37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torino.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my hands on this now and made a start down in Vanarama South with Chelmsford. Trying to create a 0-0 tactic like Jimmy's but keep conceding from corners. 3 games, 3 narrow losses.

EDIT: September is upon us and we've just had our first team meeting. Sitting pretty at the bottom with 2 points and not a clue how to add to those.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following some thoroughly exciting transfers, my favourite being signing a striker from Cowdenbeath, we are off and running and the goals are now flying in at both ends. 10 points from the first five is a good return and almost everyone is under 20.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got sacked in February in my first try with Feyenoord. Had only lost 3 matches but drawn a shitload because nobody except Kuyt would score, ever. I'll probably try it with a German second league team now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just can't get motivated for this. This might be it for me with it.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my first season at AC Milan in 2030/31.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone pass me a defensive free kick setup? I concede a free kick goal almost once per game and it's losing me points everywhere.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The table as it stands with four games left. Considering we had just four points after 14 games, grabbing 33 points in 24 games makes me proud of the lads. Gosport and Basingstoke at home are must win games. Wish me luck guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided against the Betis game and instead went with Norwich. To make it a bit more interesting I've decided I'll try to build a side predominantly from Scots and see if I can survive in the Premier League. I've only brought in Charlie Mulgrew and Alan McGregor so far though so that plan will be more of a long game.

Things are going pretty well so far:

Think that cup defeat to Hull is the only properly bad result so far. Sitting in a reasonably strong position in the league, at tenth with a game in hand on a couple teams above us, but I expect there will be a few defeats to come given the lack of goals.

I've had four or five players already crying about the lack of first team football, which seems ridiculous given we're not even into December yet. I've told most of them they can fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bit insane. All the big teams including us are utter shit (less than 2 points per game average ) and Torino still haven't tilted.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    The table as it stands with four games left. Considering we had just four points after 14 games, grabbing 33 points in 24 games makes me proud of the lads. Gosport and Basingstoke at home are must win games. Wish me luck guys.
    Fucking shit game. We didn't even bother. A loss and a draw relegates us to whatever pot of shit floats below the Vanarama. Have to look for a new club soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's sixteen?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ajax defense pair Bazoer and Riedewald look absolute mint.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's about a dozen at Ajax with serious potential.

How's everybody coping tactically? Fourth season in and I'm yet to not completely alter my setup.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things have turned around. We now have the best attack and worst defence in the league, but the league position is the same. We had a very good start but of late are going 3-0 down early on in most matches as my defenders just make individual errors by the dozen. Which is as they should, as they're all 19 and shit. The match engine really is excellent.

On the positive side, I've massively cut costs so hopefully the moneyball approach will see us right to make a couple of big signings to push us closer to the top in the following season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I drew the only team that is better than us in that surprisingly weak last 8. Mind you, if we somehow beat Bayern we could have a huge shot at the trophy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very strange QF lineup.

Have you got a 3-5-2 in backup, @Vim? I haven't tried 3 defenders yet.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen, a back four is an absolute must in this. I've seen full backs winning player of the year/tournament awards all over the shop, while centre backs get bummed and wingers do nothing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wingers have worked quite well for me, Inside Forwards useless so far - they just run into trouble.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started up. Mauled Leicester 3-0 in my first game with Nathanial Clyne running things for me. More importantly though Arsenal offered me 26 million in actual cash for Adam Lallana, I nearly shat the bed.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Wingers have worked quite well for me, Inside Forwards useless so far - they just run into trouble.
    Yeah, I gave up on Inside Forwards with Atleti and just stuck Griezmann to the left of a flat 4-3-3. Works so much better.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I know, how about we replace the manager who kept us in the Vanarama National League with the chap who got relegated from the Vanarama South."

I'm now manager of Wrexham.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 3-4-1-2 is actually my most consistent formation, back four has been wildly incosistent for me, both at Feyenoord and now at St. Pauli.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    Just started up. Mauled Leicester 3-0 in my first game with Nathanial Clyne running things for me. More importantly though Arsenal offered me 26 million in actual cash for Adam Lallana, I nearly shat the bed.
    They did that to me on FM15. I laughed as I accepted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    That's a very strange QF lineup.

