User Tag List

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 3495

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have over 400 MLS players at my club and about 100 serie a. Is it worth selling them or pack collect for the league SBC just released .

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Serie A SBC for 7k and with that spent just where my teams were overrated, allowing me to pick up cheaper players in place of the likes of the Miranda, Chiellini and Pjanic's I had in my club.

Pulled Hazard, Baby Deco, Mertens and another Miranda from the packs, along with 10+ 83 and above rated players.

Happy with that. Will likely sell my MLS players as I only have 70 or so and can't be arsed with it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Baby Deco is a great pull. 450k right there?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    The 90? Fucking hell.
    Yeah, I can afford him and I can't see how he won't be the best player in the game right now and probably by quite some distance.

5 star weak foot and 6 foot three with those stats is just ridiculous. Stick a hawk on him and he looks more or less flawless as an attacking force.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    The Baby Deco is a great pull. 450k right there?
    Yup, have easily pulled a million in total, with Hazard still going for 250k.

May sell Hazard, do the Rui Costa and Schmeichal SBC's and then look to get prime Henry.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done 8 Serie A and 10 MLS and got Alaba (who I already have ofcourse) and some Melbourne player as the only one worth something.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    49 games, 84 goals and 33 assists. All games on legendary bar about 5 or so from online seasons.

Ben Yedder is bonkers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While still amazing he's slowed down a bit for me, while Dembele is weighing in with more and more.

He still has 182 in 154, but it's been a while since he dominated a game for me.

Just caught up with the overnight games in squad battles (refreshing before I went to bed) and with another 4 wins I'm back up to Elite 1 (effectively with 4 games in hand too) and have 51,947 from 25 games, an average of 2,077 a game. If I can maintain that over the last 20 games I'll hit my highest score yet at around the 93k mark, but that would still leave me somewhere in the region of 20k short of top 100, which I'll need to average 2,555 to hit. Fucking tough that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just refreshed my opponents and saw this:

Jesus.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I was just about to come in and say how happy I am to see 1m in the bank for the first time ever on FUT. Granted I took 3/4 years off and only got back into in July and missed the years where the coins skyrocketed but still, that fucking team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you look at it they've spent the coins really badly.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume that most are loans or at least I'd hope so.

Only Ferdinand is the non-prime.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry's non-prime too. The guy has coins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ofc it is. I forgot about the 93 ST one.

Just put 10 against one of my opponents though which was nice. Pogba got 4 which is his second hattrick since I upgraded to the IF.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got battered 3-0. Worst defeat for ages.

12 games left and sat on 66k points, need another 14k from those games to all but guarantee Elite 1. Feels like quite a slog now and if I'm honest I'm enjoying trading more at the moment. Made a fair whack on MLS silvers today inbetween games and also spent some time clearing the crap out of my club.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got done 3-0 just now too.

Defence went full mong twice in the first 15 minutes and I just couldn't break their defence down at all for some reason. They added the third in injury time when I was pushing.

Hardest game I've had in some time, felt like it was on Ultimate at times.

I'm blaming it on being tired.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The impact Custom Tactics have is absolutely huge and when you come up against a team that has good ones, it makes it so much harder.

If the difficulties are to be believed (i.e. EA haven't fucked with the settings for SB vs. Seasons) then they make the world of difference.

It was an 87 rated side with a full bronze bench, but I couldn't get near the bastards.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What teams are you gents sporting now?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bundesliga
    https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/1922989

Prem
    https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/1922984

Rocking these.

Had Blind (bought for like 15k expecting an SBC needing them) and Mustafi (will be used in the Shearer SBC) in the club and Eriksen is untradeable so I ditched the few Bundesliga players I had for them so I could get Meunier in the team.

Not sure what to do to the Bundesliga team aside from the really expensive players. For the Prem side I think the following will be in order:

De Bruyne in for Gundogan (flip KDB infront of Meunier).
    Get Shearer permanentely (38 goals and 11 assists in 19 games)
    Replace Baka with a beast, my Loan TOTW was 88 Desailly so I am going to see how he is in there,
    Fix the left half of the defense.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/2857940

All time leading scorer (370 games, 226 goals, 143 assists) thomas muller has now lost his place. I need that left footed flair at CAM. Added Junu over the FUTMAS and he has now replaced thiago and tolisso in my team. Guilavogui is still the best CDM ive used. He stays exactly in the CDM position. Using him with a powerhouse card and he is superb. I also put it down to his offensive workrate being medium. Lewandoski disappoints me though. He isn't as good as I expected him to be. He just feels like a stronger muller. His shooting stats suggest he can shoot from anywhere on either foot, but that's not that case. His left foot is poor.

