Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's game: Guess who plays for what team

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’m gonna try and win the Ballon d’Or with one of these young strikers so please go and vote. You can pick up to 10 of them, if you’re indecisive.
    Here's our boy:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game said he was injured during a training session, but I'd like to imagine he tripped and twisted his ankle at some point during his flight to Italy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He stacked it on the steps like a statesman.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I’m only bothered about playing this Icelandic striker I’ve set staff responsibilities so I do nowt and President Florentino Perez does the majority. He sold Vini Jr for £102m to City and bought Sancho to replace him. he has also signed Antonio Silva though so he’s not completely useless.

I’ve stepped in and signed Adam Wharton, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Leny Yoro, Florian Wirtz and some regens.

It’s bizarre how good head of youth development regens are. I got one as my assistant and Celts Vigo have now snapped him up as their manager cos he’s got 20s pretty much across the board.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Djurgården 2027 Midseason Update

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It seemed like I was going to end up staying put, particularly as I'd already agreed to a two year extension at Sandvikens by this point, but Djurgårdens finally decided to look through their job applications after Xmas, and so I'll be taking on a job with some pretty high expectations - they want me to make the knockout playoff in the Conference League & finish in the top three, but after that it's win or bust, so I might only stay here for a year or two before looking to move abroad.
    I've finally reached the midpoint of the season, so it's time for an update.

Transfers:
    Toggle Spoiler

Allsvenskan:
    Toggle Spoiler

Svenska Cupen:
    Toggle Spoiler

Conference League:
    The group phase was already over by the time I got hired, with us finishing in 15th place. Most of the good teams were in the top 16, so I felt like we at least had a chance of making it out of the knockout playoff, but from there on we'd be hoping for some kind draws.
    Toggle Spoiler

I don't think I'll be making many changes in the midseason transfer window, and hopefully I'll be able to make some quicker progress down the back half of the year with no cup competitions to focus on.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this monster:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Because I’m only bothered about playing this Icelandic striker I’ve set staff responsibilities so I do nowt and President Florentino Perez does the majority. He sold Vini Jr for £102m to City and bought Sancho to replace him. he has also signed Antonio Silva though so he’s not completely useless.

I’ve stepped in and signed Adam Wharton, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Leny Yoro, Florian Wirtz and some regens.

It’s bizarre how good head of youth development regens are. I got one as my assistant and Celts Vigo have now snapped him up as their manager cos he’s got 20s pretty much across the board.
    He's sold Bellingham.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A double whammy of an update this time (split in two posts because it won't let me make a longer post), courtesy of me spraining my ankle during easter holiday (yay me!):

Season 2030/31

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Adramelch; 08-05-2024 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2031/32

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Adramelch; 08-05-2024 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think you must’ve joined Milan when you posted the screenie of the new signing getting immediately injured. Definitely a nice upgrade, especially as you’d done about all you can in Switzerland.

Brianza are Monza & Salento are Lecce, I believe. At least you managed to avoid Capitolene.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I did think you must’ve joined Milan when you posted the screenie of the new signing getting immediately injured. Definitely a nice upgrade, especially as you’d done about all you can in Switzerland.

Brianza are Monza & Salento are Lecce, I believe. At least you managed to avoid Capitolene.
    I figured something was going on since I couldn't find who they would have replaced. I guess it goes to show that I haven't managed in Italy for quite some time. I'd noticed of Parthenope/Napoli through our European encounters but not much else.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does Quarto look now? He looks like he could be mega (albeit one of those with low natural fitness who'll be on the way to Saudi Arabia up by early 30's ish)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much different since the previous picture was at the end of said season, but he has progress a bit physically:

I also think I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't post a screenshot of Bruno Santos:

He had 36 assists without taking any set-pieces. Probably the highest I've seen in that regard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't play my Hitchin save for a week. First game back one of my CDM's gets sent off after 1:46 and then a CB gets sent off after 21:44.

Here is the squad for our next game, an FA Cup qualifying game against Bamber Bridge:

Lads, simmer the fuck down.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to mostly be defensively-minded players as well, just to make it even harder for you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully it didn't matter, we won 6-1.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Stuck In on?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Get Stuck In on?
    It was off.

