User Tag List

Page 28 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because mert.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump stands by his campaign manager through an assault (clearly not but whatever) case and then fires him on a Monday morning when there's nothing else going on in the news

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, during times like these, nothing cheers me up more than checking out the replies to his tweets. It's an incredible ocean of 100% pure, oaken brown, dog shit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a Brit tried to assassinate Trump? What the fuck?

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36582770

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    So, a Brit tried to assassinate Trump? What the fuck?

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36582770
    We gunna pretend like the Left didn't cultivate a climate of hatred / violence / hysteria, because I sure as hell know if the tables were turned that's exactly the rhetoric the mainstream media would employ to somehow shift the blame on Trump.

Oh and he was an illegal immigrant.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clocked a class of students earlier researching The Donald. In amongst people searching on his business background and political views was one lad asking Google 'Is Donald Trump dating his daughter'.

Quality.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God Emperor up 4 (43-39), highest polling numbers since October:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...te_house_watch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article about Trump's press manager, a 27-year-old model fittingly named Hope Hicks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/st...rump.html?_r=0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amusing how Mert keeps crowing about the Rasmussen Reports poll results, while ignoring every other poll in the country showing Trump down 2-8 points.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume that solely listing Rasmussen polls is basically fishing for responses.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elth View Post
    It's amusing how Mert keeps crowing about the Rasmussen Reports poll results, while ignoring every other poll in the country showing Trump down 2-8 points.
    How did those 'objective non-partisan' pollsters do in predicting the Brexit results? Hmm?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of them did reasonably well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    How did those 'objective non-partisan' pollsters do in predicting the Brexit results? Hmm?
    So you point out a poll that helps your argument and then when faced with polls that don't agree with your view you then state that polls can't be trusted.

Lol.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    So you point out a poll that helps your argument and then when faced with polls that don't agree with your view you then state that polls can't be trusted.

Lol.
    No. I don't trust polls by establishment / center-left sources, the same polls that were shockingly inaccurate in predicting the Brexit results. They have their own agendas to promote and skew their data sets accordingly. See ABC News/Washington Post poll results for more information.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were any polls actually shockingly inaccurate as regards the referendum? Other than the secret ones the City and the bookies had access to. Wasn't the prevailing view that it was going to be margin of error tight?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Populus had an absolute mare, but the online crew did pretty given it was a one-off event with no precedents. YouGov were solidly around the correct mark throughout the campaign.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I don't trust polls by establishment / center-left sources, the same polls that were shockingly inaccurate in predicting the Brexit results. They have their own agendas to promote and skew their data sets accordingly. See ABC News/Washington Post poll results for more information.
    This is exactly what you said before the last election. The one where the polls (aside, notably, from Rasmussen) largely got it right.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    This is exactly what you said before the last election. The one where the polls (aside, notably, from Rasmussen) largely got it right.
    You mean this election?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ard-democrats/

"The polls did have a strong bias this year — but it was toward Democrats and not against them."

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean the one where you went into the election convinced that the polls were wrong, and then melted down, Karl Rove-style, on the night.

Surely it makes sense to listen to the polls and look to change the situation, rather than pulling a Romney and claiming that they were wrong. Like, it's no skin off my nose what you go in believing, but if you're putting all your eggs in the basket of the polling company well-known for being the least reliable, then there's a decent chance of a repeat. It's not like the fact that Hilary is dominating the polls at this point is even that big a deal - you don't get bonus points for winning early polls. There's only one that matters.

That said, if you want to bring in fivethirtyeight, their prognosis is not a strong one for Trump at this stage.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes sense is to light all polls on fire.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    What makes sense is to light all polls on fire.
    Something something terrified!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't John Kerry have very strong early poll ratings? Although I'm really not sure why.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    I mean the one where you went into the election convinced that the polls were wrong, and then melted down, Karl Rove-style, on the night.

