Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Decemberists in Leeds at the weekend and then down to London for Teenage Fanclub next week. Both should be good, but I'm massively excited for Fanclub. One of my all-time favourite bands and I've never seen them live before. The original bassist (who writes a lot of the songs) is leaving after this tour too, so I kind of see it as it won't actually be "them" anymore once he's gone. So I'm just happy I got a ticket.

I also saw Bloc Party at the Alexandra Palace a couple of weeks ago. They're on this Silent Alarm tour, playing it in full. In typically awkward fashion they decided to play it in reverse order. All the best songs are at the beginning of the record, to be fair. So I can sort of see why they did that. Everyone seemed to love it but I thought they were just alright, if I'm honest. I don't really like the Ally Pally though. I think it's a bit of a shit venue.

My main takeaway from it is that Kele looks like he's spent the last decade in the gym, he's massive now.
I saw the Decemberists at the height of my fandom in...November 2009 @ The Coronet according to last.fm. They were good, but it was the 2009 tour for the hazards of love and I didn't like that album, and I've not really listened to them for the last 9 years. Anything recent worth checking out?

I really loved Silent Alarm when it came out, but I don't think it's aged well. I don't think any of the mid-00s nme bands have really. Agreed on Ally Pally being shit, it looks nice but awful acoustics.