User Tag List

Page 47 of 373 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 18635

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the winner is the champ right off the bat but you would think they should have made some pretence at the others getting signed up after the fact.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or mentioned the title as the prize.

Still, I'll take Gallagher, Tozawa, Ibushi, and Dar right off the bat. I haven't see any of Sabre Jr yet but I'm told he's pretty good too. Round it off by nicking Will Ospreay and they'll have a decent division, now let's watch them bury it behind Titus O'Neil and Jinder Mahal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabre Jr was really good in what I saw. I'm just catching up on more CWC now as I'm two episodes behind.

It's nice seeing somebody get floored on the outside and knowing it's not going to lead to "Raw continues, LIVE!" *WWE 2K17 advert*

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kendrick/Ibushi is definitely worth a watch.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched all the matches up to that (and now Swann vs. that Lucha fellow) and after a slow start the quality has been fairly consistent. Actually enjoying most of them so I can't wait for Raw to ruin it by cutting the matches short to three minutes so they can have more Nia Jax squashes.

Speaking of which, what the fuck was having Bo Dallas job some nobody all about?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American Alpha squash the Usos leading to a belated heel turn. Top booking.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown was shit, and what the hell is up with their current testicle obsession?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ being incapaciated for about an hour by being dropped onto the top rope was typical of the WWE.

Still, I think my pet hate at the moment (well, after the fans who think they're bigger than the matches) is the suicide dive. Do we need to see it in every single fucking match? That and the amount of moves that are absurdly situational. I'm sure it never used to be this bad on that front.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    American Alpha squash the Usos leading to a belated heel turn. Top booking.
    And one of them's injured anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Usos needed to do something, I like it. Even their promo afterwards was better than anything they've done for a few years.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sensible, now AA don't have to kill their momentum by losing to Heath & Rhino who either have to win or get cheated by a heel team.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched last week's CWC. Both matches were good but Kendrick/Ibushi in particular. It's a pity they didn't find a way to have Kendrick go an extra round because his matches (or his performances) were possibly the most unique. WWE haven't signed him, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    The Usos needed to do something, I like it. Even their promo afterwards was better than anything they've done for a few years.
    It's been needed for a while (I really thought WWE were actually going to do the sensible thing at one point and have them turn with Reigns) it just took them far too long to do it. Still, if they can get me to care about an Usos match again at some point in the future I'll consider it a job well done.

EDIT: Oh, and I finally got round to watching The Final Deletion last night. What a load of what the what, what?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian, you have some catching up to do. Jeff is now also broken and it seems to be a ploy from Matt to stop Jeff being a spotmonkey. They're feuding with fellow crazies The Decay. You might remember The Decay from such fellow stupid TNA stables as The Menagerie which was basically a circus act. They had a guy called Crazy Steve. They are now managed (?) by Abyss who has decided to be a Z-list Bray Wyatt. Come back to law school, Joseph.

TNA. Soon featuring Cody Rhodes. Also Maria Kinellis is a heel for some reason. She looks like Mae Young in a time machine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC reckon Batista is going to be at West Ham's stadium for whoever they are playing this weekend, because they filmed some of the movie he's doing at the minute there. I hope he's forced to hold up a West Ham scarf.

Will anyone be watching CM Punk's UFC fight this weekend? I'm not a UFC fan really, but I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His UFC fight is likely to be abysmal, ending in him being quickly biffed by the nobody he's fighting. He's looked terrible in the sparring videos he's posted.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It basically looks like a showcase of "how well can a (old, beat up) guy who trains MMA for two years do".

Do UFC do weigh ins the day before similar to boxing? It'll be interesting to see what he looks like at 170 considering he apparently walks around at closer to 220. In the documentary stuff I've seen it doesn't look like he's bothered to shift that much weight up to now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCPW have already got Del Rio appearing at their next show. I assume Paige will end up going along too. Although there's been no official word on her quitting has there?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She'd make more money staying put.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that Orton's quickest walk down the ramp to date?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Backlash worth watching?

I only saw the women's match last night which was a bit shite.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very average, but not a bad watch, and it's not insanely long like so many of their PPVs. Nothing has blown me away (but the main event is yet to come) but nothing has been awful. Quite liked the Tag Title match.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The start of the IC match is meant to be a dig at Punk. If so it's the most subtle thing the company has ever done in their history.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    It basically looks like a showcase of "how well can a (old, beat up) guy who trains MMA for two years do".

