User Tag List

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager Thread

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an offer of 52 million non-negotiable from United, and I'm really torn on whether to accept or not. He's only averaged around 7.15 two seasons in a row, and I already have Felipe Anderson on left wing. He's on paper a bit better than all of my strikers though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing a lot more attacking recently and think some of my boredom may have been down to the cautious way I was approaching every game, never quite backing the team to go out and win comfortably. I've switched to 4-4-2 (sometimes 4-2-4) and Van Wolfswinkel and Destro are banging the goals in. We're top of the league having beaten Liverpool 3-2 away from home, and drawn to United while they lost to Watford. Still, however enjoyable attacking football may be, these are the results I live for:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had a thing for Destro in this. I could have had him spearheading the Cov attack if Genoa didn't inexplicably demand £18m despite being near the foot of Serie A.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good start to the third season.

Shame Candreva couldn't get a 10.0

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started as Fulham on FM 15. Came fourth after a surge at the end of the season and won the playoff final 9-8 on pens.

James Wilson stormed the league the second half of the season.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    I have an offer of 52 million non-negotiable from United, and I'm really torn on whether to accept or not. He's only averaged around 7.15 two seasons in a row, and I already have Felipe Anderson on left wing. He's on paper a bit better than all of my strikers though.
    I wouldn't take that offer. You can get higher than that, I reckon.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha F U Tyler Walker.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My board gave me another £30m in the transfer budget so I thought I'd try to bring in Mata, who's requested a transfer at United.

Offer accepted at a reasonable cost of £20m, but fucking lol at his wage demands.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I wouldn't take that offer. You can get higher than that, I reckon.
    Ended up accepting 60 on deadline day from Arsenal. Not that I need the money, but he wasn't really that important for the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmSmiff View Post
    I'm slightly miffed that I have to start my season again, I didn't get too far but I'd searched for hours for youngsters. Mental note: Save and shut down. Don't go to work and return to a house with no electric.
    There should be an automatic claims process for that shit.

Football Manager saves' have rights too!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life imitating art.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll do.

@Bernanke what's that skin?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balls.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at that Borussia screenshot. That's even the same goalscorer and within a minute of when he actually scored.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My life with Dortmund has started fairly well. They were 8th or 9th when i joined them at the end of September; this is the table now we've reached the Christmas break. Bayern are doing their thing, but i think 2nd palce is up for grabs.

Also progressed from the Champions League group stage, despite having a mare of a start, 3 points after 3 games. But managed to turn it around and sneak in runner up in the group. Now have Valencia in the first knockout stage.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    That'll do.

@Bernanke what's that skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Lol at that Borussia screenshot. That's even the same goalscorer and within a minute of when he actually scored.
    People, please. It is from the game this week, the 'life imitating art' thing is for all the times you've in FM lost 0-1 in a game where you won the shot statistics by 30-1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason Mario Gotze is kicking around as a free transfer in mid-November 2017. Does that happen often? I've offered him a contract but it's hard to understand why he isn't in huge demand. He hasn't had a club since the summer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People, please. It is from the game this week, the 'life imitating art' thing is for all the times you've in FM lost 0-1 in a game where you won the shot statistics by 30-1.
    Not quite worthy of a , but the slight difference in the goal time threw me off. Should probably look at screenshots for more than a second, because the Facebook tabs etc should have been a dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    For some reason Mario Gotze is kicking around as a free transfer in mid-November 2017. Does that happen often? I've offered him a contract but it's hard to understand why he isn't in huge demand.
    He's still at Bayern into the fifth season in my game, but his contract is running down and they only want five million quid for him. I remember he went six months without a contract on my Rangers game on the last version though, so it seems like maybe he's just one of the players the game doesn't rate particularly highly for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops.

indeed. Though someone needs to make that skin a reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My scouts are giving him 4.5 stars and saying "sign him whatever the cost" so even his underlying numbers must be good. The wages are above what I'm paying anybody else but don't seem like they'd be huge for a side like Bayern (or those at a similar level). Just seems like something must be borked for him to still be available, but I won't be complaining if he agrees to join me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple of people play beyond his original contract extension. Bayern have tended to bring someone just as good in and not play him. I'd imagine his wage demands to be quite high for most clubs though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've signed him on £135k a week. I was able to give him a huge signing on fee and some fairly generous bonuses due to the lack of a transfer fee, but that doesn't seem too unreasonable given his ability.

We've also powered through that horror run having only lost to Real Madrid. Four points over Juventus puts us through to CL knockouts with a game to spare, and we're second by a point in the league behind City. If Gotze can hit the ground running I think we could power on and have a seriously good season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although for perhaps the best example yet of expectations being completely mad, I present this:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it mildly ridiculous when we snatched a plucky win against Juventus but we've just beaten Real Madrid 3-0... They were already guaranteed to top the group but that still has me back to thinking the game is broken.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've won the league for a second time running.

We were second going into the last game of the season, having lost against Porto a few weeks earlier when the game decided that eight of my first team fucking off on international duty wasn't reason enough to request a postponement. In the end it didn't matter though, as Benfica drew while we won.

