Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin Odegaard is a fucking menace.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To say things had gone to shit lately would be an understatement.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just realised you can give instructions to individual players in this

There's a few things I have been crying out to do with the formation and I didn't think I could.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 6 months at Boro in one night only to relaunch it the next day and my save won't load. Im done for the year.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, all the instructions seem to be locked unless you're in-game for some reason. Not really much use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Martin Odegaard is a fucking menace.
    Got him for £1.4mill, was transfer listed after 1 season

Him and Lincoln are bargains on the flanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Actually, all the instructions seem to be locked unless you're in-game for some reason. Not really much use.
    You can definitely change them outside of matches, there's just a lot of stuff that's built in to the role (e.g. full backs always look to cross the ball etc). It does feel pretty limiting but I suppose it makes sense.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So taken the plunge. Watford seem a solid chose, £15m to spend, £100k a week in the wage budget, not looked through the team so it could be complete dogshit.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woof. Perennial top four chases to title challengers.

We never looked likely to win the league, or anything for that matter as City, Chelsea & Benfica knocked us out of the cups. A few positives to note are the £170m in the bank, an average attendance of 43,500 and the academy is producing a few decent lads.

Once again I managed to strike lucky in the window as Sergi Roberto & Meyer came in for the departing Obiang & Destro. This now leaves us with these midfield choices.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay squad seems okay, certainly good enough to survive in the division. Terminated Diamanti's and Ibarbo's loan deals as I don't like loan players and it saves me a further £65k a week. However, not sure what world we live in where the highest earner is Valon Behrami.

Need a striker though. Deeney and Ighalo are good, but an injury crisis could proper fuck me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's growing at roughly the same rate as my club so he remains out of my price range at the moment. What a player he'll be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle me this chaps - full fat FM16 comes with FM Touch.

A. Does that also include FM Touch for mobile too? Or would you have to pay another £15 on top for that?
    B. If you just buy FM Touch for PC (£20), does that also include FM Touch for mobile? Or would you have to pay another £15 on top for that too?

The actual FM site is cack for this kind of info.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get the instant result button up? The match engine in this really is a disgrace.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's done it. No more ice skating defenders.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, as Ajax just lost Fischer and El Ghazi for a combined £60m. Both have 50% sell on fees too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't know how I've gone from beating Man City 3-0 and being fancied in a lot of games to being underdogs in games at 16th placed Newcastle and 17th placed Derby while still sitting 7th.

Does it mean my tactics are 'cracked' or that my training (which I have absolutely no idea how to work) is causing the players stats to deteriorate at a fast rate?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means you've been in shite form long enough for the odds to adjust.

If your player's stats were deteriorating quickly you'd be aware of it, and if you are then you should probably be taking steps to fix it. The training screens are incredibly easy to work out.

The match engine seems to reward tactical stasis less than it did in previous years, so if you're going into every game with an identical tactic and lineup you're likely to get sussed out. I've taken to making one or two minor. occasionally cosmetic changes per game, which seems to be working. The only time I fell into a rut was in the early going last season, and that rut ended with the institution of my current rotation policy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was right to suggest in a prior update that someone would go on a mad run to win the title, but it was Porto who fucked everyone, rather than Benfica. That said, Benfica did go from fifth at Christmas to second by the end of the season, so I wasn't far wrong.

Caicedo finished the season with sixteen league goals, which was good for joint third top scorer and seems incredibly impressive for someone signed for about eight quid. The main man, though. was Kelvin. He finished the season close to the top three in both goals and assists, and according to my own crude investigations had 'contributed' to the highest number of goals in the league. What a player. We were dicked out of Europe in humbling fashion by CSKA, but that end of season result meant we qualified for the Champion's League, so get fucked Europa.

Despite qualifying for the Chamion's League playoff, finishing higher in the league than last season, and generally signing a quality of player that's significantly better than anything the club has ever seen, my transfer budget was almost cut in half. I managed to sign one of the loan players from last season, but it's still a terrible display of frugality from a board who nonetheless asked for a significant improvement on the previous season.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means you've been in shite form long enough for the odds to adjust.

If your player's stats were deteriorating quickly you'd be aware of it, and if you are then you should probably be taking steps to fix it. The training screens are incredibly easy to work out.

