User Tag List

Page 111 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,550 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/po...ews/index.html

Sebastian Gorka, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, said Monday that the administration will continue using the term "fake news" until the media understands that their "monumental desire" to attack the President is wrong.

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term," Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio host Michael Medved.

"That's how unhealthy the situation is and until the media understands how wrong that attitude is, and how it hurts their credibility, we are going to continue to say, 'fake news.' I'm sorry, Michael. That's the reality," he added.
    "We will repeatedly attempt to discredit any organization which doesn't immediate blow the president."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're such big babies, it's amazing.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Vos lost by two votes. 48-50.

12 hours ago, this is what team Trump was telling the GOP

lol

edit: Whoops, I misread. It ended in a tie with Mike Pence casting the deciding vote. De Vos passes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screw you phonics, got my hopes up there for a second.

De Vos really is the most blatant case of shitty nominations from this administration, and that's saying something.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    They're such big babies, it's amazing.
    I'm especially enjoying this since the Right are always so quick to moan about free speech and the right to offend, but this lot cannot take any criticism whatsoever. Trump in particular is a fucking 5 year old.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder if a President can be impeached for bringing the position into disrepute.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I'm especially enjoying this since the Right are always so quick to moan about free speech and the right to offend, but this lot cannot take any criticism whatsoever. Trump in particular is a fucking 5 year old.
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...9#.WJopDfkrLIU

The election of President Trump means that there is a 70-year old snowflake in the White House. The ‘leader of the free world’ is as intolerant of speech he finds offensive as any ban-happy college radical. And this presidential snowflake is empowered, not just to protest against a speaker on campus, but to attack the First Amendment to the US Constitution and try to limit the freedom of the press.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is all fine isn't it, but I can't imagine the vast majority of his voters give a fuck and they're the people you need to convince. Some of his opponents are going to sneer regardless of what he does, so he might as well just go for it and ride the wave as long as he can.

That's not to say he's not bonkers, obviously, but then I wouldn't have voted for him anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Twitter feed reads like that of a teenager whose X-Box has been confiscated.

It's quite remarkable really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but we all knew that before the vote.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did. It's just odd to see the actual President of the United States doing it.

I'm sticking with bored off or assassinated.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-spicer-234715

The fact that a story about Trump possibly binning the most high profile member of his staff because a fucking sketch show took the piss doesn't seem completely out of bounds sums the whole administration up at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    We did. It's just odd to see the actual President of the United States doing it.

I'm sticking with bored off or assassinated.
    It's surreal seeing "President Trump", it has to be said. The problem you have here is that those who were sneering beforehand have ramped it up over the last couple of weeks, as if somehow everything that's happened since has proved them right and his voters will surely have seen the error of their ways.

It's not getting them anywhere, and can be ascribed to the Ed Miliband school of pursuing something because it makes them feel good about themselves. In reality, I suspect the vast majority of Trump voters think it's great so you're not exactly going to win the argument when you've maintained a consistent position of sneering.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm as guilty of this as anyone, but the constant pursuit by the media (both paid and independent gobshites) to inject DRAMA into politics, turning it into a soap opera really is becoming very tiresome.

It's very reminiscent of when the Premier League morphed into the BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE SPONSORED BY BARCLAYS.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the referendum book I am (bringing it up everywhere I know but it's a masterpiece), one of the striking things is how facts or substance-based stories from either side would be tossed out by journalists because they were only interested in leading the news with BORIS HAHA LOL and FARAGE IS A RACIST and OH MY GOD DAVE WILL HAVE TO RESIGN.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - it was fucking rife for it.

Why do all the politics threads run for hundreds of pages? Why is Twitter full of political outrage? 'We' fucking love it. It's the new Eastenders.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pose the question as to when it all started to move in this direction, but I suspect I already know the response....

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, Harold Wilson was pulling the same wank in the 60s.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eastenders is far more popular than this shit, which is powered by people struggling to fill the increased airtime that new media outlets provide, and barely resonates beyond the terminally sad.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More information and less of it matters. Bring back the sundial.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get over the fact that their Secretary of Education actually said that some school in Wyoming or something probably needed guns to protect from Grizzlies. It cracks me up every time.

You see these incessant SNL caricatures, and then you watch the "real" thing, and realize SNL isn't really doing anything different than Trump et al to make it funny. Imitating as closely as you can is enough.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We must stand against the immediacy of modern life.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never decide whether twats having a column up within two hours drives the idiocy or merely reflects and satisfies it (chicken and egg, I suppose). Football is probably worse for it then politics, and it all stems from being unable (or unwilling) to see the wood for the trees.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I can't get over the fact that their Secretary of Education actually said that some school in Wyoming or something probably needed guns to protect from Grizzlies. It cracks me up every time.

You see these incessant SNL caricatures, and then you watch the "real" thing, and realize SNL isn't really doing anything different than Trump et al to make it funny. Imitating as closely as you can is enough.
    In some rural schools attacks by wild animals is not an unrealistic danger. It's only 'hilarious' to elitist urbanites on the East / West coasts.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all the internet's fault. That and the decline of print circulation.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the guns were fake.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it funny then?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Why is it funny then?
    You serious? It's like watching one of these youtube videos where kids (De Vos) try to impersonate how they see adults (Politicians) and their out-of-place replies are just funny.

