Page 157 of 173 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,850 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    It's the kind of thing that an Arkham game would've worked with. Even if it was just beefing up a bunch of Henchmen with fake villain names, I'd take it.
    Wasn't Shadow of Mordor originally a Batman game?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was. Maybe they didn't want to gamble with the license or whatever but they cram villains into those games. Although Arkham's mostly 'The Joker, featuring other cunts.'

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone played Hifi Rush?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but only because I'm usually terrible at that sort of thing. Think it's on Game Pass though so might give it a go at some point given all the praise it gets.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE 2K23 continues where the last game went off. Namely in this weird sense of flow where the game will decide you're going to take 4-5 moves without a chance to reverse any of them. And you'd better believe all those animations will play out at a glacial pace. Plus I don't think the controls are that responsive.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think it's ok but nothing great.

Really liking the more expanded GM mode though, they've made a huge amount of improvements.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing the McMahons in the roster seems a bit wrong, too. Stephanie and Shane have been out of the picture for ... what, six months?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph resigned in January this year. Shane was FIRED the year before for putting himself over in the Rumble.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, this has been a long year.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Disney Speedstorm has a heavily-assisted mode for kids like Mario Kart 8, where it helps with steering/accelerating, it could well take over my house.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright WWE 2K can officially fuck off. The AI completely shits itself in tornado tag ladder matches. Blown two chances to get past this match because my partner was more interested in staying outside the ring all match than ... I dunno, climb the fucking ladder? On top of that nobody ever stays down long enough for you to capitalise. What a shitshow.
    Last edited by Shindig; 18-03-2023 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone bothering with Diablo IV?

It looks mega, and after recently getting way into Diablo Immortal (F2P MMO) I think it looks absolutely boss. But, alas, I’ll never get time to play it so won’t be bothering buying it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up my first retro handheld today. Everything up to PS1/PSP all preloaded. Amazing screen, fantastic build quality. Proper chuffed with it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the kind of things I was on about in the buying things thread.

If well done, these things look incredible with some modern updates. How much did that one set you back DS?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200, preloaded with 4500 games and the emulators, ready to go. Think they're like 160 on the official site but you have to fuck about with the roms yourself. I've had it 3 hours and not put it down. Screen is amazing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the look of the Game Boy refreshes, but that obviously cuts out a big selection of games.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm proper, proper impressed with this one tbf. Most look cheap and plastic but this is metal, touch screen, IPS, controls amazingly. It's the RG353M.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you've not really had it long enough to say, but how's the battery life on it?

I looked on the Anbernic official site and they seem to be $200 on the nose with their estimated taxes and shipping. It being metal and not plastic is nice to see. I think I'd personally like the slightly larger screen version, though it's about the perfect size for retro resolution as is.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of one but I never get an opportunity to use them. If I'm gaming, I'm at home.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I know you've not really had it long enough to say, but how's the battery life on it?

I looked on the Anbernic official site and they seem to be $200 on the nose with their estimated taxes and shipping. It being metal and not plastic is nice to see. I think I'd personally like the slightly larger screen version, though it's about the perfect size for retro resolution as is.
    Well I drained the battery down from full charge to like 5% today, got just over 7 hours with 2D (GBA and SNES mostly)

The one I got was Amazon, was actually £210 but I had a tenner gift card and comes with the preloaded game card SD. Next day delivery with Prime. It also comes with a decent custom OS.

Even missed the match as was on it. First purchase in years I've been delighted with. So much so I've ordered a preloaded 256g SD with 35k games as I can't be arsed fucking about downloading and setting it up myself.

Screen is fantastic and d-pad/buttons/stick feel premium.

I think for intense 3D games, say Resi or MGS the screen is probably a little small but I played half an hour of Driver 2 and it was absolutely fine.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CS:GO 2 confirmed. Offft.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resi 4 out tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Well I drained the battery down from full charge to like 5% today, got just over 7 hours with 2D (GBA and SNES mostly)

The one I got was Amazon, was actually £210 but I had a tenner gift card and comes with the preloaded game card SD. Next day delivery with Prime. It also comes with a decent custom OS.

Even missed the match as was on it. First purchase in years I've been delighted with. So much so I've ordered a preloaded 256g SD with 35k games as I can't be arsed fucking about downloading and setting it up myself.

Screen is fantastic and d-pad/buttons/stick feel premium.

I think for intense 3D games, say Resi or MGS the screen is probably a little small but I played half an hour of Driver 2 and it was absolutely fine.
    Looked properly into the handhelds after your post.

The Way seems to generally be accepted that the Steam Deck is the best thing you can get in terms of affordable power in the form factor. Bonus that it plays modern titles well too.

