User Tag List

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2925

Thread: The ULTRAMEGA Summer 2017 Transfers and Rumours Thread [featuring THE MIGHTY BLADES]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the whole 'Neymar Jr' moniker just an attempt by his father to emphasise the fact that there's a Neymar Sr?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I've just found out that if we don't include what Neymars dad pocketed, Tevez will earn more than him so technically it's true.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This same website used to tell me I was being a "typical American" years ago because I cared about overspending on players because "who cares about transfer fees?! they haven't even come close to spending ThE RoNAlDo MoNEy! it's not your money is it?!" but now that I want the club to spend all the money they've bragged about having ("LoOk At OuR FanCy AdidaS mOnEy!") I'm still just a "typical American".

and lollerfuckinskates at "who cares about the transfer window?" I mean half of you have made "I don't think I even care about football" posts in the past 2-3 years so you can get to fuck trying to act like wanting better players in key positions is some sort of crime. The other half of you have lamented how boring United play whilst yearning for "tHe UnItED WaY" for years.

It's hardly as if I'm sat at home throwing things at my pets, I was just venting. You all really have to come off that high horse.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bruh == Smiffy??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to accept that I will never win with you lot no matter what I guess.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be spending the money on Neymar because psg have.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is he definitely ≠ mad

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is that all about?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phonics do tell... do you think I'm sat here like grinding my teeth seething at the world? Like do you honestly think I'm kicking over trash bins in the office over it?

This obsession you all have with projecting people's emotions onto them is weird af. I've wanted Neymar to play at United since I watched him at Santos. The chairman of my favorite football club used to gas us up talking about doing things other clubs could only dream of. I don't know why I'm not allowed to be a bit miffed that while he's off to PSG we're haggling over a couple million quid here and there for players like Ivan Perisic (who would be a great signing).

It's madness to me that I'm not allowed to have any frustration with our transfer window especially given how boring and shit we play.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United have spent £146 million on players so far, with millions more likely (my research for this post indicates we got 40 for Matic, lol), we're going to lol at you for crying about that figure not being three times the size.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they wouldn't have had to spend 146 million if Woodward would've kept his mouth shut.

They've bought Romelu Lukaku, Victor Lindelof, and Nemanja Matic but fuck me for hoping they actually sign a dynamic, game-changing player instead of paying over the odds for Romelu fucking Lukaku and Chelsea's scraps.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fuck I'm not a United supporter. Sounds difficult.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have signed Morata for a sixpence if it wasn't for WOODWARD!111

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    It's madness to me that I'm not allowed to have any frustration with our transfer window especially given how boring and shit we play.
    You're perfectly well allowed to, people will just make fun of you for it. You sound like one of those spoilt children on MTVs 'My Sweet 16'.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we signed the dynamic, game changing midfielder last summer.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You're perfectly well allowed to, people will just make fun of you for it. You sound like one of those spoilt children on MTVs 'My Sweet 16'.
    If my parents sat around bragging about how much more money we have than everyone else, how my birthday party would be something other kids could only dream of, yes, I'd be pissed off about getting a Honda Civic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I thought we signed the dynamic, game changing midfielder last summer.
    And hopefully Matic unlocks his full potential. You know who else would've unlocked his full potential? Fabinho. Bakayoko. I.E. a player that isn't on Chelsea's "want rid" pile. A player who we wouldn't have had to put 40m into the coffers of a direct rival for.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me more about Fabinho and Bakayoko and how you've come to the conclusion that they're the prodigal sons of DM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said "or a player that we didn't have to give money to a direct rival for". Not exactly the "end all be all" list but those are two players who were apparently available that could do the same job Matic will be expected to do.

Not sure why that's beyond the realm of understanding.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind that Fabinho is also apparently a very serviceable full-back and it's not as if we don't need depth there lol

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my parents sat around bragging about how much more money we have than everyone else, how my birthday party would be something other kids could only dream of, yes, I'd be pissed off about getting a Honda Civic.
    That's the definition of spoilt. You're a brat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Pogba a Juventus reject as they signed Pjanic before selling him?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matic is a player Mourinho likes. Why does giving Chelsea money matter? You know Roman has loads of money right?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lindelöf will win you the league, shut up and be happy you have the Wolds Best Defender.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the definition of spoilt. You're a brat.
    The definition of spoilt would be someone's parents doing the best the can and providing what they can and the little kid being pissed off instead of being appreciative.

Except that's not what United are doing whatsoever. I didn't ask Woodward to make such outlandish comments. I didn't ask the club to big up every Official Spork Sponsorship as if it's a new singing.

Last I checked all that mattered was the actual football and we play some of the worst football I've ever witnessed. I'm literally a season ticket holder for an MLS team. That's pathetic.

They're haggling over 3-5 million quid for a 29 year old winger, a position we actually need especially given Lukaku will be fucking worthless with the kind of "service" we tend to provide the front line. Pogba can't just ping 40 yard passes the entire game and hope that's going to win the League somehow.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The definition of spoilt would be someone's parents doing the best the can and providing what they can and the little kid being pissed off instead of being appreciative.

Except that's not what United are doing whatsoever. I didn't ask Woodward to make such outlandish comments. I didn't ask the club to big up every Official Spork Sponsorship as if it's a new singing.

Last I checked all that mattered was the actual football and we play some of the worst football I've ever witnessed. I'm literally a season ticket holder for an MLS team. That's pathetic.

