User Tag List

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH WEREWOLF House of Cards - The Rise of Burnham

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    If there is a tie both die. But keeping things close to narrow the Burnham field doesn't mean you have to have an absolutely even split. Just keep clear of landslides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    If it is done completely evenly yes. The idea would be to not to do that.

With five nominees it should be quite simple to have a "winning" total of seven or eight.

Ah right, gotcha.
    What would happen if someone fails to vote?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's technically no rule against it, which seems like an oversight, since if we wanted to be dicks we could just have a pact that no villagers would vote at all...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, let's add it in now to prevent that happening. No idea if Merse was bluffing or not - it came across as a genuine tactical move to me, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's technically no rule against it, which seems like an oversight, since if we wanted to be dicks we could just have a pact that no villagers would vote at all...
    Doing that would invoke a narrators wrath.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Okay, let's add it in now to prevent that happening. No idea if Merse was bluffing or not - it came across as a genuine tactical move to me, but I could be wrong.
    He's been told that was too overt one way or the other. Cast it from the mind and play on.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not overly sold on any of the seconded nominees so far, at least they seem to be people who are posting.

I nominate Matt (first nomination)

Must be about the only person to have said nothing at all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Matt (second nomination, first nomination by Niko Cee)

Yeah, get rid of the quiet lot first, that'll ensure Burnham and the wolves can't hide in the shadows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Matt on the old board?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember him then.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Browning (second nomination)

Just to get another name on the ballot, since the spreading out strategy seems bang on. Unless we're right mugs we should get a wolf in the first 2-3 rounds.

mss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not really a lot to say is there

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merse, I don't quite understand this bit in the rules:

The Allies of Burnham will win by offing Corbyn, but can only do so once they have crushed his powerbase. Once a night they can elect to kill a player, but they cannot kill Corbyn until seven or less of his friends remain. Nonetheless, should they elect to eliminate him before then, they will learn his identity. In addition to this, Burnhams reliance on backing the winning horse at all times means that their ability to eliminate a player on any given night will depend on Burnham’s voting in that nights bye-election. Should Burnham fail to vote for the player(s) that attract the most votes, their elimination selection will be null and void. Should the Allies remove Corbyn from power, Nicola Sturgeon will become their next target as they seek to regain ground in Scotland.

Characters

Andy Burnham – reeling from his defeat, Burnham is set for revenge, but being a snivelling shitecunt, he plans on doing so without being detected. Should Burnham be sacked by the allies of Corbyn, his identity will switch to one of his own allies.

-----

Jeremy Corbyn
    Corbyn is able to enquire as to the identity of one player a night. Corbyn knows the identity of Nicola Sturgeon, and may communicate with her freely. Should he be eliminated, she will be become Burnhams next target.
    If I understand this correctly - it means:

- Should the wolves kill Corbyn right now, he won't die, but his identity will be revealed
    - Should the wolves then kill 7 villagers, then they will simply know who to kill next (and thus win the game?)

But - what does this mean:

Should the Allies remove Corbyn from power, Nicola Sturgeon will become their next target as they seek to regain ground in Scotland.

- Does that mean if the Wolves do kill Corbyn, that Nicola Sturgeon will be the "new" target and the wolves have actually not won until they have killed both of these players?

or

- Does it mean that the Villagers have the right to "replace" Corbyn with Sturgeon at any time? And if so, would it then be announced by you in the thread somehow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browning was already seconded by SvN, @Jimmy Floyd. If you change it to me we'll have five up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question - If the Neutrals (Cameron & Boris Johnson) are indeed Neutral, why would they have the power to veto a kill?

Also, I don't understand whether this...

David Cameron will be informed of and can veto any Allies of Burnham elimination, once in the course of the game.

...means that they can Veto a villager getting eliminated by the wolves or a wolf getting eliminated by the villagers?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Toby (second nomination)

As you were.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has the potential to be a right clusterfuck. Loads of suspicious activity already (although I have no idea why I find it suspicious). I guess Burnham is going to have to vote (or switch) quite late to ensure being on the right side. What do they say? Vote early, vote often?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spreading the votes in certainly the best strategy.