Patrik Camilo finished the season as both the best player and top assister in the league. Previous top striker Zach Clough left in January for his release fee of £8.5m, so Pedro Marques, who has spent the last three seasons out on various loan deals, finished the season as top scorer.

The new stadium move was delayed from its original date at the start of last season to a new date in November, and then again until February, so we've only been in the new place, 'Maritimo Stadium', for a couple of months.

On the transfer front, Nuno Rolo has been letting his contract with Academica run down so I've arranged to bring him in on a free transfer at the end of the season. Get fucked Zidane you lanky bald twat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Portuguese league seems to be less of a joke in some ways, and more of a joke in others, than in previous years. 'The Big Three' used to be so far ahead of everyone else in terms of income that you had to sell about twenty million quid of players every season just to keep up, but I've just completed my fifth season and apparently we're already the highest earners in the league in terms of sponsorship.

Our stadium is still miles behind and the fact that they each have players on about eighty grand a week suggests they still have alternative revenue streams that are letting them support fairly obscene wage bills, but the entire league seems to have had the money drained from it this year.

EDIT - On another glance it looks as though Sporting actually have a fairly similar wage cap to my own, but they're paying far more players their top wage, and Porto seem to be behaving themselves with their top earner on about sixty grand a week. Benfica are a joke, but then that seems to be a running theme in the thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine him for that hair cut Smiffy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much planning on bringing in a big time striker, I've been frustrated twice. First Aboubakar. I sent through an offer which was 'leaked' and got to offer him a deal. We agreed on him signing for about £105k p/w. As soon as I advanced a day along came Valencia and matched my offer, who went on to sign him and he now plays there on something like £79k p/w.
    Then came Babacar. Almost the exact same situation but with Napoli as the stealing club.

I have Embolo, Wilson and Rodriguez as strikers but the problem is only one of them is really reliable at it. From a quick scout around there's no one really left who is ready to come in and smash it. My only real options are Werner, Zivkovic or Donis. That or just save my money.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    After much planning on bringing in a big time striker, I've been frustrated twice. First Aboubakar. I sent through an offer which was 'leaked' and got to offer him a deal. We agreed on him signing for about £105k p/w. As soon as I advanced a day along came Valencia and matched my offer, who went on to sign him and he now plays there on something like £79k p/w.
    Then came Babacar. Almost the exact same situation but with Napoli as the stealing club.

I have Embolo, Wilson and Rodriguez as strikers but the problem is only one of them is really reliable at it. From a quick scout around there's no one really left who is ready to come in and smash it. My only real options are Werner, Zivkovic or Donis. That or just save my money.
    How far into the game? Jovic, Moldoveanu, Saponjic, Calleri?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Les Reed has announced he is retiring at the end of the season as Director of Football. Do I need to hire another or will the board do it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't you want to hire your own?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Cutting it short" at 41 years old; such a shame. Serves him right for turning my Luton side down.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Why wouldn't you want to hire your own?
    Because it was him that hired me, so I presume I can't hire the person above me. What I really want to know is whether I'll get the option to continue with none.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far into the game? Jovic, Moldoveanu, Saponjic, Calleri?
    Of those only Calleri is on my game and he's moved to Monaco. I'm surprised to see Jovic isn't as I had him last yeah when I loaded a large database.

I had a look for Berardi, as I completely forgot about him. Only to find Napoli have him, Babacar, Gabbiadini and Drmic as a strike force. I don't know if their attributes translate to the game but that looks a pretty awesome front 4.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Because it was him that hired me, so I presume I can't hire the person above me. What I really want to know is whether I'll get the option to continue with none.
    Check your staff responsibilities screen. It will tell you there.

I'm at Southampton too and it's down to me to hire/fire all staff.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sold MAckail-Smith for free on the last day of the first January transfer window and someone got upset. I told him not to worry because he didn't play anyway. Team meeting alert! They're sad about how I spoke to the guy moaning:

Idiots. How many times did he play since the start of the season?

He came on as a sub twice and stank it up.

F you, Luton.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your staff responsibilities screen. It will tell you there.

I'm at Southampton too and it's down to me to hire/fire all staff.
    Matias Sammer is free as a DoF but I may wait for Reed to go I suppose. Hopefully he's still there after the retirement as he looks decent.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally gotten into this again after quite a long while not playing, and continued a game on FM15 that I started quite a while ago.

I started unemployed with the lowest rep and ended up getting my first job at Woking who looked destined for the drop. I saved them in Season 1 and lead them to promotion in Season 2, not the greatest achievement as they should have been up there before I arrived, but it felt good. Up in League 2 we did well in our first year, but the second year, despite me strengthening the team, we struggled badly and were battling the drop when I got fed up. I usually love a relegation scrap but there was just absolutely nothing to get excited about with how it was going, so I resigned. For some unknown reason League 1 Gillingham came calling not long after.

Up in League 1 with Gillingham things have gone.... OK-ish. When I took over they were outside the drop zone but didn't look in any particular danger, and that's how it ended up. Results picked up a fair bit but not dramatically, and we ended up in a safe lower mid-table position.

