User Tag List

Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258
Results 12,851 to 12,866 of 12866

Thread: The Cricket Thread

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same one, yeah, and he was actually really good this time but I wouldn't say quick. He was like a shit Southee, I suppose.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That opener has one of the weirder stances/guards I've seen.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I also got a brief look (4 balls) at alleged Australian phenom Teague Wyllie https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket...wyllie-1295848, and all I can say is that if you got runs for exclaiming 'Ooh yeah!' when a scantily clad woman walks along the boundary then he would be averaging a lot more than he does.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Is that the Kiwi you mentioned further up? Is he quick or are New Zealand looking at a barren era?
    I don't follow our domestic game, but from the various new players that have been tried in recent matches, only Ben Sears has looked up for it. Maybe Will O'Rourke. The rest have looked half-pace.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ in the last say 30 years have been incredibly good at identifying what talent there is early and then developing it to the max. They will never have depth but if they can keep finding 2 players a year they'll be OK.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Yesterday I also got a brief look (4 balls) at alleged Australian phenom Teague Wyllie https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket...wyllie-1295848, and all I can say is that if you got runs for exclaiming 'Ooh yeah!' when a scantily clad woman walks along the boundary then he would be averaging a lot more than he does.
    Phwoar

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Teague, always thinking with his Wyllie.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back down to the 3s this weekend for a Sunday game at home vs Aberystwyth 1s. I expect we'll get thumped but hopefully we can bowl first and make a game of it.

Played in the 2s in the weekend just gone. It was a tough game, our opponents batted first and made 243 in really warm weather. We had them 140-odd for 7 so it was frustrating to see it slip away. I came on for an over at the end and cleaned up the number 11 to get my first of the season. Then the captain came to me and asked if I wanted to open. The usual opener plays his shots a bit so I was just asked to stick around and see off some overs while he plays his natural game. We put on 70 in 16 overs, with me contributing a beautiful 7, but he was bowled just after drinks and I eventually got bowled off an inside edge in the 21st over. We lost comfortably in the end but managed to pick up 8 pts, so not a terrible result all things considered.

Ultimately, I really enjoyed opening though. I obviously need to get a bit better at rotating the strike but it afforded me time at the crease and allowed me to get into a decent rhythm at picking up the ball. Hopefully I can do it again this week for the 3s.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only cricket content I have consumed via YouTube recently is the Nas/ Athers podcast Sky do but currently in my feed is 90 minutes of Long Melford 1st XI vs. Great Bromley 1st XI.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I think the only cricket content I have consumed via YouTube recently is the Nas/ Athers podcast Sky do but currently in my feed is 90 minutes of Long Melford 1st XI vs. Great Bromley 1st XI.
    Lovely place Long Melford. I got married about 5 miles away from there, not sure I’d be watching their cricket team though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected, a tough day and a bit of a hammering for us yesterday. We fielded 8 lads 18 or younger, up against a side who will probably storm up the divisions for several seasons.

Fair play to our team though, kept at it in the field and put in the effort on a really hot day. On a personal note, I bowled pretty well (8-3-22-2) but batting wise I played a lazy shot and got a leading edge, easily caught for just 2.

The opponents were good lads overall - well 10 of them were at least. Their wicketkeeper was a bit of a prick from start to finish. Happy to say I had him nicking off to slip in my 2nd over, out for just 6.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a wicketkeeper in the world who isn't a mouthy little cunt.

I would say no offence to any resident TTH wickies, but you know what you're like.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been quiet on my nights this week, and doing the usual aimless pissing about I ended up on a series of videos on the talksport YouTube featuring jarrod kimber and bumble (and some other bloke), and some of Jarrod's stuff more generally.

I was already aware of him from that podcast he did with zaltzman, but I think he's brilliantly entertaining. I may be missing some obvious flaws in his material simply by virtue of knowing fuck all about cricket, but was finding it all very compelling.

Any fans on here? Even ignoring his opinions and their relative merit, he just seems like a genuinely top bloke. Nice to see Bumble seems to really like and respect him, they had surprisingly good chemistry.

Maybe that's partly a cricket thing - in football, it's quite laughable how insecure ex-pros are about football pundits who didn't play at #thehighestlevel. How could you possibly provide the quality insight a Gabby Agbonlahor does if you didn't, right?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Kimber, some of his Youtube stuff is great. Also very 'neutral' in the sense that he focuses on everyone on their own merits, most online cricket outlets have gone heavily towards chasing Indian clicks in the last year or two which is about as boring as it gets.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mega seeing Jof back. Also, is there some kind of decree that Pakistan always has a chubbster in the team? Their current keeper is a proper unit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's the same guy who toured NZ last year, as well as being a proper unit, he was also proper shit.