Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, they're so bad.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Liverpool are tragic at the back. They're going to get battered at some point this season, probably by City.
    They already did.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd forgotten that game happened. I guess you could say I called it. #evictory

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of that back four, Moreno has been the best defensively. That's more than just a bit worrying.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i'm a day late but i'd also like to make it known that i really want pulis to fuck off now

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean there's a centreback and a right back on the bench - but instead he switches Can, who has zero pace, to right back. Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll probably get a pasting in the return fixture as well.

I can see this ending up a hammering too.

Edit: @SvN

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at that advert teasing something that'll happen in the next break. Another huge step towards the program itself being a genuine inconvenience to the advertising.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    i know i'm a day late but i'd also like to make it known that i really want pulis to fuck off now
    Manager swap?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Manager swap?
    I'd gobble Mert's little turkey twizzler for that deal, buddy.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd gobble Mert's little turkey twizzler for that deal, buddy.
    Just temporary so someone can sort out Liverpool's defence.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should go for the Celtic manager.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feathery wrists.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faith in Klopp severely waning here.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, this is grim.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been poor. We’re rubbish at scoring but have hidden it to a point this season by how good we can look going forward, right up until putting it in the net. Defensively we’re utter utter rubbish.

Still happy to keep Klopp in charge, he needs to buy a defence in the window though. We need someone to coach them too.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-1 down and we’re are kicking the ball out because one of there players has fucking cramp. Soppy fucking cunts.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really thought that Klopp was going to work out there, but they're absolute shite. That was wonderful.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at Man City's +28 goal difference.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sense us trying to agree a fee to bring Keita in January and also throwing a stupid amount to get Van Dijk in.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be completely ignored in the battering they took but it's twice in two games that an Everton player has shoved a player already out of play into a barrier. It's so dangerous, Monreal almost went studs first into a fan because of it today.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was doing alright? Is it a common stance from West Brom fans to want him out?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I used to play against West didsbury when I was in Manchester. They've really come on as a club since then and it's a lovely set up. There second team got us a result which meant we won the league.
    It was good. That little stand in front of the clubhouse is nicely done and the little bar is good too with a decent selection of bottle beers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I thought he was doing alright? Is it a common stance from West Brom fans to want him out?
    I'm not quite on their home turf here, but common thought is they want him out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Went and saw West Didsbury & Chorlton get smaahed 3-0 in the pissing rain at home to West Auckland.

Highlight of the game was the WA goalie saying to his own defender, who was sitting down pretending to be injured, "Get up ye soft cunt it's raining!"
    I see that Silsden are in the league below West Didsbury, which is strange as they're just up the road from me really (it's where our cup final was last season). The only other grounds I've been to in those leagues are Cammell Laird and Atherton Leburnon Rovers.

The north east is strong for non league at the moment, so no surprise to see West Auckland winning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marseille coming out to pyrotechnics and Van Halen belting over the PA. This would be a bit much for a cup final or opening day, never mind an October league game.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than having some cheerleaders and Pig Bag after every home goal, I guess.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time the co commentator has said he likes a player he's qualified it with 'as a footballer', like he's terrified Robot Wars will call him gay.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wasn't Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool's manager would be bang in trouble now.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy Gary Neville’s Soccerbox.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that Silsden are in the league below West Didsbury, which is strange as they're just up the road from me really (it's where our cup final was last season). The only other grounds I've been to in those leagues are Cammell Laird and Atherton Leburnon Rovers.

The north east is strong for non league at the moment, so no surprise to see West Auckland winning.
    I think I saw that they've been in a few of the last few Vase finals while Didsbury barely ever get out of the first round so I didn't have high hopes of seeing a home win.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    If he wasn't Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool's manager would be bang in trouble now.
    A whole 3 points behind Chelsea and Arsenal. What a disgrace. I heard someone on 606 describe them as 'in a relegation battle' earlier. Football is fucked.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The football is so bad to watch, and tactics are at times incompetent. On the surface we're doing okay in the league, but we're only a few points off relegation and next four fixtures are City, Huddersfield, Chelsea and Spurs, so could easily be bottom 3 by December. Thing is, I'm happy with Pulisball against the big boys and I won't be that surprised if we get a point or two off City, Chelsea and Spurs, but I also expect us to go with 3 DMs against Huddersfield and get done 1-0 with about 35% possession.

I am aware that I leave myself open to the kind of criticism Charlton fans got when Curbishley left, or West Ham and Newcastle fans often get because they supposedly think they should be playing swashbuckling football and getting top 4 every season (they largely don't but it's fun to wind people up) but...fuck me, it's so fucking tedious. Genuinely would rather see us get relegated and have a young, forward-thinking manager playing decent stuff and build a young side than just trying to keep our heads above water every year. Cus like, what's the fucking point?

People talk about the money of the premier league and how important it is to stay up every season, but I don't give a shit because I'm not a fucking shareholder or whatever.