For purely retro though it seems to depend if you want an old Game Boy style device or if you want a Switch Lite style device. It seems the hands down winner in the former category is the Miyoo Mini Plus. Problem being that they're so good and in demand they're almost never in stock. Anbernic do what is their own version of it but the build quality on theirs is more suspect. You'd be getting a plastic shell with either, but the upside is up to PS1 emulation for £80 or less depending on where you buy.

The RG353M looks great for what it is too. Almost none of the competition offers the metal shell and it seems this device took their build quality up a notch.

I've also noticed they're coming out with the RG405M soon which builds on the RG353 and basically just adds a bit of ergonomics, a bit more screen and you can do some PS2 gen emulation too.

Very torn between getting the entry level to see if I use it, or going the full hog and getting the latter one.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used mine for at least 2 hours every day since getting it. Its just so easy and the missus can watch her shite on Netflix on't big telly while I hammer feck outta Metroid.

Best thing I've bought in ages - if you're wanting 3D emulation though screen on the 353M Is silly small for it so I'd recommend a different model.

2D looks gorgeous.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 24-03-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird, fucking loved Resi 4 at the time but I'm not enormously motivated for this. Does look good though so maybe I should just make a point to do it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Resi 2 Remake is probably in my top 5 games of the last 5 years.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they included the single stupidest puzzle in videogame history?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did that involve Disco?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember what he means but I'm struggling to believe anything in a Resi game would even threaten the top 250 stupidest point and click puzzles.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one with the necklace/collectable hanging over a well, I think it's near the beginning. It's like a snapshot of the idiocy of all Resident Evil puzzles, I accept that's not the attraction of the games but it always struck me as being particularly unintuitive and silly.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that amazed me about the Resi 2 remake is I'd be insanely stuck and quit the game and then 30 minutes later I'd be thinking about it and have a 'Eureka' moment.

It's finally finished installing so I'll inform you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Resi 4 remake is a genuine banger. Fucking really well done.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't play the original and I can't get past the first group area so it might be a while before I can update you on the Puzzle thing Disco.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only vaguely remember where it was so it's all good.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm it's not at that location disco, no. Whether it's still there somewhere else feck knows but it's not at the farm section.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I didn't play the original and I can't get past the first group area so it might be a while before I can update you on the Puzzle thing Disco.
    Lol wasted 90% of my ammo on a section that turns out to be a tutorial for running away and they just stop chasing you after a pre defined time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be interested to see how you get on with it Phonics coming to it brand new. You don't really get third person single player shooters as much these days, unless I'm entirely wiping a load of examples from my memory.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chapter 1 completed after 2.5 hours.

I'm starting to learn some of the mechanics they never explain to you which is making dealing with enimies easier.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd do a quick check-in on where my playtime is lining up with most and found out someone has completed the game in less time than I took on Chapter 1.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the look of these Anbernic handhelds, the upcoming one in particular (RG405M). What's the deal with the games though? I'm pretty exclusively looking at GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance era, and also N64. How do you get hold of them, pre-loaded cards, etc?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the one I'm looking at too. Looks about the best of everything.

I believe if you look on their site, it's a bit google translated English but it shows the listing as "Blue 16G + 64G/256G." From what I gather the latter is an SD card with as many games(ROMs) as they can pack onto it.

Alternatively you can do as DS did. He got his from Amazon. You pay a little chunk more on top for the convenience of having the next day shipping. You're also a lot more covered if you do buy one of the Prime eligible ones and there's a problem with it.

You can go about sourcing the games yourself as they aren't too hard to find, but I believe most of these kinds of devices come with all your in-demand titles loaded onto the SD card.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they come with a varying amount of games. I got the 64gb card, has about 4500 games on. Mainly SNES, MD, GBA etc. Lack of Dreamcast, N64, PSP, PS1. Had some but not many. Mainly your big hitters, Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon etc

Bought a 256gb card from China with 35000 games on. Fuck knows when it'll arrive like, but only 35 quid to save the inconvenience of fucking about moving roms etc.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 26-03-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also all romsets, or individual downloads, can be found here:

https://r-roms.github.io/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I was to buy direct from Anbernic, the card(s) would come preloaded with games? Or am I being thick?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell as like I said it's kind of broken English, but my understanding is that as the device runs with two SD card slots. If you buy the 16G version, you're just getting the machine and the SD card with the operating system on it. Essentially a boot drive. The idea is then you go and get the ROMs you want.

If you order the secondary SD card too, then you will get the 3000+ games on it. As DS says, your main big hitters will be on there plus a selection of others.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SD card with 35000 games should be here tomorrow also. Fucking quick that, ordered Wednesday from China.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pistol power upgraded. Dying less. Up to Chapter 4.

I think I've fucked myself with not realising how yellow herbs work though and spammed them instead of maximising how much my max health increased.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just finished chapter 6. It's a beaut of a game, really well done.

And yeah keep yellow herbs for the three herb mix!