So then came my first proper transfer window (I could do nothing in January as the old boss had maxed out wages on shit loans, and also maxed out our allowed number of loans.... except for 1 which I used to sign James Tavernier on loan who then got injured for the year). I bought in some experience at the back and some quality in other positions, but it just didn't work. MY "big" signing, at least in terms of wages, is Callum Robinson from Villa, but he's been dire so far. Granted it's only been 3 months so hopefully he can pick up.

There always seemed to be one "saga" or another in the team. The biggest one was probably at Goalkeeper. I had Stuart Nelson as the number 1 last year, but at the age of 36 he's not got much left to offer. His understudy Jamie Jones and a regen keeper who I'd loaned out to the conference and he'd bossed it the previous year were probably better options. I gave the youngster a try and he was OK, but not great. I felt I needed more experience. I decided to turn to Jones, but the day before his planned first game we got an offer for him from Exeter. I turned it down as I planned to use him but he kicked up a fuss about it. He told me he wanted to leave, or for us to build the team around him. I said I would do the latter, as I figured a few games in the first team would calm him down. He then asked for a new contract to reflect his status. I agreed to it but when I failed to offer one that day he went to Unhappy and wouldn't negotiate with me at all. As he was my best option I stuck with him and despite constantly having Abysmal morale and "looking uninterested" he performed reasonably well. After about 2 months of this he decided he was happy to stay.... so I triggered a contract extension to tie him down on his shit wage. Fuck you.

I dropped into the drop zone recently and after 180 minutes of goalless, shit football saw us knocked out the FA Cup by League 2 Wycombe... I decided we had to play 2 up top from now on, despite the fact all my strikers had been shit (which was the leading reason I was only playing 1). It seems to have worked and back to back wins over Bolton and Bradford have got us 6 points clear of danger and roughly to where we were last year. I just need to find someway to improve things and help us kick on. I really hate agents on this game though, and how there's essentially no such thing as a Free Transfer anymore. You can't even renew contracts without money in the transfer kitty, can you? I wish they'd get rid of that to be honest, even if it is more "realistic".

It's good to be back into it though, hopefully I won't lose interest soon.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a save as Winterthur in Switzerland. I've signed Del Piero

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My game is broken.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My game is broken.
    He had a great time at Arsenal in mine after Wenger retired and then took over at Milan.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's gone from Sociedad to Athletic on mine. After an 8th place finish and not much else he's moved on to PSG. Right now we have De Boer at Arsenal, Rudi Garcia at City, Mancini at Spurs, Low at United, Monk at Everton and Conte at Liverpool.

It's only been 2 years!

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In mine in 2020 it's:

Man City - Unai Emery
    Man Utd - Rudi Garcia
    Arsenal - Sinisa Mihajlovic
    Chelsea - Paco Jemez
    Spurs - Mauricio Pochettino
    Liverpool - Jurgen Klopp

Pellegrini, Wenger, and van Gaal have all retired and Mourinho is managing Germany.

Villas Boas is at Barcelona since 2016.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfer business relatively done. I wanted players to add to the 1st team this time around. I was also expecting to lose a fair few players after a disappointing season.

Toggle Spoiler

The only big one going out is right there at the top. Quite disappointingly Rulli was straight onto me after the last game of the season wanting to move to Liverpool. I tried to keep him and he kicked off. I tried using the 'I'll accept if they make an acceptable bid' option, but it's quite flawed in game. They just take it was you will accept their next offer, no matter what. They offered the exact same again and I rejected, leaving to a mini revolt. Offered him out to clubs and the French came calling. That deal can go up to £33m. I was able to snag Butland from relegated Stoke so it wasn't all bad.

Coming in, there are 2 new full backs as my current ones weren't cutting it. Assensio comes in on loan. I tried to buy him permanently and he showed why with 3 assists on his debut in a 4-0 win against Everton. Martinez for so cheap seemed a no brainer. The last signing was Stancu. I'll post a shot of him below.
    That was all set to be me done, but Embolo has just picked up a 4-5 month injury so I ideally need a striker now.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a wild finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming in, there are 2 new full backs as my current ones weren't cutting it. Assensio comes in on loan. I tried to buy him permanently and he showed why with 3 assists on his debut in a 4-0 win against Everton. Martinez for so cheap seemed a no brainer. The last signing was Stancu. I'll post a shot of him below.
    That was all set to be me done, but Embolo has just picked up a 4-5 month injury so I ideally need a striker now.

Toggle Spoiler
    God damn that's a sexy-regen.

In all truth I'm becoming a bit annoyed in my game that over the last few seasons I've not seen more that two or three really high potential regens (4 to 5 star) - and I've been scouring every seasons' youth intake.

The highest rated youth players coming through my own ranks over the last three seasons have been around the 130-145 mark, despite everything being pretty much maxed out. I've got some great youth players coming up, but they regen-ed into life four-six years ago.

Seems there's a lack of potential talent knocking about, anyone seen this before?