User Tag List

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do SI even put this stuff in the game?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye its bollocks. Had a keeper on one game be at fault for three goals conceded then after the match his agent asked the same thing.

Its only going to continue to be weighed down by such shite until they build a new engine, rather than just adding shit to the old, creaking effort.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will they ever build a new engine again? Why would they bother.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Will they ever build a new engine again? Why would they bother.
    I know, but eventually it'll have to happen. Game has so many flaws on release these days its just gonna get worse as the years go on.

But it'll still sell by the cuntload and they'll keep their head in the sand ignoring actual problems with the game.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must put far more into marketing these days than they put into the actual game.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they still get all precious of anyone has any criticism whatsoever?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the mods on the SI Forums are still absolute septics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quicker on the trigger than I ever was too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barrie McKay is an absolute child this year. We were getting tanked 3-0 away to Hearts at half time so I told the side they weren't close to good enough and he 'looked confused and demotivated', then there he was in the press after the game moaning that I was a wanker. He's comfortably the best player on the books but he'll be getting sold if that's a regular thing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main striker out for 5-6 weeks too

Had gone 53 without losing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like every one of my Celtic league games ever. The oppo goal is always an unstoppable howitzer as well from their only breakaway.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two days off so I should finally get back underway with Liverpool although I'm in two minds now whether to continue dominating or seek a new challenge?

I'd be heading into my 16th season having surpassed Bill Shankly's 783 matches in 14Y7M but Tom Watson's record as longest-serving manager is a realistic target given that's only 18Y262M. I might go at the end of the season if we can claim a 7th successive Champions League title which will see us pass Real Madrid's total of 12.

I really don't know now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    ]img]robbery[/img]

Main striker out for 5-6 weeks too

Had gone 53 without losing.
    The longest unbeaten run I've managed in my save is 41 games and that's stood for the past seven years. I always cock up against someone irrespective of how good my own squad is and right now it's a ten times better than those who set the record initally.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    My FFP projection is going mental.

It keeps switching from making £20m profit by the end of the period to losing £110m.
    The finances just seem to work out as a world unto themselves. In my last season of my game as I was getting bored I decided to destroy Liverpool to keep myself amused. Ended up relegating them with a committed wage spend of €11m a week for the next 3 years but just before they were about to go into admin and fail FFP they magically got €180m in 'sponsorship' in a week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My A to Z.

A is for Anfield.

After over 130+ years as the home of Liverpool, Anfield finally closed its doors for good albeit in typical Merseyside fashion. It was a 1-0 defeat to relegated West Bromwich Albion the last game of the season. Standard form.

B is for Bekkerbraten.

At £120M he remains the most expensive player in Liverpool's history although it was still money well spent. After gracing the Premier League once before with Tottenham the talented Norwegian returned to the shores with a point to prove after it was suggested he was phoning it in, in Ligue 1. 200 goals in 241 appearances and an instrumental part in claiming five successive Premier League titles, five European Cup's, he and finally completing his set last season with both the EFL and FA Cup medals meaning he's claimed all there is in England.

C is for Coutinho and Can.

When Lucas Leiva and Dejan Lovren left Anfield in the 2016 no one was overly bothered. Leiva had been a long time servant, Lovren had been a long time disaster but when the following summer saw departures of Emre Can to Bayern Munich and the jewel in our crown leave for rivals Tottenham, all hell loose. After almost a decade at Spurs, Coutinho who by then had long since started his decline as a footballer took himself to the MLS where he enjoyed an Indian summer of sorts. The Brazilian is currently awaiting for an opportunity in management whilst Emre Can opted for a stint in Qatar.

D is for Dalglish Stadium

In 2026 the club arrived at its new stadium, something Liverpool had been craving for as long as I can remember. At 76,000 it remains one of the most modern stadiums in the country and indeed in the biggest.

E is for Everton

Our Merseyside neighbours had spent the past ten years toiling in the EFL Championship which from a personal perspective was disappointing as there's nothing like a good olde derby. As it is in 15 years we've faced off just 14 times and only once have we come unstuck. A record of P14, W13, D0, L1, F44, A9 is just too big a beating stick to slap 'em with.

F is for Fenway Sports Group.

They came, they saw, the delivered. In 2025 John Henry finally past the club over to a new consortium. Liverpool looked down and out when FSG first arrived amid the turmoil the club had experienced under both Hicks and Gillet but over the years they proved themselves to be the best thing to arrive at Anfield in many a year. Success, consistency and the brand spanking new stadium are all hallmarks left by the Americans who really served the club well.

G is for Gavin Pilkinton

Toggle Spoiler

H is for...

Shall I continue or shut up?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    The longest unbeaten run I've managed in my save is 41 games and that's stood for the past seven years. I always cock up against someone irrespective of how good my own squad is and right now it's a ten times better than those who set the record initally.

That's league, I was so gutted that I didn't make it to 100.

