User Tag List

Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Ian this was our semi-final last season...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Golden Tate scores less than 8 points when he faces the Packers,i am looking at 11 wins out of my 12 teams

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Top 3 all looking likely to lose will close this all up nicely. Unfortunately by losing this week I believe @Baz is officially eliminated from play-off contention. New guy needs 17 points or else he's a gonner too. Assuming Prater doesn't kick 20 points worth through this loss pushes @Mert to the brink. One more and he's gone. Mahow has him next week too... I think he'll enjoy that.

Then it gets very interesting. 2nd to 7th will be covered by 2 wins. With 4 weeks to go, it can go anywhere. At this point I'll bring up last years final table. We look like we could be in for similar drama.

Last year @bruhnaldo and also @Ian made it on the final day, with a narrow win, while Mahow fell at the last hurdle with @Browning dealing the killing blow. Ian did go all the way to the Championship game however, so it shows just making the play-offs is crucial.
    Look at @Pleb

I’ll bite your hand off if you can guarantee me 10-3 again this year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there ever been a scientific study to prove Mert's theory btw?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've realised I'm piss poor at picking Linebackers in my main league, this has been my season so far:

Week 9: Telvin Smith- 3.5 points, his worst since week 1.
    Week 8: Lavonte David- 3 points, his worst game of the year.
    Week 7: Ryan Shazier- 6.5 points, better than he managed week 6 but piss poor compared to weeks 3-5
    Week 6: Ryan Shazier- 4 points, easily his worst score of the season
    Week 5: Ryan Shazier- 10 points- acceptable
    Week 4: Jatavis Brown- 4.5 points, even worse...
    Week 3: Jatavis Brown- 8 points, his worst of the season to that point.
    Week 2: Kwon Alexander- 4.5 points, shit.
    Week 1: Bobby Wagner- 8 points- alright but not great.

10 points is sort of the bench mark for an acceptable/good week, so I've hit that one time. Everyone I pick up goes from storming it to fucking shit.

The temptation now is to cut Smith for Martinez of the Packers, but the knowledge he'll get 2 tackles next week if I do means I'll probably just stick.

Luckily it's not a vital position, but it would help if I could get someone good. Luckily Tyvon Branch at Safety and Campbell at DE seem to be amazing options.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DBs let me down this week and offence.

LBs are still going mad, especially in the mental league.

29 for Wesley Woodyard, 17 for Mosley, 15 for Buchanon and 8 for 'Peanut'.

In my other it was 18 for Dansby, 15 for Mosley and 16 for Mark Barron.

Go for LBs who rack up lots of tackles. They're easy for a LB to get (MLBs at least) as they'll get points quickly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm been basically picking up who had the most Average Tackles in the league to that point, but it seems people just disappear when I add them. David for example had 14 and 15 points the 2 weeks before I grabbed him, then puts up 3...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think you've been pretty unlucky there. As you've got good fantasy scoring LBs.

Probably under a gypsy curse for speaking badly about CJ 'Highest scoring LB this season thus far' Mosley.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Mosley gets dropped this week as he's on bye and the team that has him also has a Kicker and Khalil Mack on bye and currently doesn't even have a safety.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all goes as expected tonight, my calculations have the table looking like this:

Dan 7-2
    Mahow 6-3
    - - - - - -
    Me 6-3
    Fay 6-3
    Pleb 6-3
    Gray Fox 5-4
    - - - - - - - -
    Ian 4-5
    Mert 2-7
    Sam 2-7
    Baz 1-8

Which would mean Baz isn't quite out of it, but would need a miracle to make it from there. He faces Sam next week so he could well delay the inevitable (but even with a win he would need GF to lose to Pleb) but it's looking increasingly unlikely he will make it.

Dan still needs to get 1 win and Ian to lose to confirm his place.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I remember I had 2 players playing on Monday Night who needed something stupid like half a point to end your season, and I considered benching them because Ian was a bigger threat than you. I didn't in the end and Ian beat me the next week.
    Leaving spots empty to guarantee a win is a dickhead move, Browning , so you got the moral victory.

Is there a way to actually force that to not happen? I guess not, but I wish there was.