I'm going to look at getting the IF version of either tolisso or goretka. That will be my next upgrade. Who is better? I have zero interest in getting an ICON. No idea why, but they just don't excite me.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shearer has 81 pace?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you'd done Shearer Danny?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2236506

That's what mine looks like in game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Viera like Mahow? So tempted to bring him in, but then I've got an untradeable Rui Costa to consider.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a monster. I have shadow on him and he's pretty much a perfect CDM.

He breaks up so many attacks and due to his height he wins loads of headers which puts me right back on attack. He's basically one of the best defenders who plays in midfield.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thought as much. I'll whack the team up later, but I basically have a midfield trio of Kante, TotGS Kimmich and Rui Costa. It's a flat three, Costa is wasted there and I'd love to replace him with Viera. Don't fancy doing the Prime SBC as it's crazy to sink that many coins into an untradeable for me currently, but then I'm left with Rui Costa doing nothing if I buy a Viera instead.

I've got a fair number of the Serie A players to do that SBC, which given the packs is monstrous value, so may do that ahead of TotY and see what luck it brings.

Oh and just hit half a million match coin earnings, which is nice. 501,475 to be precise.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you'd done Shearer Danny?
    Not yet. I did the loan and then the most expensive SBC while the prices were down on the 87s. The rest should be a bit of a breeze as I bought the IFs I need too. It’s just actually committing to a non tradable player and being willing to pay the, still, slightly inflated 84s prices.

Thinking about TOTY as a good time when people open a lot of packs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have EA fucked with crossing by stealth? My full backs were providing loads of assists, don't think I'm doing anything different, but the defenders are now always in front/ahead of my attackers.

This post is sponsored by an infuriating 2-1 loss.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben Yedder just broke a club record.

He and Mbappe held the record for most goals in a match at 5 but Ben decided to go mental and just popped 7 in during a 9-0 win (and an assist). The 7th was his 100th club goal which he achieved in 58 matches.

Hero.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Mahow, that's impressive shit. Where are you likely to finish?

Have 8 games left myself and need 7k to secure Elite 1 (maybe less even) so that's all but a done deal, but fuck me is it a slog.

Makes me laugh at all the pros and Youtubers who can't be arsed with Fut Champions in January when it's their job.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 games left and I think I've got a 6k-7k buffer for Elite 1.

I missed at least 4 though and I'm never going to finish in the top 100.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing 41212 (2) for a while now and ive noticed my CAM goes walkabouts at times. Looks like he swaps with the RCM at times. Type it in and it looks like there is a bug affecting users. I'm now testing the defensive line on 'offside trap' Watching every youtube tactic video, they all state not to use it. I'm tired of the AI on legendary playing killer through balls between my central defenders and fullbacks. I'm now playing deeper and offside trap. It works well so far. AI often gets caught offside and ive yet to have a scenario where I thought 'If the defensive line was on cover, that wouldn't have happened' I imagine online, its probably suicide.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the CAM/RCM thing happens a lot to me. I thought it was just Mbappe thinking he's a defender and Pogba not being arsed to get back.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try the 4312 with three CM. I have four games left in SB. Missed all of yesterdays games. I should be safe in elite two regardless of the results of the last four games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed at least 4 though and I'm never going to finish in the top 100.
    Yeah, after the post above with the 2,550 pint average it dawned on me that I won't either. To get that on Legendary, you'd probably need to average 5-0.25 wins in every game, or wank around accumulating corners and shots on goal to boost the skill points. I'm never going to be arsed to do the latter as that takes enjoyment to new lows, which leaves Ultimate difficulty as the only remaining option and I'm not good enough.

They could do with another layer of rewards between Elite 1 and Top 100 really. I don't play it (again, not good enough) but I understand FUT Champions could do with the same.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the current team.

And bench.