The match engine seems to reward tactical stasis less than it did in previous years, so if you're going into every game with an identical tactic and lineup you're likely to get sussed out. I've taken to making one or two minor. occasionally cosmetic changes per game, which seems to be working. The only time I fell into a rut was in the early going last season, and that rut ended with the institution of my current rotation policy.
    That's a good idea on the tactics. I have been changing a few things but probably too much, the familiarity levels are very low for the end of January.

As for the training, I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I remember some older versions used to let you set out a fairly long schedule but I can't see ahead more than two weeks on this one. Do you have to check in every week to make changes then? I'd tried letting my assistant do it but then I realised n January that every week had been set to Fitness and every match prep was set to Attacking Movement.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking cunt bastard crashed again

Anyone else had it where either the calendar game progression overlay or the save game overlay get stuck on the screen? I can see the screen changing in behind when I click things but it's all blurred out because of the overlay and there's no way to get rid of it. That's 3 times now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was getting crashes quite a bit during games, mostly when I made tactical changes. Cleared out all the logos and kits that I added and it seems to be behaving itself again.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After taking some more time over training and shaking up the defence, things are looking up a bit of late. Bentacur has made a difference in midfield too. Still in contention for Europe but I've two of the big boys breathing down my neck.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th after. 4 points off Arsenal in 4th. Success anyway after only promising top half.

8th place Man Utd have just sacked Ancelotti though and my name is being mentioned

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After corrupting yet another save, I've finally figured out the problem. I've closed my laptop too quickly after quitting the game, because apparently the save-process can be writing a full 30-45 seconds after the game has shut down, even on a SSD.

So, bye Everton, it was good while it lasted. Sociedad is up, and this one is gonna stick. I'll stay away from the obvious ones this time in Barbosa, Ajer, Zivkovic etc.. Still gonna try and get Bentancur in. Meli + Rodrigo Mora perhaps, and I've been wanting to try out Lozano.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smashing the second season with Norwich. Sixth in the league with a game in hand plus seven more to go, won the League Cup and into the semi-finals of the FA Cup with the sort of fantasy land final four that screams total failure if we fail to win it from here.

To be honest though I'm finding it a real slog to see out this season. Despite performing well above expectations there's no real sense of achievement. It feels totally random and yet entirely predictable - like it doesn't really matter what I do. I change tactics slightly almost every game but I don't feel like there's any real reward to studying opponents or really thinking about things much.

One of the few games we've lost recently was a 3-1 away to Chelsea. Their left back, left-sided centre back and defensive midfielder all picked up early bookings and yet when I changed tactics to "exploit the right flank" - since Redmond is my best player on the right wing and Hazard was charging on to leave booked players exposed - I still found them launching themselves into now perfectly timed challenges. They should have been shitting themselves as Redmond tore past them - as he does most opponents and as he has Chelsea before - but I feel like the AI isn't actually smart enough to take those sorts of things into consideration.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunderland.

As you can see were doing our upmost to keep pace with the big boys and up until United smashed us 4-1, it was going swimmingly. Chelsea and Liverpool are having mares, so the top four should make for easy pickings. In a bid to improve the squad over the summer, I decided to reunite the Argentinean defensive duo that worked well in my early Villa days. Welcome Balanta & Mammana for a combined £20m.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a name.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torn what to do with the season expectations now. I was only 4 points off the Champions League the past season but I really wanted to bring in at least 3 of the U21's to the first team by Christmas, so maybe would be better going top half again.

EDIT: Europa only got me €2m more in transfers and CL only got me €3m more, so I just went top half again. Only have €13m this time round though so I better blood those youngsters, and I can only keep a small fraction of outgoings. Job one will be getting dos Santos off the wage bill.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still crashing. I don't know whether to blame Windows 10 or the game, but Windows 10 cost me nothing so up yours SI.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine hasn't in a while, but I'm saving like a fucker.

