User Tag List

Page 57 of 238 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Middle East stuff is nasty, but nobody's winning any votes with it either. Both sides appealing to their base. Trump praising Assad, which is just a basket of insanity, but his support won't care. He will have confirmed the opinion of people who don't think he really understands the region or has any coherent plan to deal with it, but they weren't going to vote for him in the first place.

At any rate, I think we've heard the big takeaway quote from the debate, and it's from Trump: “I’ll keep you in suspense.”

When asked whether he would accept a Clinton victory in November, Trump’s ultimate response was, “I’ll keep you in suspense.” I don’t mean to editorialize here, but this is perhaps the most alarming thing I’ve heard a presidential candidate say on a debate stage. In some ways, this is almost as bad — or maybe worse — than Trump coming out and saying he wouldn’t accept a loss. There are two principles at stake beyond accepting the legitimacy of the election system. The first is being honest about one’s plans and stances. The American presidency is not the latest Tana French novel — leaders can’t keep the people in suspense. The second is that presidential candidates cannot cast themselves in the role of investigating elections. Trump can’t do this, Clinton can’t do this. The only answer is that evaluating the fairness of the election is up to the commissions that are appointed to do this, not to the candidates themselves. Regardless of your policy beliefs, this is not how democracy works.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This debate has been pretty repetitive of the last one. The first one was the best, and made me like Clinton more, but this one is just making me depressed all around.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    National debt is an easy topic to finish. No obvious attacks to be landed. We've probably seen the best of what's to be said.

I'd expect the big topics to come out of the debate will be Middle Eastern politics (on a simple level: preparedness and lack thereof) and allegations of rigged elections. The latter will be the main one though, you'd have to think. Even Republicans are taking Trump to task over it:

Some prominent Republicans, including Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, have fought back against Trump’s claims — repeated tonight — that the election may be rigged. Husted, who said he would vote for Trump, also said: “I can reassure Donald Trump — I am in charge of elections in Ohio, and they’re not going to be rigged,” adding that the election process “is bipartisan, it’s transparent, and there’s just no justification for concern about widespread voter fraud.”
    The news cycle loves intra-party conflict, and Trump has left himself wide open on that flank. We won't have heard the last of that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump: “I did disagree very strongly with Ronald Reagan.”

That could be an very smart or very stupid comment. It positions him as anti-establishment in a way that his base will like, but RR is basically a demigod to the right. I think it'll play overall positive to his supporters, but it's a pretty brave statement to make.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to watch this non-biased as possible, and on what each person is saying - but my god, it's difficult. To be fair, even Hilary was a little weak on Syria there - but she said more substantially things than Trump.
    I don't get why the moderator isn't asking "what would you do to fix this...", "what is your policy on this". Rather, he's letting both candidates talk shit and just divert back to an older point that they are trying to make.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall debate impression: Trump was largely controlled (aside from losing it a bit in the Middle East), but came across as weaker on policy and details than Clinton. I think Clinton "won" the debate, but through more detailed policy understanding rather than goading out his ill-temperament. She wasn't perfect, but she was super-prepped, and Trump seemed far more lightweight on policy than he should be at this point.

The debate won't move the polls in either direction, which works for Clinton, because we're getting to the point where Trump needs to land some hammer blows. It makes sense that he was more concerned with landing a big hit than getting stuck into policy, because that's what he really has to do between now and the election. But for that to work, he really, really needs to have something connect, and it seemed like she anticipated most of the big swings and had planned out responses. Nothing happened that caught her off-guard.

Executive summary: Clinton took the points, but on policy rather than temperament.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only all of our predictions could come true so quickly, Ital.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next week, I'll give out the lottery numbers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the debate having no real background to either.

Trump just comes across as a moron. He didn't actually answer any of the questions, never mind finish a sentence.

Clinton clearly has some "iffy" background but I'm not entirely sure that's out of the norm of any politician.

If trump wins this the American people (who allowed it to happen) can only blame themselves when the rest of the world turn against them.

Good lord. How has he made it this far?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thoroughly depressing debate.

My final prediction is Hilary by seven points but what an absolutely shite state of affairs that is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these hashtags are brilliant as well;

#DrainTheSwamp
    #BigLeagueTruth

The best one however is easily #TrumpBookReport

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #TrumpTheCunt

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clinton: "That's because Donald would prefer to see a puppet in charge"
    Trump: "No...you're the puppet! No.... you're the puppet... you're the puppet"

Is this what American politics has come to? School ground name calling?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is your mom mate. YOUR MOM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that one was the best debate although that's not saying much considering the rock-bottom level we're coming from. Not that it will change a single person's mind.

Ital, you're such a fucking nerd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    How stupid does he thinks the viewers are?
    I mean, around 40% of them are planning to vote for him so...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, hard not to like McMullin. First time I've heard this so explicitly from the right:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ev...rticle/2604432

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A TENTH woman, Karena Virginia, has now come out and claimed that Trump groped her.

How many sexual assault accusation was it that Obama had against him in the run up to his election, I can't remember...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Barack "Hussein The Kenyan" Obama to you

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How a vaguely civilised country can have allowed such an abominable person to get the last two is beyond me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jean-Marie Le Pen did once get to the last two in Fr... as you were.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said he will accept the results of the US election "if I win".