Do UFC do weigh ins the day before similar to boxing? It'll be interesting to see what he looks like at 170 considering he apparently walks around at closer to 220. In the documentary stuff I've seen it doesn't look like he's bothered to shift that much weight up to now.
    They weigh in the day before, but it's not as regimented as it used to be. They can turn up to weigh in at any point from the morning to the start of the weigh in event, where they stand on scales for show and their weight from earlier in the day is read out.

Presumably that 220 is a 'billed weight', which the WWE have always exaggerated in a big way. There's no chance someone is cutting fifty pounds before a fight, particularly since IV hydration was banned. Anthony Johnson used to cut thirty five to fight at Welter and at one point missed the Middleweight limit by twelve pounds.

At a guess I'd say he was about 185-190, maybe less.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To go back on my earlier post, I forgot about that Women's 6 pack match. That was fucking dire, with 90% of the moves being "throw her out the ring, even though I should try and eliminate her". Pointless shit. Should have limited it to a Triple Threat or something.

Rest of the card was alright, with the Tag Titles being the highlight for me because it actually made me care. Styles Vs Ambrose could have been a 5 star match (it wasn't) and I don't know if I'd have cared. Just such a bland feud.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Backlash wasn't terrible by any means, just a solid if totally unremarkable show. At least Styles won.

Also the selection of belts currently is so, so boring. The four men and womens world titles are just reskins of each other, the tag titles they've done the same thing. What a load of shit. Did enjoy the tag stuff on the show, though.

EDIT: Oh, and interference or not what the fuck is Kane doing beating Bray Wyatt? I've never hidden my love for a bit of Kane but these days what's the point? Surely they're not planning to actually do anything with him?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyatt, king of jobbers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another massive victory for me and Lewis there.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryback's legal first name is now Ryback.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RAW main event was really good I thought. Well booked finish too.

Shame the women's stuff continues to be shit. I really don't rate Sasha Banks. Her Mark Henry rip off promo was so laughable too.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banks is great in the ring, promos etc are hard to judge because almost everyone gets fed such piss poor stuff.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching an episode of Raw where the ropes make an almost inaudible creaking sound when someone runs into them and it's legitimately worse than waterboarding. Still, it could be worse, the last episode was the one where the tag team of Rikishi and Showkishi debuted.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    The RAW main event was really good I thought. Well booked finish too.
    I enjoyed the match but I didn't think the finish was much different to many another WWE matches in recent times. The Rollins interference was inevitable of course but at least it gives Foley something to do other than walking around having a beard.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the finish was cliche, but it made a lot of sense, which is a rarity for WWE these days. Rollins actually doing the smart thing and attacking KO rather than Reigns was nice, and then the Rusev run in actually made the inevitable Rusev/Reigns rematch somewhat interesting. It wasn't ground breaking, but it was good for what it was.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see, yes I agree with you in that sense. It also meant that Owens actually got to finish off the match himself which was good.

So what's the score next week then, do we think? Foley makes Rollins earn his shot or some sort of stipulation to the match?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Nia Jax is atrocious.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found you a new favourite wrestler Lewis, he even gets 'You shagged Thatcher' chants.

https://youtu.be/hFE_ZazJtX0?t=2m42s

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait and see whether it infringes on my British Wrestler gimmick.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa Bliss is probably the best bit of arse there's ever been in wrestling. I can't think of anyone better, anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be Billy Gunn, they gave him a song about it and everything.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Lee of course.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, those documentaries about her battered husband make her look like a boring person to be around. I can only assume teenage hormones were the thing that got me into Sunny. She (circa 1993) does nowt for me now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy Keibler was always my favourite, one of the few who didn't strap on a wazzo pair of jugs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is TJ Perkins the Cruiserweight Champion then? I thought it was just a tournament and then the divison turning up on Raw, but I suppose he's been identified as the best Cruiserweight so they might as well give him the belt as well.

I haven't watched anything of the Cruiserweight tournament after the first week or two, so is it worth watching the finale?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think having the winner be the inaugural champion makes sense.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was given a lovely purple belt that looks more prestigious than the red supernova championship

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the only thing that makes sense since they started announcing beaten contestants were being signed to Raw.

Anyone know if Ibushi and Sabre are signing on as well?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about that belt is that it's not another replica of the World/Universal/Womens title