In the early rounds it's actually in Burnham's best interests not to vote for the person lynched as it would narrow it down to potentially 4/5 posters.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can we lynch Toby? We'd need bridge suspension steel wire to make a noose big enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demerit View Post
    Spreading the votes in certainly the best strategy.

In the early rounds it's actually in Burnham's best interests not to vote for the person lynched as it would narrow it down to potentially 4/5 posters.
    It's just going to less and less favourable for him, surely? We'll know if he hasn't voted, as the 'wolves' won't get a kill. So we'll be able to write off those people as at least not being Burnham. Then he'll have to vote at some stage and we'll have plenty to work with if we keep spreading the votes in future rounds too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit lost here, but hopefully I'll work it out as we go along. We have Toby, Browning, Matt, Magic and Hammer. Is that it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    I'm a bit lost here, but hopefully I'll work it out as we go along. We have Toby, Browning, Matt, Magic and Hammer. Is that it?
    Yeah.

Hammer, nominated by Toby and seconded by Pleb
    Toby, nominated by Hammer and seconded by Jimmy Floyd
    Magic, nominated by Mahow and seconded by Demerit
    Browning, nominated by P_3 and seconded by SvN
    Matt, nominated by niko_cee and seconded by Byron

A sixth nomination wouldn't be the worst thing but five is probably plenty.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's going to be a breeze finding out who Burnham is after the second day.

Let's get a load up, spread the votes and we'll have him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, if he isn't in the majority then there is no night kill, right? And if there is a night kill he'll be one of, say, 6 or 7 people? Sounds easy, just need to keep a good spread.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we leaving nominations open until 3, or shall we start voting early?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate Merse has gone to quite a lot of effort with this but it does seem a bit convoluted.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like a good dynamic, although I can see why you might not like it if you were, say, a Burnham person. The fact that he has to vote for the winning candidate to get a night kill seems quite a burden, especially considering that role transfers (and presumably takes the requirement with it). Is 5/22 more wolves than a normal game or does it even out with the insta-win possibilities? It makes the early game more interesting than usual, on the face of it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Allies of Burnham will win by offing Corbyn, but can only do so once they have crushed his powerbase. Once a night they can elect to kill a player, but they cannot kill Corbyn until seven or less of his friends remain. Nonetheless, should they elect to eliminate him before then, they will learn his identity. In addition to this, Burnhams reliance on backing the winning horse at all times means that their ability to eliminate a player on any given night will depend on Burnham’s voting in that nights bye-election. Should Burnham fail to vote for the player(s) that attract the most votes, their elimination selection will be null and void. Should the Allies remove Corbyn from power, Nicola Sturgeon will become their next target as they seek to regain ground in Scotland.
    The way I interpret that is that Burnham has to vote for whoever is getting Lynched for that person to die. But it doesn't affect whoever the Burnham & the Wolves do decide to kill during the night phase? But I see how it could also mean he has to Vote for whoever ends up Dying for the Wolves to be able to conduct a kill at all.

Seriously, I'm fucking confused about the rules here.

Merse - sort it out mate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Burnham has to vote for the person being lynched, or the 'wolves' aren't allowed to kill anybody in the night phase. It's really not that complicated.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go eat a loaf of toast, Maz.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same as Maz until I re-read it a few times.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just going to less and less favourable for him, surely? We'll know if he hasn't voted, as the 'wolves' won't get a kill. So we'll be able to write off those people as at least not being Burnham. Then he'll have to vote at some stage and we'll have plenty to work with if we keep spreading the votes in future rounds too.
    Yeah I agree we should keep spreading the votes.

This rule is massively in the village's favour, if we don't find him by round 4 or atleast have it narrowed down to a couple of people we've fucked up.

Not that I'm complaining mind

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that there's an assumption that people are just going to spread the votes evenly, get Burnham & Co lynched promptly and be home in time for tea.

