User Tag List

Page 60 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Sydney increasingly becoming London-like bollocks in terms of property ownership? Watch that start sinking those 'quality of life' surveys.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is going that way whilst China has money to buy it all up.

Vancouver turned to shit and that place was some kind of plaid-covered paradise on Earth. It'd be no surprise if Australia was feeling the same.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're both boxed in by National Parks, which can't help. You could make Calgary or Canberra the size of France and nobody would care.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brisbane has a sizeable Chinese poplation and it hasn't changed my quality of life at all. My only problem is that they haven't taken to Rugby Union yet despite the biggest suburban Rugby Club in Queensland being smack bang in the middle of where most live.

Selfish cunts

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be something about team sports that clashes with the drone mentality. You can drill somebody to death for most Olympic sports, but throw them in a team (or in a group loitering near some stairs on a university campus) and their brains melt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must admit I didn't predict Bruh to be the one having a FUCKING MAD meltdown in this thread.

If Clinton gets done, part of the reason will be her campaign trying to run up the score in Arizona instead of making sure she has her 270 votes locked in.

Dems won't win the Senate if she loses, so there will be no effective check on Trump's whims. The Republicans aren't going to stop him if he wins because they'll realise that the only chance the have to stay relevant is to jump on board his populism train. Even now any Republican running in a state that isn't completely one sided is kissing his ass, despite him going against every traditional Republican value, because they've figured out that he's directly tapped enough of their base that they can't win if they oppose him. Same as the Tea Partiers shredded the traditional Republican base by turfing the moderates - you can't win from the middle in the Republican party any more.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us...alls-utah.html

Just got this call.

I didn't expect him to actually introduce himself as "farmer and white supremacist", but there you go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Isn't Sydney increasingly becoming London-like bollocks in terms of property ownership? Watch that start sinking those 'quality of life' surveys.
    Yeah, property prices are becoming a serious problem. Anyone who ran on a "negative gearing is obviously insane" policy platform could probably get elected in any Sydney seat at the moment. Still a great place to live, mind you. I went to the beach before work this morning.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half court basketball seems to be very popular.

The Japanese blokes love themselves some Rugby however. East Brisbane Rugby Club does well in the lower grades with Japanese outside backs.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    You were wrong and I was right, how embarrassing is that? Aren't you supposed to be smart and objective and the voice of reason??? But I guess you're just as irrational and blind as the rest of the Leftist cucks currently experiencing a meltdown associated with having their perception of reality upended.
    Wait, is the election over? nobody told me (ignoring the fact that Ital doesn't appear to have actually been wrong, anyway).

Also being rich in Australia is roughly equivalent to lower-middle class in America. Cope harder.
    You don't actually believe this do you? You're educated - you can't be stupid enough to think that this is true.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Trump just got his largest circulation newspaper endorsement:

https://mobile.twitter.com/funder/st...865472/photo/1

Republicans must be so proud.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
    Just came back for the details. You think Trump is going to sweep the swing states?

The firewall is Colorado/New Hampshire/Pennsylvania/Virginia. If he cracks any one of those four, I'd say he wins the election. You reckon he's going to get all four, as well as the three you listed? Because that's a far, far ballsier prediction than my comparatively lightweight "the polls will narrow before the day". If you're right on a prediction that big, you're a genius.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Mexico, Wisconsin and Michigan are heavily in favour of Clinton (~80% each state).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet he still doesn't want to take my bet.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the election will ultimately come down to, I think, is whether enough people will plug their nose and vote for Clinton in the midst of the hurricane of shit currently touching down on the election and her campaign. I imagine everyone already knows whether they'll vote for Trump or not, but there were probably people who'd convinced themselves to vote for Clinton after Trump's tapes who are now turning back to their disgusted third-party irrelevance.

One week, fuck me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert and Nate Silver actually agree:

It’s true that Trump would have to make a breakthrough somewhere, by winning at least one state in Clinton’s firewall. But that’s why it’s not only reasonable but 100 percent strategically correct for Trump to be campaigning in states such as Michigan and Wisconsin. (I’ll grant that New Mexico is more of a stretch.) Sure, Trump’s behind in these states, but he has to win somewhere where he’s behind — or he’s consigning himself to four more years in Trump Tower instead of the White House. Michigan and Wisconsin are as reasonable as any other targets: Trump isn’t any further behind in them than he is in higher-profile battleground states such as Pennsylvania, and the demographics are potentially more favorable for him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can all agree it'll be fucking fantastic when it's over and we have four years of respite from all this bollocks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comfort for Mert even if Clinton wins is that she's absolutely shit. She'll get 4 years, the Republicans get another crack and assuming they don't nominate a wibbling retard they'll win easily.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I think we can all agree it'll be fucking fantastic when it's over and we have four years of respite from all this bollocks
    Two years tops, then it all starts again.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's doing my head in as it is and I couldn't tell you anything more than the two candidates.

