User Tag List

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Mammana & Gimenez in my Arsenal save, terrible. Espically Mammana. Started to play Chambers as a CB instead.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Mammana actually already plays quite well for me, ha's averaging about 7.20 or so which is decent enough, bearing in mind he's only 20. His first season was really shaky though. Signing Gimenez may have been a mistake but it was a bit of a panic-buy. He provides cover on the right as well though which is nice.

I have a feeling Koscielny - much like real life - is carrying the defensive line though, and when he gets retired in maybe 2 years I may need something else. He's only 31 still.

Gonna play on with my save for a little bit longer, see if I can get my motivations up a bit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gimenez has been great for me.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just resigned as Dortmund manager.

This game started as a Journeyman save, so considering I won the Bundersliga in my first season and all of a sudden my local team (well, nearest league club) became available, I've decided to see if i can take them to European glory. Like some sort of big glory hole.

Toggle Spoiler

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need the money?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's not that essential then I'd probably let him go - mainly for his wages. I'm sure you could find someone as good for half the salary.

It's a solid profit and you're 99% guaranteed to get the full amount in transfer fee.

If you've got someone lined up to replace him then I'd go for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks about 45

I don't think I'd sell him. He looks good and unless you are going to bring in someone significantly better or use the money to strengthen another area of the team which needs it then I don't see the point.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TimmSmiff Is it possible to accept the deal but set it to go through at the end of the season? It looks like the club could use a bit of cash there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another pretty cool thing I just saw: Inter just moved Mancini from manager to DoF

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so this will be rather long and image riddled but I'm bored so I've started looking forward to next seasons plans. Regardless of what happens this year with the CL, the squad is getting broken up with a whole new philosophy towards the youth that have been appearing and acquired over the past few seasons.
    I've attached images of the players who will make up the bulk of the squad next season in the best case scenario. Also looking at values of a lot of my current big names, if all were to go at their current value it's coming to €383m. Obviously it won't be best case as looking at that I definitely need to hold on to a few defenders as the lot I have look thin on the ground and not up to standard, and I might not even get to see the team as I could get the boot once I start selling, but we shall see.

Out of the players below, only Dobrolovny, Walden, and Manning are currently seeing any first team action, but keep 3 or 4 defenders and I'd be happy to see about a top half finish with this lot.

EDIT: I could also keep gradually doing it but they're all ageing and that'd be boring.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have resigned as Celtic manager at the end of the first season, won the league and cup and CL (somehow). I left and went Lyon to test my trade there. The interviews for Everton, QPR, Liverpool and Lyon were tough, but decided to got to France.
    Not a lot of cash to spend, they finished 4th last season and I am in the Euro Cup. Some players want to leave due to now playing in the CL, had a chat and they are happy to stay to see if we can qualify for the CL. If not they will leave.

Got a few decent players but need to bring some decent backup players in now, Essian should be joining on a free.
    Divock Origi from Liverpool in joining on a loan for the season.
    Trying to get Alberto Cerri to come in on loan as well.
    Losing Steed Malbranque as there are a few offers for him, he want CL football.

Any good players to bring in to help my squad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damn Arsene Wenger for trying to buy my striker Lacazette, 4 offer for him. 2.7m cash and the rest in monthly addons, the only thing he has changed is the next sale on profit from 10% to 40%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving in to my fourth season and I'm pretty happy with the summer transfer business:

I assume LaBrocca is a newgen, which seems a little surprising given his age. He must have been from the very first youth intake. Tielemans seems like a bit of a bastard but looks the business, especially at just 21. I lost Begovic, who was (amusingly) the only member of my title winning team to make it into the League XI, with Arsenal offering twice what I paid for him. I figured making a decent profit on a 30 year old made sense, especially with Butland available for fairly cheap. I'd tried to sign him when I signed Begovic anyway. Djourou was bought for cover and to boost my homegrown numbers a bit, but he may actually make the cut ahead of Arribas.

LaBrocca:

Toggle Spoiler

First team now looks like this:

We've just whomped Chelsea 3-0 in the Community Shield, which is a very promising start as we hadn't beat them in the previous nine attempts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Pjaca is excellent there. He's scored a good number of goals and particularly good at popping up with important winners in big games.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found you can't really get away with two IFs unless you have 2 deep lying midfielders.

To see the best out of them you need the full backs bombing on and that leaves you all kinds of open on the counter.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a few good young players, picked up a good one as well.
    Galzka Irlondo he is 17 picked him up from Athletic Club, he is my number one keeper. Risk but his stats are good.
    Already with the club Mohamed Yattara and Yassine Benzia look promising.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL quarter final draw coming up and Barcelona have just been knocked out by Dortmund

Still a small chance but I'll never have a better one.

EDIT: PSG.

And now Szczesny is injured for a month playing for Poland. Fuckballs

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never going to have a better chance than this. The best remaining challenger is City who are a distant 3rd in the league, though they had a bad start and have been on fire since bringing in Pogba in the January window.