I think I actually lost a really close game in my other league a few years ago when I had a slim lead with some arsehole running back still to play and then basically the only thing he did was lost a fumble and cost me the game. Still glad I didn't bench him for some fresh air though.

Speaking of Ian this was our semi-final last season...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Has there ever been a scientific study to prove Mert's theory btw?
    What was it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming the theory is his team name (from last year).

The only way if for me to put the players in if someone tries to do it.

More I look at it, more I think I may miss out on the Play offs due to having the hardest possible second games while Ian faces all the eliminated people.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 3 all looking likely to lose will close this all up nicely. Unfortunately by losing this week I believe @Baz is officially eliminated from play-off contention. New guy needs 17 points or else he's a gonner too. Assuming Prater doesn't kick 20 points worth through this loss pushes @Mert to the brink. One more and he's gone. Mahow has him next week too... I think he'll enjoy that.

Then it gets very interesting. 2nd to 7th will be covered by 2 wins. With 4 weeks to go, it can go anywhere. At this point I'll bring up last years final table. We look like we could be in for similar drama.

Last year @bruhnaldo and also @Ian made it on the final day, with a narrow win, while Mahow fell at the last hurdle with @Browning dealing the killing blow. Ian did go all the way to the Championship game however, so it shows just making the play-offs is crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Look at @Pleb

I’ll bite your hand off if you can guarantee me 10-3 again this year.
    Didn't I lose the "El Plebbo" last place championship match by about .3 or something stupid as that last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    If all goes as expected tonight, my calculations have the table looking like this:

Dan 7-2
    Mahow 6-3
    - - - - - -
    Me 6-3
    Fay 6-3
    Pleb 6-3
    Gray Fox 5-4
    - - - - - - - -
    Ian 4-5
    Mert 2-7
    Sam 2-7
    Baz 1-8

Which would mean Baz isn't quite out of it, but would need a miracle to make it from there. He faces Sam next week so he could well delay the inevitable (but even with a win he would need GF to lose to Pleb) but it's looking increasingly unlikely he will make it.

Dan still needs to get 1 win and Ian to lose to confirm his place.
    Going 6-3 would be proper dirty

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can now reveal that I purposely lost the match this week as I want Ian into the playoffs.

I did it for memories of Brecht.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, me too.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. Can start winning now the table is exactly as I’d planned.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbymania will be running wild from here on in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pleb yes you did. I've not seen a closer finish than this in fantasy...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a game in one of my leagues (thankfully not involved me) that was separated by 0.02 points and the winner changed on stat corrections.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is your winner gentlemen, a glorious win of mine many moons ago. Maybe not winner given the stat corrections in the above Browning story to add to the gloriousness, but this is at least a tie with that I'd say.

Please also note from the results that I was 7-7....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit Green Bay

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Sam's failure to make up the gap last night (no idea how that happened) in fact leaves the table like this:

Dan 7-2
    Me 7-2
    - - - - - -
    Mahow 6-3
    Fay 6-3
    Pleb 6-3
    Gray Fox 5-4
    - - - - - - - -
    Ian 4-5
    Mert 2-7
    Baz 1-8
    Sam 1-8

Whoever loses Baz Vs Sam will be officially eliminated from contention. A Sam win basically eliminates both of them, as even if Sam won all 4 games and GF lost all 4, he would still need to make up a lot of points to make the play offs.

At the other end, the winner of Me Vs Dan will be in 1st place, and will qualify for the Play Offs officially if Ian loses. An Ian win over Fay would be massive either way, as if GF also loses Ian will catch up to him and be only outside the play offs on points scored. Even if GF wins, an Ian win would mean that Ian is only 1 game behind GF, Pleb and Fay and he will be guaranteed a shot to catch up when GF faces Fay in week 12, presuming he can keep winning.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at my main league draft and it really was a tale of 2 halves:
    Beckham, Green, Gurley, Crowell, Allen, Luck, Reed, Big Ben, Montgomery, Diggs, Mariota, Ingram

Obviously there are some in there I wouldn't take again, such as Crowell, but for the most part apart from injuries to Beckham, Luck and Montgomery ruining their seasons, I think that's strong. Not too many regrets (Mariota was my keeper so I didn't go insane leaving him that late in a 2QB).

