Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
Love the fact that we can't defend with five defenders makes you decide to go with less.
I dunno that it would help either, but in my world I'd say it's more like playing one more defender - I feel like Bellerin and whoever is on the Left are more like wide midfielders in a 3-4-3.

But anyway, the idea I know is that they should be falling back into fullback positions on the defensive effectively making it some sort of 5-2-3, what what keeps happening is they go a little too far up, and the "wide centerbacks" come up covering for them a little too high as well, and they get found out.

When the cross to Calum Wilsons goal came in yesterday, there were 3 (arguably 4) fucking arsenal players surrounding/chasing whoever crossed it for Bournemouth:

Now, it's also a mystery how Chambers and whoever else was in the middle didn't manage to together mark the guy, coupled with Cechs timing - so literally half the team managed to fuck up there, but still - I feel like these sort of things keep happening in this formation when Bellerin and Kolasinac effectively are playing like wingers.

In a team like Chelsea they get away with it basically because they have Kante to cover in midfield, and partly because Moses and Alonso are a little more conservative.

So in a nutshell - I think at least a 4-man-defense is something Arsenal (remotely) knows how to play, so it might be better.

But again - it is probably all beyond hope anyway.