I think it's a somewhat unique situation at the Albion, especially for the time I started going to games. I started going regularly in 1999/00 and this was the season by season:

99/00 - avoided relegation last game of the season
    00/01 - lost in play-offs
    01/02 - promoted after chasing down our biggest rivals Wolves from a gap of about 12 points in March
    02/03 - relegated
    03/04 - promoted
    04/05 - survived on the last game of the season after being bottom at Xmas (the great escape)
    05/06 - relegated
    06/07 - lost in playoff final (i was there)
    07/08 - won the championship playing fucking ridiculously good passing football and lost in fa cup semis (i was there)
    08/09 - relegated
    09/10 - promoted

so during my formative decade as a West Brom fan, aged 7-17, when everything matters more anyway, fucking everything was going on. so obviously I'm a bit blinkered and the day to day slog of mid-table mediocrity and 40 POINTS!! is a bit hard to get used to anyway, let alone when we go with 3 centre backs in the back 4 and 3 defensive midfielders away at Brighton.

I could tell you in some detail about all the sides from those seasons, with the exception of 05/06 06/07 kind of time (i'd gotten really into runescape and wanking and couldn't be arsed with a season ticket, though I vaguely remember a 38 year old Kevin Campbell inexplicably leading the line).

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Pulis has been a bit hard done by on the 'good football' front this season. Burke and Chadli missing all season has kind of fucked it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Think Pulis has been a bit hard done by on the 'good football' front this season. Burke and Chadli missing all season has kind of fucked it.
    Ish. Burke was never really intended for the first team I don't reckon. Had a few sub appearances earlier on, but was always intended as a fringe player. He's still going with Livermore, Barry and Krykowiak (sp) as our midfield 3 in plenty of games, which eschews the fairly typical 2DMs and a playmaker midfield 3 for 2DMs and...errr...Jake Livermore. And generally at least one centre back at full back.

It goes beyond personnel, though. Against West Ham we played Gibbs (an actual leftback!!), and a midfield 3 of Barry, Polish Greg and Morrison, and front 3 of Brunt, Phillips and Rodriguez and I was very optimistic. It was an absolutely toilet performance against one of the worst teams in the league that ended 0-0. We had 37% possession.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runescape.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    A whole 3 points behind Chelsea and Arsenal. What a disgrace. I heard someone on 606 describe them as 'in a relegation battle' earlier. Football is fucked.
    It’s more the fact that the defence looks as wank as the day he took over, which is a couple of years ago Now. Fundamental stuff.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 defensive signings in the 4 windows since he took over.

One hasn't been seen since August and the other was a freebie who looks okay. Minus maybe one quality striker, the attack is good and set. As was mentioned during the game, when Moreno is looking easily your best defender you have massive problems. All of the money should be going on defensive players. Also we're crying out for someone to replace the Lucas role that we lost.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never replaced Mascherano. The last defensive midfielder we signed was fucking Christian Poulsen.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The football is so bad to watch, and tactics are at times incompetent. On the surface we're doing okay in the league, but we're only a few points off relegation and next four fixtures are City, Huddersfield, Chelsea and Spurs, so could easily be bottom 3 by December. Thing is, I'm happy with Pulisball against the big boys and I won't be that surprised if we get a point or two off City, Chelsea and Spurs, but I also expect us to go with 3 DMs against Huddersfield and get done 1-0 with about 35% possession.

I am aware that I leave myself open to the kind of criticism Charlton fans got when Curbishley left, or West Ham and Newcastle fans often get because they supposedly think they should be playing swashbuckling football and getting top 4 every season (they largely don't but it's fun to wind people up) but...fuck me, it's so fucking tedious. Genuinely would rather see us get relegated and have a young, forward-thinking manager playing decent stuff and build a young side than just trying to keep our heads above water every year. Cus like, what's the fucking point?

People talk about the money of the premier league and how important it is to stay up every season, but I don't give a shit because I'm not a fucking shareholder or whatever.

I think it's a somewhat unique situation at the Albion, especially for the time I started going to games. I started going regularly in 1999/00 and this was the season by season:

99/00 - avoided relegation last game of the season
    00/01 - lost in play-offs
    01/02 - promoted after chasing down our biggest rivals Wolves from a gap of about 12 points in March
    02/03 - relegated
    03/04 - promoted
    04/05 - survived on the last game of the season after being bottom at Xmas (the great escape)
    05/06 - relegated
    06/07 - lost in playoff final (i was there)
    07/08 - won the championship playing fucking ridiculously good passing football and lost in fa cup semis (i was there)
    08/09 - relegated
    09/10 - promoted

so during my formative decade as a West Brom fan, aged 7-17, when everything matters more anyway, fucking everything was going on. so obviously I'm a bit blinkered and the day to day slog of mid-table mediocrity and 40 POINTS!! is a bit hard to get used to anyway, let alone when we go with 3 centre backs in the back 4 and 3 defensive midfielders away at Brighton.

