I'm sure everyone knows to some extent that websites cost money. In order to keep The Third Half going someone needs to keep paying for it. At the moment, SvN pays for the domain name and I pay for the hosting.

I've created a GoFundMe page where we can all donate and it will show how much money we have raised. I figured this would be more successful than asking everyone to send me money via Paypal and take my word for it with regards to how much we've saved up to put towards the forum.

Now there are two things that definitely need paying for, which are the hosting and the domain name.

@SvN if you let me know how much the total cost of the domain name is, I will add it to the target amount.

The hosting costs £69.98 for two years. The hosting company have said I can pay for more years at once, albeit for no bulk-buy discount. Despite this, I still think it will be worthwhile to get a few years paid off and sorted if possible.

The third thing we could potentially raise money for is a genuine vBulletin license. One member has previously offered to pay for this, but as it is £168.04 I think it's only fair we try to crowd-fund the fee. However, I must stress that this should only be considered once the domain and hosting have been covered.

The page to donate can be found at www.GoFundMe.com/TheThirdHalf

I have set the initial target as £518.

This takes into account ten years of hosting, totalling £349.90, and the £168.04 for the license. (The actual total is £517.94)

Would anyone here be happy to donate? 38 people voted in a recent poll, which gives us a rough idea of active members. Obviously not every one of those will be able to donate, and some will give less than others, but even if everyone donated £2 it would at least cover the hosting for another 2 years. I'd say that should be the bare minimum target.

Feel free to discuss this to death before any money gets put in the pot, and equally you're more than welcome to start donating already, but please use this thread to discuss how you hope the future pans out for the forum and how you can help pay for it.

For those who either can't afford to donate, or simply don't want to, don't worry about it.