Can't post the stats as only on the web app (no assists on there bizarrely) so I'll whack those up later.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawned on me that I've got a shitload of coins tied up on that bench and a couple of players I'd like to move to it. Some more business required tonight I think.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For alll that money still having that centre back and keeper

Did you say you were looking at Gullit? Isn’t he like 4m? How much would prime Vieira be? He looks like and end game player to me

Edit: just seen it’s 2.4.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rico and Lenglet are perfectly fine. The former saves everything he should and some he shouldn't, while the latter often gets subbed off at half time to make way for PotM Sane in an Ultra-Attacking CB role - sounds mental but it works a treat most of the time when trying to break down stubborn teams in Squad Battles.

I can't speak for FUT Champions, but for offline modes keepers are a myth. There are indeed some shit ones, but get one of the competent ones (Begovic, Fahrmann, or indeed Rico) and that's all you need. He's played nearly 600 games for me and the only way I'll get rid of him is if chemistry requirements dictate that I should.

As for the coin situation, I have 5.9m now, which will be 6.0m come tonight's rewards and (having just totted up the unsold IFs I've invested in) there's another 300k there of players if I cashed in now.

I generated about 2-3 million early doors with the packs I paid for (with the two icons I pulled helping massively) and I've just built it up ever since. I do want to spend it, but it always feels like I'm waiting for something. ToTY will be when I stop waiting though (albeit I'll probably keep a million) and suggestions are welcome for where I should spend it.

90 Gullit and (any) Viera are two players I'm mad keen on. Albeit I'd probably play the former at ST which means dropping Ben Yedder and I love him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd buy a keeper with the saves with feet trait tbh.

It gives them extra animations so they save more than a standard keeper.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd buy a keeper with the saves with feet trait tbh.

It gives them extra animations so they save more than a standard keeper.
    If I was playing online where every shot is a low driven then I probably would, but for Squad Battles, it's just not needed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have 6m coins and you've got some bloke you could pick up for buttons at centre back?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    You have 6m coins and you've got some bloke you could pick up for buttons at centre back?
    Yep, and at this moment in time, and for the modes I play, it genuinely wouldn't make any difference if I had one who cost 1,000 times that instead - I finish Elite 1 in Squad Battles without a £1m/meta centre-back and I'd finish Elite 1 with one.

Centre-Backs aren't quite as noticeable as keepers, but they're another position where it doesn't matter that much - Manolas will be as effective as almost all of the others available, for example.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just turned this on to think about finishing my games (I have played about half I think) and turned it right back off. Can not be bothered with it today.

Think ill stick to the WebApp and trading. 2 more SBCS to go for Shearer though. 85 and 86 and I reckon about 100k outlay left.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Been playing 41212 (2) for a while now and ive noticed my CAM goes walkabouts at times. Looks like he swaps with the RCM at times. Type it in and it looks like there is a bug affecting users. I'm now testing the defensive line on 'offside trap' Watching every youtube tactic video, they all state not to use it. I'm tired of the AI on legendary playing killer through balls between my central defenders and fullbacks. I'm now playing deeper and offside trap. It works well so far. AI often gets caught offside and ive yet to have a scenario where I thought 'If the defensive line was on cover, that wouldn't have happened' I imagine online, its probably suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I'm going to try the 4312 with three CM. I have four games left in SB. Missed all of yesterdays games. I should be safe in elite two regardless of the results of the last four games.
    Also played with pressure and aggression on 100 and I went undefeated in the last four games. I didn't create as many chances as I would like but defending from the front with pure aggression worked well. You could actually see the AI get into a panic once they were closed down in groups. Finished this weekend with 65327 points. I missed 8 games yesterday. As already stated, unless I start playing on ultimate or getting 2200+ points per game on average. Elite 1 just isn't possible for me at this time. Ive played 3 games on ultimate and conceded four goals each time and barley creating any chances.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 3.5k buffer with 2 games remaining which I can't be arsed to do.

Hopefully it will be enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you play Online Danny?

I think I might start doing that soon. SB is getting quite tedious and it's almost a part time job to get Elite 1.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    85k points and Elite 1 is more than secured.

Part of the reason I've been clearing my club out is that I'm going to have a go at the Bronze Pack method over the next month and see how we go.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you play Online Danny?

I think I might start doing that soon. SB is getting quite tedious and it's almost a part time job to get Elite 1.
    Don't jump to DKT/WL then.

You'll lose your whole weekend playing the worst of the worst dickheads.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking more of online seasons.