Then the 2nd half....

Tyrell Williams (cut ages ago and no one has touched him), JJ Watt (injured but was shit before that too), Kenny Britt (enough said), Cheifs DST (Still own them but tend to stream as I don't trust them), Frank Gore (long gone), Mason Crosby (shit even for a kicker, long gone), Corey Davis (unlucky he wasn't a hit, but long gone), Eric Ebron (who?), Pats DST (long gone), Lacy (Cut ages ago, thought he was a potential bargain at the time) and then my IDP players and 2nd Kicker. Horrifically bad draft there. No idea why I was happy with it at the time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug Martin for CJ Anderson I see. Pretty good play as his value should rise when famous Jamies comes back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Let's not run when we have Hundley, that's how we win. Dickheads.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julio Jones dropping that catch is the difference. He catches that and Browning loses.

#BlameJulio

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dynasty league was on a lot more than expected last night. I randomly woke up at 4am and checked what was going on and Stafford was in the red zone. Had he capped that drive with a TD my opponent would have only needed 5 more points from Stafford (and you get 0.5 for a completion) to win it, but that was unlikely as they would have surely run the clock out if they got the ball back. As it was, they kicked a field goal and we won, but we were the 2nd highest scorers of the week and our opponent was 3rd. It wasn't easy but we saw it out and now we have our elite 5 RBs back.... McKinnon likely to sit somehow

Main league, Marvin Jones being bat shit stopped me Vs my opponent being the battle of the 2 shittest teams of the week. As it was I was the 5th highest scorer of 8 teams, so getting a win isn't that unusual. We move to 3rd spot (leap frogging Fay and my opponent) but our grip on a play off place isn't strong. Fay and 2 other teams are only 1 game behind me and he's scored more points than me. Meanwhile my opponent that I just beat is only behind me on points scored. We go up against the team in 2nd too, and really need to pull off the upset.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug Martin for CJ Anderson I see. Pretty good play as his value should rise when famous Jamies comes back.
    I just can’t trust C.J. anymore. No doubt he’ll run wild now, and I still think he has potential to, but that offence is garbage & he’s splitting three ways. Martin hasn’t been great, but I don’t think he’ll be splitting as much, even after last week, and they should have a nicer schedule rest of season.

I’m feeling the pressure, so I’ve thrown out quite a few offers before the deadline - I’m considering throwing out a trade offer involving Kareem too

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rivers against Sacksonville,McCown against Tampa or Eli against 49ers?Which one do i go with?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send in McCown.

I've just gone through my leagues and sorted out waivers. My 4th league my team is so strong that I'm not adding anyone. Really I should drop Deshaun Watson but given he was drafted so late I'm not letting him go become someone else's keeper. Other than that I have no one to drop so we'll make do.

One league (the auto draft league of shit) I've put in a bunch of waiver claims as there's a lot of talent out there. Stafford or McCown are my main targets as Carr is on bye and Mariota I don't fancy in that match up. I've also got claims in for Jack Doyle, Robbie Anderson and Robert Woods but only one will be added as they're all dropping the same player.

In Dynasty I am contemplating putting in a claim for McCown as it's either him or Tyrod this week. Usually Tyrod would be a no brainer but The Saints actually seem to have a defense this season and the Bucs do not. That said given I'm top of the waivers (by which I mean 5th... but only the 3 below me actually seem to use them) I may just save it, get McCown from FA if I can and if not ride with Tyrod. Either way it'll be Hooper who gets canned. I'm sick of him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 logo Equable Rogues 7-2-0 1062.96 919.34 L-1 2 21
    2 logo Golden Grahams 7-2-0 1019.18 971.54 W-5 8 20
    3 logo Magic Mike XXL Evans 6-3-0 1022.80 940.38 L-1 7 16
    4 logo BiLOL Powell 6-3-0 1005.92 837.06 W-2 3 38
    5 logo Believe In Plobs 6-3-0 921.44 879.12 W-4 6 21
    6 logo Agholorious Basterds 5-4-0 1062.98 959.52 W-1 9 17

Ignore the horrible formatting from copying and pasting, but fucking hell at the bold bit (points scored).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I saw that earlier

I only scored 75pts this week, or else I’d be well clear. Think I was the highest scoring team by a bit last year too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got let off there with winning against Mert.

