User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will George Martin die before he gets another book out?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 27.27%
  • No

4 18.18%
  • He's already dead

1 4.55%
  • I don't care

4 18.18%
  • Magic's dad told me books are for queers

4 18.18%
  • Dunno, I'm just watching for the tits

1 4.55%
  • Turtle/dragon

2 9.09%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Series 6: sponsored by Clarke Excitement Vacuum vs. Dinklage

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Littlefinger makes it near to the end and thinks he's going to make it and then Arya shanks him. Not based on any theories or foreshadowing or anything, just because I think it might happen.

I know it's never going to happen but Dragontits and her napalm machines really need to become some variety of baddies at some point here. Not a chance because she's going to be the one to do in a load of undead, but still.

"Fewer."

Great episode that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It's mostly been theories I've heard/discussed with friends, nothing solid. But with Arya having seen him mingle with Tywin Lannister, Bran being Bran and Jon Snow not liking him you'd imagine his chances are not the best.

Yeah but his "chances" have been absolutely woeful all throughout the whole series, as no-one likes him and he's scheming with everyone.
    That is precisely why it seems like he'll be the one or one of the ones who'll end up on top in the end.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    "Fewer."
    Davos just knocked that whole sequence out of the park.

How many men do we have in the North to fight? 10,000? Less?"
    FEWER

What did you think?
    Of who?
    I think you know of WHOM I speak
    She has a good heart
    Yes, I see you were staring at her good heart

"Will you forgive me if I switched sides"

"You can't be free if you're still serving somebody"

"King Jon or "King Snow"

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Davos has been stealing every scene he's been in this season.

I'm also surprised that Littlefinger isn't on Arya's list but I think he will make it on there.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best ending would be Littlefinger on the Iron Throne. Chaos really is a ladder. He has been dicking around at Winterfell for a while now, he'll soon be off to see the Microwaver of Rice I'm sure. She'd hate him as well.

That episode was great. The sound of the Dothraki horde coming and fear in the commanders was amazing. Aside from the battle ('flee you fucking idiot' the best line in it), I loved the Arya/Sansa scenes but Sansa was getting all mopey during the fighting scene with Brienne, so not sure what that was all about.

No chance Jaime dies, he might switch sides though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this season doesn't end with Bronn and Tyrion kicking it old school and bantering some White Walkers to death I'm going to be disappointed

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that was just Sansa realising Arya wasn't fucking around with her shit list and growing worried that she was genuinely planning to go to a place Sansa knows to be a hellhole to try to kill the Queen.

I watched the leaked copy and initially thought Tyrion said 'kill her, you idiot' because the audio was ever so slightly muffled. That would have been a quality moment for a heel turn, but the line as it actually happened was brilliant too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was surrounded by Dothraki mentalists, so it'd have been a brave call

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of whom speak English, and he muttered it almost under his breath. I just wound it back to make sure because it seemed like a mad thing for him to say, but giving it some thought after the episode I decided it would have been a quality turn.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any reason why Mark Gatiss has to rock up to do the same scene in every episode? A bank lends money, you say?

Littlefinger is becoming quite unintentionally funny. 'Who owned this dagger?' 'Oi don't know, to be sure, to be sure.'

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also speaks purely by breathing out.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a prayer that Littlefinger gets out of Winterfell.

The only reason they kept him alive this season is so Bran can out him and Arya can kill him. He's not serving any purpose anymore. The story's gotten bigger than him.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My big prediction for the ending is the dragons die but save the day, and the world's magic dies with it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AV Club had a quote which I like a lot, about the travel times, etc.

Yeah, but what is the alternative? Lots of insterstitial cards that say the dates (six days later...)? Giant masses of men and ships being gone for 10 episodes at a time? Characters walking around doing exposition dumps?

"Oh, the queen isn't here, Theon. She left exactly four days ago, which is the amount of time it takes to sail to the mainland and ride 200 miles while sending riders and dragons ahead to make sure no word reaches the Lannister armies in the field. Sorry, Bro."

"Damn it, if only somebody would have told me that 4 weeks ago when I convinced these men to bring me here, which was six days after the staggering onslaught that Euron Greyjoy sprung upon our ships before he sailed to King's landing with his hostages, then left immediately to intercept the Targaryen navy."

"Ah, I wouldn't know, I've been mining dragon glass for the last 8 days and 4 hours..."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And anyway, the books are written much in the same manner.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon and Dany has way better chemistry than I thought they would.

I mean, it's still Emilia Clarke, but Kit has improved so much since S1 and there's actually some nuance to the scenes between them.

I just hope they don't have cave sex.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and Jaime should have died there.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Mayor Carchetti and all but he's now covering his terrible accent by talking like Batman at all times.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The convenient convincing cave paintings were quite lol. Did Davos paint them himself?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The convenient convincing cave paintings were quite lol. Did Davos paint them himself?
    "And here, my queen, we have the King in the North giving it to the Mother of Dragons."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaime absolutely couldn't die there. They're only just hammering home the fact he's not a cunt like Cersei (granted we've known that for ages, but they're making it more and more obvious) and he only just found out Tyrion was innocent all along. Too much story would have died with him, and he needs to be involved in Cersei's death (or vice versa.... but most likely that way round).

