. Under. Ravens play right side of the line, unlike the Bengals who are dirty as fuck.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shit

Losing isn’t too bad as long as we win the return game, but losing Alvin could be a problem. At least we’ve got lots of time before the next game, I guess.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame the game ended the way it did. Brees with probably his only bad throw of the night. Then bad luck not recovering the late fumble and then the penalty on the bench compounds it all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good #1 RB pick mate

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...seys-first-day

John Dorsey has cut Kenny Britt on his first day which is a great move. Fuck knows why they gave him a 4 year, $32.5m contract.

He only managed over 1000 yards (barely) in one season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party but just watching the steelers bengals game. Shazier injury looked nasty. He's a bit of a monster though and seems to have been tackling like that for years. Hope he recovers (and by that I mean not paralysed would be a good start) but did not look good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had to have spinal stabilisation surgery, I have no idea what it is but it sounds horrible.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like he'll be lucky if he walks properly again.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched Last Chance U on Netlix? I've just blitzed both seasons in the last week or so & it's great, although it's changing schools for the next season so it'll be interesting to see how that affects the show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Series 1 was way better than series 2 and it'll be so much worse without the shameful lustage of the schools player help lady.

The coach was a total dick too, and the QB coach left to go to Florida Atlantic (I think) with Lane Kiffin.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brittany's the real star of the show, everything else is just context for how amazing she is. Her relationship with Ronald in particular shone through the first series.

De'Andre Johnson & Dakota Allen come across amazingly as guys who've done something awful in their past but have been able to come through it & grow into great role models. On the other side, Isaiah Wright & his brother were arrested recently in connection with a fatal stabbing. Kam, meanwhile, is the least likeable person in the whole series for me - he just comes across as a lazy, disrespectful, arrogant, entitled cunt for most of the series.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Brittany's the real star of the show, everything else is just context for how amazing she is. Her relationship with Ronald in particular shone through the first series.

De'Andre Johnson & Dakota Allen come across amazingly as guys who've done something awful in their past but have been able to come through it & grow into great role models. On the other side, Isaiah Wright & his brother were arrested recently in connection with a fatal stabbing. Kam, meanwhile, is the least likeable person in the whole series for me - he just comes across as a lazy, disrespectful, arrogant, entitled cunt for most of the series.
    Dakota Allen smashed it at Texas Tech again this year and got into the AP All Big 12 second team. He's only a junior too, so could return next year too.

Chauncey Rivers was academically ineligible at Miss State this year too, so he might well have fucked his chances there as they apparently loaded up on Juco Players last year.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathan Peterman is back!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pickterman

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colts DST start of the week

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game of the Week: Ravens v Steelers. Over/under 39.5pts.- Steelers, Over

Eagles v Rams- Rams, the Eagles only beat shit and the Rams are not shit.
    Seahawks v Jaguars- Seahawks, if the Cards can beat them this won't be hard.
    Saints v Falcons- Already picked Saints....
    Vikings v Panthers- Vikings. Fuck the Panthers.
    Raiders v Chiefs- Raiders, the Chiefs will conspire to find a way to lose yet again.
    Broncos v Jets- Jets, in a real shit match.
    Patriots v Dolphins- Patriots
    Buccaneers v Lions- Lions
    49ers v Texans- Ugh... another Broncos/Jets. Texans.
    Bengals v Bears- Bengals
    Colts v Bills- Another match between 2 horrible teams. Colts.
    Giants v Cowboys- Cowboys.
    Packers v Browns- Packers
    Titans v Cardinals- Titans
    Chargers v Redskins- Tough one here. One more shit week from Cousins before he leads me through the Fantasy Play Offs. Chargers win.

#1 QB: Tom Brady
    #1 RB: Todd Gurley
    #1 WR: Michael Crabtree
    #1 TE: Kelce
    #1 DST: Jaguars

JUSTIN TUCKER will score: Who cares? Ravens aren't fantay relevant. 12 Points.

And this week's novelty bonus question...Ejections/injuries/fines resulting from the Ravens/Steelers game. Over/under 2.5?- Over if we're counting injuries, of course. It's the Ravens, they'll have 3 injuries by the time the 2nd play is run.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Stafford will play so I'm changing my pick to the Lions. I'm also changing my QB pick to Alex Smith since five of us have picked Tom Brady

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colts are wearing white too

That game is somehow going to be even shitter than first thought.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be a 0-0.

It's just snow.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of coverage was that by Cleveland?