Have you got a 3-5-2 in backup, @Vim? I haven't tried 3 defenders yet.
    I haven't used a 352 since the first few weeks.

Right now my most consistent tactic is the 4312, I tried 442 and flat 433 for a couple matches each but they both failed. I think with some work on defending free kicks (not sure how to improve that though) the tactic is fundamentally a good one.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellarabi is too good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About to be sacked by St. Pauli too. I have at least 2 Clear Cut Chances every game, and almost always more shots on target. Yet, I lose most of them.
    Fiddling around with playing styles doesn't seem to help either.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First season done, except for a Copa del Rey-final against Real. Went out in the first round of CL against Porto. Jackson Martinez scored 31 in 38.

Horn has been immense in goal, that release clause is a steal at the start of the game. Got a lot of trash to clear out in the summer window, which could finance either a fuckton of regens or Tielemans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Turned it around and I'm sitting in 5th after 24 games - only conceded 20 goals so far, so my system seems to be working.

League One in 2013/14 is difficult - us, Swindon, Wolves, Brentford, Sheffield United, Leyton Orient, Coventry, MK Dons and Bristol City are all decent teams and performing well.
    Finished 3rd, got drawn against Crawley in the playoffs and Matt Doherty got sent off in the 4th minute. Lost the first leg 3-0, won the second leg 1-0 and didn't advance any further.

As it is, I have the best team in League One this year (Boro didn't sign Lee Tomlin permanantly, I've signed Michael Hector from Reading and a few younguns from Man United including Michael Keane) but I've had a slow start with a few draws and I'm mid-table.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Spurs and Liverpool wobbling, we really should be pushing 5th, but as it is 13th is our table high. I can only put this down to the Europa league were we've already played 11 games! From Xanthi to Prague, Bruges to Valencia, we now found ourselves in the last 64.

That second spot has earned us a tough but winnable tie with Ajax. The winner will then go on to face Young Boys or Malaga. Quarter finals here we come.

Transfers

Another busy transfer window in the summer. Vadala has proved to be a coup with 13 goals already this term. Zuculini adds to the every growing Argentinian ranks as an out and out shit kicker. Big gamble Coquelin joins for £20m and Vampeta & Blaid represent my first newgen signings. #

7 points off European football, I decided another marquee signing could bridge the gap. The answer, Tielemans. I'm counting on him being the absolute nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lost 3-2 against Palermo conceding two goals from set pieces. I'm begging please give me a working setup for defending set pieces, it's borderline unplayable for me at the moment. Conceding maybe 40% of goals from set pieces.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    Just lost 3-2 against Palermo conceding two goals from set pieces. I'm begging please give me a working setup for defending set pieces, it's borderline unplayable for me at the moment. Conceding maybe 40% of goals from set pieces.

My free kick defensive set-up:

Conceded five from free kicks all season, and three from corners with this set-up:

Also, I'm using Inside Forwards to quite some success with my 4-2-3-1. Full backs are set to FBSupport, and the IFs tuck inside at every opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers DS I'll try some of that out. I checked and around 30% of the goals I've conceded in the league came from corners+free kicks. If I can prevent those, then it would be great.

I got knocked out of the CL by Bayern. We lost 1-0 at home, then won 1-0 at Allianz Arena only to lose on penalties.

However, we've hit some consistency in the league, though we still have some stupid results like 1-1 at home against Chievo and that loss against Palermo. The other title challengers are just as inconsistent though and Torino had a few bad games in a row which means that somehow we've managed to get ourselves in first with two games to go. Our last game was at San Siro against Inter and we managed to get a rare 1-0 win which was key.