EDIT: City in the semi final.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I assume LaBrocca is a newgen, which seems a little surprising given his age. He must have been from the very first youth intake.
    Twenty at the start of the fourth season doesn't seem unreasonable, but Americans can spawn at odd ages. He's definitely a newgen though, the generated face gives that away.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more league game to go before the final vs Benfica but the injuries are piling up like fuck. Currently missing Manning, Albornoz, Smalling, Van Dijk, Semedo, Hecker, Walden, and Dobrovolny.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Job done \o/ Sleep!!

Record points total and only denied an invincibles season with a late season defeat in Swansea. Semedo was a beast yet again with 12 assists in the league and averaging 8.24.

Will be a shame to absolutely dismantle this squad now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have been a bit hasty in writing off every youth intake I've had at Dinamo. A prospect has begun to show himself from the first intake after two seasons of faffing around in the unders, a German from the second intake looks like he might be a player one day along with a Croat winger, and another German in the third has joined a Croat in looking capable of playing football. Five players in three years definitely isn't good enough to sustain the original concept of this game, but it's much better than it seemed.

It is a bit unfortunate that two of the five play exactly the same position though. Particularly since that position is AMC, which Ante Coric has locked down for the moment.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dismantling isn't going well. Wasn't getting many takers for players so I've had to go another route of selling nearly anyone who I regarded as rotation and didn't see many games last season and just add the youth to the bigger hitters to make up the squad. I also bought a good young left back as Bertrand was sold after hitting 32 and Albornoz is over 30 also.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ins and outs, squad as it's looking now, and my new left back. If he's even half the player Semedo is on the other side

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A right footed left back is an odd one.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll rejig the tactic slightly to incorporate him attacking and his role being as an inverted, but his defensive stats look decent enough.

I've pushed Benzerga into the squad now too so that's him, Damen, Smith, Gvarnaric, Evans, and East in from last seasons U21's. Dobrolovny has had to get a new contract again too to get his release clause from €60m to €88m.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daley Blind - 34 years old and having been at the club for 10 years, has got homesick for the second time this season

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Daley Blind - 34 years old and having been at the club for 10 years, has got homesick for the second time this season
    I've just had the usual questioning about a manager calling out a player as a weak link and then more questioning because I didn't play him in the game in question. He's at 70% with an orange INJ after breaking his leg last season

They need to sort this stuff.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reached the halfway stage with the Gills. The season has turned around somewhat. They were 18th when i took over them, albeit we were predicted to finish 6th.

First match with them was on 8.10.2015.

Squad stats at the halfway stage.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a very busy first transfer window for Metz

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've a decent looking 21 year old American central defender agreed for €8.2m but have had the work permit rejected. It's deadline day so I have asked the board to let me get an affiliate club and they've agreed to let me pick one. Is it easy enough to get a club to agree to affiliation as I want to pick an MLS one and sign him anyway to send him there. If not I'm stuck with a player that can't play.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rondon and Berahino always tear me to pieces

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look when he still popped up in the Player of the Year awards nominations. 35

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's still donning it at 37 on my game. Ronaldo retired...and is now Ass Man for my U-18 team

Neymar the queef has just turned me down to sign for Man City. I signed Christian Eriksen as I needed some cover on the left and he'll make a great tutor/impact player for a couple of years. Another cool thing was that some srs bznss guy said we'll sell about £3.4m worth of shirts a year if we sign him, so he'll pay off about half his transfer fee just from that.

I also picked up a few tidy newgens from South America as the U-20 Championship just started. Some striker who looks like Falcao (Porto/Atletico vintage, before he turned shit) and some Argie CD/R who already looks first team capable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game has fucked me. I've just rejected an offer from Man Utd for one of my youth players, and simultaneously got the event telling me he wants a word and from his agent telling me he wants a new deal. I can't offer him a new deal because he won't sit down, I can't reject the request because the squad will go potty, and I can't tell an already unhappy player to bin his agent.

Fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I signed Christian Eriksen as I needed some cover on the left and he'll make a great tutor/impact player for a couple of years.
    I've signed Mario Gomez on a free for similar purposes. It's still moving towards the end of a team from the youth system, since he'll be tutoring my young striker, one of the two Germans to have come through my youths, so I've justified it that way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is doing pretty well for me at the moment, might have to give him a new contract to keep the other clubs away. Also need to find a backup cover for him too.

Made it through the group stage of the Euro Cup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn it, my board wont let me bring in new staff as it was part of my contract not to replace the existing staff

Just got a new stadium capacity is now 58000

Now Italy just said they will be using our new stadium for their training camp for the Euros

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An assist (free kick to Stones) and a brace from Eriksen on his debut, away to Man City in the Capital Cup in a 3-1 win

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have picked up Ashley Cole and Micah Richards, both on a free, cost a bit in signing on but manage to haggle a good price. Will need to off-load some players soon.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be winning the league this season anyway, City are romping. After bringing in Pogba and Guardiola they are a machine, just walloped me 3-1 at theirs.
    I'm walking the CL group though with 5 from 5 including home and away wins over Schalke and Real.