User Tag List

Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175 LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,700 of 8718

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine now, I've ditched the 64Gb card that came with it and the outrageous repetition of nonsense Japanese games as apparently they're prone to go corrupt. I've got a sweet 128Gb Sandisk one that I've got Onion on and I'm going to get the big 90Gb games selection someone's compiled and then weed out the shit and fill it with every C64 game ever made, ha'way the lads

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link me up to the games.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One's called Tiny Best Set and another is Done Set but I'm not sure what's on each, I might just pick and choose individually thinking about it. So far I've tried PES2 was a test, as soon as I kicked off the Euro vs World all star game I was back in the golden age

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, just found the first one and came to ask if it was that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy gaming lads.

These things are amazing for if you've got 20-30 mins to kill. Especially with how portable they are too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. I haven’t got one yet, decided as it’s my birthday soon, to have an answer to when my wife asks what I want for my birthday and get one then.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One has popped up on Temu for £30 that doesn't seem to have any kind of tax with it, though I've never ordered off it before so I'm wary to do so when the AliExpress way is a little more expensive, but comes with many reviews and is the official store of Miyoo/Anbernic too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put all the tiny best set on now minus a load of PS1 games I'll never play that would have slowed the data transfer massively, still got about half the SD card space to fill so I'm going on a rom hunt for C64 and Amiga next.

One thing that's been emphasised when playing F1 97 is that while I originally played it with a Dpad I can't go back to one for racing games so I'm going to clear a load of those out.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel the old analogue sticks are up to snuff for that either.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get versions of essentially the same device with analogue sticks attached as such:

However on the lower down models, other than for maybe your racing games, I don't see them getting that much use.

If you decide you want to expand up to start getting the top end of this kind of device you're looking at this:

You're about £150 or so for one of those right now. If you go still want more above that, you're looking at wanting basically a Steam Deck, or someone elses take on one.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to try and get an Oblivion mod setup working because it's been years since I've played anything Elder Scrolls outside of Morrowind. 207 active mods and, amazingly, it actually boots and runs. Stability is yet to be confirmed but it could never do that anyway.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one of those very Anbernics above (405m I think) and the build quality, or more specifically the assembly, was shocking. They had massive issues with the screen housing falling out and other issues. Shame as the actual materials felt great, really solid. I think in about 2-3 years time, these devices are going to be in an incredible sweetspot where everything up PS2 era and a touch beyond is just going to be flawless. Right now, it's pretty good, but still a bit hit and miss.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought it around when it released, no? Unfortunately there isn't going to be the same quality control you get at a big brand with these. In this case it might be worth the extra money on a UK upseller so you have a quick returns process.

Given they've been working from cast offs and old parts for most of the these I think they've done amazingly well. We also need to make the translucent plastics on a lot of these popular again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with transparent purple, classic GBA style.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game boy colour was also that. With a Squirtle sticker on the battery compartment.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the purple translucent N64 and kept it growing up. When I moved down here it was pretty sudden and I ended up leaving it at home until I could get it one day. My mum then gave it away to someone a few months later and I'm still not over it.

They just don't make them like they used to.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at putting my order in today for the handheld. I've discovered Anbernic who make the RG35XX I've mentioned before, also offer an RG35XX Plus. It's been added to the sale this week and seems to be the same price as the Miyoo Mini+. It has more power and RAM than the previous RG35XX and so can get into Dreamcast and N64 games a lot better, however it obviously has no joysticks, so I'm wondering if that almost makes it pointless?

For a fiver or so more there is the RG35XX H. From what I can tell, it is the exact same chipset and RAM as the Plus, but in the different form factor. This time adding in the sticks. Seems to be the one to go for.

I already own this Retroid Pocket 2S, which is incredible. Would it be daft to buy the H variant while I have that one already?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’m between the RG35XX Plus and H for their graphics chip. I like the form factor of the plus but like that the H has analog sticks

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some N64 games going on the SNES mini and I definitely wouldn't bother even trying without sticks. I didn't realise that DS games would work on the MM+ which is a nice bonus, even incorporates the second screen which is great for games that don't use quick touchscreen features.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I went with transparent purple, classic GBA style.
    When playing DS games, can you switch which screen is shown? For Pokemon for example, in a battle the moves are on the bottom, can you flick over to it somehow?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When playing DS games, can you switch which screen is shown? For Pokemon for example, in a battle the moves are on the bottom, can you flick over to it somehow?
    Most of them have you use the shoulder buttons to flip between them. One click to go between each screen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boss! Thanks

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only played New Mario on DS so far but one button switches screens and another toggles a cursor that acts in place of touchscreen. For games that rely on quick access to both it's not suitable but anything more leisurely it's promising, I'm going to load up on Prof Layton and Phoenix Wright games now

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't realise a Steamworld Heist 2 had been confirmed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting situation has been unfolding over the Helldivers 2 game, specifically on Steam.

Sony have this week announced that it will be mandated that all players on Steam will need to link their accounts to a PSN account. If you don't have one you need to create one and link it. If you don't link it can't play. This has obviously annoyed the Steam community, not only for the inconvenience, but they're also being told they have to give their data essentially to a company with a notorious record of losing it.

The worst problem of this though is that PSN isn't actually available to all that many countries outside of your USA and mainland Europe. Simple solution you'd think would be to VPN it, but Sony are banning those they catch doing that. They even don't let you quick create an account in some countries it states it supports. A few have complained that they've been told they cannot create an account online and must purchase a console and do it through there.

