Page 53 of 173 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 8610

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Giving this ago again. I tried about a year ago and it didn't run so well yet.

Yeah, works perfect!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been replaying FF IX after spotting it in the play store last month. Just coming to the end of Memoria, which means I'm pretty much done. Better than VII for me. Absolute classic and anyone who enjoyed it first time around should go for it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caved in and brought myself a Switch with Mario included

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B-Fresh (ugh), the most annoying character in any NBA 2k game is actually a rapper:

Even worse in real life than the game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can I not block people on 2k18?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the Switch.

Couldn't find my old PS4 (it's somewhere in the house) and they wouldn't take my phone as it was too late so more cash output than I wanted to (savings account came in though) and I bought the Mario red one with Zelda too.

Firing it up.

Edit: Given a quick bash on Zelda and Mario and I think the system is great. Ordered a stand as the standard one is shit. Flimsy as fuck and why is it not in the centre?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a good few hours of Odyssey now (I've done the story bit of the first two main Kingdoms slowly whilst pissing about exploring) and I love it.

Still getting a bit used to the joy con controlling method which is slowing me down a bit too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    Been replaying FF IX after spotting it in the play store last month. Just coming to the end of Memoria, which means I'm pretty much done. Better than VII for me. Absolute classic and anyone who enjoyed it first time around should go for it.
    Top tier: 6, 7, 9
    Second tier: 4, 5
    Third tier: 1, 3
    Other: Other

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only finished two of them. 9 beating 8. I enjoy breaking the latter but the former felt like the last great one. I need to give X another shot and get deep into VI. Oh, and VII. I've restarted that game so many times, I'm genuinely sick of Midgar.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently playing a really old game called Grand Prix Manager 2. The game is based on the 1996 Formula 1 season and is completely awesome. I've started with Jordan and I've already recruited Jean Alesi for next season to partner Barrichello.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mario Odyssey really is the fucking tits.

Might just be my new favourite game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mahon as you've somehow managed to lose a video games console you clearly don't care for it. I've revised my offer to Ł35 plus post and packaging.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Hi Mahon as you've somehow managed to lose a video games console you clearly don't care for it. I've revised my offer to Ł35 plus post and packaging.
    Hi Mahow, I'll give you Ł50 and spell your name properly.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found it again and the box.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Forty pounds?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoD: WWII's campaign is done. That epilogue felt like such a bottle job.

Toggle Spoiler

If you're going to go there, fucking go there. Earn the M rating. Also features one of my least favourite vehicle sections ever.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be impossible to do that stuff properly in a game. Even if you managed to navigate the space between going overboard on the horror and being flippant, within half an hour of release some wank would have a video on YouTube of himself teabagging a suffering Jew and you'd have to update the whole sequence to death.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't be impossible at all, just outside the abilities of the people who make modern manshoots.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't even say that. Wolfenstein 2, by all accounts, fucking hits some notes about invasion and occupation.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    It wouldn't be impossible at all, just outside the abilities of the people who make modern manshoots.
    I'm not saying the mechanics are impossible, it'd be easy to get that side right and a competent writer will nail the tone. It's that the minute it's out a player uploads the aforementioned video and every media outlet going has you as the anti-Semitic supercunts who made it possible to teabag Holocaust victims.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That probably says as much about the fanbase and the media than the writing, to be fair. As if by magic, I've drawn some angry comments on N4G for my review. Why do people by the thing they don't like? Every year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I wouldn't even say that. Wolfenstein 2, by all accounts, fucking hits some notes about invasion and occupation.
    The camp in The New Order did some good stuff, it just seemed a bit at odds with the tone of the thing as a whole. Though admittedly, TNO had a really weird blend of BJ's big, sad, harrowed eyes giving us the 'war is hell' line and then letting me dual-wield auto-shotguns against robo-dogs.

As you say though, apparently The New Colossus nails some of that stuff.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust

The

Process

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woof.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much of your season did you simulate?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only games against the Warriors and they're in the other conference so 2 I guess? I'm dogshit at defending so the idea of Steph Curry draining 3's on me isn't happening. Scored 41 points the game before the Rookie All-Star game, got 10 points an assist and 4 turnovers in that...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curry is broken. I played all my games (I think I did about 25) before I had traded it in and 2 of them were against Curry. I'm pretty good at defending as I'll just let them have long range, awkward as fuck 3 pointers but Curry was just putting them in for fun. He didn't have a brilliant game in terms of points scored but it was so infuriating.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some guy I've never heard of called Chambers playing for Charlotte just scored 26 points on me. Still came away with POTG and the W though. #CantStopThis #TrustTheProcess.

There are some super dumb elements though. The main one being when I met Joel Embiid and he didn't know who I was despite both playing for the same team and having scored 18 points alongside him the previous night.

edit: Found a new screen that sums it up well.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not have a thread for that basketball crap? I keep coming in here expecting to see something interesting and then I'm just disappointed when it's that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it's only three members that go for it and it passes within a few months.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I've all but gone off it already due to the huge loading times vs minimum playing time early on in career mode.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    And I've all but gone off it already due to the huge loading times vs minimum playing time early on in career mode.
    Put the quarter length to the maximum. That was the only way I could really do anything when my guy first started.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just have to rinse through those games and know you'll be shit. Performances don't earn you VC like they did in the previous games, only badge progress so it's just a matter of pushing through.