He added that he would accept a "clear" result - but reserved the right to challenge a "questionable" result.
    Good old Trump-ese there. Leave no indication to what a questionable result is so he can still bitch and cry for a revolution when he doesn't win.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    A TENTH woman, Karena Virginia, has now come out and claimed that Trump groped her.

How many sexual assault accusation was it that Obama had against him in the run up to his election, I can't remember...
    Does she also work for the Clinton campaign? Did she also cordially reach out to Trump about business opportunities as recently as last year? Lol at you buying any of this, no sexual assault claims for 30 years while in the public eye while constantly surrounded by beautiful women, 3 weeks before a presidential election (where were they during the Primaries?) they all come out of the wood work.

You are an actual idiot if you give them any credibility. I guess Bill Clinton's past mattered too eh, but that didn't stop Democrats from celebrating and electing a serial rapist. Hypocrisy from the Left as per usual.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    How a vaguely civilised country can have allowed such an abominable person to get the last two is beyond me.
    We going to pretend like Clinton isn't a corrupt criminal who openly rigged the Democrat primary in her favor and aside from unprecedented incompetence in the office, abused her position as Secretary of State to enrich her own family at the expense of American national security? Lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That $50 bet is still out there if you're that confident.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert will only take it if he wins.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    We going to pretend like Clinton isn't a corrupt criminal who openly rigged the Democrat primary in her favor and aside from unprecedented incompetence in the office, abused her position as Secretary of State to enrich her own family at the expense of American national security? Lol.
    Let's say we accept your assessment of Clinton, now consider that Trump is still so very obviously the shitty end of the stick. If I were American I would be ashamed to have him represent me, the man is a disgraceful example of humanity and a fucking terrible politician.

Now do another pantomime post and the media and/or cucks.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get the feeling this is what happens when a guy who's been told he's great all his life, is finally being put in his place. He can't grasp it. I mean, it would've been enough for a man who's never held office to finish runner-up and take some kudos and raise his pricetag a bit. The way he's fighting, it's like every facet of his being is under fire.

I really, really hope Clinton mobilises the FBI to have a look at him and his family's books.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That $50 bet is still out there if you're that confident.
    Bet you $50 Barcelona wins their next home game in the league 1:1 odds. That's how retarded you sound.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert still acting like a wager between "mates" is like a betting exchange or something. SAD!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy who brags about how rich he is haggling over what you'd earn working a shift at McDonalds. Low energy! SAD!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert not understanding the concept of an internet forum bet. When will he learn? Dull and boring. SAD!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bet you $50 Barcelona wins their next home game in the league 1:1 odds. That's how retarded you sound.
    This is ridiculous, what a freak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect we'll see that video of him playing basketball long before he makes a bet he knows he won't win, so why bother. Still, if Trump loses then - by his own logic - he doesn't understand America and will therefore have no credibility whatsoever. Not that he has any at the minute, but we'll just secure our e-wins with "but Trump, mate".

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that in Mert's football analogy Clinton is Barcelona and Trump is Granada.

One being demonstrably better than the other, in all respects, in the field in question. Apt.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granada of course being controlled by foreign corporate interests, as well as being the scene of the most successful Muslim foray into the western world.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump after the debate.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Ital, you're such a fucking nerd.
    I was at work with the debate showing in a corner of my screen. Had to share my thoughts with someone, and you guys got the short straw.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does she also work for the Clinton campaign? Did she also cordially reach out to Trump about business opportunities as recently as last year? Lol at you buying any of this, no sexual assault claims for 30 years while in the public eye while constantly surrounded by beautiful women, 3 weeks before a presidential election (where were they during the Primaries?) they all come out of the wood work.

You are an actual idiot if you give them any credibility. I guess Bill Clinton's past mattered too eh, but that didn't stop Democrats from celebrating and electing a serial rapist. Hypocrisy from the Left as per usual.
    It's not that I believe every claim as such... it's more that the claims exist, that Trump has a history of sexual discrimination and inappropriate behaviour, and that his defence has been "she is too ugly to have assaulted".

I agree that I would have preferred these woman to come out at the time - however, as with many high profile cases, once 2 or 3 come to light, then generally gives other victims the confidence to also come forward. Donald Trump only has one person to blame for all of this, and it isn't Clinton. And no, it appears that Karena Virginia does not work for Clinton.
    Regarding Bill - The fact that the Democats previously put forward a rapist (they didn't), doesn't excuse it happening again - what point are you making here. And even if I could, I was a little too young to condemn him at the time.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the Trump accepting the results of the election - if he doesn't, I guess the media could just turn around and say "ok, enough is enough, ignore the oaf". It won't happen, of course. But if they likes of Fox really believe in AMERCIA!!!!!!, then they could just move on.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two-Faced Mert knew how to make a casual bet when he bet me that Trump would win the nomination, and now I have to rush a frat at McGill. McGill doesn't have any frats! Sad!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hilla...ry?id=42947939

Jesus, the guy was even jeered at the Al Smith dinner His delivery really is terrible.

Just watched some of it, Hilary was pretty funny, Trump was just largely unfunny and quite boring. The Melania/Michelle line was funny, though.

Giuliani's reaction
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Hillary' pretending to laugh at his jokes makes her teeth look like they're held in with plaque.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a boring couple of days in terms of this election so let's share this.

A right wing 'news' site is claiming that Hilary Clinton has a personal 'sex-fixer' who gets her her hook-ups and they've identified that man.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left wing media bias again mate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's amazing

More successful than most Magic's Avatar