Is it the same crashes I get?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not all the time, but happens when I try making subs or moving players around during a game. Little popup tells me I've got a crash dump and then the game cuts out and a steam prompt comes up with 'installing'. Submitted the save and dump to SI and they suggested it was graphic packs and that I should remove those and possibly do a complete reinstall. Ditched the graphics and thought it was alright, but then had it happen again so I'm trying the complete reinstall next before giving up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I did 6 months at Boro in one night only to relaunch it the next day and my save won't load. Im done for the year.
    That's harsh, I use the weekly auto-save on a rolling ten saves; have managed to only come across three crashes total in the last nine months which is nice - and one corruption that happened whenever the graphics driver was updating in the background at the time of saving.

Antonio Patino has hit his stride for me in the game these last two seasons something fierce; 28 in 36(18) last season, and 20 in 22(25) in his first with us after a year out on loan to Barcelona where he knocked in 14 in 9(28).

Still have another £21m in goal bonus to pay out to America(Mex) after another 13 league goals, which looks likely to be going out this season after all given that he's stuck in seven in the last three games - but all in all, £62m over four/five years was a good investment upfront between him and my 6'7" beast Ibriama Honda for £44m.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What made you choose that ghastly skin?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That screenshot is too busy for my eyes to fathom.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    Riddle me this chaps - full fat FM16 comes with FM Touch.

A. Does that also include FM Touch for mobile too? Or would you have to pay another £15 on top for that?
    B. If you just buy FM Touch for PC (£20), does that also include FM Touch for mobile? Or would you have to pay another £15 on top for that too?

The actual FM site is cack for this kind of info.
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I not getting a warning about non-EU player count when I'm trying to sign Amartey as Valencia? He's only Ghanaian?

Edit: All Cotonou-players are treated as EU. :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    What made you choose that ghastly skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    That screenshot is too busy for my eyes to fathom.
    It's for FM14, I liked the manner that the data was presented. Suppose I'm used to it.

It appeared to be the one to best suit my needs from what I could find online.

Ugh, one of my key forwards is out now for six months with a broken leg, that's the end of his season - quite possibly even his career with us.

Does mean that Patino has prime opportunity now to cement himself into the secondary goalscoring position, and young Miles Bennett Dyson (as I've called him) will have more room to get a few starts to help him along. Hopefully it doesn't take the sting out of my attack on rotation as the games double up again weekly in January.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Academica are currently taunting me with the existence of this nutcase.

Fucking sixteen.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    Anyone?
    My guess would be they're separate things:

FM Touch (included) is the version which works with touchscreen computers (as in things like the Surface) which can also use touch. It'll will be the same game, but with a touch-friendly UI.

FM Touch for say iOS or Android is the same thing, but you don't automatically get that (otherwise there wouldn't be much call for it as a separate thing as surely most people own the desktop version?).

So, if you want to have it on both formats, and don't have a touchscreen PC then you need to purchase both.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Academica are currently taunting me with the existence of this nutcase.

Fucking sixteen.
    Maybe they don't love you enough to give you their last Rolo?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My board are fucking twats.

I've just finished the third season, with a good end of season run pushing me four points above Sporting and turning the big three into a proper big four. I'd negotiated upgrades to the training and youth facilities, set to begin once the season was done. Two days before the final game of the season I get a news item telling me that the board have decided they're going to build a new twenty thousand seat stadium for thirty million quid, followed by two more telling me they were cancelling the upgrades due to a lack of funds.

It also means my transfer budget is down on the previous season for the second season running. Qualifying for the Champion's League last season meant the board found an extra five million behind the couch going into January, which I gratefully spent on young regens who I'll post along with the transfer update when I hit September, but I could do with an actual transfer budget in the summer.

Now, a six thousand seat council owned shithole is far from ideal, but they could have waited a bit longer before fucking the club financially.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, remarkably... From 19th last season and another season target of avoiding relegation, we won the league, whilst making a profit in the summer.

Proper fist pumping stuff, as we won it on the last day of the season.

I've used the close season to bring in Alex Henshall on a free, who I'd had on loan for 18 months and was League 2 POTY for me last season, and record signing Kieran Agard, who scored 22 goals for Burton in League 2 last season, whilst retaining most of the squad. I could still do with a right-back, a real top class (for L1) centre half, and possibly a right winger but the transfer kitty has run dry.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just happened...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Zlatan as an assistant manager in one of my saves. Has to be the single most unrealistic player turned staff in the game.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've replaced Rio and taken the Dortmund job.

We're 9th in the Bundesliga at the end of September 2032.