Shame my schedule is a bit tight heading into the play-offs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I demand the table be ordered by points scored!

Ajayi was dropped in my other league by a salty Dolphins fan. Unfortunately I'm high on points scored there too, so I was 2nd to last on waivers(resetting every week is annoying). Someone else has obviously taken him and straight offered me him for Russell Wilson. I was happy with Lemar Miller but then Watson died. He's got a lot less room to operate now. Also my Eagles fan in me wants Ajayi.

I'm not sure if the Eagles fan in me is clouding my vision.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All things being equal I’d rather have Wilson, but it depends what your depth is like at both positions.

I only noticed yesterday how weirdly Ajayi runs. That knee injury definitely fucked him pretty badly - he’s not exactly explosive in the open field either. He looks like a Paralympic sprinter with an outdated prosthetic trying to get to the endzone.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Matt Stafford as my other QB, but Miller is my RB3 now.

I also have no desire to play Keenan Allen away to Sacksonville. The following are the options left to replace him: Richardson, Lockett(@ Arizona), Sanu(Dallas), Watkins, Woods, Kupp(Houston), Kelvin Benjamin(NO) and Kearse(@ TB). Of that I'm thinking the best options are probably Kupp, Richardson or Benjamin.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kearse has a decent shot at a TD, as does Sammy, who’s probably the highest upside play of the lot.

Not sure what to think of Benjamin in the new system yet, especially when he’s going against Lattimore & Crawley, although Tyrod could make some plays by running around a lot.

Watkins > Kupp > Benjamin, Sanu & Richardson > Kearse & Lockett for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in that match up Allen would start over most of those if it’s PPR

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palpatine's Punishers added Matt Prater K - det and dropped Will Fuller WR - hou

Second in the waivers, ffs. Hopefully the dick in first doesn't put a claim in.

Edit: He's never fucking changed his line up, he's mine

Edit: Fuck, I was looking at the wrong page. No moves for a week though :\

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times do you reckon Tom Savage, TJ Yates & Josh Johnson would be able to hit Will Fuller on a deep ball if all three of them got to throw at the same time for the rest of the season?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So jelly.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Fuller in two leagues. I'm considering trading him in the Yahoo one, and using him as a matchup based FLEX in dynasty - this week he's probably going to end up on my bench behind guys like Corey Davis & Cooper Kupp.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2 keeper league and it gives me a trading option:

Dropping Rudolph for him if it goes through.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Alvin Kamara is your first keeper, obviously, but yeah, Fuller's a nice option if you can have him next year when he has a QB that can actually throw the ball to him again.

I love making trade offers to Mert

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we reckon Benjamin coming in finishes Clay off in terms of relevance? I’m considering dropping Clay for Marquise Lee which would leave me with Hunter, Howard and Cook as my dynasty TEs.

Edit- just realised why I haven’t done it yet... Clay’s play off schedule is amazing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bills have one of the best schedules from now til the end of season. Think Oakland & the Giants have it alright too, from what I can remember.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week is a good week for my QBs. I have Wilson at Arizona or Stafford v Cleveland. I keep switching who I'm playing over and over. Stafford is obviously playing the Browns, but I can't help but feel Seahawks defence will shred Stanton.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, on the other hand, have Wentz on bye & Jameis injured, so I’ve had to pick up Josh McCown

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weeks matchup:

This guy is an odd one. He has made one single change to his lineup and one waiver claim all season. However he's still 2nd in my division, mainly due to Gurley early in the season.

I'm thinking of tactically playing Stafford to cover off Golden Tate on his side, but I'm hoping he doesn't make any changes. Earlier in the week I saw Ertz was still listed as out, so brought in James quickly and put Ertz in IR. Now he's back down to questionable I can't make any roster moves. I'd have to play 1TE this week if I wanted to.