User Tag List

Thread: [Football] Midweek Fixtures - Champions League & Europa League 2nd Rounds (20-22 Feb)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mistake.

I disagree on that if you mean generally and not tonight specifically. At his best he's great drifting around and getting involved in all of their decent moves. Didn't do anything tonight, when any of Lingard/Martial/Rashford might have worked better.

Agreed about the attack as a whole. It seems their play is dictated pretty much solely by whatever lineup is chosen that week, whereas the other top teams have a defined and practiced way of playing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I disagree on that if you mean generally and not tonight specifically. At his best he's great drifting around and getting involved in all of their decent moves.
    If we had a great attacking full-back on the right, this might work. But we don't and it doesn't. Honestly our attack looks sooooo shit, the shape CLEARLY isn't working. Even those few games early in the season where we won 4-1, we scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes when the opposition collapsed.