User Tag List

Thread: The train I was on earlier today fatally ran over someone & other freaky shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The train I was on earlier today fatally ran over someone & other freaky shit

I was on my way back to my place from my parents' earlier today, and like one minute outside the final station (where I was going) the train just broke suddenly and stopped. A couple minutes later the ticket guy asked on the speaker if there was a doctor on board. Which is basically the plot to Airplane!, one of my favourite movies. Anyway we saw ambulances come soon so I assumed either someone walked on the tracks or the driver had an illness, cos we ended up being stopped there for one hour before the train was allowed to pull up into the station.

I looked up local news this evening and turns out that a woman did walk on the tracks and has died. Now I didn't see anything or anything traumatising but it is kind of freaky. :/ Has anything like this happened to any of you guys?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often walk and get run over on the tracks, yes.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I often walk and get run over on the tracks, yes.
    such a cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed you looked that way because of the kebab shop incident.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a fight in a pub last night, was about 20 people involved. I was really close so saw a good few blows landed too. In the end it seemed like one guy had caused it, and he got shoved out the pub and the door locked behind him. Next minute he's up at the window, giving it large, and then started headbutting the window. He was only about five foot eight, and weighed less than me, so he must have been pretty drunk/off his head to think he could win against the crowd of actual adults in the pub. By this point my mate was back from the toilet so I was telling her what had happened, and how I'd heroically held onto our bottles of Desperados amongst the ruckus (plus some girl she knew started crying, lol) so I was a bit distracted when the window suddenly smashed. It later turned out a stool had been thrown through it, but at the time I was convinced he'd headbutted it. Anyway, then the little pitbull lad somehow gets back inside the pub and starts hitting numerous people in the mob. The police turn up outside but the door is still locked (I laughed so much about this at the time. There was a massive fight going on, loads of women screaming for help, but the police were just waiting outside, watching it all unfold through the hole that used to be a window) which eventually gets opened and about six coppers pile in to split it up. One of them got a smashing punch for his troubles, too. Anyway, the hardnut gets dragged outside on his front and handcuffed, then one of the screaming women runs over and boots him in the face, which the police just ignore and he's well and truly in a state on the floor. It was boss. Then the landlady shouted "everyone out" so we put our drinks in my mates coat pocket and took them over the road to share the tale with The Reid, who just so happened to be in there.

My biggest regret of the year so far (and it probably won't be beaten) is not getting a pic of me with the guy getting arrested in the background.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for a regional newspaper / website and we report someone being scraped off the tracks once or twice a week, frankly. It's incredibly common. Hundreds, if not thousands, must die on the network each year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to say that is surely bollocks but nope, sadly not. Two hundred and seventy nine last year, according to this: http://www.rail.co.uk/rail-news/2014...safety-review/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised it's not more than that. Seems to happen all the time around here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was living in Toronto, I went out onto the balcony one morning and looked down to see a group of people mopping up some geezer who'd thrown himself from the apartment building opposite. I can't recall exactly what I had for breakfast that morning, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't scrambled eggs.

I also walked into a murder scene in Wendys in the same complex.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I walked past a rape scene in Aberdeen the other day. Forensics were combing the place. Pretty awful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When traveling, me and the girlfriend were in El Paso we were walking back from a restaurant up to our hotel when a bunch of cops stopped us and asked what the hell we were doing out and that we should head back immediately, we assume this is because we were obviously tourists in a predominantly Hispanic area. However upon getting back, switched on the TV to see that two streets up from the restaurant there had been two cartel killings heads placed on doorsteps with the bodies left on show, and a house was being invested because some more bodies were found (think the corpses in the wall like Sicario), the cops were essentially blocking off the street from anyone going down there.

Bit insane, but then El Paso/Juarez border is a pretty cool place to visit, especially the burning cross/light with message that stuck the side of the mountain.
    Test.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the immediate aftermath of a bloke lobbing himself off the seventh floor of my block of flats. Missed him actually doing it by about 30 seconds. Surprising the amount of blood that gets about from blunt impact injuries.

Turned out he was fresh from murdering his wife and child as they sat in his car.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old man saw Greek health and safety at it's finest, he was working in Athens at the time, at the docks. One of the Greek fellas had been missing for a few days and no one could find him. Anyways, they were moving the containers about and got to an empty one on the bottom, lifted it up and noticed some rather unusual pulp stuck the bottom of it. It was the missing Greek, crushed to death after having it dropped on him, wasn't much left of him to identify and he was just a rotting pulp of blood, bones and flesh. The bloke my dad was working with said it was a common occurrence.
    Test.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once saw a hit and run by a drunk driver. The girl (17 at the time) died a day or two later.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw an old lady get hit by a bus. The bus seemed to stop right as it hit her but she just bounced off the thing and a bag of oranges she was carrying went everywhere.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew there was a real reason you hated oranges.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up one morning to find our neighbour dead in her back garden, she'd locked herself out and tried to climb over the wall which had collapsed on her. Heard the noise of tumbling masonry during the night but didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a motorbike smash head on into a bus. Amazingly, the bus driver was actually concentrating/cared and managed to stop before he squished him. I was late for work, so not sure if he survived.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Woke up one morning to find our neighbour dead in her back garden, she'd locked herself out and tried to climb over the wall which had collapsed on her. Heard the noise of tumbling masonry during the night but didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep.
    For some reason this one has me more fucked up than any of the others.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    For some reason this one has me more fucked up than any of the others.
    Yeah, that was a pretty weird morning. My room (and window) was at the back of the house but in a recess so you can only see into one adjoining back yard. We had no idea anything had happened until we noticed lots of people in overalls with masks and the road being blocked off by police vans. I then checked out the window of the back room (the guy who lived there was still asleep) to see her lying there being examined by SOC people.

Felt pretty shitty that I'd heard it happen and just gone back to sleep.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the first half of United vs Real Madrid in 2013 because somebody chucked themselves in front of a train. It's pure selfishness. Do it at home.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nearly got ran over this morning due to some cunt slowing right down at a crossing but not actually stopping. If I hadn't hesitated, the woman standing next to me and her kids would've witnessed my death.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspected murder and suicide round the corner last night (literally 150 yards away).

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...r_and_suicide/

I drove past earlier and there was all sorts going on, as you'd expect.