User Tag List

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smashed it.
    I'm a twit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some going, that.

Moment of pride at Liverpool.

Lost a star in his potential however.

Oof.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a horrible cunt. I knew I was right.

£1.4M a month...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played, @Giggles. That's among the highest points totals I've seen. Are you not tempted to start another save rather than stop playing this version?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my best run ever with lack of injuries. Only Colidio missed much time (4 months) but Tarashaj has been a brilliant cover up front.

I should really start a game but I found on FM16 that I never settled on a new one once I had a long term one on the go. I have continued a bit in this one though and have gone into the next season. Good few youngsters brought in or kept at the club like Cresswell and have let the likes of Boufal, Sterling, Witsel, Jonny, and Teodorczyk go as their contracts were up which has seriously reduced the wage bill by around 800,000 a week. Might see can I revamp with some youngsters from my own squad (though I did sign two players already).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22/23

I've improved both league position and performances in every single season, so after a comfortable mid-table finish and a handsome £70m in the WARCHEST I was of course made favourite to get relegated

Continuing the constant theme of returning to past loves, Alexander-Arnold and Dozzell were made permanent, Ryan Kent and Jodi Jones also returned to give me a handy selection of lightweight flaky wingers

Season went better than expected, with a very early flirtation with the top followed by a brief dip and then hovering between 6th-9th all season before coasting in to 8th with an arseload of draws

Star men were Beverly Hills Cop's Axel Tuanzebe who was made captain, and Ryan Kent who was the most sturdy winger at the 25 game mark

Even more shocking than Coventry City doing well at football was Gael Bigirimana missing out on the Player of the Year award, breaking his 17-season streak

In good news for Bigi, the people still love him. Bad news is he gets no Juicy shirt sale moneys

Progress over the years. To continue the pattern might have to mean equalling our best-ever league finish of sixth place, which was followed by a Fairs Cup campaign that saw Bayern Munich vanquished at Highfield Road in 1970, with nobody talking about the second leg

Speaking of the Fairs Cup, a week after the league had wrapped up Man City won the FA Cup which was a welcome surprise/a needless distraction

With super hard Brexit triggered, the fixture congestion won't be helped by the waiting times in all those non-EU passport queues

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been following close enough to make sure you made a Bergirimania joke. So I'm just putting it out there.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

lol?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is his contract over, like next week or something?

I know it's not as I see the expiry date there so christ knows what is going on with that bid.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking the Miki.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise that full Brexit also got rid of Bosman's.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bosman ruling was EU Court wasn't it?

We can't be having any rules that were made by those pesky Europeans.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happened in one of my games and I was wondering why. Players three months out of contract being worth half a million etc.

Fucking love Brexit, hope I happen upon a mega hard UKIP cock in one of my saves on this version as they'll probably have made it sensible by next year.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my only save, so I was a little pissed off. Will make it more interesting, I guess.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Giggles - I'm very intrigured by your tactic. Can you tell me a little more on how it works out when you play? (ovbiously well, but isn't it too narrow even for this version? how does most of your goals come? through balls to the strikers or crosses from fullbacks?) .

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    @Giggles - I'm very intrigured by your tactic. Can you tell me a little more on how it works out when you play? (ovbiously well, but isn't it too narrow even for this version? how does most of your goals come? through balls to the strikers or crosses from fullbacks?) .
    It's the 4-3-3 that DS posted before but I just pulled one player from each of the 3 lines to make another line of 2. Didn't change any of the instructions. Most assists come from the deeper of the two strikers or my fullbacks.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Bosman ruling was EU Court wasn't it?

We can't be having any rules that were made by those pesky Europeans.
    The Bosman ruling and free movement of players within the EU was all wrapped up under the same legal challenge.

Quite amusing to think that football ever thought they'd be immune to it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    That happened in one of my games and I was wondering why. Players three months out of contract being worth half a million etc.
    How does it work then? Do they just get freed but you need to pay the club when you pick them up? Or are they still with the club but can't play until a contract is signed?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically everything we know about contract expiry goes out the window. The player stays with the club until an agreement is reached with another club for their transfer, or the player is released on a free. I think they can play for the original club in the mean time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried multi-quoting my posts but it doesn't seem to be working.

A decade on.

Toggle Spoiler

Quite pleased with that. Adding Yasin Ozer to the strikeforce had to be done.

Also, backroom staff.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £320m in one summer.

I genuinely don't think I've spent that much in all saves combined over the last three releases.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have high hopes for that window as most of them are young and impressive enough. I'm hoping that the big buys become few and far between in the future seasons.

Aims now are simply to dominate for a while then see where we end up.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the former players you've got in actually good at their jobs?
    I'm a twit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God no. Harry Kewell and Ledley King are perhaps the best but that's no surprise given how much study time both will have had over the years.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one implementing wingers?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romih and Jung-Won look shit hot Smiff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Am I the only one implementing wingers?
    I haven't had a great deal of success in doing so which is a shame as a large amount of my intakes have been SC/AMR's.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Romih and Jung-Won look shit hot Smiff.
    Jung-Won is going to have problems given Zimmer has a good 5/6 years left in him but he did cost £66M so I may try and recoup some if Lee develops well enough.

I'm hoping we're at the point now where only small changes are needed each summer.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Smiffy, you blast through the saves like ain't nobody's business! Your strikers are quite godly.

Meanwhile, I'm sat here on my first save just in 2020. Report coming up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's taken exactly a week to complete a decade which isn't that bad considering.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    This is my only save, so I was a little pissed off. Will make it more interesting, I guess.
    I'd say it'll make your save definitely more interesting. I posted this a few weeks a go or so, but work permits got scrapped again after five seasons or so after a vote about it where I got to use Bolton's vote.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    It's taken exactly a week to complete a decade which isn't that bad considering.