In all games my best is 55 on the save.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    The finances just seem to work out as a world unto themselves. In my last season of my game as I was getting bored I decided to destroy Liverpool to keep myself amused. Ended up relegating them with a committed wage spend of €11m a week for the next 3 years but just before they were about to go into admin and fail FFP they magically got €180m in 'sponsorship' in a week.
    I was £3.7m in the red a few seasons ago but my board gave me a transfer budget of £104m which I still don't understand.

Currently have £56m in the bank with a projected balance of -£674m in a couple of seasons (lol) and projected to fail the FFP. Despite all that I have a transfer budget of £505m with £1.4m p/w in wages free. Madness.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think financial projections assume you'll spend your transfer budget.

I turned first window budgets off in this new Rangers game so it's taken until February for anything really bonkers to happen, but the Chinese have just taken some uncapped Brazilian twat and given him £210,000 a week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't see that coming.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a bit fed up of my Sporting Gijon save for a few reasons.

1) I've got about 10 leagues loaded on view only which is slowing processing down tremendously
    2) I can't be fucked scouting & buying players (I normally do youth only)

With that in mind, does anyone have any decent recommendations for clubs for a youth only save? I was considering the likes of Benfica, Dortmund, Boca etc but ideally I want a bit more of a challenge than that. One of the big things about a youth only save for me is getting your prospects international recognition which would come fairly easily with a half decent season at clubs like that (indeed most of their youths will probably be involved in youth internationals to begin with)

I'd like it to be one of the bigger national teams and a league with a good challenge so ideally I'm gravitating towards Spain, France, Germany, Italy (not England, cant be fucked with that). So far I've come up with:

Atalanta
    Stuttgart
    1860 Munich
    Auxerre
    Strasbourg

Anyone any suggestions outside that or recommendations from the above?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auxerre is the one that immediately came to mind, or St.Pauli if you don't mind your screen being the colour of poo.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always fancied a go as St Etienne or Toulouse, mainly because they have nice colours.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I always fancied a go as St Etienne or Toulouse, mainly because they have nice colours.
    Because I play on text commentary (apart from big games when I remind myself how bad the 2D engine is), this is a massive thing for me. White on black is a total no go. Red on white isn't great either. How Mahow plays his game with gold on black is anyone's guess.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna give this another go. Kind of hoping I'll get an offer from some other club, as I need something new to motivate me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL just noticed as I got into my game that Bazooer, who I finally sold to Bayern for 85M after him moaning that his 200k/week deal was too bad for ages, is now on a 160k/week wage. How is this hard to fix?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Auxerre is the one that immediately came to mind, or St.Pauli if you don't mind your screen being the colour of poo.
    Cheers. I've discounted 1860 and Strasbourg for no discernible reason so might load it up tonight and see who has the best prospects/facilities and go from there.

Funny you mention St Pauli as I was sifting through the SI forums for ideas and found this sheer and utter fuckery:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/...g-to-st-pauli/

It's like something Smiffy would do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Cheers. I've discounted 1860 and Strasbourg for no discernible reason so might load it up tonight and see who has the best prospects/facilities and go from there.
    Stuttgart are always a great shout for youth only saves. Plus, Germany is great.

This is easily my best result on this save so far:

Milik is unreal. Paid £19.5m for him in January as my strikers weren't up to scratch, and he's currently sitting on 16 in 7, after 1 in 11 in the first half of the season at Napoli.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post

Funny you mention St Pauli as I was sifting through the SI forums for ideas and found this sheer and utter fuckery:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/...g-to-st-pauli/

It's like something Smiffy would do.
    That guy sounds like someone a secret service might want to look into.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    LOL just noticed as I got into my game that Bazooer, who I finally sold to Bayern for 85M after him moaning that his 200k/week deal was too bad for ages, is now on a 160k/week wage. How is this hard to fix?
    Does that need fixing? Players lie all the time. Maybe he wanted to move to a more prestigious club.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd View Post
    Stuttgart are always a great shout for youth only saves. Plus, Germany is great.

This is easily my best result on this save so far:

Milik is unreal. Paid £19.5m for him in January as my strikers weren't up to scratch, and he's currently sitting on 16 in 7, after 1 in 11 in the first half of the season at Napoli.
    I've went for Stuttgart actually. Spent last night setting everything up and it's looking promising.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atalanta are my first choice for my next game too. I've parked the Beograd save for now thank to that strange value balls up, but I'm less than a season into a Rangers save and I'm already bored of faffing around in the transfer market so I'll definitely be going back to academy only next.

