Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 3495

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus it was largely a popular vote.

He could shit on the pitch every game whilst smoking a fag and still get into the TOTY.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like how EA have intergrated real life players into the game with the promotion videos.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much are the three going for and have 83's and 84's gone through the floor in value yet?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi = 3.8m and 3.6m
    Ronaldo = 5.4m and 5.8m
    Kane = 1.6m and 1.6m

Prices from FUTWIZ and are xbox then PS4.

I havent checked too many of them but I packed Benatia earlier and he is down to the mid 3's. Matic is down to the mid 1's

Might have to pick up a few of those.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spent the last hour sniping 83's and 84's. Spent 160k so far, which I should double if and when the TOTW SBC comes.

That Kane card looks beastly.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have about a half of my coins liquid as I bought something like 25 of my usual investment today. Might pick up a few though.

Today was odd. Someone (EA? do they even inject cards?) chucked about 40 (certainly more than 30 as I bid on 30 and had to keep coming back when my max got met as my watchlist was full) of a card that hasn't been in packs for months on the market. All set to sell within seconds of each other and all started out a min bid, max price.

The price has dropped around 7/8k in the last month so if someone was hoarding to sell they have missed their chance.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a bit of business.

Sold IF Naldo and brought in IF Koulibaly, brought Boateng back and finally pushed the button on Henry for 1.4m.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have any of the Leipzig version of Compper in your club his price has skyrocketed.

Someone posted about him on Reddit a while back and I bought like 10 of him for like 8k. Just kept relisting at 4/5k and half of them have sold today.

He is, iirc, one of only two gold centre backs they have but he moved to Celtic in the window so is no longer in packs. When the SBC drops he could be worth a chunk more.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you have any of the Leipzig version of Compper in your club his price has skyrocketed.

Someone posted about him on Reddit a while back and I bought like 10 of him for like 8k. Just kept relisting at 4/5k and half of them have sold today.

He is, iirc, one of only two gold centre backs they have but he moved to Celtic in the window so is no longer in packs. When the SBC drops he could be worth a chunk more.
    I also read this. I bought a few of him and forgot about him. I'm going to check him out now
    Edit: Looks like I have 18. He isn't selling for that much now on PS4 but still nice coins.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember some of you saving packs for TOTY. Anyone pull anything?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I also read this. I bought a few of him and forgot about him. I'm going to check him out now
    Edit: Looks like I have 18. He isn't selling for that much now on PS4 but still nice coins.
    It will rise again, especially around Bundesliga SBC hype

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember some of you saving packs for TOTY. Anyone pull anything?
    I sacked mine off as there's no chance.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised I bought so many. I though only bought about 4 on opening bid.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it - I thought that with many of the sole golds, but firstly, there is also Orban and a decent silver, and secondly the team rating requirements are a piece of piss this year.

@Yevrah Henry is great. 8 goals and 5 assists in 8 games. Not much for some, but I score a lot from midfield and across the front three, with the wider men generally scoring a little more and the striker assisting more, and all these games are in the Daily Knockout tournament. Assume that's the young Henry you've got?

His strength is great, a real upgrade on anyone else I've had up front. Nothing needs saying in terms of pace and finishing obviously, and he just seems to constantly get the better of the opposition and does everything perfectly - passing, crossing, even recovering the ball.

Might need to put him in both my teams and just fitness card him. Either that or, I am considering cutting down to only one squad for the first time in years, what with squad fitness being so cheap this year. I'll see what coins are to be made, since 3 of my starters are untradeables, and likely make a decision over the weekend.

Also - got James Rodriguez from MM's and David Silva from the TOTY Nominee SBC

The club is building back up again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTY Kane looks fucking obscene. The only thing stopping his normal card from being a monster is pace, and that one makes landing him on 99 pace a possibility. 1.6m is buttons for that player.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. He was going for as low as 1.1m yesterday.

I've got 90 Henry (the middle one) Merse and he's great, but I'm trying to pull back from playing this game quite so much, so might sell up (particularly the 83s and 84s when the new TOTW lands tomorrow) and go back in a month or so with a completely new team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And part of the above is motivated by wanting to have more fun with the game - when you're in a 50+ game a week slog to get the best team possible for you it's hard to do that.

For example, Shearer was my favourite player as a kid, so why haven't I bought him? It's because I know he's not meta (vomit), but that really shouldn't be what matters.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    And part of the above is motivated by wanting to have more fun with the game - when you're in a 50+ game a week slog to get the best team possible for you it's hard to do that.

For example, Shearer was my favourite player as a kid, so why haven't I bought him? It's because I know he's not meta (vomit), but that really shouldn't be what matters.
    I've enjoyed having a fortnight or so off, following a quiet spell over Xmas actually, so I get the motivation.

It was also a big part of going after Henry. Ok, he's as Meta as anyone, but had I been thinking just in terms of economy and maximum value across my teams, I'd likely have waited for TOTY and picked up Kane, [ @John yes, he looks monstrous with a hunter, and now I kinda want him] but I made prime Henry my aim for this game for the reason that he's my favourite player of all time and it would be fun having a long running, hard to achieve aim. Now, I'm back to aiming to complete the other three major league SBC's as soon as they come out, as I like it and the packs are fun. But, I'm over the full WL slog. I may complete 40 games some weekends, but I've definitely got past the feeling of needing to complete them all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listed up all of the big hitters for the next 6 hours at reasonable overnight prices. Basically I'm left with the untradeables I have and TotGS Ben Yedder, who I couldn't bring myself to sell, plus a load of <83's (Dembele, Martial etc).