The next game ... Juve-Torino. The derby. I really did not think it would be a title derby. Unfortunately Milan beat us in the head-to-head so a win against Torino wouldn't win us the title, as Milan have an easy home game against Bologna. We play Bologna ourselves in the last fixture, away though. Torino have Sassuolo and Milan have Carpi then so I really need to win both games to win the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the actual game out? And whats that thing people do with the editor to mix up where all the good newgens come from?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two players offside when the shot was hit, the ball deflects off No 20 wrong foots my keeper and the linesman is having none of it. What an epic cunt.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Summer window was crazy. PSG activated two release clauses, one on deadline day, which had me scrambling to get a CB in. For some reason, my board (cunts) had decided that transfer revenue really shouldn't go back into the transfer budget, so I sat there having sold 3 players for almost 130 million with only 8 million in the budget to work with. Desperately I went for Riedewald, and dumped a winger that doesn't fit into my team for 25% of his market value.

http://i.imgur.com/jYuvbLw.png?1

Herrera on loan feels like a great addition, and Tielemans is already doing stuff way beyond his current stats.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AE View Post
    So is the actual game out? And whats that thing people do with the editor to mix up where all the good newgens come from?
    Yep, has been since Friday I believe. For the regens you have to to change the youth rating to the maximum of 200 for each country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We beat Torino and went into the last match, away at Bologna still three points ahead of Milan. We just needed a draw and Bologna also just needed a draw to be sure of avoiding relegation. I just put 'Counter' on, but since they needed a draw they didn't even try to score it ended 0-0 good result for both teams.

Champions with 74 points. It was a good comeback though, we really clicked in the last third of the season. I took a look at the ranking graph thing and we were never top of the table until week 33. I'd say every big team underperformed in terms of points, Torino probably deserved the title for their effort.

Player stats-wise, Dybala played by far the most minutes. I had no other deep-lying forward so he played 52 matches out of 53. He's also our top scorer with 20 (followed by Morata with 17) and got most assists again with 20.

The average rating doesn't really matter since it seems that this game favours full-backs heavily. Most of the highest average rating players in Serie A are full-backs, the highest being Lichtsteiner of course. The four top ratings in our team are the four fullbacks (Caceres, Licht, Sandro, Evra). Behind them is Sturaro, so I guess he has the best real rating. He was really great and has great attributes this year.

Player of the season is a hard decision, Sturaro as I said was really good, Dybala probably was even more important though. Shoutout to Rugani who was far, far better than Chiellini (who was a total disaster) and ended up playing 35 times. Chiellini played 23 times. Worst player of the season was Cuadrado of course, played 13 times and did absolutely nothing. Doesn't help that I play without wingers, but the few times I tried wingers (or put him at RWB) he just made me run back to narrow formations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting tasty now. Dead last, they said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me that was a disaster. Going to have to start again I think, playing the ball out from the back seems to be a no go that much I have learned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG asked me for Pereyra and I told them to piss off by setting his price at €50M ... they offered €46M. Pereyra is now in PSG.

With that money, I'm going to bring Oliver Torres in.

I've also sold Mandzukic and Hernanes, their fees were not as high because I was basically begging anyone to take them. €23M for the two of them. Out goes Barzagli as well, I love the guy irl but in the game his physical condition just isn't good enough to play regularly and I have to give Rugani games.

So far I've only brought in one major signing, Franco Vazquez from Palermo. He's great, he will play behind the strikers but can cover for Dybala upfront as well.

I tried to bring Michael Bradley in to rotate in the midfield but he wanted €195K per week, which would make him my highest paid player so no thanks. I'm bringing in Fellaini on loan instead.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandzukic, really? He seems like a beast to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like him. He didn't have a bad scoring average (11 in 25) but he did not have the influence on the team that Morata has. He doesn't really fit my playing style and to be honest he doesn't fit in real life either. In the end either I keep him or I keep Zaza, I'll always end up keeping the option that's younger and Italian.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mediocrity at it's finest. After a conspiracy from the very core of UEFA knocked us out of the Europa league, we proceeded to bottle in the FA cup (to league 1 Hull no less) and win only 2 of our 10 remaining league games. The board now expect 7th as a given, the media 8th.

Both Butland & Veretout left for North London for a combined £25m. Incoming were Paul Clement as my new assistant, Mattia Perin as the new No1 and a newgen tipped as the next Gilberto Silva.