You've all played this game before and seen the cat-herding exercise that is trying to arrange strategic voting, right?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if the village get Burnham it's all over? Do we not have to kill the other wolves too?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quintuple lynch eroding the powerbase before a night 1 hit on Corbyn by the wolves.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    So if the village get Burnham it's all over? Do we not have to kill the other wolves too?
    Burnham never dies (until all of his mates have gone) even if he gets lynched. He just throws one under the bus. I don't think we get to know if this happens or not.

The user dies, but the role transfers, no?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck you, it's really hard to grasp the rules when you have to fucking go back and re-read who all of these twats actually are. It's taken me until now to get used to the fact that this Burnham fellow is a wolf, I keep having to double-check who's who and who's good and bad.

EDIT: @Mahow

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how I read it.

To be fair I like this. The recent werewolves games have made it far too easy for the wolves as we have nothing to go on on the first few rounds by which point panic sets in.

We're also assuming that the wolves are going to want to ensure a kill every round which isn't guaranteed. If they get Burnham to vote for a loser, then it's easier to hide him.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wolves need the kills to win. The field will narrow even if Burnham's on the wrong side of the vote, as there will be a no-kill. The only possible problem with this would be if the no-kill was due to a hit on Corbyn and this wasn't apparent in the write-up. That would be a major ball ache.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Fuck you, it's really hard to grasp the rules when you have to fucking go back and re-read who all of these twats actually are. It's taken me until now to get used to the fact that this Burnham fellow is a wolf, I keep having to double-check who's who and who's good and bad.

EDIT: @Mahow
    You think I have any idea about who these chumps are? I can't think of anything worse in life than politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like there's just more and more I don't understand.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I like that there's an assumption that people are just going to spread the votes evenly, get Burnham & Co lynched promptly and be home in time for tea.

You've all played this game before and seen the cat-herding exercise that is trying to arrange strategic voting, right?
    It's definitely not going to work out smoothly but even if the numbers aren't perfect, it is still a matter of forcing Burnham into a small pile of voters if they want a night kill. But yes, I am already looking forward to the lulz caused by the town completely fucking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Burnham never dies (until all of his mates have gone) even if he gets lynched. He just throws one under the bus. I don't think we get to know if this happens or not.

That is correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    We're also assuming that the wolves are going to want to ensure a kill every round which isn't guaranteed. If they get Burnham to vote for a loser, then it's easier to hide him.
    For now, but it'll just narrow it down even further when he does eventually vote.

If he doesn't vote for the lynchee tonight, we need all the villagers who voted for said lynchee to vote together again, and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kind of confuses me too. If Burnham is lynched, then will the story say that Burnham has died, or will the user who is Burnham take on the identity of another wolf in the story?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the rules if you don't understand, they are not that complicated. If there is something that isn't very clear, then ask. I did so in page one as most of you lazy fuckers should have done instead of waiting five days and then crying because you don't get it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Burnham doesn't die until all the wolves die - his role transfers to another wolf player.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Yep, because Burnham doesn't die until the last wolf does, his role is transferred to another wolf.

It's a narrative device, that's all.
    There you go. We will never know whether the person we lynched was actually Burnham or we just got lucky with another. Will make the vote tallying trickier than what it might look like at first glance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but what I'm asking is, in the death story will it just say that the person who was Burnham was in fact another wolf?

I read the rules and I'm asking now because some of the stuff that I thought was clear instead turned out to be a bit confusing. Nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah can you stop being cunts about us forriners not getting the rules here lads. Pepe stop trying to act clever motherfucker.

I've re-read the opening post like 5 times but there's like narrative mixed in with rules there and I'm still struggling to identify all the individual rules. Anyway, I think I've got it now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    Yeah, but what I'm asking is, in the death story will it just say that the person who was Burnham was in fact another wolf?
    We will be told it was another wolf.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Yeah can you stop being cunts about us forriners not getting the rules here lads. Pepe stop trying to act clever motherfucker.

I've re-read the opening post like 5 times but there's like narrative mixed in with rules there and I'm still struggling to identify all the individual rules. Anyway, I think I've got it now.
    Some times it is hard to fully grasp some of the rules, especially those involving the minor roles. It will be more clear as we move along, time to go sharpen our machetes.