Granted he was more likely than Dany, though it would have been brilliant if she died the first time she actually did anything.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denaerys is trying her best in this season to seem a little more manic, I reckon, but it's not coming through at all.

To be honest, Emilia Clarke is a little too girlish-cutsey-looking to pull off anything serious. Even her voice is a little too squeeky. Everytime I see her I just sort of feel like she's really really misplaced, and look much more like she should be in a RomCom instead.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her looks aren't the issue. She just can't act.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    he needs to be involved in Cersei's death (or vice versa.... but most likely that way round).
    Presumably if he does Cersei in once she's gone full mental she goes exactly the same way as Aerys, with a sword through her back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's either gonna be that or hands (hand?) round the throat as per the prophecy.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Her looks aren't the issue. She just can't act.

Presumably if he does Cersei in once she's gone full mental she goes exactly the same way as Aerys, with a sword through her back.
    The symmetry of that would be particularly pleasing, did they film his previous King knobbling in the series?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This here (skip to about 28 seconds in if you want to get right to it) seems to be it.

But yes, it would be rather fitting. Though I dunno what could drive Cersei further than she's already gone. The kids are all gone, her potentially losing the Iron Throne seems almost tame after that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the Trudge of Bran is about as compelling in the series as it is in the books.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like Jaime's armour is superglued to his body. The first two minutes of the next episode will be him dramatically struggling out of his armour (which sinks to the bottom, symbolically) and then surfacing to get captured.

The real question is whether Bronn's still alive. Surfacing to see a dead Bronn would be a classic GoT bait-and-switch. I want him alive though, because we need some people who can still smirk in the background of boring people having serious discussions.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His golden hand (which Cersei had made for him) sinking to the bottom is the symbolic bit. Henceforth he'll do a face turn of some sort.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that visible? I just sort of saw the whole of him sinking.

By the way, Bronn was also sinking, wasn't he (assuming that was Bronn and not that Tarly kid)? Because that seems a little odd, given Bronn doesn't wear chainmail does he? Being a ninja fighter and all.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, but given gold is the heaviest substance going you'd think it will need to take a stroll.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He dropped it all during the battle.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Jaime's gold hand. I'm pretty sure they did a Chekhov's gun of him putting it on a few episodes ago as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw some daft theory about how one of the three figures in the cave painting had its sword in the left hand instead of the right so that's why Jamie will live...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I mean Jaime's gold hand. I'm pretty sure they did a Chekhov's gun of him putting it on a few episodes ago as well.
    Right. He can't turn anyway. Not yet. They will swap him for their prisoners and then he will turn at the end when he kills Cersei (and probably himself).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Saw some daft theory about how one of the three figures in the cave painting had its sword in the left hand instead of the right so that's why Jamie will live...
    That's exactly the sort of foreshadowing they would do. When they did an overhead shot of the map Cersei was having painted in her courtyard she was standing on 'The Neck' and he was standing on 'The Fingers', apparently, which is about as clumsy as things can possibly get.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's exactly the sort of foreshadowing they would do. When they did an overhead shot of the map Cersei was having painted in her courtyard she was standing on 'The Neck' and he was standing on 'The Fingers', apparently, which is about as clumsy as things can possibly get.

Christ.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're only one more explosion away from getting Michael Bay in to direct an episode.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's actually 1 that holds it on the left hand, 1 on the right and 1 holds a spear (and appears to be left-handed as well). Seems more than a bit far-fetched, albeit the thing with Cersei and the map is the king of them all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drogon for the chop?

Khal Drogoesque leading the Dothraki and getting a shoulder injury. Plus Qyburn loves some poison.

Then you've got the two left for Jon and Dany.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't there prophecies relating to all three dragons?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably, but they've already managed to muddy the waters on the 'Prince who was Promised' with three lines of dialogue so if they decide one of the dragons copping it will make for a good scene I'm sure they'll figure a way around whatever they've said before.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it's only been mentioned in the books.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prophecies are an absolutely shite narrative device anyway. Don't tell me what's going to happen because some magic wanker said so. The book is packed full of the things.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I liked the tower Dany went into in the book. The show ruined it completely though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prophecies are, without exception, just the writer being smug.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent episode but a bit of a let down after the last one. Especially the part of Jamie and Bronn making it back to King's Landing. You'd think Dany and the Dothraki would be looking for them.

That said, it had one of my favourite lines of the whole show, delivered by none other than Don Davos to Gendry: "Wasn’t sure I’d find you. Thought you might still be rowing." Brilliant

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series makes you wonder what they had been playing at with the previous series' pacing. Also lol at Gilly potentially ending the world.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about how they've turned Davos into a fan service rent-a-quote. He used to be hard as nails.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I winced when he said that. It's meta nonsense on a series that really can't afford to get into acknowledging the meta.