User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2018

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022/23, might have a chance of cracking the top 4 this time out. Also, who needs defenders when you've got strikers right?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm on the move again. Another side step really

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid and PSG are offering me batshit money for De Gea in second season transfer window (£100m), but there's nobody good enough to replace him, he's not kicking off and I don't need the money so guess they can swivel.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace him with Donnarumma if you can get him cheapish? (doubtful)

Won manager of the month in my first month in Sweden.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Replace him with Donnarumma if you can get him cheapish? (doubtful)

Won manager of the month in my first month in Sweden.
    I did consider it but I don't think Donnarumma is actually as good and I have a very young regen goalkeeper who isn't ready for the first team yet but who I would like to bring through in the future. I could use the money to replace Lukaku with Griezmann or Dybala or someone but he scored 56 in 58 for me last season so not sure I want to even if they are 'better'. Also have a young regen striker I'd like to bring through as his replacement.

Think I'll just stick with what I've got.

EDIT:

This is my team at the moment, there's nobody I really want to replace.

EDIT 2: I bought the in game editor - as you can see - because I had about 6 players get injured for about 6 months each within a couple of weeks and I raged. Fite me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know my team's good, but starting to think I might have inadvertently made a really broken tactic...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never pay for the editor when you can get a cracked FMRTE easily

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was foomin' mate, I couldn't have been messing around googling stuff.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper addicted to this. Spent all day doing pre-season ready for my first season in the Premier League with Fulham after winning the play-offs in the first season.

Lys Mousset on loan from Bournemouth almost single-handedly got me promoted.

Only chose Fulham for Matt O'Riley and Ryan Sessegnon. I've had to promise the latter I'll sell him but I'e no intention of doing so not sure what'll happen when the transfer window closes and he's still here. I've bought well (despite being short in a few positions, mainly not having any secondary wingbacks) and can't wait to go again in the big league. Spent £50m. Will post screenshots next time I get chance.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That team is bonkers.

I am midway through my second season with Crewe. We won the 4th tier at the first attempt and sit in the playoffs mid way through the second season.

The board sold my hottest youth prospect (regen) to Bournemouth for 1.7m the bastards. Fuck knows if he will actually be good but considering they spend that much on him I imagine so.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfer window has closed and I'm all set to start my second season - Fulham's first one back in the Premier League since 2014. A lot of wheeling and dealing has gone on:

Florinel Coman seems a bit of a bargain for £5m. I play 5-2-3 with the three strikers as one advanced forward (goals!) and two deep lying forwards (assists!) and ideally he'd play as one of the DLF and Paulinho would play AF. However, the latter didn't get a work permit (I decided to sign him anyway cos £4m seemed too good to pass up) so he's gone on loan to Denmark for two years, with the hope he'll score tons and get Brazil caps and qualify for a work permit. I'll honestly be surprised if I ever see him play a game in a Fulham shirt.

Another player I signed despite not having a work permit is goalkeeper Predrag Rajkovic. My scouts rated him as 100 so for £4.2m I was definitely gonna bring him in. I was hoping to get in Guillermo Ochoa to play while super-100 keeper was out on loan in Italy, but I couldn't raise enough funds on deadline day so I've ended up with Adam Federici as my sub and I'll be playing Marcus Bettinelli for another season and hoping the new defensive three in-front of him do their job and keep us up this season.

I've actually bought three and loaned one: Jason Denayer came in on loan from Man City, as per my new Director of Football Gianluca Nani's suggestion, and I've bought Lewis Dunk, Denis Vavro and Lautaro Giannetti. I've never heard of the latter two but my scouts and coaches seem keen on them, so fingers crossed.

My biggest signing was another play rated 100, Lucas Torreira. £25m on one player was pretty risk, but I needed a ball winning central midfielder, and my scouts honestly couldn't stop wanking over him. It took a long time to get him to agree to discuss terms, so I'm really hoping he was worth all the effort. The negotiations were super tense though, because he asked for nothinig and I had to smash out a deal from scratch. Thankfully it went green one the second attempt and Fulham had a new record signing.