I mean as a Republican Politician isn't the go-to answer for why Guns should be allowed in schools to "protect kids from shooters or terrorists"? Fucking Grizzlies!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    In some rural schools attacks by wild animals is not an unrealistic danger. It's only 'hilarious' to elitist urbanites on the East / West coasts.
    Oh ok. When has there EVER been a school massacre in the US carried out by a Grizzly bear? 'Cause I missed most of those to be honest.
    I'll even open links with excessive use of 'z" and 'x' if you post them here.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You serious? It's like watching one of these youtube videos where kids (De Vos) try to impersonate how they see adults (Politicians) and their out-of-place replies are just funny.

I mean as a Republican Politician isn't the go-to answer for why Guns should be allowed in schools to "protect kids from shooters or terrorists"? Fucking Grizzlies!
    Yeah but that's just an exact copy of reality which isn't really funny then, is it. Or it is but in the original. I don't need some shit SNL replica.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but that's just an exact copy of reality which isn't really funny then, is it. Or it is but in the original. I don't need some shit SNL replica.
    Yeah that was exactly my point

US politics is enough of a farce on it's own.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok. When has there EVER been a school massacre in the US carried out by a Grizzly bear? 'Cause I missed most of those to be honest.
    I'll even open links with excessive use of 'z" and 'x' if you post them here.
    I'm sure I heard about a mountain lion eating someone at a high school once, somewhere like Colorado. Could have misremembered it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite thing lately has been Trump fans finding out all their favourite things think he's a dick and 'boycotting' them.

A personal favourite being a boycott of Kellogs cornflakes that they did by.... buying Kellogs cornflakes and videoing them flushing them down the toilet.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and this one

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that was exactly my point

US politics is enough of a farce on it's own.
    No it was my point. It's beyond satire making all these attempts by Baldwin etc a waste of time and not funny at all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think Melissa McCarthy was that funny (and that goes for other shit she's in by the way.) Baldwin is better as Trump.

Important that the clown-show that is the Trump presidency is not "normalised" as some want it to be.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I heard about a mountain lion eating someone at a high school once, somewhere like Colorado. Could have misremembered it.
    Well, IF that indeed happened, I'd be somewhat surprised if the attack happened in the classroom. Where the armed - oh and trained - teacher would have supposedly been with the gun.

No it was my point. It's beyond satire making all these attempts by Baldwin etc a waste of time and not funny at all.
    OK so, you also made a point. Good lad.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I didn't think Melissa McCarthy was that funny (and that goes for other shit she's in by the way.) Baldwin is better as Trump.

Important that the clown-show that is the Trump presidency is not "normalised" as some want it to be.
    Yes, because de-legitimising the legitimately elected head of state is a surefire way of convincing his supporters that they were wrong.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering he's attempting to de-ligitmise the judiciary, the press and basic facts, it's probably about even. He's still banging on about how crime is at it's highest levels ever when even a cursory look shows it at it's lowest for half a century.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Yes, because de-legitimising the legitimately elected head of state is a surefire way of convincing his supporters that they were wrong.
    His supporters were lied to as was everyone else. Trump isn't doing what he said he would. By highlighting this, supporters will turn against him.

You can stop reminding us of the fact that he was "legitimately elected", by the way. We all know that and no-one is disputing it. Criticism is warranted nonetheless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His supporters were lied to as was everyone else. Trump isn't doing what he said he would. By highlighting this, supporters will turn against him.

You can stop reminding us of the fact that he was "legitimately elected", by the way. We all know that and no-one is disputing it. Criticism is warranted nonetheless.
    "The people were lied to, which is why they didn't agree with me, and don't hold views in accordance with acceptable opinion."

There's probably about 38% of the vote that will never desert, another few percent that stuck with him that has been rewarded for its loyalty with the Supreme Court pick. There's a few swing voters in the rust belt and Florida you need to flip - and his anti trade rhetoric, binning off TTIP etc. - will certainly be going down well there.

Given you decided Wor Jez was succeeding based on Twitter trends, the question is whether anybody is changing their minds or whether the outrage crowd have simply turned up the volume in their rush to "call it" first.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baldwin as Trump isn't funny. I don't get how people find that funny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American satire in general isn't funny. They try far too hard.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was all 'normalised' when half the country voted for him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    American satire in general isn't funny. They try far too hard.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS
    "The people were lied to, which is why they didn't agree with me, and don't hold views in accordance with acceptable opinion."
    Nope, that's bullshit, which is why you had to make it up. They both were lied to and wouldn't have agreed with me anyway.

Trumps approval rating is 40% which is absurdly low for someone at the start of their term. George Bush's dropped to 25% at one point. He can and will lose support as he continues to fuck things up and encounters opposition to his policies.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, that's bullshit, which is why you had to make it up. They both were lied to and wouldn't have agreed with me anyway.

Trumps approval rating is 40% which is absurdly low for someone at the start of their term. George Bush's dropped to 25% at one point. He can and will lose support as he continues to fuck things up and encounters opposition to his policies.
    Bush had both 9/11 and Katrina though that both affected his approval rates quite a significantly I think?

I'm sure Katrina was a disaster for him (and everyone else), though I seem to remember 9/11 actually helping his ratings by just going to war.

Anyway - the point is those were some major events with major fallout. Trump has just been himself, in office, for a few weeks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bear was found a few blocks away from my college back in the day and it is not even a rural area. The useless cunt didn't manage a single kill though.