I thought we had a thread for this already but I can't find anything. Happy for it to be merged if one exists.

I've had a refurbished Macbook for coming on 3 years and I think it's just about done its time. The battery can barely hold charge and now I think the power connection is burnt out as it is often failing to charge.

I'm in two minds about what to do now. I'm not willing to pay the price of a brand new Macbook, but I do like the physical build quality of them and would much rather have something of that solid sort of build rather than flimsy plastic shit of most other manufacturers. Even a refurbished model that was four years old when I bought it has almost lasted me longer than my previous laptops combined. I don't need anything particularly powerful as I do almost everything through a web browser these days, with the exception of occasionally using Photoshop/InDesign (and for all the ability I have with those, I could probably just as easily use something much simpler).

So I care a lot more about how the thing feels to use than I do about its technical specs or anything like that, and I just wanted to see if there were any recommendations for other options before I look at another refurbed Macbook?