The other 83s and 84s (I have shitloads) will be fired into the market tomorrow night, which will take me to well in excess of 7m coins. I've got another account which I'm going to bronze pack method over the next couple of weeks and if I'm having more fun with that than I was on this one I might just risk the banning and flog the coins to one of those websites.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sacked mine off as there's no chance.
    And as if to prove that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4luMdjVhE8

The first 8 minutes of that suggest that they fuck with the regular pack rates for these events, let alone the TOTY cards.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wasnt my favourite but of the icon options he was the one, thats why I did him. However I am going on 10 days without even bringing myself to open the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already having more fun on the new game than in the previous one for a while. Just packed Ribery from a two player reward pack as part of my started objectives. He's untradeable, but it's an interesting player (who isn't meta) that I'd never have used otherwise.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF is "meta"?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    WTF is "meta"?
    I think it means being the best. God-Like. The 1% when using the word in FIFA.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And as if to prove that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4luMdjVhE8

The first 8 minutes of that suggest that they fuck with the regular pack rates for these events, let alone the TOTY cards.
    I dunno. Those packs are never great anyway and I pulled a Hamez walkout and a TOTW from my MMs this week. I think the weights remain the same or are dynamic based on market values and doubt they fuck with them manually.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    WTF is "meta"?
    I think it means being the best. God-Like. The 1% when using the word in FIFA.
    Nope.

Meta is a big term in videogaming and tabletop/card gaming etc. It’s used where there is more than one playstyle available, hence it’s been around for many years in tabletop and card games but only the lasts decade of sophisticated multiplayer in video games.

The Meta represents the current strongest or most adopted playstyle/strategy employed by players. The best games actively change this up. At least on PC and tabletop/cards where the player base is dedicated and sticks with the games for a long time this is generally seen as essential to the game remaining competitive and keeping strategy relevant (as if the strategy element is important then everyone adopting the same meta strategy leads to a stale scene).

In consoles, this is often complained about - look at the tonnes of users bemoaning the nerfs in patches for FIFA or COD.

Anyway, the Meta for Fifa this year is the 4121 or 4321 formations, low pressure counter attacking with three quick and agile attackers, with Bakayoko at CDM etc etc.

Shearer isn’t Meta (as Yev first mentioned) because he’s not quick or agile enough.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “In games, the "meta" is referring to what are the strongest strategies currently. For example, in League of Legends the "meta" is a phrase that means whatever champions are strongest at the moment. This can fluctuate because of patches that change balance and just because champions that are counters to the strongest then become strong themselves”

Stolen from Reddit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, got it. Like "Stealth Archer/Sniper" in Bethesda games or something. Interesting.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most Effective Tactic Available.

It's a vomit inducing phrase, but it sort of makes sense.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of bringing in either Baby Gullit or Prime Petit.

Smart answer is Petit but Gullit is tempting.

Edit: Bought Petit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF Martial and Valencia incoming (apparently)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where you're getting that from:

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was lot of posts going around on /R/FiFA figures it would be too good to be true.

Quite a large chunk were right. More Sonaldo!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ffs. I can’t stand playing against Son. Loved his POTM card early doors last year, mind. POTM Sane feels very similar.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoyed I sold my PtG Ox card. I only bought it because I thought Klopp would do something with him and he has.

Not a TOTW that will encourage too many people to pile into the SBC I don't think though, which is annoying from an investment perspective.

Oh and sold almost everyone of the above on the main account overnight, for reasonable fees as well, so hopefully the Icons continue to plummet in value.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    86 Son is mad enough, I might not bother getting the 87.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spotted this austrian CB Hinteregger in the TOTW. Looks like a perfect CDM for me. He has a high attacking and medium defensive work rate. As a CDM, you must have a high defensive and medium attacking work rate for it to work.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Callum Wilson from the latest TOTW looks properly good too. Hawk card on him and he's Henry in his prime.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lad who has been very good about icon leaks reckons there will be 4 today.

He also said the leak is out.... if its this

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...team_reliable/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now to decide if picking up a central icon makes sense....

Bought Laudrup and Hagi for 470k each

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done Van Basten and Yashin's (the fucking cap ) loan versions and will do Ronaldinho's and Matthaus later.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, not only has that Ronaldinho got me back interested, it's getting done.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I might do the loan first....

Stick a Hawk on him and oh my word.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, the cap version is here and only 600k.

You on it?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icons right
    Investments

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I dunno. Those packs are never great anyway and I pulled a Hamez walkout and a TOTW from my MMs this week. I think the weights remain the same or are dynamic based on market values and doubt they fuck with them manually.
    I think they manipulate the fuck out of it. It's obviously very hard/impossible to prove, but why wouldn't they do that when it'd clearly increase the revenue the game makes?

They don't have to publish any weights ever either, so they're accountable to no-one as result of any manipulation they employ.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to try a draft and got 90 Gullit, 94 Neymar and 99 Ronaldo.

The rest of the team are shit but those 3 up top in a 4-1-2-1-2

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they manipulate the fuck out of it. It's obviously very hard/impossible to prove, but why wouldn't they do that when it'd clearly increase the revenue the game makes?

They don't have to publish any weights ever either, so they're accountable to no-one as result of any manipulation they employ.
    I tried looking for it but couldn't find an article from some data science team at EA who published research papers on how they fiddle with loads of variables around matchmaking in order to increase stickiness of people playing.

I'd be astonished if there isn't some heavy machine learning/AI kinda stuff in pack weighting/rewards/market availability etc.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Prime Van Basten Loan and the Ronaldinho loan. I dont have KDB yet so I am going to mess around in Squad Battles with the above. We are going to get bummed in midfield but likely score a ton

edit: scratch that I have a 7 game loan for Desailly. Hes going in for Eriksen.