Surely it makes sense to listen to the polls and look to change the situation, rather than pulling a Romney and claiming that they were wrong. Like, it's no skin off my nose what you go in believing, but if you're putting all your eggs in the basket of the polling company well-known for being the least reliable, then there's a decent chance of a repeat. It's not like the fact that Hilary is dominating the polls at this point is even that big a deal - you don't get bonus points for winning early polls. There's only one that matters.

That said, if you want to bring in fivethirtyeight, their prognosis is not a strong one for Trump at this stage.
    Is this the same fivethirtyeight that said Trump would never win the nomination? There's a reason people don't trust experts, it's because they've lost all credibility.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I'm as up for a bit of pseudo-science (hello economics) bashing as the next man, this whole "what do experts know?" movement the world seems to be in the grip of does seem a bit on the cultural revolution/Pol Pot side of things.

Without wanting to assimilate too strongly into the metropolitan bourgeoisie, the man on the Clapham omnibus maybe good for a reasonable man test, but that doesn't mean he's not a fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the same fivethirtyeight that said Trump would never win the nomination? There's a reason people don't trust experts, it's because they've lost all credibility.
    The one you just posted to back up your point, but are now discrediting entirely because it speaks against another of your points.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The man on the Clapham omnibus is probably a management consultant who works in the City these days.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Mert trashing his own sources? Guys, we don't even need to be here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    The man on the Clapham omnibus is probably a management consultant who works in the City these days.
    Aye, so he probably can't even fulfill the common sense requirement anymore.

The man on the Clacton omnibus.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The one you just posted to back up your point, but are now discrediting entirely because it speaks against another of your points.
    Eh? An article reflecting retrospectively on the failure of pollsters (really all they've done is compiled existing data) does not add credibility to their own pollings / predictions going into me future. Especially given their track record with Donald Trump.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh? An article reflecting retrospectively on the failure of pollsters (really all they've done is compiled existing data) does not add credibility to their own pollings / predictions going into me future. Especially given their track record with Donald Trump.
    They're either credible or they're not. You can't say they're credible when they're agreeing with you and then dismiss them when they aren't. That's just a slightly inbred cousin of confirmation bias.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're either credible or they're not. You can't say they're credible when they're agreeing with you and then dismiss them when they aren't. That's just a slightly inbred cousin of confirmation bias.
    It's like trusting CNN for news / facts but not trusting the editorials in their opinion section. Cmon now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FBI won't press charges on Hillary.

Mert

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    FBI won't press charges on Hillary.

Mert
    I'm dissapointed but I can't say I'm surprised, welcome to Obamas partisan America where the Justice Department is only a tool to be wielded to repress conservatives.

Comey's statements directly demonstrate that Clinton lied to the public at least, so at least we'll have decent attack ad fodder.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hillary lied to the public about important things, Trump invented and pretended to be a publicist so he could brag about all the bishes Donald Trump was fucking.

Comme ci, comme ça.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly...I'm so upset Kasich didn't get the nomination, this was a fucking lay up of an election to win. He would have been a perfect moderate socially, fiscally center-right candidate that would have brought the country together and legitimized Republicans a little bit in the eyes of the Left.

The polarization right now is indescribable, it's like living in two separate countries who hate each other, forced to co-exist in one. If our generation wasn't a bunch of pussies, I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war broke out. I predict secessions within 25 years.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But God Emperor?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Provided they could prove they don't have Irish sympathies, I would be up for resettling Republicans in Scotland.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine Texas is big enough for them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mexas. Yeah right.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could even build The Wall all around the state.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But God Emperor?
    The elites won't let him win, the major media outlets pretty much run 24/7 anti-Trump propaganda and it is wearing down his supporters on the margin. And as much as I love him fighting and sticking it to the mainstream media he's too populist, I studied enough economics that I know protectionism doesn't work. Cutting taxes without cutting spending on entitlements doesn't work. Etc.

