User Tag List

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi [HERE THERE BE SPOILERS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had very mixed feelings on this one. I'll be honest, about an hour and a half in I was sat there thinking "they've fucked this up completely", but then there's a great hour or so at the end that sort of pulls in back around, mainly involving cool action set-pieces.

Some of the dialogue in it was really bad though, by which I mainly mean the awful, shoehorned-in attempts at humour that they apparently felt the need to constantly inject into it. Poe Dameron prank calling a Star Destroyer as a diversion, Rey telling an unnecessarily-shirtless Kylo Ren to put some clothes on and Luke Skywalker brushing his fucking shoulder off are the main offenders that spring to mind at the moment, but there were definitely others. It really ruined the tone of the film.

The whole thing with Leia being blown off the bridge, actually into out-of-space, and then force-magicking her way back into the ship and surviving was probably the worst single thing about it though. When that happened I actually thought "right, she obviously died mid-way through filming and this was the only way they could salvage the story". I expected her to be in a coma for the rest of the movie, coming round right at the end for a brief, CGI-rendered emotional word with Luke before she died. I couldn't fucking believe it when she was up, walking round and part of the plot again.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leia not being dead really was weird. What are they going to do with her from here?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Some of the dialogue in it was really bad though, by which I mainly mean the awful, shoehorned-in attempts at humour that they apparently felt the need to constantly inject into it. Poe Dameron prank calling a Star Destroyer as a diversion,
    The prank call of the star destroyer felt really out of place.

It felt like a very different attempt at humour and there was another line that felt like that. Probably "chrome dome."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The prank call of the star destroyer felt really out of place.
    That felt like Guardians of the Galaxy