They're haggling over 3-5 million quid for a 29 year old winger, a position we actually need especially given Lukaku will be fucking worthless with the kind of "service" we tend to provide the front line. Pogba can't just ping 40 yard passes the entire game and hope that's going to win the League somehow.
    A spoiled child, spoiled brat, or simply a brat is a derogatory term aimed at children who exhibit behavioral problems from being overindulged by their parents. Children and teens who are perceived as spoiled may be described as "overindulged", "grandiose", "narcissistic" or "egocentric-regressed".
    Brat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matic is a player Mourinho likes. Why does giving Chelsea money matter? You know Roman has loads of money right?
    So all the reports I've read about Conte being frustrated at Roman's keeping the purse-strings tight and basically threatening to quit the club mean nothing I suppose.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brat.
    "Behavior problems" isn't coming to a fucking football forum to lament the lack of dynamic signings you weird little prick.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unreal scenes from the MLS season ticket holder.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    Unreal scenes from the MLS season ticket holder.
    You're welcome for being the only interesting thing on this website when @Magic's wife isn't fucking half the town.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radars picking up something, seems to be a massive cloud of 'DEFINITELY NOT MAD, I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING' in the vicinity.

edit: haha and there's the lash out at Magic, to the point of tagging him, to try punch down. What a child.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who gives a shit what Ted Woodward says in the press? Do you reckon the chairman of Nice is sitting there reading the Daily Croissant when a poorly translated version of 'M.United ont beaucoup d'argent, dit Woodward, haw-hee-haw' appears in the odds and sods column, and he thinks 'Sacré bleu! I thought Man Utd were dirt poor! Armed with this knowledge, I will be holding out for millions more for *tenuously hyped-up player who has had one good season*!'

It's your own obsession with consuming the absolute tripe churned out for click generation that causes you such disappointment.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So again, it's my fault for taking the chairman of the football club at his word.

Understood.

Mind you, it wasn't "IN THE PRESS" it was literally on MUTV. No one asked him to say that. Don't tell your club's supporters to "WATCH THIS SPACE" and sign Nemanja fucking Matic.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to watch a lot more football this season than last and, now that I've been dwelling on it, I think I'm going to write a blog about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love that when you poke Bruh he lashes out at Magic along the way.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've spent almost four-hundred million quid since he told the fans to 'watch this space'.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how much money do you think they've made in that time?

Edit:
    http://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M...ease-final.pdf

For fiscal 2017, Manchester United expects:
     Revenue to be £560m to £570m.
     Adjusted EBITDA to be £185m to £195m.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So again, it's my fault for taking the chairman of the football club at his word.

Understood.

Mind you, it wasn't "IN THE PRESS" it was literally on MUTV. No one asked him to say that. Don't tell your club's supporters to "WATCH THIS SPACE" and sign Nemanja fucking Matic.
    I've said Matic is lazy many a time, but fact is he started 35 games for the champion club last season. Lukaku meanwhile has scored 1 in 2 over the last five seasons, in this league, for lesser clubs, peaking at 25 goals last season (the last time a United player scored so many was van Persie five seasons ago). Why would Woodward not be justified in saying 'watch this space' before the capture of those two, rather than some 21 year old midfielder in France who you've watched maximum three times?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I can take your word that Matic is lazy but I can't take the word of the hundreds of people I've read rave about Fabinho and Bakayoko (some of which were even on this website).

TRUST NO ONE BUT YOUR OWN EYES GUYms!M

(Neverminding I guess I'm not allowed to be impressed by a player in the few games I've watched now, either)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me it's fine, there's no real debate anymore. You guys are always going to think poorly of me and I will always never understand why I constantly get such backlash for seemingly such innocuous opinions.

It's all good. I'm not bothered. Let's move on.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People used to think poorly of Mahow, and look at him now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think poorly of you. Let's go to Old Trafford.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh's just a bit annoyed that Qatar hasn't been "FREEDOM!'d" yet and can afford this sort of endeavour, as his supreme leader is likely munching on doritos and yelling at the telly instead of plotting the next Freedoming.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think poorly of you. Let's go to Old Trafford.
    One of these days my "MEMBERSHIP!" will pay off and I'll actually get tickets to come over

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how much money do you think they've made in that time?

Edit:
    http://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M...ease-final.pdf
    Which is how they - unlike pretty much every other club - managed to spend a hundred and fifty million quid (and probably two-hundred this year) whilst still recording a normal-ish profit. Short of punting their long-term financial security on Neymar, I'm not sure what you expect.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    i'm not sure what you expect.
    all the signings!

Edit: stop suppressing my need to be in all-caps you fucking website

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I can take your word that Matic is lazy but I can't take the word of the hundreds of people I've read rave about Fabinho and Bakayoko (some of which were even on this website).

TRUST NO ONE BUT YOUR OWN EYES GUYms!M

(Neverminding I guess I'm not allowed to be impressed by a player in the few games I've watched now, either)
    You are but you can't claim that the club has let you down by spending hundreds of millions on proven players, and not on those ones.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me I realize in the grand scheme of things it could be miles worse and I can see how it comes off a bit "spoiled" as The Phonics has said.

I just tend to look at things in a vacuum I guess.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I do love that when you poke Bruh he lashes out at Magic along the way.
    I'll take it. Any attention is good attention.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Magic.