Football season is almost here, so here's a little betting game I thought up which may be fun, or may be crap, time will tell.

Everyone starts with £10 (real or imaginary, the choice is yours).

Betting is open between 10pm Sunday and noon Saturday the following week (except Friday night kickoffs, for which you'll need to have posted before kickoff time).

All you do is post in this thread a fixture(s) that you think will finish 0-0 that weekend, and your stake for each one. To make all our lives easier, ALL matches will have odds of 10/1 for a 0-0 result - i.e. you win 10x your stake.

If you like, you can post an accumulator, i.e. a double would produce odds of 100/1 and a treble 1000/1 etc, but you can't use the same match twice. if you do this please clearly mark DOUBLE etc in your post. (nb: I don't care if these odds don't make mathematical sense, they are the odds I'm using).

There are two ways of going out of the game:
1. Running out of money
2. Not betting for a month

There are two ways of winning the game:
a. Being the last man standing after everyone else has succumbed to 1. or 2.
b. Having the most money at whatever point my arse runs out of grapes.

I will review bets and apply winnings to a league table on a Monday night, unless I'm busy (unlikely), in which case it'll be a Tuesday night etc.

Eligible leagues/tournaments are as follows (weekend games only as I'm not a magician):
- England: Premier League down to Conference National, and FA Cup
- Spain: La Liga and Segunda
- Italy: Serie A and Serie B
- Germany: Bundesliga 1 and Bundesliga 2
- France: Ligue 1 and Ligue 2
- Holland: Eredivisie (top flight only)
- Portugal: Primeira (top flight only)
- Scotland: SPL down to League Two, and Scottish Cup
- Internationals: All World Cup qualifiers

All interested parties please sign up here before noon Saturday (any bets for this weekend can also be placed before then). Any questions about the rules etc, ask me and I will make up an answer because I probably haven't thought it through properly.