18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuttgart is insane for regens.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Into the 2021/2022 season now, and I've done the least, but possibly the best business in this game so far. There were four players signed in the summer, along with two others from January who went into the youth sides before being promoted in the summer.

The deal for Eric Gomez is fucking mental. He had two years left on his deal but he wouldn't even sit down to negotiate a new one before Man City came in. The minute they showed an interest he was all over it, appearing weekly to ask for a move, and complaining when I told him to fuck off because it was all hypothetical, the first time I've ever seen that happen. They came in at twenty and immediately accepted my first negotiation, which made fume that I hadn't asked for more. Still, that's obscene money.

Toggle Spoiler

And now the two youngsters who've been promoted for this season.

Toggle Spoiler

There are a few other young players I've signed over the course of the game who are out on loan at the moment and look capable of becoming something. I'll do a post of them later.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My chosen few currently out on loan. I reckon the first two will be coming straight back to some serious involvement in the first team, while the third, the only one from my own youth system, will need another year or two on loan before he can step up.

Toggle Spoiler

While on my rounds looking for players with expiring contracts I've noticed West Brom have been absolutely nailing it with regards to newgens. All of the following have come through their ranks, and they're in the fucking Championship.

Toggle Spoiler

They're doubling up a bit, but who the fuck do they think they are? I tried to sign Rayson when his contract is up six months from now but he wants eighty grand a week, which he's not getting. Shame, because he's fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting offers left right and centre for Embolo, without really getting it. He's been okay but not brilliant. Until he turned up to play Sheffield Wednesday.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must have some team. Marco Asensio is currently the most valuable player at Real Madrid in my game. He's disgracefully good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's only on loan. No interest in joining me permanently unfortunately. I'm hoping the loan makes him like me/the club.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asensio is transferlisted by Real on mine in 2018, but I don't use AMCs, and I think I can find a better suited player to replace Candreva as AMR long-term.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That £2.8m move to Real Madrid takes place before the game begins, Smiff. He'll always be there.

He'll do a job.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only occasionally play with an AMC really, but for him that would become permanent.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmSmiff View Post
    Ah, is he one of these cheap wonderkids everyone gets at the start then? (assuming he doesn't make it at Madrid) I haven't signed those types since CM0102 with the exception of Barbosa over the years.
    No, because he's just moved, is obscenely talented, and starts the game on loan at Espanyol. I'm not even sure how you've interpreted that from anything said here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're basing the idea that he might be available on the cheap on a save in which he went for forty two million? Bang on brand.

Real Madrid don't let anyone go on the cheap if my save is anything to go by. They managed to get fourteen million off Man Utd for a thirty three year old Benzema, which I'm sure makes your heart sing joyous music.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can afford it you should keep him. He's fucking brilliant.

On the subject of centre backs, I've just lost out on a physically monstrous one on a free transfer for the second time in two years. Last time the twat picked Galatasaray over me for an extra fifteen grand a week, which seemed fair enough. This year I've lost out on someone who wanted twenty five because Man City have buzzed in and given him fucking three hundred grand a week. What's that about, you twats?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the new patch?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 2 17th place finishes with Gillingham (the first of which wasn't a full season) my team has finally clicked and we've been bouncing between 2nd and about 6th. I get the feeling Luton and Watford will piss the league and automatic promotion spots, but I need to try and stay in contention for the Play Offs. Unfortunately my star CB who has been incredible lately has decided it's time to fuck off. He's out of contract in the summer and a bid from the mighty Millwall (way below me in the table) turned his head and he refuses to stay, so I had to sell him. I managed to get £100k for a player I signed a year ago for less than £5k.... but I still feel gutted as I was on the verge of giving him a long term deal. Not sure I can replace him either. I'm scouting like crazy but a loan wouldn't really help me as I already max out on the 5 loanees allowed in the squad almost every game... but the only CB who is listed and decent (though not as good) would cost me all of the £100k I got. I get the feeling not getting him to sign earlier will cost me promotion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your shit together Sparta.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

Not sure that's going to happen any time soon, Ronaldo mate.

He did retire, and he's a Maritimo fan, so I've taken him on as a coach on four grand a week. Time to tighten your belt.

He finished with 195 caps and 143 goals.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a new challenge. Suggestions please.

Looking for a club of reasonable stature that's not necessarily fallen on hard times (but obvs open to suggestions) that need a bit of TLC, a bit of a makeover to get them back on an even keel. Anywhere in Europe suits me.

Go go go!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Clunge Torino were good in the forties... And you'd have a nice challenging rivalry with Juve.

Stuttgart won the Bundesliga 9 years ago but now it's not unusual to see them near the relegation zone.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta @Reg, I had a really good save with Torino on FM14 I think. Might take a look at them. Stuttgart was one that crossed my mind too. Would potentially be looking for a bit more of a tough gig than those two though.

Anyone else chaps?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to flog players as Chelsea. Why will nobody take Ramires, even for free? He's only on £80,000 a week.

