User Tag List

Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bullet hell game looks like a load of shit. There's too many bullets at that point.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got The Last of US on PS4 as I never completed it on the PS3 and I just had a huge seethe.

I had cleared out the subway station bit of all clickers and was just going round beating the shit out of runners, I was bitchslapping one when Tess decides to stroll over and shoot it. Cue the last clicker coming over and biting me in the neck.

Stupid bitch.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    That bullet hell game looks like a load of shit. There's too many bullets at that point.
    That's Ultra mode, aka the hardest difficult for masochists. Its not too bad on normal mode.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And have taken a machine gun to people within minutes of arriving. It makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, I've talked about how odd this is. The guy in the FC3's arc isn't very realistic but at least once he pretends that he's a bit messed up about having to kill people.

In this game it's basically:
    "Ajay!"
    "I'm just here to scatter my mum's ashes."
    "Yeah but could you kill a whole shitload of folk for us first?"
    *sigh* "Alright then."
    It's a videogame, the plots are almost always uniformly awful and never stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all of them have the writers blathering on about how meaningful they are though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Ubisoft are particularly bad at that. But then they don't seem to have much clue what to do with a game beyond making incredible environments.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last two in particular end up feeling like less than the sum of their parts, as much as I enjoyed 3 and am enjoying 4 so far.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a shame they didn't stick with Far Cry 2's direction. You could infer a lot from that African setting and you didn't need to justify what the character does because its all part of the job description. I wonder how 'by committee' Far Cry is put together these days. I don't think they're on Assassins Creed levels with that, at least.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very worried with Far Cry. I thought number one was excellent on PC, number two was a massive game with so much to do, the setting was excellent, the characters were great.

Far Cry 3 was a good game, but I never completed it as I think I got hooked on something else and I never tried Far Cry 4.

Primal is out early next year, and it's all becoming a bit Assassins Creed-lite.

Standard Ubisoft rushing out their games year after year, I just wish they'd take a little more time over them to develop something other than the worlds.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, why can't I skip cut scenes in FC3?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't in FC4 either. The absolute hallmark of a development team who are too determined to ram their story down your throat.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't actually think their story is any good, can they?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll talk about it in more depth once you've done but the spoiler-free short answer is: Fuck yes, they really, honestly do.

And you know what? I'd have marked it down as good if they hadn't bottled a certain decision. Which again, I'll have to wait until you've finished.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I like Bloodborne at last.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far Cry 3 - There don't seem to be any story missions appearing on the map any more and it kept telling me to go talk to Hurk. So I did and did a few missions for him. Now he's moved to the second island and it won't allow me to travel there yet but there are still no story missions showing on the first island. Do I need to story quests or something? I also can't fast travel at the minute for some reason.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you currently on a mission or something? I never had any of the DLC, so can't help you too much. Googled it?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. There are no indicators on the map for objectives and I'm able to start quests and stuff.

Although that mission where you have to go chase the helicopter after you've had all your weapons taken and then you have to go get your equipment back afterwards. I died on the getting the equipment back part and then quit the game thinking it'd be saved at the last checkpoint and whenever I got back to it, it'd pick up from there. But it didn't so maybe it thinks I'm still on that mission or something? I have no idea.

Was also just doing that mission where you have to collect the document fragments in that lab. I got shocked as I turned the power on to get the lift working to go down to the next level and the shock just seemed to keep repeating itself over and over even when I wasn't touching stuff that was electrified so my health was just constantly draining. I'm guessing that's not meant to happen. The whole thing seems a bit buggy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if eagles weren't already megadicks in FC4, I've now seen them a few times carrying off pigs.

Twats.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the one you pointed out to me, but the eagle then getting killed and dropping to the ground with a pig was a glorious thing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to kill them anyway but especially when they're hunting down poor ickle piggies.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm closing in on the Trials Trophy in Trials Evolution. 26 medals left and I'm having a much better time of it on this PC with a Dual Shock 4. Thanks, DS4tool.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have any decent car/racing games on the PS4 yet?

Driveclub, Need for Speed: Rivals, Project Cars? Are they any good?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I just do the exact same mission in FC4 as I did in FC3? Burning drug fields. Way to be original, Ubisoft.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, is there a way to turn off the GPS route that comes up on your minimap when you choose a waypoint? Driving to a location without knowing which route to take was one of the best parts of FC3. Now I'm bottle-fed exactly how to get there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Do we have any decent car/racing games on the PS4 yet?