The loading times still aren't great but they're much better than at launch.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this lootbox thing is kicking off, EA have managed to register the most downvoted post in Reddit history and have taken the somewhat questionable step of removing the refund button from the Star Wars BF2 shop. Good old Jim Sterling has been having a lovely time:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't because of the loobox thing that they earned the downvotes for.

It's because without micro-transactions it would take a year and 7 months of 8 hour shifts on the game to unlock Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Even if you bought the most expensive version of the game.

-682k score on Reddit (and going down) with the previous record for the lowest scoring post in history being -24k.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can imagine is an angry Mickey Mouse in a shareholder meeting with a baseball bat.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

It's because without micro-transactions it would take a year and 7 months of 8 hour shifts on the game to unlock Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Even if you bought the most expensive version of the game.

-682k score on Reddit (and going down) with the previous record for the lowest scoring post in history being -24k.
    Same difference, it's all about the general shittiness of their business model and the transparency of what they've done since ie lowering the cost of some unlocks while also lowering the rewards (without actually mentioning the second bit).

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booted up Super Mario Sunshine for the first time in ages. Hopefully looking to beat it before I grab the Switch. I'm passed that stupid Sandbird level for the first time in my life. Half-way done. Sod going for the extras. I just want to open the path to Bowser and get this done.

Still feels good. The camera's cock but that's every Mario on the 3D plane.

EDIT: Nope. This is shit. There's a reason speedrunners skip an entire set of levels. They're all bullshit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing the Turing Test and it's great. Basically fulfilling my Portal fix

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NBA2K update (tagging @Boydy so he doesn't miss out):

What a weird game this thing is, a week or two before the playoffs, I stopped getting cutscenes of any sort and everyone apart from my social media manager never appeared, let alone talked to me. Shammy doesn't even sit next to me anymore.

The last time I saw him, I'd just absolutely rinsed him at backgammon and the week before that told him he sucked too much to get his own shoe unlike me (more on that later) so I wrote some fan fiction in my head that we'd had a falling out, rather than this game being a mess and not bothering to write any post-season stuff, but I can tell he still cares by him passive aggressively eavesdropping on me trying to bribe Isaiah Thomas into inviting me to Michael Jordan's golf party so I can tell him that the name is no coincidence and I am in fact one of his many out of wedlock children from the mid 90s.

I've since signed a signature shoe deal with Nike, which are absolute fire. The only problem being THIS GAMES A BROKEN MESS so I can't actually equip them ever. Cool game 2K, cool game.

Now onto the real stuff. The playoffs. First up was the Pistons who were frustrating because Andre Drummond, being freakishly tall, is the perfect counter to my 'run at the basket really fast and chuck it in' style that had played so well but I score 25 a game and it doesn't matter. 4-2

Now the real test begins, the Toronto Raptors, I'd played against them previously but I guess DeRozan was out? That man was an absolute machine who would score no matter how many guards you had on him and if you did double team him successfully, he'd pass to Lowry who would score three points and if that came off the rim, some freakishly long human being called Valanciunas would get the rebound and they'd have two points anyway. My tactic of running at the basket was now REALLY not working, so I pumped a bunch of points I'd saved up into my mid-range and 3 point shooting, concentrating on passing round the shape and getting open looks. Around 20 points per game and multiple 10+ assist games. Am I actually getting better at this game? 4-2

The answer is no. The Cavs have just beaten me 2 in a row in a series of depressing defeats. One of them 110-85. I have never lost so badly in this game ever. I scored 9 and 16 points respectively. We now have to go to their patch and win both to have any chance of getting something respectable out of this. I'm just pissing about knowing that the series is over and I'm just playing it out to get some points and start the next season, I score 28 points, get 12 rebounds and 11 assists and we win? My first ever triple double and it's against a team that totally destroyed me the previous 2. This new burst of confidence spreads and I come back on fire. Winning the next 3 games scoring 36, 41 and 41 respectively. We're the conference champions! 4-2.

Everyone else is ecstatic. They never knew we would come so far. Me? I'm contemplating the futility of life.

It all comes down to this:

PS. I'm literally the greatest player still in the playoffs. Whoop Whoop.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at not knowing how to equip shoes. Noob.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow if you were any good at this game, you'd have the deal and know it's a known bug that you can't select your custom shoes. You can select any you buy but not the ones you're given.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get a custom shoe because I didn't play the 90 odd games you have to go through in a season.

My averages are miles ahead of yours, chump.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they should be when you admit your quarters are 3x as long as mine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first started, which is what most people do because otherwise you get no time.

As minutes go up, quarter length goes down.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Everyone cheats'

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Others bitch and moan instead...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know everyone is on tenterhooks for an update.

James Harden got injured shooting a three in the first game. He hasn't played since. I'm up 3-1. Not sure what to do now, if I win the playoffs in my first year what's the goal to aim for?