EDIT: and that it's on the 8th but you could vote early if you posted it in.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance. They'll spend 2 years trying to impeach her and then it's on to 2020.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

'Firewall.'

I even cancelled the subscriptions to the two journals I used to get because all they talk about is the election. Once it is over I'll reconsider.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tell em!

leedsrevolution
    Can we have like a swear jar at TTH. Every time mert says "cuck" "alpha" etc he has to put £1 into it. We'd be fucking rich by the end of year. Australian rich mind you, not American rich.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper beta behaviour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    The comfort for Mert even if Clinton wins is that she's absolutely shit. She'll get 4 years, the Republicans get another crack and assuming they don't nominate a wibbling retard they'll win easily.
    Problem is, that's what they keep doing. If they'd go for a fiscal conservative and leave all the god shit alone they'd walk in.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lolled at her chimping out at 'Bill Clinton is a rapist' (fair play to the heckler there). Didn't deny it, like.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelle Obama 2020

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bizarre how an ability to speak in complete sentences is apparently evidence of your suitability for the presidency. I've seen serious political commentators suggesting Michelle Obama as a future POTUS. Whether it's because they're all caught up in THE MOMENT and they repent of it the next day or they actually believe it is anybody's guess.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be fair, once Donald Trump is in the last two you've opened the gates to pretty much anyone breathing. Tony Blair should have a go.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This all started when they had to pretend she was good looking, and now they're trapped in the lie.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Newly-elected President Sean Penn."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had some right shit candidates in the past - like Barry 'in your guts, you know he's nuts' Goldwater, George McGovern, or Walter Mondale - but they all got massacred in the public / popular vote. That wouldn't happen now, because the Americans have degraded political discourse to a ludicrous extent. There's a prevailing view that you could stick any chancer into the position and it wouldn't matter.

I thought it had reached peak hilarity with Palin in 2008. She could barely speak properly, yet the ticket got nearly sixty fucking million votes. And yet here we are.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry Goldwater was an American hero, and pretty much right about everything.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a counterpoint, Barry Goldwater was wrong about everything and his successors broke the US irreparably.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    This all started when they had to pretend she was good looking, and now they're trapped in the lie.
    She is though.

(Don't worry, mert. So's Melania. Breathe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I do wonder if the Democrats are going to hop on the celebrity candidate train soon. I can absolutely see it happening a couple of elections down the track.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people really don't know how to have any fun in politics at all. I miss the sheer joy of Louisiana politics. This denial of wrongdoing is just wonderful:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexburns...954944/photo/1

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    It'd be George Clooney, surely.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Kostner.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah blokes it's Mel Gibson 😎

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a video of Arnie kicking off about Climate Change the other day which I believe isn't viewed as an issue by the republicans so he could be an option for the democrats.

The consolation of a Trump win is knowing that Trump would definitely detest Mert if he ever had the misfortune to meet him.

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Nah blokes it's Mel Gibson ��
    This is Anerica we're talking about, it would be Britney Spears.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you believe Clinton is culpable at this point, we've basically reached Edwin Edwards/David Duke territory:

Better evil and competent. Again, I don't buy the mud that has been slung, but at this stage, even if I did, right?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is quite good:

What I learned after 100,000 miles on the road talking to Trump supporters

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...y_to_clipboard

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owen Jones' hostage-like appeal to American voters was good, as was the confirmation that his self-awareness has entirely vanished.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing as Brexit, almost identical in fact: divide between the winners and the losers from globalisation. The losers refuse to accept truths accepted by the winners; the winners refuse even to acknowledge the existence of the losers, or where they do, openly detest them. The winners have access to all the tools of the establishment, but they don't necessarily have democratic numbers on their side.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have boiled it far too much to that and JD Vance's Hillbilly Ellegy. It is also this (from one of the best conservative journalists around), which has been happening for much longer. Watching just parts of the accompanying Buckley / Regan debate (Regan comes on at about the 16 minute mark) to see how far debate has fallen since I was a kid is just so sad.

http://freebeacon.com/columns/crisis...-intellectual/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Mass media has really fucked up our politics.