That's roughly the same as 25 working weeks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I waited nearly two months for my DBS to be processed but aye, that's quite excessive albeit not all played obviously.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019/2020 Man United Season Report

Leading up to the season I did some serious trimming of my squad. To the point where I ended up with a squad that was actually way too thin, which left me a bit fucked when I got the inevitable cascade of injuries in November. Here was the main business before and during the season:

Toggle Spoiler

Sanches kind of completed my midfield in that I now probably own the 3 or 4 best central, allround midfielders in the world. The only one who can really rival Pogba, Neves, Bazooer and Sanches is Verratti, and maybe Weigl from Dortmund.

That said, a few injuries and I was a bit borked. So I got this kid in in January, who looks shit hot:

Joost van der Vlist
    Toggle Spoiler

I'm training him as a Roaming Playmaker, as that seems to be the closest to the complete midfielder type you get. He's more flairful than powerhouse, so I've stuck him on some extra tackling traning. If it just goes up to 13 or maybe 14 I'll be happy.

As for the season itself:

Premier League:
    Comfortable winners

Griezmann started the season amazingly, but then sort of faded a bit and "only" ended up second top scorer (on 25 goals) after Luciano Vietto who plays for Liverpool (27 goals). All in all, Griezmann scored 42 goals in 49 appearances over the season, which is definitely OK, but not quite Zlatan levels.

Champions League:
    Winners, after this nervy final...

Here, Griezmann definitelly excelled, with 17 goals scored in total. Barcelona were still outstanding, still mainly thanks to the unstoppable Messi and Suarez (more so than Neymar for some reason). But I managed to thwart them in the Semis this year, which was a nice revenge from the final loss last season.

As for the kids, this one is mainly what's keeping me at United now (I keep thinking I should find another club to manage soon now that Zlatan is gone, I'd like a bit of a new project actually).

Daniel Dionisi

Toggle Spoiler

Now, he's developing nicely but since I'm not playing with AMC's, and since he's more suited as a Striker anyway in my opinion, I play him as that, usually as the outer striker in the front 3, and I'm training him as a Complete Forward. But even though he's played 37 games in the striker position this season, and scored 17 goals and 14 assists, he's still only "Accomplished" as a striker.

How long can it take for a player to be "Natural" in a position?

Zvonomir Gacesa

Toggle Spoiler

This guy is already a bit of a star, he already seems to play better than Luke Shaw. Still seems to have some more development to do as well

Apart from that, Jonathan Tah is a fucking beast. He was my top rated player. Which is saying quite a lot, when playing with such an offensive tactic and high defensive line, really. Here are the main stats:

Next season plans:
    Get another good defender in, as Fosu-Mensah doesn't really cut it. I've got my eyes on Aymeric Laporte and Jose Gimenez, both whom would cost around 60 Million I think. Though, I'd prefer getting someone young in, and also id would be nice to find some good English players (there is a huge draught on English talent at the moment in my save).

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put 410 hours into this version (more like 300-350 if you don't count it idling in the background) and bored now, done all I wanted to. I applaud your dedication Smiff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some right cracking saves tbh. When I log into the image site I use there's a stream of reminders but as far as newgens go this is my best save so far. I wish I had loaded more countries but it doesn't seem to have affected too much. I want to see what I can do with Pilkington and Hunter too. I think both have potential to be record breakers at the club.

Long term aims now are relatively simple. Overtake Man United's 24 league titles (we're on 22) as well as FA Cup , overtake Real Madrid in Europe, it's currently 12 v 8 to them and honours, we're six behind whiilst hoping to further extend our record in the EFL cup. Along the way I'm hoping we can beat a few of our preset records most notably most wins in a season which stands at 30 (1978/79) and I don't think it's too far fetched to expect to beat the 11-0 win over Stromsgodset at some point too.

He's definitely on course to beat Roger Hunt. 143 in 228 thus far but that's just league goals. Overall he's at 230 in 341 games.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maz - did Zlatan become a coach or anything?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Hunter is worse. I'm sure he's a bit...inbred.

It's amazing what money can do for ones appearance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, number 1?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, he overtook Mignolet midway through 2018/2019. 525 appearances now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may or may not have forgotten that he was a goalkeeper :\

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a tendency to get Hunter, Harker and Harper mixed up tbf. One was a keeper, one a striker and the other only left in the summer after just six games in 11 years for us....has over 200 career games just off loans though.

Be warned spoiler is massive
    Toggle Spoiler

Don't mind me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glorious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the image was loading I expected that to be the new stadium. Tasty though.

I've received an early Christmas present ready for the inevitable collapse of December.

Toggle Spoiler

Gay.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1000 hours is 6 full weeks and the game has only been out for like 10 .

Is this all you do?!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Maz - did Zlatan become a coach or anything?
    He did, yeah. He's a bit shit, though. I'd sign him anyway, but my coach team is full (I'm only allowed 10 and they won't allow anymore, which is retarded because I can splash cash on pretty much anything else).

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ended up with 5 good centre backs as I bought one off Leeds that I didn't need but couldn't resist, and Denis Suarez my best attacking midfielder has got injured so I'm now all aboard the 5-3-2 train.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Alena on loan in my first season and just extended it for another two. What a player

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's never hit the heights of the first loan season with me since I signed him permanently. I do rotate him in and out a fair bit though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He scores some lovely goals sweeper in with his left.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not been bad by any means, but if I've a big game then Keita and Carvalho (or Hojberg before him) start. He'll probably see more time now I've 3 across the middle though. I trained him as a DM too if I'm using a formation that needs one and Keita is injured.