I checked player instructions though and every single player was on "Tackle Harder", whoops.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another season done and a very successful one at that. As I mentioned in my previous update, the main goal this season was to steady the ship financially, so that we can start building something more permanent, which we definitely accomplished. To begin with, we only replaced two starters, one of which was aging and wanted to leave and the other we could get a significant upgrade on, while making a profit in the process. Apart from those two, we moved to improve the quality of the bench players and we also sold some more than solid backup players to make room for some youngsters. All in all, we only signed six players (two of of which were youngsters that were instantly loaned out) for a (still hefty) combined fee of 83m, but we more than offset by selling a dozen or so players for a combined 212m. The more relevant players that joined are the following:

A side-grade at best for the right back position, but Kalulu wanted to leave and he was getting old so I pulled the trigger. It was a bit of an indirect swap, as Kalulu joined Barcelona for 20m and we then proceeded to sign Sandoval from them for 48m.

One of the aforementioned youngsters. He joined from Sparta Prague in January for just 9m but stayed with them for the remainder of the season. He will probably see some first-team football from now on.

Easily the best bit of transfer this summer, but quite possibly one of my best transfers overall in this save. He only cost 7m and was a significant upgrade over the player he replaced, who was the wrong side of 30 and we managed to sell for 35m.

He wasn't as good when he joined but he's already become a great player and he was only a squad player this season. I think he's earned a chance to impress in the upcoming one. Cost 21m from Estoril.

With the transfers done, let's continue with the results. The season started strong with a relatively comfortable European Super Cup win over Manchester City. We didn't continue as strong though as we struggled to close out games and we found ourselves in a 3-way battle for the league with Inter and Juventus. Right as we regained our previous form, they both started to falter, so in the end we retained the league title without much hassle:

This was almost coupled with a Coppa Italia win, however we couldn't beat Inter in the final. Truth be told, they were the better team on the night, however marginally, so kudos to them. At least we managed to win the second tinpot trophy of the season, the domestic Super Cup, by beating Inter in the semis and Juventus in the final. What about Europe:

That picture makes it look dominant and it was, but only in the knockout rounds. We struggled in the group phase and only made top 8 by the skin of our teeth, when Bayern failed to win at home against Ajax on the final day. And this proved to be massive, since not only did we avoid the extra tie and the tough draw, we ended up getting very lucky in drawing Nice. After dispatching them with ease, we were drawn against Inter and let me tell you that scoreline doesn't reflect the truth, as we should have scored at least a couple in each leg. As it were, a 1-1 draw away was followed by a narrow 1-0 win in the return leg to set a semifinal tie against Barcelona. They weren't as strong as I expected and after a deserved 5-3 win at home in the first leg, I had confidence in reaching the final. The return leg was even more sided, but they somehow managed to hold us to a 1-1 draw. As for the final:

We were comfortably the better team and it only looks like it was even-ish because they had the good old FM injury time spell where they threw everything at us, but thankfully we held on to our lead. Now, I didn't expect to win both the Europa League and the Champions League within 10 seasons in this save, but honestly this version has been very easy for me in every save I've played. Oh well, it is what it is.

We also played in the Club World Cup this summer, but only made it to the quarters where we were beaten by United through a Rahsford brace. Disgusting.

As you see, the stats aren't as impressive as last time around. We scored fewer goals in all competitions, but at least we were much better defensively so it more than evened out. I am also very happy with the amount of rotation I was able to do. I am really happy with the squad that I've assembled and I don't expect any major changes the following summer, not because there's no improvements we can make, but more so because I don't really want to spend the money needed to achieve that. I will also look to involve even more youngsters into the rotation and we have some really juicy ones coming through our academy.

In terms of plans, I did throw a speculative job application at Tottenham, but they opted for Inter's Luis Enrique instead (who then proceeded to sign De Zerbi, who had just been sacked by Tottenham; just FM things), though I can't say I was disappointed. Even though I've found some early success, I intend to stick with the save and manage clubs in the other big leagues before calling it a day.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 10-05-2024 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at this disgusting left-back United have:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the FA Cup third round again with Hitchin this season and drew Dulwich Hamlet who are in the same league but doing a lot worse than us.

They FM'd us to win 3-1 and got Liverpool away in the fourth round, I'm absolutely fucking SEETHING.

Probably a mill or so lost out on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Have a look at this disgusting left-back United have:

Just as comfortable on the left wing as he is centre back