This according to the devs CEO, was the plan all along, but they didn't enforce it originally as the launch was a bit rocky. Sony have now insisted on it. You have the problem then of people who bought it and have been playing happily, now being essentially unable to play again. The game has been taken off sale to the unavailable countries now, but the damage has been done.

The playerbase seems to have majorly kicked off in a united front about this and the game is being review bombed. You also have many refund claims going in.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they never sell another copy of this or anything else but as we've seen countless times the gaming community is nothing if not completely spineless when it comes to boycotting shitty companies.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame cos it looks like a good game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an extremely good game. Dev team seem like good people too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, according to them this was the plan all along but there's clearly been an oversight with PSN's actual coverage.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem to have caved (or Sony Japan have told them to) and walked back the decision which is good, now if only people would remember and not buy their games at release next time.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't usually expect something like this post-release, to be fair.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else playing Manor Lords? It's a great little game. Posted in the city building thread but no replies

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking for something like a city builder or similar and I was considering it along with Workers & Resources and Millenia.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into Cities Skylines 1 as my laptop can just about handle it according to the numbers, but jaysus the price of it if you actually want everything.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pirate it?
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't even know how these days. I don't like the idea of it anyway.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Wouldn't even know how these days. I don't like the idea of it anyway.
    I can sort it for ya mate, its only 6gig. All DLC up to 11 months ago. Up to you. Just need to be able to use winrar/7zip and click an exe innit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hades 2, lets go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoying Hades 2 so far, though I haven't really got to grips with the magic system yet.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grabbed that yesterday. will give it a blast tonight.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the very few games I've considered getting into in EA, but I'll wait until it's done.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really should make a thread for the retro stuff but here we are.

Anbernic have announced they're making an emulator device but this one is basically if the GBA SP was made in 2024:

I'm a sucker for that blue one on the left. It's labelled as in the RG35XX range which means it almost certainly have the same power and performance of the RG35XX Plus/H models that I linked to on sale the other day.

My Miyoo Mini+ hasn't arrived yet and I've already got an eye on one of those. A bit of a shame it has no joysticks on it, but I guess it's tough to do that and close the screen down if you want to keep it as basically a SP clone.

Does give me hope we could see them going down their full route of old handhelds and 2024'ing them.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, on Dungeon Siege, I’ve recruited an archer. Paid for her too, the little hussy.

Honestly inventory management is 90% of this game, sharing relevant loot between party members and then getting the horse to sell everything that’s unwanted takes about 40 minutes when you get to each trader.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    One of the very few games I've considered getting into in EA, but I'll wait until it's done.
    Honestly not seen anything to suggest it is in EA yet, in terms of gaming experience.
    Last edited by Lofty; 09-05-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Honestly not seen anything to suggest it is in EA yet, in terms of gaming experience.
    I've heard its mainly a few stock assets in places and story isnt 100% complete, otherwise basically done.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having done the main story of Forbidden West (got weary toward the end, will go back for the DLC later) and then attempting to do the inspired-by-the-TV-show thing and play a bit of Fallout and bouncing the fuck off Fallout 4 because it's just too intensely Bethesda for me I played Jusant and just finished it there.

It's a very pleasant 5 hours or so and other than occasionally being a bit sticky the climbing in it is fairly straightforward but pretty satisfying once you get into the rhythm of it.

I'm going to do a bit of WarTales next and see how that is but I think my next big thing will be replaying Prey. I've been debating it on and off for a while but Microsoft (cunts) binning off Arkane Austin and seeing some more retros on the game has really made me want to get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Yeah, I think I'd still rather just wait until it's done and it's all there. I've got plenty of other things to get on with in the meantime.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I really should make a thread for the retro stuff but here we are.

Anbernic have announced they're making an emulator device but this one is basically if the GBA SP was made in 2024:

I'm a sucker for that blue one on the left. It's labelled as in the RG35XX range which means it almost certainly have the same power and performance of the RG35XX Plus/H models that I linked to on sale the other day.

My Miyoo Mini+ hasn't arrived yet and I've already got an eye on one of those. A bit of a shame it has no joysticks on it, but I guess it's tough to do that and close the screen down if you want to keep it as basically a SP clone.

Does give me hope we could see them going down their full route of old handhelds and 2024'ing them.
    It’s hard to keep up with what’s what, how does the RG353M compare to the RX35XX H

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is quite tough to keep up with these. The two you've mentioned are actually similar in performance. The RG353m was the more powerful chip of the two but it is older and less efficient so it balances out a bit. The key difference in those two is one is made of metal and the other plastic. So you'll notice a big jump in the build quality.

Personally I prefer the cheaper plastic look as it feels more retro to me. I'd still recommend jumping in when these things are reasonably cheap at the shallow end. The RG35XX H was a proper steal for near £40. You don't want to pay £100+ for a device hoping it will play you GameCube games on the go but then realise you're only getting the performance of something half of the price.

There is however this handy dandy Google Doc for anyone who wants a decent overview of each device.
    For the most popular ones you can even find a spreadsheet breakdown of how certain specific games perform from people who have the device themselves, including the settings they used in some cases.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how you went from 'thinking about a handheld' about 6 months ago to being proper deep into it. Top lad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see myself falling down the same rabbit hole. Looking on that doc the Next 2 not only plays everything but on the official site the blurb claims "It accommodates all kinds of whimsy", now there's a claim