It's been a while since we had a good old religion debate.

I'm atheist, and whilst I used to not really care what other people think, the older I get, I find myself getting annoyed with people who believe in God. And then Christians or Muslims are challenged, politely, on their beliefs - for example "do you literally believe in Adam and Eve, do you believe that there was a talking snake with them, and that God took a rib out of Adam's chest to make Eve?"- they get a little sheepish and fairly defensive. You will find lots of Christian sites that claim this to be literal, and a few less that claim that it is a parable.

The more people I talk to, the more I think that people don't believe in God at all, or the story of Christianity. They simply believe; Christianity is good, I was told I was a Christian, therefore I am a Christian (in the UK, at least).

I find the openness of people like Ted Cruz concerning his religion really unsettling - to think this guy who believes so profoundly in this shit, could be the most powerful man in the world. Frightening.

So, do you actually believe in God and all the stories (those that we are told are literal) of the bible?