Would anyone be interested in doing one of those 'succession' games the FM sections used to have running at all times for a while on the old board?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Does that need fixing? Players lie all the time. Maybe he wanted to move to a more prestigious club.
    Well, my Club (Man Utd) is currently more reputed than Bayern. Premier League higher reputation than Bundesliga.
    So that doesn't really stick either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really slowing down now with my game, I'm not even sure where I am in the season but it's taken the longest to get through so far. Once I get to a point where the team is largely regens it starts to wane.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Well, my Club (Man Utd) is currently more reputed than Bayern. Premier League higher reputation than Bundesliga.
    So that doesn't really stick either.
    Tevez claimed to be homesick when he was leaving Man City then tipped up at Juventus. It's not as if players bullshitting to get away from a club they want to leave is without precedent in reality. Maybe Munich is marked as a more attractive city in the game than Manchester and he wanted more money to live in a shithole than he wanted to live somewhere better, maybe he has a preference for Bayern or Germany that isn't high enough to show up in his profile but still factors into decision making, maybe he had a growing dislike for your management style that chased him out. There are a billion things wrong with the game that need fixed, but what you're describing isn't really one of them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Atalanta are my first choice for my next game too. I've parked the Beograd save for now thank to that strange value balls up, but I'm less than a season into a Rangers save and I'm already bored of faffing around in the transfer market so I'll definitely be going back to academy only next.

Would anyone be interested in doing one of those 'succession' games the FM sections used to have running at all times for a while on the old board?
    I probably would have been interested 24 hours ago but I don't like playing more than one save at a time, knocks me out my stride a bit.

Atalanta do look really promising, I ended up between them and Stuttgart but ended up going with Stuttgart because they have marginally better facilities, youth recruitment and a B team. Does anyone know how promotion works for a B team if they aren't in a playable league? Is it totally randomised or do I assume that by putting my best young players in there then naturally that team will become favourites in their league and hopefully get promoted sooner rather than later?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've broken the game. Bottom of the table after 6 games and then we've basically lolled our way to the title.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top summer. Sturaro and Ranocchia signed for peanuts. Dembele tied down for a further four years. £26m spent on THE next big thing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left Southampton in my game and holidayed for a few years (bar about a month at Barcelona) while I kept at my pet project of ruining Liverpool. It's now 2028, project is over, and Man U have finally got shot of Mourinho so I'm back in the game

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2023/24

Went backwards in the league, finished 10th. Like last season, would have to rely on cup results to reach Europe, this time my own. Almost got there via the League Cup, but Man Utd beat me every time so it wasn't worth showing up

Europa League was the main focus, which aren't words often said. A tough group was surprisingly comfortable with only a defeat at Lazio stopping me from pipping them

The knockout draw was Valencia. Squeaked a 1-0 at home which didn't bode well for the away leg, then something weird happened

That was it. The almost-best that Spain, Portugal and David Moyes could throw at us, cast aside

It was only after winning it that I realised it meant Champions League qualification, so I'll stick with it at least another season. Brexit makes it less fun.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blinding advice for FM, I'll pass that onto my head of sports science.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exact same bid EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

Same one they've made every few days throughout the month too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    Do cost projections include TV and match revenues or competition prize money?

As for Jose Ramon, I'd make that kid into high-pressurising complete forward. He could be a 15+ in all the right spots.

Panda

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got around to buying and starting this last night. I am managing Hungerford FC, newly promoted to the National League South and widely expected to go down this year. Not on my watch, cunto's. Won our first game 3-4. #Swag

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool FC - Season 2031/2032

Summary

The decision to go a fourth successive year without investment proved costly as we were dumped out of the Champions League at the group stage, suffered an embarrassing defeat to Brazilian club Corinthians in the FIFA Club World Cup as well as losing the Europa League final to Tottenham who we had beat in this very same fixture eight years earlier. We had knocked Man United out in the semi's, just as we did in the EFL Cup before going on to beat Chelsea in the final. In the FA Cupit was Man United who eliminated up on their way to face Chelsea in the final. We won the Community Shield and the Super Cup but they're two shit competitions, really.

The front three again hitting good numbers.

Danny Hughes with a career best.

Having been at the club for 16 years we've managed to claim 9 Premier League titles, 7 Champions Leagues, 5 FIFA World Cups, 6 Super Cups, 4 Fa Cups, 3 EFL Cups, 9 Community Shields and a solitary Europa League victory. Not too sure which way to go. I've just had youth facilities downgraded but the board don't believe there's much point in investing. We have a transfer budget of £600M and some huge earners nearing the end of their contracts.

We have a number of players the wrong side of 30 now and most are first team regulars.

Is it time to let them go? I would save £1.8M a week if I did...

Toggle Spoiler

Such rude health.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to begin the cycle over again now Smiff. The guys who have a year left, keep them around to tutor the youngsters you'll have coming in. Alternatively sell the 30/31 year olds. In FM terms they are probably at their peak of value, reputation and CA about then. So you'll be able to sell them for daft money, just you might not be able to get much back in sell on %

It's probably a little too late for Oxford and Trent, but they should have great mentals by now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having massive crash dump problems at the moment. Does anyone know why it happens?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had loads when the game was first released, but they seem to have all but stopped since the various patches.

Not a massive help I know.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to happen to me during a period of intense processing so I'll try dumping the regen faces and such (not too much of a visual hardship it must be said) which tend to take ages to load.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to check in every once in a while to see how it's going. Not really sustainable when propping up the Vanrama

There's one guy about to go over the €1m a week wages in the summer.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there was a feature where a club could go out of business and just get permanently deleted from the save.