Driveclub, Need for Speed: Rivals, Project Cars? Are they any good?
    Project Cars is the only good one. Gran Turismo Sport (whatever that is) is due out ... possibly 2016? Although I enjoy Milestone's MotoGP stuff.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there's still not story missions showing for me on Far Cry 3 on the first map. I've done all the story quests there in case those needed to be completed first. It's still telling me to go talk to Hurk and his icon's on the second island that it won't let me travel to. Great. Broken game, seemingly.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you found the wingsuit?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm doesn't seem to be anything about it online. :/ Which mission were / are you on exactly, do you know?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC it's the wingsuit that unlocks the second island, give 'How to find wingsuit' or something a google and go from there.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    Hmm doesn't seem to be anything about it online. :/ Which mission were / are you on exactly, do you know?
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/far-cry-3/Wa...Rescue_Service

That's the one I mentioned before that I died on the last part of (retrieving my equipment) and quit the game there to go do something else at the time assuming it'd bring me back in at the last checkpoint or whatever but it hasn't and now I don't seem to be able to pick that mission up again or move onto a new one. I can do story quests (done them all now) but I can't fast travel. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/far-cry-3/Wa...Rescue_Service

That's the one I mentioned before that I died on the last part of (retrieving my equipment) and quit the game there to go do something else at the time assuming it'd bring me back in at the last checkpoint or whatever but it hasn't and now I don't seem to be able to pick that mission up again or move onto a new one. I can do story quests (done them all now) but I can't fast travel. I don't get it.
    Really odd. Have you tried going back to the spot where the pirates with your equipment were to see if you can somehow force the mission to completion? And do you have all your 'stuff' back? Or go to Citra's temple and see if you can force the next quest to begin somehow. The second island is pretty cool, so it'd be a shame if the game is too broken to continue.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not, a few people seem to be playing it, maybe a kindly user has a save?

edit: Boyd, here's a thread with a save game at every mission.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3051990

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    Really odd. Have you tried going back to the spot where the pirates with your equipment were to see if you can somehow force the mission to completion? And do you have all your 'stuff' back? Or go to Citra's temple and see if you can force the next quest to begin somehow. The second island is pretty cool, so it'd be a shame if the game is too broken to continue.
    I'm not sure where the spot where the pirates had my stuff is.

Might just use Phonic's link though. Cheers, @phonics.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloodborne did me a favour last night when the Blood Starved Beast got caught in his transform animation. Hammered it to death.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hated Bloodborne to start off with, but kept at it and finally completed it and about half way through NG+ now.

Would love to see how many times I've died in this game though got to be well over treble figures.

The Chalice Dungeons can do one though....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed God Of War, really impressed with that as I seem to have totally overlooked it on the PS3.

Rayman Legends has been devoured and some of the music levels in that game are a total joy to play.

Currently on level 12 of Devil May Cry Remastered another gem I seemed to have been oblivious to on the ps3.

So all in all my time on the PS4 has been spent playing remastered PS3 games.😎

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to my 2014. My main problem now is the crunch for Game of the Year stuff. Once Bloodborne is done its on to The Witcher. Fallout I can skip or grab on PC. One of our lot likes Life is Strange and that may be a last minute thing to check out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, I just destroyed the first propaganda centre. That was absolute carnage. There was a huge pile of burnt out jeeps, quads and bodies outside the building by the time I was finished. Best mission yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I somehow managed to make really hard work of that first propaganda place, I think it ended up there was some pile of posters which somehow ended up in tact beneath a pile of other burning shit which I kept missing or something similarly stupid.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I died the first time, felt like there was a crazy amount of guys coming at me that time, though.

Question: how do I progress the main story? I just did a mission for Sabal (burning the opium fields), but now there's no markers on the maps for him / Amita / Golden Path, and there's nothing to indicate what to do next. Am I meant to return to Banapur or something?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There ought to be a permanent icon about the edge of your map of some sort, whether it's the yellow crossed swords or a letter for a mission. Might be that you have to do the one with the two stoner twats, which is at a greenish 'Y', Longinus (don't think those are ever mandatory but I might be wrong) or... I'm sure there's another. If it's not the golden path logo, though, it'll be a colourful letter of some variety.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do some outposts and shit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cheers, I think there's a Y somewhere on my map so I guess I'll check that out. I don't think I've encountered any stoner twats yet. There's far too much stuff on the map I think, all the location markers are rather pointless and just make it harder to find what you want. I reckon the FC3 interface was much better all round. I also don't like the way they just have one screen for weapons - I want my weapons divided into categories.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Do some outposts and shit.
    I'd that it's a wise move to knock these off at a faster rate of knots than the main story early doors.

I'd also advise you get a gyrocopter before heading to that Y because there's a not especially taxing but slightly dull rock climb to get there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'd that it's a wise move to knock these off at a faster rate of knots than the main story early doors.
    Why is that, to progress the story? I like trying to accomplish things in heavily-infested enemy territory. Do enemies still show up in areas even once you've cleared outposts? If they do then I guess I don't have to worry about that. In 3 once you cleared an outpost you were safe to do whatever the hell you wanted in that area, which was a bit boring for me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like having hubs and unlocking the sidequests and stuff. The enemy still knock about a bit more than they did in Far Cry 3 and you'll get the Pagan's Wrath convoys and the odd attack on an outpost (though I don't think they can reclaim them if you ignore it, which is a shame) to keep it not quite such a yawn as it was in 3 once you'd cleared an area.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points, I guess it's probably worth doing overall.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always clear out a couple and spend some time in that area picking up posters and masks and shit and see if you're happy with the level of wrong'uns knocking about?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not, a few people seem to be playing it, maybe a kindly user has a save?

edit: Boyd, here's a thread with a save game at every mission.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3051990
    I can't get these downloads to work.