User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,301 to 1,335 of 1335

Thread: TTH WEREWOLF House of Cards - The Rise of Burnham

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, Jay Demerit is a footballer too? Then who was the person who had Dion Dublin as their avatar?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #bestwolf

#alsoworstwolf

also i provided absolutely zero help or input to any of my teammates

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vim was Murdoch too

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god damn it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people didn't have/figure out the anagram, I'd have made it even clearer that I was Murdoch and had investigated Panda. Surviving that lynch was integral to the town win I guess.

Thanks for the game Merse, I enjoyed it especialy in the last few rounds when it was more pure werewolf.

I've gt a good idea for a theme to do in a while, but I gotta see if I have enough time to do write-ups in the evening. With a Monday-Thursday schedule I should be able to.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really, really, really didn't make sense not to double kill Vim when the chance was there. Those few rounds were a real disaster for the wolf team.

Good game though. Probably a bit too stilted in the town's favour, although the wolves didn't help themselves. I mean, what was Jimmy doing? Thinking about it, had he done that, and then they'd forgone their night kill (without us knowing) they could have really run rings around the town for a few rounds. I reckon the different rules mechanisms definitely make it more interesting as a plain villager, but are probably less welcome for role holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I enjoyed being a semi-seer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor was sturgeon? Fucking hell...

Great game though, enjoyed it a lot. Thanks Merse.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    It really, really, really didn't make sense not to double kill Vim when the chance was there. Those few rounds were a real disaster for the wolf team.

Good game though. Probably a bit too stilted in the town's favour, although the wolves didn't help themselves. I mean, what was Jimmy doing? Thinking about it, had he done that, and then they'd forgone their night kill (without us knowing) they could have really run rings around the town for a few rounds. I reckon the different rules mechanisms definitely make it more interesting as a plain villager, but are probably less welcome for role holders.
    The Wolves fucked it a bit and the Town role players got either very lucky with their investigations and sniper kill or were brilliantly played (I'd actually tend toward the latter).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and P.s. - Farage's win objective was for Burnham to survive with 3 or less friends remaining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got that Igor was Sturgeon, but apparently for completely the wrong reasons. I thought it was because along with Manos and Jimmy he was the only person to have voted for or nominated Pepe.

I feel bad about letting Mahow die. I justified it by saying Cameron would've pursued self-preservation at all costs, and I always planned to only save myself or Sturgeon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think the anagram was too much of a giveaway with the village already in a strong position. I understand it is hard to come up with cryptic clues so I wouldn't have criticised much, but I'm surprised you felt the need to actively even things up that way.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letting Mahow die had to be done. There was a point where I wanted to point out Boris dying was probably our best outcome as friends of Corbynn were running low. We are lucky the town never lynched Igor. You have to figure with him being "safe" Panda would have offed him sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's been mentioned yet but in the early stages when the original wolves were exchanging PMs we realized that Magic had inadvertently copied Hammer into the conversations. So fair play to him for not ruining the game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew, what a relief. Panda was pretty much up against it in the end, so kudos to him for doing so well in covering his tracks and making an effort. If it wasn't for the clue we'd have eventually stumbled upon him, by which time he'd have probably won it already. The new rule did make it trickier for the wolves but a couple of abstentions from a night kill could have put them in good stead. It felt good to be right about Niko and Browning being innocents by analysing voting patterns, but a big disappointment for hitting SvN.

Good game everyone. Brilliant effort for organising the whole thing Merse.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I do think the anagram was too much of a giveaway with the village already in a strong position. I understand it is hard to come up with cryptic clues so I wouldn't have criticised much, but I'm surprised you felt the need to actively even things up that way.
    To be honest it was also a reaction to a lack of activity. Things had slowed down so I thought it might be that it was missed.
    Initially I came up a lot more cryptic an answer which was an anagram of 'panda bear and Toby', then eventually settled on something more obvious. If I were to do it again I think I'd have gone with the with that as the chance that Cameron would also be offed would offset Panda's danger.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Letting Mahow die had to be done. There was a point where I wanted to point out Boris dying was probably our best outcome as friends of Corbynn were running low. We are lucky the town never lynched Igor. You have to figure with him being "safe" Panda would have offed him sooner rather than later.

Igor was also lucky to die at my hands with inactivity. Had he been any other character, it would have happened.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I don't think it's been mentioned yet but in the early stages when the original wolves were exchanging PMs we realized that Magic had inadvertently copied Hammer into the conversations. So fair play to him for not ruining the game.
    I wondered if something like that triggered him giving up - odd for a wolf to resign their post given how much fun it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It didn't have to be. My role was more of a chaotic neutral and not specifically linked to the town. I toyed with the idea of saving him and trying to have us both get to the end, but it didn't seem plausible, especially because as you say he was a prime target for flushing out Burnham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    To be honest it was also a reaction to a lack of activity. Things had slowed down so I thought it might be that it was missed.
    Initially I came up a lot more cryptic an answer which was an anagram of 'panda bear and Toby', then eventually settled on something more obvious. If I were to do it again I think I'd have gone with the with that as the chance that Cameron would also be offed would offset Panda's danger.
    That wouldn't really have made a difference when people knew I was innocent. Panda might have lived long enough to target me once, but I'd have protected myself and he wouldn't have managed another go.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this was inevitable.

Magic completely fucked us early by CCing in Hammer in our PM's, which meant we HAD to kill him asap, and couldn't play it cool the first round (we needed the kill). Then, Hammer was bloody resurrected the round after, so we HAD to kill him again, which meant the same procedure - we basically had to expose Burnham early (it would have likely been a better strategy to abstain from kills for a while).