My director of football also signed (I get final say, he just makes offers) Patrick Cutrone and Facundo Colidio on loan. The former will probably play as my advanced forward, and the latter will come off the bench when needed. Calvert-Lewin and Isaac Hayden are also just for the bench, really.

Oh, last season I had van der Vaart and he was pretty rubbish. He retired at the end of the season so I took him on as a coach and asked him to recommend a signing. He said I should buy Nicolas Dyhr, so I did. I'm training him to be a deep lying forward. Come on Rafa, don't let me down again.

Here's my team:

Has anyone any experience with those players?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three player save with The Reid then Baz?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Three player save with The Reid then Baz?
    It would have to be a network game, and Mike would just be on Overwatch.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed up. Came in towards the end of the season with them sat in the relegation zone. They play easily the worst football of my three sides so far. Wholesale changes are needed in the summer.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't sound good.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I got, when a player gets turned down a work permit you seem to win about 8/10 appeals so it's not as game-breaking as I had in 17.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this arriving tomorrow:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...69905-pdt.html

How many leagues do you think that could run smoothly?

Also how can I transfer FM files across form laptop to laptop without an external hard drive? Oh and can I just re-download FM from Steam when I sign in on the new laptop?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just download through steam.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, how about moving files? I wouldn't mind moving my current save over and all the graphics ect.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could save your game to the steam cloud of upload it somewhere and download it again.
    The rest you’re going to need external storage really.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah right, I'll have a look into that, cheers. You can't just get a usb and connect them both to move the files across then?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Ah right, I'll have a look into that, cheers. You can't just get a usb and connect them both to move the files across then?
    You can do but moving graphics will take ages if you have the faces megapack. It’ll be quicker to redownload it direct to your new device.

You can move the saved games easy enough though. They in My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM18/games

Tactics are in the tactics folder in the same directory.

Graphics are in the same place too but like I said, depending on how many you have, I’d just redownload them all.

Don’t forget to do the real name fix, https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/vi...ional-team-fix
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting end to the season!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southend are back in the Championship lads. Nearly reached the League Cup final as well, but got dicked by Chelsea. Which is another thing that needs fixing, with all the big teams field their first 11 in the cups.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board have just chucked another £100m my way mid second season, but everyone is playing so well I don't know if I want to buy anyone.

Lukaku is probably the position I could most 'improve', but he's got 29 goals in 22 games so far this season...

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Finished my second season

What a season for Fulham. Back into the top league via a Playoffs victory and predicted to come 20th by the media. Well I proved them wrong and we finished 6th! Not only that but we also won the FA Cup. Made even better as the final was against Middlesbrough who won the Championship last season and got relegated this season, har har.

I was propelled forward by two of my summer signings, Florinel Coman and Paulinho. The latter got a work permit in January, after tearing it up in Denmark for half a season, so I recalled him and he went absolutely mental in front of goal, scoring 24 goals in 16 games. He also came third in the golden boot despite only playing four months of the season. He could post some Ronaldo numbers next season, if I'm lucky.

Another player who was out on loan to get a work permit was my goalkeeper, Rajkovic. He was playing every week at Napoli and, like Paulinho, was granted a work permit in January and recalled to Fulham. However he was "ineligible to play for more than two teams in one season" so spent the remainder of the season keeping goal for my U23 and U18 team, whoops. So I loaned in Rafael and sorta rotated between him and Bettinelli, who is now worth £14m, somehow, so I may try to cash in on him in the summer.

Other than that, I'm currently studying for my Continental C License (I started from the bottom) and we've set up an affiliation with Australian side Perth Glory to make some dollar, so I'll hopefully tour there in pre-season and sell some Jackson Irvine shirts. Transfer-wise I've got yet another goalkeeper, Juliano, coming in (and he got a work permit so no faffing this time) along with Joaquin Rikemberg, who can hopefully be trained as a deep lying forward to join forces with Coman and Paulinho. Frightening front three, even if I do say so myself! Oh and in January I bought a right wingback who is very raw, but hopefully a long-term replacement for Debuchy, called Robson Zabotto but he didn't get a work permit yet.