On the cheap I've got rid of Diego Costa (£15 million to PSG), Fabregas (£13 million to PSG) and brought in various young English players as well as Berardi, but it's difficult to conclude the deal I want, for James Ward-Prowse, as I just can't offload people for love nor money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you flogging them off because of real life performances, or are they just as shite in the game?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to get rid of the high wage tossers at the start and remake the club around young players.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's next to impossible to get rid of a player you actually want rid of, even on the cheap. A better bet would be to just set low asking prices on the players you want out the door and let them leave as and when bids come in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's something I really don't like about the past few versions. Clearly teams would take Ramires on a free to use Jim's example.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listed Joe Allen for 2.5mil, about 15mil less than his value, and I was getting bids of about 600k. Its annoying as hell.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's currently pissing me off with a twat who I almost certainly will end up losing for fuck all. He's worth twenty three million and has a release clause of thirty. He won't sign a new contract and his current one is up in two years, so I've decided to cash in now. If I offer him out for anything above his release clause there's no takers, if I offer him out for anything below his release clause the only bids that come in are for half of whatever I asked for. If I make the offer non-negotiable, no matter what I'm asking for, there are no takers. It looks like I'm going to have to take about fifteen million for him, which is the sort of cut price nonsense I was hoping to avoid by binning him a year early.

He cost buttons so it'll still be something like a hundred thousand percent profit, but I can already smell the fan backlash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's even worse when they ask to leave, refuse contracts from whatever club makes a rare offer, then complain that you've failed to meet your promise of finding them a move.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton took him for £0 in the end after I told Emenalo to do it for me.

Set up a terrible side as follows:

GK Courtois
    DR Dave
    DL Andy Robertson (signed from Hull)
    DC John Terry
    DC Zouma (donning it so far)
    MC Mikel / Matic
    MC Oscar
    AMC Ward-Prowse
    LW Hazard
    RW Willian
    ST Berardi, who probably won't score all season.

Half the above are injured so five consecutive draws, three of them 0-0, is a satisfactory start but it'll have to improve or I'll be sacked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect Zouma will continue to don it for the full duration of that save. He appears to become one of the best defenders in the game.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to work towards replacing Astina (who has stalled completely in his development) with that obscene Russian I posted earlier, since he has turned 18 by the January window -19. Krasnodar wants more than £40 million though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so gutting when a max potential (4 gold 1 black) 17 year old gets damaged cruciate ligaments for 8-9 months. RIP to your career Fred Mutombo.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an eighteen year old get damaged cruciates and spend eight months out. He's now my best player by a distance and developing beautifully at almost twenty two. Keep the faith.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter as much when they are still young. If he's back at 18/19 there's still 2/3 years of development time. It's when it hits them later, say 22/23. Players don't tend to improve too much beyond that so that's when it becomes annoying.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    It's so gutting when a max potential (4 gold 1 black) 17 year old gets damaged cruciate ligaments for 8-9 months. RIP to your career Fred Mutombo.
    From this;

Toggle Spoiler

to this;

Toggle Spoiler

With basically a season out in between.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hopeless at developing youngsters. I took on a few 4-star potential players in my first season and they've all slowly regressed to the point coaches are saying they have "the potential to be a decent player", by which they tend to mean first team for a middling Championship club. I'm bad enough at rotating senior players, never mind risking a result for some hopeless noob.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really need to re-invent my tactic approach. The controlling game isn't working for me with Lazio anymore, I just lay siege to my opponents and win shot statistics by 2-4x, but I still lose or draw too many of them.

Counter it is.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I'm hopeless at developing youngsters. I took on a few 4-star potential players in my first season and they've all slowly regressed to the point coaches are saying they have "the potential to be a decent player", by which they tend to mean first team for a middling Championship club. I'm bad enough at rotating senior players, never mind risking a result for some hopeless noob.
    Get some feeder clubs and max out your youth facilities. Sign these youngsters at 16/17 where possible and give them a season or two learning the language and developing under a tutor. When they get to 19 think about loaning them out. But only do so to teams wanting them as a key player/first team regular. If they're just short repeat again at age 20. If by 21 they're still not close to say 20 starts a season, it's time to think about selling them on.
    Obviously being in a lower quality league does mean you can bed them in quicker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played my mate, 4 pens in the match. Is this a bug from the new patch? Too many reds aswell.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeet View Post
    Played my mate, 4 pens in the match. Is this a bug from the new patch? Too many reds aswell.
    Nope, I'm at start of third season of a network game with a mate, its been fine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've caused a bit of a problem for myself. This Egyptian nutter has been out on loan for the last three years, but his development blew up over the course of the last season and he's now far too good to be loaned out. The problem is that the right wing slot is locked down, I have two first team strikers for one place already, and I have the most valuable player at the club and a wonderkid from my own youth system at AMC.

He might make a good left winger, but I already have two players there, neither of whom have any interest in them. He's also very right footed, so he could be wasted out there.

Toggle Spoiler

I have a fairly tough rotation job on my hands for this season. A good problem to have, I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite proud of this, considering the respective success of the last four seasons, last year's second half of season in particular has reaped twelve World Golden Ball nominees.

Yesterday my house-mate asked me how my Football Manager game was going, as a gamer himself, and he found it odd that after three years now (in-game) of winning everything how I would still be interested in the game. It was odd explaining that as this was the fruits of the dynasty building coming to light, that the continued success of successive generations of young players would cause continued enjoyment.

He didn't get it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board have upped my maximum number of coaches from eleven to twenty, so I've given the staff a huge boost in the form of Dennis Bergkamp, Daniele de Rossi, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I already had Cristiano Ronaldo and Arda Turan on the coaching staff and Ricardo Carvalho as my assistant manager, so I reckon the coaching staff would probably fuck my first team at fives.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)