I'm mostly just upset because I don't think traditional principled conservatives (the people and principles that made this country great) are a significant voting block in this country anymore. It's beginning of the end of American greatness happening in a slow motion train wreck, and most people are totally oblivious / more interested in letting trannys into YMCA locker rooms / watching the Kardashians act slutty on TV.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I would imagine Texas is big enough for them.
    No joke I applied to a bunch of law firms in Texas in the off chance that they decide to succeede (also 10% more income because of no income tax).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume all the "Texit" jokes have already been made.

But yeah, nobody really believes in principled political positions. The Republicans spent so long courting the public with populist rhetoric that they didn't realise that their philosophical supporter base had eroded from the inside out. They're basically a reactionary populist party now, with some laissez-faire capitalists trying and failing to wrangle the runaway train. I will be interested to see where they go post-Trump.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bernie will endorse Clinton tonight

Hillary Clinton's campaign is making it official: Former Democratic rival Bernie Sanders will join her at a New Hampshire event on Tuesday where he plans to endorse her.
    ....Though Clinton effectively clinched the nomination more than a month ago, Sanders has been slow to formally endorse her fall bid against Republican presumptive nominee Donald Trump. He has instead maneuvered to win commitments from Clinton and the Democratic Party to incorporate portions of his agenda into theirs.

Last week, Clinton announced revamped policy on college tuition and healthcare that did just that. And at a meeting on the Democratic Party platform, Sanders successfully pushed for liberal positions on an array of issues, including the minimum wage and climate change.
    This all makes sense. Though I've had my issues with Sanders, I said a few weeks ago: "In the end, the threat of Donald Trump will prevent Bernie and his followers from hating Hillary too long, but in the meantime there's no reason not to use every weapon in his arsenal to browbeat both Hillary and the Democratic Party into moving in the direction he wants them to go."
    And that's what he's done. He cooled it on the personal attacks, but used every bit of leverage he had to move both Hillary and the Democratic platform to the left. He didn't get everything he wanted, but unlike some of his more rabid supporters, he never expected to. He did lose the primary, after all.

Nonetheless, he got a helluva lot. He played his cards well, and in Hillary Clinton I think he had a fairly willing sparring partner. She didn't fight all that hard against his platform demands.
    But yesterday the platform was finished, and Bernie is pretty happy with it. With that done, he's endorsing Hillary almost immediately. My guess is that it will be a fairly enthusiastic endorsement, too—and will get more enthusiastic as time passes and the wounds of the primary race fade away. In the end, I'm happy to see that Bernie has pretty much played things the way he should: he stopped the personal attacks, pushed the party to the left, and now he's diving in to the campaign against Donald Trump. Good work.
    The Bernster has played this incredibly well all things told.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems to have got her to adopt his plan for college funding, and the $15 minimum wage. It'll only make it even more annoying when she pisses it all way whilst negotiating with the Republicans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite. None of it matters unless the Democrats win congress. Even then, they'll have their own concerns far more than they do here.

Still, it's nice for him to get a platitude or two now he's finally chucked it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    r/s4p is amazing right now.

[–] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago
    What a lying piece of shit.
    This whole time he lied to our faces.
    At least with Clinton you knew that she was a fuck. Now we find out that Bernie was even worse- he was pretending to give a shit and now he's selling us all out.
    What a complete fuck.
    I'm done with this politics shit. Fuck this, let whatever happen in November happen. Who the fuck can ever trust anyone again after the 1 person who promised to actually give a shit about us just stabbed us int he back.

[–] [score hidden] a minute ago
    Never did I imagine that I be witness to the creation of a new political hope, a party that truly represented the people, by a person who lived those morals and values their entire life. And never did I imagine that same person, so steadfast in their beliefs, get bought and sold to destroy that movement in an instant...

[–] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago
    Bernie is now a fucking paid Hillary shill!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to assume those folks just became aware of the existence of a world around them within the past 12 months.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Bernie', mate. 'Bernie'. This time it was different.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until he betrayed us. The cunt.