I've also signed Martin Hanson from Birmingham for £575k because his determination is 20, and made use of my affiliation with Leyton Orient to bring in Mike Griffiths for £100k, who doesn't look like anything special but has been seriously tearing it up as a box to box midfielder for the U23 team. I doubt he'll ever take my boy Matt O'Riley's place in the team though, considering I only chose Fulham for him and Ryan Sessegnon. Blimey, didn't realise he's worth £31m now. Crazy! Mbappe is worth £98m lol.

Here's my team. Oh and I'm also the Turkey manager.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work @Baz

I had a busy summer trying to turn my side from one playing awful football to a side I like.

I also released a further 15 players on free transfers.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually into this now. Only way I could think of getting some fun out of it was getting the level 10 mod and starting with the mighty Rugby Town (they start 2 divisions below conf north/south), because obviously everyone is so rubbish it's really easy to build a side, and you don't need to worry about training and stuff.

Justifying having ridiculously overpowered manager stats by getting all role-playing about it:

Toggle Spoiler

It also helps having an absolute monster at this level playing up top:

Toggle Spoiler

Lots of fun so far.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, anyone got a good broken tactic? Just need something to ensure I don't get sacked while I figure out my own.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Lads, anyone got a good broken tactic? Just need something to ensure I don't get sacked while I figure out my own.
    https://www.fmscout.com/a-nunos-vision-fm18.html

I don’t know if this is the one I used before developing my own, but it’s the same set up. It worked too well in the end. I won everything with Derby (league and both cups) so sacked the save off and started a fresh without it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know how to get the steam cloud working? I've saved my save to the cloud but its not appearing on the cloud on my new laptop when I try to load it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    https://www.fmscout.com/a-nunos-vision-fm18.html

I don’t know if this is the one I used before developing my own, but it’s the same set up. It worked too well in the end. I won everything with Derby (league and both cups) so sacked the save off and started a fresh without it.
    Jesus H Christ is this tactic good.I am managing Olympiakos and won 4-1 against a full strength Barcelona side at home.Dispatches teams for fun and it's not too shabby defensively.The wing backs are really key to the tactic working.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoutsonik View Post
    Jesus H Christ is this tactic good.I am managing Olympiakos and won 4-1 against a full strength Barcelona side at home.Dispatches teams for fun and it's not too shabby defensively.The wing backs are really key to the tactic working.
    Three at the back with wbs and three up top (either strikes or AMs) is this game's broken one. There's a Chinese tactic going about that took me to unbeaten in about 80 games with the starting United squad.

As ever wingers/inside forwards are generally useless.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Three at the back with wbs and three up top (either strikes or AMs) is this game's broken one. There's a Chinese tactic going about that took me to unbeaten in about 80 games with the starting United squad.

As ever wingers/inside forwards are generally useless.

Naaaaah mate.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having scored 108 and conceded 80 last season, I've started tightening up the defence this one. Still not amazing compared to the teams I'm trying to compete with but I'll be disappointed if I don't get a Champions League spot out of this campaign (2023/4). Hell of a relegation fight building too

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naaaaah mate.
    Compared to 50-70 goals and around 40+ assists each from three strikers its League Two tier fam.

Upload your tactic though, would love to give it a go please. Tired of three strikers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40+ in 20 games?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40+ in 20 games?
    One game m8

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wew lad, I might as well quit now.

Where's the best place to upload the tactic?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wew lad, I might as well quit now.

Where's the best place to upload the tactic?
    http://www.filedropper.com/

Piece of piss to use

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    http://www.filedropper.com/

Piece of piss to use
    http://www.filedropper.com/fordsthegoodcunt

There you go lad.

Inb4 you get bongoed 5-0 by Crewe.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me love you long time

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf you're united, that tactic has hardly been tested. A trained monkey could win the league with them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright mate, I only uploaded it because he asked.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok mate.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M8s.

Mentioned