After that, Magic proceeded to basically out himself as a wolf in some other thread, after he promptly had decided to leave the game, which eventually got Matt killed

At that point we were pretty much already fucked. Panda strolling in and voting for me for no apparent reason when me and Vim were pretty much 50-50 was the nail in the coffin really.

Fair play to @Toby and @niko_cee and @Pepe who I thought played the game particularly well this time around.

Also thanks @The Merse for the game, understanding the rules was a little difficult but once you did, I felt it was a particularly interesting setup, compared to the last one I played (which admittedly was ages ago and more basic). I think the game was actually quite balanced - the wolves just got fucked from the off.

I also think future games should have a limit of how many times you may abstain from voting, do it more than once and get killed, or something like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Well this was inevitable.

Magic completely fucked us early by CCing in Hammer in our PM's, which meant we HAD to kill him asap, and couldn't play it cool the first round (we needed the kill). Then, Hammer was bloody resurrected the round after, so we HAD to kill him again, which meant the same procedure - we basically had to expose Burnham early (it would have likely been a better strategy to abstain from kills for a while).
    He was comfortably village killed both times, wasn't he? The wolves' first round was seriously bad, I have no idea why you not only used the kill but used it on Matt.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Burnham role made it very difficult for us and indeed meant that the town were always going to win unless they were absolutely useless. You can't, as wolves, just not kill people, or the game will drag out forever and the seer will have plenty of time do you in even if luck doesn't. At least two of the subsequent Burnhams went on to do exactly the same as me because they had no other option.

I'd go as far as to say the wolves had almost no chance of victory from the start.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right actually. We talked about killing him but never needed to, but we had to make sure he got lynched both times, which means a whole bunch of us voting for him.

Killing Matt was really fucking stupid and a result of poor communication and a last-minute decision, I think, so we can't blame Magic fot that one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it was mismatched, but I see no logic at all for killing Matt - it only served to reduce the shortlist. You were probably dead by that point whatever, I guess.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Matt thing was poor communication. I suggested it right at the start of the round before the dividing up thing happened, and then none of us ever bothered to think about it.

7om thought I could save myself but I thought going down with all hands would be easier to protect the others in future rounds - but in reality the Burnham role constantly transferring meant we needed a massive amount of luck and town/seer incompetence regardless.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The Burnham role made it very difficult for us and indeed meant that the town were always going to win unless they were absolutely useless. You can't, as wolves, just not kill people, or the game will drag out forever and the seer will have plenty of time do you in even if luck doesn't. At least two of the subsequent Burnhams went on to do exactly the same as me because they had no other option.

I'd go as far as to say the wolves had almost no chance of victory from the start.
    I dunno, I think we could have played an interesting game with abstaining from kills and doing them a little randomly, had we had a better start.

That said, the fact that Corbyn was "protected" even when we knew who he was meant that he could be really, really obvious about who he was - as he was always going to die as soon as we could kill him - and thus basically just "declare" some people safe.

Byron did a decent job of that, mind you, as we could have - and probably should have - tried to orchestrate a lynch of him. Although that would have been really hard as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come you guys went for Byron? Just a random stab in the dark or did he give himself away somehow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I think for next game I might try host a Robert's Rebellion themed game. That's an event in the lore of A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, when Robert becacme King you know ... that way there are no spoilers for the books since it happened before.

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game was over the night we lost Maz. We had a plan in place at that point, then In a tight vote, panda who we hadn't heard from appeared and was almost the deciding vote in killing Maz

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post

It had to have some balancing in the towns favour when the Wolves only needed to off half the town (1/3 of non-wolves) and then two others.

As it is, the town played very well and wolves fucked up massively on two occasions yet Panda wasn't that far off - I thought it also gave the Wolves opportunity for subterfuge.

It's proven some things work and some don't - the main thing was that introducing some rules around voting for the wolves meant that only one random kill really occurred and people like @Toby, @Panda Bear and @Mahow (and probably yourself had that last minute vote not made you stick out) weren't offed based on their past games early on - that was really why I wanted to play with the rules, to keep up engagement and give people something to discuss and vote/nominate on, and also keep the wolves active as well and discussing strategy.

I think that in that respect, it worked. It would need fine tuning to balance it right, but should I do another I think similar mechanisms would be employed to attempt to affect the game positively again.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    Okay I think for next game I might try host a Robert's Rebellion themed game. That's an event in the lore of A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, when Robert becacme King you know ... that way there are no spoilers for the books since it happened before.
    That was the other theme I was playing with -well, The Court of the Mad King I was going to go for - but I needed to read up more for it, so kept in the locker for another time.

Would love to see you give it a go man

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    Good theme. I'd like to see GS get his ASOIAF game off the ground as I think it would be spectacular, but if not I'm happy enough with this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good theme. I'd like to see GS get his ASOIAF game off the ground as I think it would be spectacular, but if not I'm happy enough with this.
    I first read that as ASIWYFA - the commonly used abbreviation for Ulster instrumentalist mentalists And So I Watch You From Afar and thought 'strange' followed by 'awesome' followed 'hang on'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    That was the other theme I was playing with -well, The Court of the Mad King I was going to go for - but I needed to read up more for it, so kept in the locker for another time.

Would love to see you give it a go man
    I'm very familiar with the subject so it would be fun. I think I'd have the 'good guys' be the wolves ie the rebels (Eddard, Robert) as the wolves.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of loved Panda to vote and nominate me there last round