I could tell you in some detail about all the sides from those seasons, with the exception of 05/06 06/07 kind of time (i'd gotten really into runescape and wanking and couldn't be arsed with a season ticket, though I vaguely remember a 38 year old Kevin Campbell inexplicably leading the line).
    Sunderland fans have always turned their nose up at Pulis and one or two others. There's also been the mindset that going down would allow us to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.

In short, be careful what you wish for.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    We never replaced Mascherano. The last defensive midfielder we signed was fucking Christian Poulsen.
    The best defensive midfielder in the world couldn't make our back five look good though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    The best defensive midfielder in the world couldn't make our back five look good though.
    Whilst I completely understand what you are saying - it would help enormously. The amount of times either Lovren or Matip have had to step out of defence to plug a gap, leaving massive space in the middle, which with full backs so high, has been a disaster.

Klopp isn't getting sacked any time soon. Despite what Yevrah "anyone else but Klopp would have been sacked by now" Harvey ( )thinks, we do tend to give managers time (except for Hodgson, which was probably the right decision anyway), and Klopp will be with us for a long time.

The biggest frustration for me, as already pointed out above, is the lack of defensive signing we have made in the past 4 windows. Klavan.... Robertson (played well every game, never picked) and Matip. I mean we had all summer to buy a CB, it was obvious (hindsight, perhaps) that VvD was coming - why didn't we go for someone else.. Koulibaly, Sanchez, any fucker.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunderland fans have always turned their nose up at Pulis and one or two others. There's also been the mindset that going down would allow us to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.

In short, be careful what you wish for.
    While I understand the sentiment, one more year of van Gaal would have sent me to heroin. You want to watch and be entertained not hate the thought of the 90 minutes to come.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's absolute rock bottom right there

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Whilst I completely understand what you are saying - it would help enormously. The amount of times either Lovren or Matip have had to step out of defence to plug a gap, leaving massive space in the middle, which with full backs so high, has been a disaster.

Klopp isn't getting sacked any time soon. Despite what Yevrah "anyone else but Klopp would have been sacked by now" Harvey ( )thinks, we do tend to give managers time (except for Hodgson, which was probably the right decision anyway), and Klopp will be with us for a long time.

The biggest frustration for me, as already pointed out above, is the lack of defensive signing we have made in the past 4 windows. Klavan.... Robertson (played well every game, never picked) and Matip. I mean we had all summer to buy a CB, it was obvious (hindsight, perhaps) that VvD was coming - why didn't we go for someone else.. Koulibaly, Sanchez, any fucker.
    You've made a howling arse of that Yev reference.

I reckon Klopp bought himself a bit of latitude on the defensive shambles with the summer long pursuit of Van Dijk. They'd identified their target and gone after him with sufficient financial gusto, it just turned out that Southampton weren't the soft touch they've been the last five years.

If he doesn't get a top class central defender in by the end of January then it's time to start inventing Sun connections.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You've made a howling arse of that Yev reference.

I reckon Klopp bought himself a bit of latitude on the defensive shambles with the summer long pursuit of Van Dijk. They'd identified their target and gone after him with sufficient financial gusto, it just turned out that Southampton weren't the soft touch they've been the last five years.

If he doesn't get a top class central defender in by the end of January then it's time to start inventing Sun connections.
    I wasn't being entirely serious with the Yev dig - hence, the

But yes, if no new defenders come in January - more serious questions will start to be asked.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool play like most Bundesliga sides do. In Germany there's a sort of implicit agreement that defending doesn't matter and the pitch needs to be as huge as possible (except by a few teams, such as Cologne, who play to stop goals). The problem Klopp has is that in England, everyone is far more pragmatic than he.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, one more year of van Gaal would have sent me to heroin. You want to watch and be entertained not hate the thought of the 90 minutes to come.
    Unfortunately we're both shit and terrible to watch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp should be nowhere near the sack but fuck me it's the same story over and over. Some serious spending needs to be done in January and the summer as it's groundhog Day defensively. Lovren in for much deserved stick, the useless twat.

Tottenham though...quality team. I do really like watching them as well as City.

Top four will still be a good year but we're making it harder than it needs to be. Then again we've had City, Arsenal and Spurs now, it's the stupid draws against the dross that irritates me more.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the looks of it so far, City has this in the bag. They just are a class above everyone else at the moment and their somewhat shaky defence seems like it's not a big issue anymore since they score about 6 goals per game.

It also feels like a lot of their players have taken another sort of maturity-step now. Kevin de Bruyne is some sort of Football Genius at the moment and Silva is much more mature as a "deeper" central midfielder than I'd have expected. Even Sterling is making all the right decisions and playing some good, simple football.

Jesus is maybe the most mature 19-year-old striker I've ever seen, and Aguero is back to 3-seasons-ago form.

United/Spurs should end up in any order after that depending on who stays fit the most of Kane and Lukaku, and after that it sort of seems like the 4th spot is up for grabs between whoever manages to fuck up the least out of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Right now I think Chelsea will have it but who knows. Kante being out seems to majorly fuck that team up.